Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
I've got a question for @Podger or anyone else who might know.

Do you know of a firmware version where the Heusinkveld Sprints and Fanatec mode are both working? I can run the Sprints fine with the current firmware, using the CSL Elite PS4 base, but Fanatec mode doesn't work. I've tried a couple of other firmware versions and can't find one where you can run the CSL Elite in Fanatec mode along with the HE Sprints. I'm playing GT Sport by the way.

The reason I'm trying to run the wheel in Fanatec mode is I'm hoping it will solve some issues I'm having with the wheel. On straights, no matter what wheel settings I use, the wheel is oscillating back and forth. Not violently, but enough to be very distracting. Also, the FFB is way too strong on any setting other than 2 FFB and 1 FFB sensitivity in game. I've tried setting drift on -5, I've turned FEI OFF, I've lowered the spring and damper settings.
I haven't yet tried lowering the FFB below 100 on the wheel, but everything I've read says you shouldn't mess with that and instead adjust the FFB settings in game. I've also updated the firmware on the Fanatec wheel base and rim I'm using. No matter what I've tried I can't get rid of the oscillation in the wheel. I can't help but wonder if being able to run the wheel in Fanatec mode might help fix the oscillation issue. Thanks

Last edited:

Attachments

• B7A53189-BA6C-4B74-B523-3A550D512CC5.png
    B7A53189-BA6C-4B74-B523-3A550D512CC5.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 37
in reply to:

The reason I'm trying to run the wheel in Fanatec mode is I'm hoping it will solve some issues I'm having with the wheel. On straights, no matter what wheel settings I use, the wheel is oscillating back and forth. Not violently, but enough to be very distracting. Also, the FFB is way too strong on any setting other than 2 FFB and 1 FFB sensitivity in game. I've tried setting drift on -5, I've turned FEI OFF, I've lowered the spring and damper settings.
I haven't yet tried lowering the FFB below 100 on the wheel, but everything I've read says you shouldn't mess with that and instead adjust the FFB settings in game. I've also updated the firmware on the Fanatec wheel base and rim I'm using. No matter what I've tried I can't get rid of the oscillation in the wheel. I can't help but wonder if being able to run the wheel in Fanatec mode might help fix the oscillation issue. Thanks

Unfortunately it’s GT Sport’s ffb model that causes this. Think I’m right in saying most wheels are affected.

VBR
Cronusmax is in the USA, I'd go for that option.

I ordered the Drivehub device but when I sign up I initially registered the address of a relative who lives in Hialeah, Florida (I don't live in USA). On the checkout section, there was only an address option (billing address) thus allegedly they are only able to ship to the billing address. Then I registered the address I really needed (in a courier on Doral, Florida) but for some reason, the system took as the shipping address the first one which by the way it was registered as Hialeah, VIRGINIA...

Apparently they "shipped" 5 minutes after the order was completed. I immediately called CronusMax but they don't offer me a real solution (this person was very very rude with me :/). I'm worried that my package will be lost.

I know this thread is not for this kind of issues but I would appreciate any help from you.

Is there anyone on this thread who can help me?

I ordered the Drivehub device but when I sign up I initially registered the address of a relative who lives in Hialeah, Florida (I don't live in USA). On the checkout section, there was only an address option (billing address) thus allegedly they are only able to ship to the billing address. Then I registered the address I really needed (in a courier on Doral, Florida) but for some reason, the system took as the shipping address the first one which by the way it was registered as Hialeah, VIRGINIA...

Apparently they "shipped" 5 minutes after the order was completed. I immediately called CronusMax but they don't offer me a real solution (this person was very very rude with me :/). I'm worried that my package will be lost.

I know this thread is not for this kind of issues but I would appreciate any help from you.

Is there anyone on this thread who can help me?

@DriveHUB is a representative of Cronusmax, but hasn't signed on in a long while.

Hello, I have a complete Fanatec team based on 2.5 wheel club sport carbon F1 and pedals V3 game on PS4 for 2 years. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me, thanks.

Hello, I have a complete Fanatec team based on 2.5 wheel club sport carbon F1 and pedals V3 game on PS4 for 2 years. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me, thanks.

And you use it with Drivehub on ps4? Did you need to update the drivers to the latest or to beta drivers to get it work on the ps4?

If you need photos of how everything is connected or if you have any questions, let me know and I will send you photos, I also tell you that neither DRIVEHUB nor the FANATEC team have been updated and everything is perfect . Greetings

Attachments

• 20200625_230725.jpg
    20200625_230725.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200625_230632.jpg
    20200625_230632.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200625_230621.jpg
    20200625_230621.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "MarcoM, post: 13150348, member: 22661"] ¿Y lo usas con Drivehub en ps4? ¿Necesitabas actualizar los controladores a la versión más reciente o beta para que funcione en la ps4? [/ QUOTE]
When you buy the team you also have the instructions for PC, XBOX and PS4 there are also videos on YouTube where you will find any questions about the wheel and also all your team any questions I will be happy to help greetings

[QUOTE = "MarcoM, post: 13150348, member: 22661"] ¿Y lo usas con Drivehub en ps4? ¿Necesitabas actualizar los controladores a la versión más reciente o beta para que funcione en la ps4? [/ QUOTE]
When you buy the team you also have the instructions for PC, XBOX and PS4 there are also videos on YouTube where you will find any questions about the wheel and also all your team any questions I will be happy to help greetings

If you need photos of how everything is connected or if you have any questions, let me know and I will send you photos, I also tell you that neither DRIVEHUB nor the FANATEC team have been updated and everything is perfect . Greetings

Hey, i'm having issues with the connection to my PS4.

Today the whole setup arrived, CSW 2.5, pedals, and the Formula F1 2020 edition wheel. Everything works smooth on PC but i can't get it to work on PS4.

All drivers up to date, drivehub too. The controller's light are flashing yellow, the drivehub shows "0" but i'm stuck on the ps4 home screen, buttons do nothing.

EDIT: Tried the 2.0.5 beta instead of 2.0.5 like their support team told me and it worked, why is that?

EDIT 2: The rotaries don't work on F1 2020, that is because of the drivehub right? neither the rotaries or the selectable buttons in the middle.

Last edited:
good to know because I am awaiting my delivery in a month's time.

Glad it works for you now.

Regarding the rotaries on the F1 wheel. I think even with a official supported Fanatec Csl elite ps4 base, the rotaries don't work.

EDIT: Tried the 2.0.5 beta instead of 2.0.5 like their support team told me and it worked, why is that?

I've been running with some version of beta for a few years now, haven't updated in at least a year or more. GT Sport, Dirt Rally and AC work fine for me - wholly recommend the Drivehub.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my CSW 2.5 and CSL LC work fine on GT6 and GT5 on the PS3 (I think I used the Logitech mode for this)

Back