Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,306 comments
The responsiveness is no different than plugging the wheel straight into the console! I can understand people being skeptical, but the drivehub is the real deal... no config files, or messy pc setup(other than if there's firmware updates for it). literally plug in and race... simple as that!

For anyone's info I am in no way paid by collective minds to rant on forums. I was given the opportunity to be a beta tester on this product right after I had purchased the standard cronusmax plus as they were looking for fanatec users to be testers. I was simply blown away at the performance of the drive hub even in early firmware versions. By the end the beta forum was silent due to the fantastic work collective minds (cronusmax) does. The team are super nice people! I guarantee you guys won't be disappointed in your purchase as I was ecstatic with drive hub from day 1. I'm sure the feeling is mutual with all beta testers! It's literally the unit I've dreamed of since xb1 and ps4 launched when us fanatec users got the shaft.

Last edited:
What he said. Things weren't perfect during the beta but they were by the end of it! Even little extras like working out how to turn the right lights on on my Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel. Some fun along the way with buttons mixed up, but the end result is great. I prefer this in PCars as opposed to the native Fanatec support, not sure why, it just "feels" better. And in Assetto Corsa it's brilliant.

I'm confused. Hasn't CronusMax already released a firmware for their current adapters that allow FFB to work with wheels on PS4 and Xbone? How's this any different?

The CronusMAX update was for the PS4 and some Logitrech and Fanatec wheels - it was basically a teaser to what was coming http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech_g25_g27_fanatec_supported_racing_wheels.htm

Drive Hub is a whole different ball game. The difference in hardware and features is night and day with huge room for expansion and no PC or software required.

SoB.. I just bought a G29 to replace my G25 a week ago.

My questions:
  1. This seems to let you move from old wheels to new consoles, but can it do new wheels to old consoles? Can I use my G29 for PS1/2 games? Can this make my G29 shifter work with PS3?
  2. How fast is Microsoft/Sony/Wheel Manufacturers going to stop something like this?

1. Current support is for Xbox One and PS4. We have no plans to support older consoles at this time.
2. They won't. CronusMAX is over 5 years old and because of our authentication technology, it can't be stopped - nor do I see them wanting to. After all, the CronusMAX is used by every team at the Call of Duty Championships. If they had a problem - that wouldn't be possible.

It would be great to know if they ever plan to extend the support to flight sticks as well.
I'd like one for playing Elite Dangerous on my PS4, but the only supported stick is a shoddy Thrustmaster...

The CronusMAX supports Flight Sticks. The Drive Hub is for wheels and racing games.

If this thing has no input lag that's massive.

We solved issues with lag using new algorithms last year when we partnered up with the Call of Duty World Championships. There is no lag or latency :)

XXI
No one is answering because I don't think anyone really knows.

Hence the reason I'm not buying it yet as I don't want my $90 getting patched out.

The answer is in the original post. That the Xbox One and PS4 is supported. There's no mention of XBox 360 and PS3 because there's no support for those :) (Update: PS3 Support has now been added)

As I responded in a previous post, our crossover products are over 5 years old and are the best selling in the world. Due to how we authenticate the controllers using original hardware, they have never and can never be "patched out"

The Max needs a USB hub and a controller. This looks like they basically took the hub and Max and made it one unit in a new race oriented plastic box. It's probably 99% identical to a Max.

Never had much input lag using my g27+Max on PS4 so I doubt this will either.

There's actually 0% of the CronusMAX hardware design in the Drive Hub. It's completely different technology. I wish it was as simple as just adding a USB hub. If I wanted to do that with a CronusMAX it would take approx 10 minutes to have the design ready as there's nothing to it. We worked for over a year on the Drive Hub. You'll all see why very soon :)

I always thought the CronusMax duped the console into thinking you were using a controller. That's why FFB was approximated and steering wasn't very responsive. The Drive Hub is claiming to be recognised as a supported FFB wheel. So it should feel 100x better than any of the Maxes.

Not with the new PS4 Wheel Edition Mode. It's a pure wheel emulation with fully accurate force feedback. Wheels are recognized in-game as a Logitech G29 on a PS4 with the CronusMAX. This was also just a sample of the new technology - Drive Hub is miles ahead of the CronusMAX.

Lag is my concern, and I do expect at least Microsoft to rain on this parade. At least on the Xb1. I don't think they'd prevent it from working on the 360. - This is just my guess though. It could fly completely under the radar, because they didn't defeat any of the Chrono's Max converters AFAIK.

There is no lag so no need for concern. Microsoft can't patch it - much like the CronusMAX.

Hmm, if this has any way of allowing an accessory on an already compatible setup then they're about to make a few more sales.
Thinking here that I wouldn't mind a handbrake for my G29/PS4 setup. Not sure they're doing that sort of thing though, the limited information seems to be around mapping your 'old' wheel to a new one so that it works on the new consoles.

All credit to them, I hope the bigwigs don't feel the need to block it!

There are options for accessories ;)

I'll say again, it won't be blocked. Hopefully that message will get across now as I see it repeated quite a bit :)

I hope SONY is not able to take any legal action against creators of the hub, that there is no lag and that the creators can override any PS4 updates that would try to make it not work.

I own every SONY console since PSX i support the brand all the way by buying games, PS+ subscriptions etc, however since what SONY is doing in the subject of driving wheels - wheels not working on new platforms - is just a clear rabble I will only buy GT Sport and Project Cars 2 if the hub works, without lag and SONY is not able to do anything about it.

There is no copyrighted code and there is no lag. Original controllers are used for security authentication and that is why our crossover converters have always been legal and unblockable.

I planned to buy Gimmix, however the hub is much superior without necessity of using PC, configuration, DS4 being on all the time. One plus I see for Gimmix is - I think they are able to update firmware very easily and I am not so sure about the hub.

The firmware on the Drive Hub is easy to update.

Am I wrong or there are already users who own the hub? - can you please answer regarding the lag?

I'll repeat again - there is no lag :)

The PS4 thinks my g27 is a g29, there is no input lag that I can detect.

Thank you for confirming :)

Does anyone know if this will work for future consoles because I would hate to replace my G29 like I did with my G27. I would love for my G29 to work on the PS5.

I couldn't possibly answer this as the PS5 doesn't exist yet. If you can get me one i'd be happy to test and find out ;)

I think what is happening is people are confusing the Cronus Max cards and other newer cards to some of the older cards that have come out by several different companies in years past.

I've done some research with this over the past couple of months, and from what I have read, the older products from about 4 or 5 years ago had their issues. However, there hasn't been any complaints whatsoever on lag issues with the newer stuff.

Looks like this is the route I'll be taking with my G-27 for the PS4

Correct. The current CronusMAX PLUS hardware is 2 years old. We purchased the original company and redeveloped everything. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
The CronusMAX update was for the PS4 and some Logitrech and Fanatec wheels - it was basically a teaser to what was coming http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech_g25_g27_fanatec_supported_racing_wheels.htm

Drive Hub is a whole different ball game. The difference in hardware and features is night and day with huge room for expansion and no PC or software required.

Hi DriveHUB. Thanks for your reply. Looks like you guys have come a long way and have accomplished something special for console driving fans, so congratulations. I really have no dog in this fight. I have no allegiance to any of the hardware dongle manufactures. I've been using GIMX for the past year or so, and am very happy with it.

With that having been said, I *DO* want to point out that GIMX still has a few benefits over the DriveHUB but if I'm wrong please don't hesitate to correct me:

1)The new DriveHUB is simply an adapter "Hub" where you plug your "old" or "incompatible" wheel into one USB input connection, and then it emulates the other wheel. Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't appear to allow you to use multiple USB devices and combine them into one "Fake" Logitech G29 wheel. I know I'm in the minority, but there are a few of us that do have several different USB devices that we use on PC, and with GIMX, it allows us to combine them all into one "virtual" Logitech G29 or G27. Are there any plans to implement this feature into the DriveHUB?

2)Does the driveHUB allow you to remap any of the "Fake" or "Emulated" Logitech G29 wheel's buttons or axis? With GIMX, I can remap and assign any of the buttons/functions from ANY of my USB devices, and map them to ANY virtual button on the "Fake" Logitech wheel. So if for example there is a function assigned to a certain button in say, GT Sport that I'm not comfortable with, I can re-arrange that function and assign it to any other button on the emulated wheel. If I'm using a Fanatec wheel and I don't like where the game placed its Reverse button on my shifter, I can move it over to another "gear" on the shifter if I want to.

3)Matlo is planning on releasing a version of GIMX that will allow us to adjust the force feedback *independent* from the game's own FFB effect. In other words we will be able to adjust the strength of several FFB effect parameters such as Centering strength, Constant effect strength and Dampening strength. I'm very excited about these features in particular.

4)Last but not least, this is probably considered an insignificant benefit, but GIMX supports emulation of the G25/G27 on the PS3, unlike the DribeHUB. Yes the PS3 is an old console now, but I'm willing to bet a few of us still enjoy using it to play older racing games such as GT5, Daytona USA, etc. For me personally, I'll never stop enjoying racing games on my PS3. To be able to play Ridge Racer 7 with my Leo Bodnar wheel alone makes GIMX worth it :)

So yes, while the DriveHUB is quite an accomplishment and offers great simplicity for console users looking for a basic plug and play solution, GIMX is a solution that personally works better for me, given it's extraordinary flexibility and customization options. There is certainly room enough for both adapters to co-exist :)

I want to use either my G27 or my G920 on a PS4 Pro

I use Mac computers running Mac OS exclusively

If I'm reading the documentation correctly, I'm going to have to get myself a PC running Windows 7 or later

Is that correct?

I want to use either my G27 or my G920 on a PS4 Pro

I use Mac computers running Mac OS exclusively

If I'm reading the documentation correctly, I'm going to have to get myself a PC running Windows 7 or later

Is that correct?
The windows pc is simply for updating the firmware of the device. The drivehub is a complete standalone solution, no pc required for operation, and should work fine with the firmware that is shipped on the device!

Hi DriveHUB. Thanks for your reply. Looks like you guys have come a long way and have accomplished something special for console driving fans, so congratulations. I really have no dog in this fight. I have no allegiance to any of the hardware dongle manufactures. I've been using GIMX for the past year or so, and am very happy with it.

With that having been said, I *DO* want to point out that GIMX still has a few benefits over the DriveHUB but if I'm wrong please don't hesitate to correct me:

1)The new DriveHUB is simply an adapter "Hub" where you plug your "old" or "incompatible" wheel into one USB input connection, and then it emulates the other wheel. Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't appear to allow you to use multiple USB devices and combine them into one "Fake" Logitech G29 wheel. I know I'm in the minority, but there are a few of us that do have several different USB devices that we use on PC, and with GIMX, it allows us to combine them all into one "virtual" Logitech G29 or G27. Are there any plans to implement this feature into the DriveHUB?

The Drive Hub can and does do exactly that. You can take your favorite wheel, pedals, shifter and handbrake and merge them all into one virtual device :)

Example Xbox One Setup:

Console USB Port -> XBOX ONE using a micro USB cable
Controller USB Port (Port #1) -> XB1 Controller
Wheel/Controller USB Port (Port #2) -> T500RS
Accessory USB Port (Port #3) -> TH8A etc

If you have any other accessories, say a handbrake, you can use any standard usb hub in the Accessory Port and keep adding...

Hopefully this answers that question :)

drivehub_2.png

2)Does the driveHUB allow you to remap any of the "Fake" or "Emulated" Logitech G29 wheel's buttons or axis? With GIMX, I can remap and assign any of the buttons/functions from ANY of my USB devices, and map them to ANY virtual button on the "Fake" Logitech wheel. So if for example there is a function assigned to a certain button in say, GT Sport that I'm not comfortable with, I can re-arrange that function and assign it to any other button on the emulated wheel. If I'm using a Fanatec wheel and I don't like where the game placed its Reverse button on my shifter, I can move it over to another "gear" on the shifter if I want to.

A lot of the games tested already allow you to do the remapping internally, and it was not deemed a priority in the development phase to allow for custom remapping. No doubt end user feedback will influence future updates.

Example of current remap of a Logitech G27 on the PS4:

g27_ps4.png

3)Matlo is planning on releasing a version of GIMX that will allow us to adjust the force feedback *independent* from the game's own FFB effect. In other words we will be able to adjust the strength of several FFB effect parameters such as Centering strength, Constant effect strength and Dampening strength. I'm very excited about these features in particular.

Podger (Drive Hub engineer) answers this in more detail here

However, there are currently 3 special modes for Fanatec wheels which may interest you. Again, end user feedback will influence future updates.

Fanalogic: Use your Favorite Fanatec wheel (including PC wheel bases) with your favorite racing game on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One , no more having to buy a new wheel or base just play on your favorite platform.

Adaptive Force: Enjoy the added benefit of our Adaptive Force technology enhancing your Fanatec wheel by adding the missing environmental effects while playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon Games (Fanalogic Mode only).

Fanatec Native Mode: This allows Fanatec owners to fully utilize the native Fanatec features, buttons and displays if supported in your favorite Racing game.

4)Last but not least, this is probably considered an insignificant benefit, but GIMX supports emulation of the G25/G27 on the PS3, unlike the DribeHUB. Yes the PS3 is an old console now, but I'm willing to bet a few of us still enjoy using it to play older racing games such as GT5, Daytona USA, etc. For me personally, I'll never stop enjoying racing games on my PS3. To be able to play Ridge Racer 7 with my Leo Bodnar wheel alone makes GIMX worth it :)

We have no plans to support older consoles at this time. As mentioned above, end user feedback will greatly influence future updates. It all really depends on demand. (Update: PS3 Support has now been added)

So yes, while the DriveHUB is quite an accomplishment and offers great simplicity for console users looking for a basic plug and play solution, GIMX is a solution that personally works better for me, given it's extraordinary flexibility and customization options. There is certainly room enough for both adapters to co-exist :)

I can assure you there's nothing basic about the Drive Hub - you will all be able to judge for yourselves on its performance in the next week or so :)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Example Setup:

Console USB Port -> PS4 or XBOX ONE using a micro USB cable
Controller USB Port (Port #1) -> XB1 Controller
Wheel/Controller USB Port (Port #2) -> T500
Accessory USB Port (Port #3) -> TH8A etc

If you have any other accessories, say a handbrake, you can use any standard usb hub in the Accessory Port and keep adding...

1) Is it possible to have a Logitech wheel in the Wheel Controller port, & a Fanatec CSR Elite Pedal set in the Accessory port?

2) If I use a stand alone USB cable converter for a Logitech gear shifter, can I use that in the Accessory port with a T300 wheel for instance?

3) If using pedals via the Accessory port such as the CSR Elite's (or G25 with Leo Bodnar 1024 bit adapter), what resolution are they registered at; 512 or 1024 bits?

VBR
1) Is it possible to have a Logitech wheel in the Wheel Controller port, & a Fanatec CSR Elite Pedal set in the Accessory port?
yes

VBR
2) If I use a stand alone USB cable converter for a Logitech gear shifter, can I use that in the Accessory port with a T300 wheel for instance?
yes

VBR
3) If using pedals via the Accessory port such as the CSR Elite's (or G25 with Leo Bodnar 1024 bit adapter), what resolution are they registered at; 512 or 1024 bits?
that would depend on the adapter... eg for the elite pedal, gas/clutch/handbrake are 12bit and the brake(load cell) is 16 bit...
as for Bodnar, I'm not familiar with that adapter.

to correct my answer to question 2... I misread, the question, I thought you meant the USB cable for a the Thrustmaster shifter TH8A, that does work... This other adapter from Bodnar isn't supported.

Last edited:
This has me interested indeed: i will be buying one. Finally i would be able to use my fanatec gt2 wheel again.

DriveHub: can you suggest any retailers for people living in the Netherlands? It will hopefully lessen the shipping costs..

What about pedals or shifters connected to the wheel base? I think it should work without a problem, but just to be clear, will this cause any problems?

Thanks for the link, but its also in USD and costs more than on the website mentioned in the first post. Even then: when i click calculate shipping and enter my postal code it says: 'There are no shipping methods available. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help'.

Anyone from the Netherlands or maybe Belgium that can tell me where to get the DriveHub?

Order placed. I can't wait.

And I washed some of the dog's blankets, in anticipation. :lol:

And another question...
Was anyone in your test group using standard Fanatec pedals with a Basherboard PF1, or a set of CSR pedals with the PF1 Barebones circuit board?

This is what I am using with my Fanatec CSR pedals...
http://www.basherboards.com/PF1_BB
This replacement circuit board has been a Godsend!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back