Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
I just started using the drive hub with a Fanatec GT2 on GT Sport. Everything works great until the wheel suddenly loses connection to the drive hub. The wheel is still on, but the green light next to the wheel port on drive hub turns off, and my pedals, wheel, and controller stop working. Then I can reset everything and it works. Sometimes I can only do a couple laps, and sometimes it will work fine for hours.

I hope this is a problem with one of the usb cables, but has anyone heard of this problem before? Drive hub is updated to latest version.

Bought the official ps4 USB cable and it's worked perfectly since. Thanks.

Aaand now it disconnected again in the middle of a top split fia race. Perfect timing. Any other ideas on what could be causing this? Kind of disappointing.

, Have had it do that too me but it was something not done right,power saving settings? booting up ps4 from switch on console? forgotten what else but make sure ds4 is deactivated. have had nothing but trouble with mine, works fine in gt sport but not driveclub where it has the brake lights activating yet not pushing brakes, maybe my pedals , heres hoping it works with new pedals today or just wasted a lot of cash. just wanted something simple plug n play instead of faffing around with gimx adapter between pc and ps4

Last edited:
Hi Yall
so i recently got drivehub so i can use my T300RS and Fanatec CSL load cell pedals on my PS4. i got it to work as it should. however i noticed from time to time while loading before a race or after a race. the ps4 would like freeze for 15sec, after the freezer my wheel does not work. I have to restart the Drivehub. Does any know how I can fix this or see why it is doing this?

Aaand now it disconnected again in the middle of a top split fia race. Perfect timing. Any other ideas on what could be causing this? Kind of disappointing.

I used to have a similar problem a few years ago and eventually figured out that my sub woofer auto power on/off coupled with a cheap usb extension cable was the problem.

if there weren’t many bass frequencies for a while the woofer would switch off. Then in the middle of a race the woofer would switch back on and it must have created some sort of pulse that made my wheel at the time disconnect and then reconnect. Might be worth checking it’s not something similar regardless of usb cables etc?

Hi everyone, just purchased the drive hub and using my Logitech GT wheel with dirt rally 2.0. I've connected up exactly how it should be I think and it's still just showing as my controller connected and not the wheel? Any information would be great

Go into game settings, Input, where it says wheel controller, ie Logitech wheel press triangle button(thats for PS4) or whatever if using pc or xbox and be option too calibrate

Go into game settings, Input, where it says wheel controller, ie Logitech wheel press triangle button and be option too calibrate

Thanks I've managed to sort it now, the game wasn't recognising I had a wheel connected it still said it was the ps4 controller but I used a different usb lead and it seems to be working now

What kit do you have now ? you mentioned you had TM pedals coming, which ones... And are you still trying to use the DFGT ?

Hi , the T-3PA non pro pedals, and yes still with the dfgt, pedals are spiking on the brake even in gt sport now , yet brand new and even worse with the brake mod added, but still no matter what i keep getting issues in other games bar GT sport where the brake pedal is activating all the time, don't know what's causing what, is it the drivehub or the co pilot or both and the ds4 controller thats plugged into the drivehub then responding to the rpm's like the drivehub display does, said I'd send hub back but not had the money and my warranty is up this week, so really hoping the collective minds guys will be ok with me sending back monday coming, with that as I have spent a fair bit of money and a lot of stress just trying to get things working ok, may have come across abit rude or angry to start but , just want it too work :) edit, should I be doing anything when plugging the co pilot in or is it plug n play? and no trj12 adapters anywhere too buy

Last edited:
I currently run a G25 via Drivehub on the ps4. I am looking into getting a Fanatec CSL elite with V3 pedals. Can I still run it via the Drivehub and have my x button controller mapped to a keyboard button? I have a selfmade handbrake, where a keyboard stroke activates the X button.

is anyone experiencing a ps4 system freeze after a race? I just received my drivehub. Im getting a 10sec system freeze after a race. Then I have to unplug the drivehub from ps4 and plug back in. I tried other games without drivehub connect and no freeze.
I do have latest firmware on everything and using provided wires.

is anyone experiencing a ps4 system freeze after a race? I just received my drivehub. Im getting a 10sec system freeze after a race. Then I have to unplug the drivehub from ps4 and plug back in. I tried other games without drivehub connect and no freeze.
I do have latest firmware on everything and using provided wires.
Try the beta firmware?

I'm trying to pick up a drivehub in the UK but as soon as I click on the buy link on the main collectiveminds site it takes me to the UK shopify page, briefly shows the drivehub listing then re routes to the front of that store. The Drivehub is then nowhere to be found on that store, which I'm guessing means it's out of stock due to the covid situation or has it been discontinued?

My basic question is, is there any way for me to put in an order to be fulfilled once they get stock back in right now or is there anywhere other than the collectiveminds store that I can buy one? Or should I give up and get one of the Cronus Zen things?

EDIT: Scratch that, i'm an idiot. I thought the home page would have shown all the products rather than having to go into catalogue to see them all. New question then, Seen as the new Cronus Zen is newer and £10 cheaper than the Drivehub, would that be a better investment?

Last edited:
My drivehub picks up as a g27 on my PC , plugging the co-pilot into my pc with my pedals comes up as DrivehubG2x Shifter paddle adapter, on game controllers test it has the the xyz axis that are responding too pedal inputs, but not knowing why button 10 is constantly lit, is that normal?

Last edited:
My drivehub picks up as a g27 on my PC , plugging the co-pilot into my pc with my pedals comes up as DrivehubG2x Shifter paddle adapter, on game controllers test it has the the xyz axis that are responding too pedal inputs, but not knowing why button 10 is constantly lit, is that normal?
Button 10 is likely the pedals presence detect.... 11 is for shifter....

yep, green light on co-pilot and on drivehub is fine displays dfpgt and DH6 before going to E as its connected too pc, edit they are responding as in being g27 pedals, Had it on where it says calibrate but can't find that anymore, maybe the co-pilot is the issue, Shows brake and gas being slightly pressed but aren't being, booted up Dirt 2.0 and thats the same with the brake lights always being on , sometimes they flicker, think the only reason it works in Gt sport is they have a shorter travel range due to the g29 having a bumpstop, all other racing games have the brake always on issue, are these not going to be any use at all if your pedals spike slightly, No updates for the co-pilot?, what is the button on the co pilot for? can also get the green light flashing on co-pilot like it does on the drivehub so you can update firmware but I see none for it. sorry for the longwinded message

Last edited:
Play Mode Update:

Play Mode has been officially abandoned on Drive Hub. The 'other devices' mentioned were to be joypad controllers etc, similar to how CronusMax lets you use almost any controller on any console. However, there were technical issues with its development that couldn't be overcome. The following quote is from Collective Minds:
Play mode was the early stages of what is now Cronus Zen... it caused us a lot of support issues with DriveHub and it also became apparent that the CPU was underpowered for the task...It was taken out of DriveHub and put into a more powerful CPU...The Zen does wireless audio crossover and a bunch of other cool stuff as a result...

If you want to play around with 'work in progress' versions of Play Mode on Drive Hub, you may still be able to that with certain earlier Drive Hub firmware. For instance, I'm on an earlier firmware & can use my DS4 on PS3 in Play Mode, however, it only works in menus & not during gameplay in GT5/6. Also, a friend of mine was able to use his XB1 controller on my PS4 to play Project CARS: it was fully functional & worked with no problems.

:(

Last edited:
Good evening.

Im using the Logitech GT wheel on dirt rally 2.0, I like to use the sequential shifter as my handbrake and the buttons behind the wheel for changing gears but unfortunately the game is recognising the sequential shifter as L1 which is the same as me shifting down is there anyway to change this? I'm playing on PS4

Thanks

I can't seem to find it on PS4 anyway?
in game goto options and extras, select input, will then have connected devices listed, select your wheel should be listed as primary steering device and press x to edit device and edit input bindings

Back