Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
I pushed a new beta version 2.0.8-beta.4..
the last update from Thrustmaster added new f/w for TS-XW and TX. These wheels no longer support the legacy PS3 FFB protocol. They do now support the new PC FFB protocol that surfaced at the end 2017 with GT Sport on PS4 wheels, TG-t and T300.. So they will work again on PS4 if you updated them, but can no longer work on PS3..
I made some fixes to t500 emulation for PS3 operation...

thanks a lot for your effort m8!
just like to know if you guys are working on a fix to solve the "resistance" issue on GT Sport? On ps5

Last edited:
thanks . i will try this weekend and see if it solve my problem.because i have to switch drivehub firmware depending on the game i want to play.

Last edited:
the last update from Thrustmaster added new f/w for TS-XW and TX. These wheels no longer support the legacy PS3 FFB protocol. They do now support the new PC FFB protocol that surfaced at the end 2017 with GT Sport on PS4 wheels, TG-t and T300.. So they will work again on PS4 if you updated them, but can no longer work on PS3..

Thank you very much for the effort. I have a TSXW wheel and now it already works on PS4. I wish you could create a version with a stronger FFB. I can play GTSports and F1 2020 but I don't feel much FFB.

The FFB that had the wheel with the firmware 2.0.7 before the new Thrustmaster Firmware 7 was perfect! With the new version 2.0.8 - beta 4 the FFB doesn't feel much:(

Last edited:
Another Heusinkveld/Drivehub user question?

Does the 2 pedal set, or only 2 pedals, work OK with GTS?

Anyone?

The reason I ask is that I know if I disconnect my CSL elite LC clutch GTS plays up and I get stuck in neutral, in some cars at least.
The pedals are connected via a CSW 2.5 wheel and using the LC controller, where the HE pedals would connect to th Drivehub via USB.
I don’t use a clutch so if I get a set I would prefer to just get the 2 pedal set.

Hello,

I'm new here and maybe you can provide me some insights regarding DH.

I'm using it with a T300 and G27 pedals on Xbox One X.

Last beta FW for DH and last FW for t300

It works quite well IMO but in Forza 7 i can't set more than 1 in vibration setting (and even at 1 its a bit weird). If I put more its shaking hardly.
Is it normal ?

Surprisingly vibration setting works in FH4.

Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings all. Wish I could help Frisk or Goonie, but I don't have the Thrustmaster or Heusinkveld products to answer such questions. Sorry. :(

So my bro-in-law never bothered trying to get the DriveHub working with his Xbox Series X and Fanatec parts... because I didn't have any luck getting mine into "Fanatec" mode and getting the extra switches and knobs working on the Xbox.

I however have the PS5, and using 2.07 Beta 8, F1 2019, and some combination of hooking turning on the PS5, using the buttons on the wheel to try and put the wheel into "Fanatec" mode (as opposed to Fanalogic, where the wheel looks like a Logitech G series wheel to F1 2019), plugging the pedals into the drive hub, and then opening the game... the game saw the wheel in pedals in "Fanatec" mode at least once, so I could setup the up/down switches as additional inputs in F1 2019. I use the right one for fuel mix, and the left for the diff. setting.

Since then, I updated my DriveHub to 2.08 Beta 4, bought F1 2020 on sale this morning for $15 from the PS Store, and tried getting things hooked up and working on the PS5 again in "Fanatec" mode. But try as I might, the system only sees the Fanatec gear as "Fanalogic" (aka Logitech) parts... and it won't let me configure the extra switches like F1 2019 did.

I have no idea if the latest Beta might have impacted things. If I'm using the right "buttons" to put the wheel into Fanatec mode while the pedals aren't connect, and BEFORE I open the game on my PS5 or what. As I understand it, to configure the controller for Fanatec mode, with a F1 style wheel, you hold the two bottom most buttons on the wheel for about 5 seconds. Only FREQUENTLY when I do that... 1) The system takes a screen shot, because that's what the bottom most "left" button does with that wheel, and 2) The entire wheel controller becomes "unresponsive" (aka I can't use the joystick, buttons, or anything with the console. It's like it goes into a different mode, and the system looses "sight" of the wheel... if that makes sense).

Just wondering if anyone else might have seen this issue and have a suggestion on what I need to do to "fix" it. I'm guessing just going back to 2.07 Beta 8 might be a good start, since I don't have the Thrustmaster gear, which seems to be what Podger updated it for. Does that sound best or ?

Last edited:
Well, nevermind! ;)

I went back to 2.07, using the "final" rather than Beta 8. I then tried using the wheel in my usual manner, but without holding the bottom two buttons. As a result, the wheel was in "Fanalogic" mode and as before... the switches and knobs didn't work.

So then in exactly this order... I started the PS5 from sleep mode, I plugged in my USB Hub with HyperX Cloud S headset and DriveHub plugged in. But at this point the pedals were NOT plugged into the DriveHub. I held the bottom two buttons on the F1 V2 style wheel for about 5 seconds. This both: 1) Took a screenshot, And 2) Caused the wheel to disappear and reappear to the console. At this point, I plugged the pedals into the DriveHub, launched F1 2020, and when I went into the configuration menu... the wheel was seen as a Fanatec wheel straight away, not just a Logitech like before.

I configured the right up/down switch for fuel mix, the left up/down for brake bias, and the left "knob" for differential. (I haven't noticed myself "bump" the left knob accidentally as often I do the right... so hopefully that will remain true.) I then did a bunch of failed laptops around AUS, but I did do one lap in under 1.25 with no assists but pit and corner lines. And everything feels really great with the FFB set to 70% overall, on and off track effect at about 15%, and rumble strips a little higher.

Many thanks to DriveHub for continuing to support us, and for making a product that lets me use my Fanatec gear with my PS or Xbox consoles, whether the base or the wheel are the "right model" or not!!! :D

Your wheel is licensed, it will not have issues on PS5.
@Podger, @stzzi I tried the CM Drivehub, latest firmware, licensed DD1 (into the controller port on the DH), HE Sprints on my PS5 and it all seems to work, with no disconnections etc. However I seem to be experiencing frame stuttering when playing ACC. Also I pinged CM support and asked them about connecting the DD1 direct into the controller port and they simply replied and said DD1 is not supported. Do either of you play ACC or have either of you experienced the stuttering?

Last edited:
will the drive hub be compatible with the CSL DD base? I know that there was no way to test something like that, but actually the CSL DD Base should work just like any other base, right?

@Podger as well as the Hori wired mini pad, can you confirm whether the "PS5 DONGLE FOR CRONUS ZEN" available on the Collective Minds store also works with Drive Hub for authentication?

I have a question. What would be the best converter for switching from playstation to series x?.

I have a g29 and a hori hayabusa arcade stick. I now have a xbox series x and would like to get a converter to use them on that.

So i need one that does wheels and arcade sticks but i want one that will also last if they push out an update.

Dont mind paying like 100 quid but dont see the point if xbox update their console and it stops working.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

First time poster here. I searched the forums but could'nt find anything on this.

I am trying to get my T300 RSGT + TH8A to work on the Series X (forza horizon 4). Everything exept the TH8A works. I tried connecting the TH8A to the accesory port on drivehub (PS3 mode). Doesnt work. I tried connecting the TH8A directly to the Series X. Also doesnt work.

When I connect the TH8A to the T300 directly and use PS4 mode. Then it works but I lose all FBB. Very annoying. Has anyone had similar issues? Is this fixable Thank you.

I guess you mean CSW Base V2.5?
If so, you need this.
I haven't seen anything definitive either way yet that says that the Hori pad works with PS5 games on PS5, only that it works for PS4 games on PS5... or have I missed something? I'd be interested to know if anyone has got the PS5 versions working correctly with drivehub and an unsupported wheelbase.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything definitive either way yet that says that the Hori pad works with PS5 games on PS5, only that it works for PS4 games on PS5... or have I missed something? I'd be interested to know if anyone has got the PS5 versions working correctly with drivehub and an unsupported wheelbase.

Yes, i’m afraid that won’t do it because the PS5 games require the DualSense. Think i’ll just sell the 2.5 and get the mini DD PS version when available or something compatible.

any good sites to offer the csw 2.5? Less than a year old with very little use.

Last edited:
Yes, i’m afraid that won’t do it because the PS5 games require the DualSense. Think i’ll just sell the 2.5 and get the mini DD PS version when available or something compatible.

any good sites to offer the csw 2.5? Less than a year old with very little use.

In that case, the mistake is mine, I apologize.

In that case, the mistake is mine, I apologize.
There's really no need to apologize, especially not for just trying to help. I was far from certain myself, hence me asking for clarification, and not just from you but from anyone that actually knew the answer. It is nice for us both to know now :)

Is there any way to use this device on an Xbox 360 with a more modern wheel?

Obviously it would trim down the features to the basics that machine supported but is it possible?

Is there any way to use this device on an Xbox 360 with a more modern wheel?

Obviously it would trim down the features to the basics that machine supported but is it possible?
Drive Hub is not compatible with Xbox 360, so unfortunately, no.

Last edited:
VBR
Drive Hub is not compatible with Xbox 360, so unfortunately, no.
Have you tried it on a 360?

I ask as I spoke to a seller about it and he seemed to suggest it was possible but I'd have to buy one and find out for sure as "its not officially supported but not beyond the realm of tinkering as the process is the same on all platforms". He then went on to mention how it works by bypassing the security licensing check by referring to the official controller thats plugged in and reencoding the wheel signals to the nearest common denominator they have programmed into the Drivehub.

Like I said it made sense to me but wanted to check before buying because it would be nice to have one wheel work on all machines.

I put a beta version 2.0.5-beta.1 on the server to address this issue, with switching fanatec/fanalogic or logitech/logifan, i actually came across the issue when testing the pedal swapping app.
Also, added a driver for the T-LCM pedals in USB mode.
There was also and issue disconnecting TH8a and TSS, they wouldn't always disconnect and would stop a reconnection...
Hi, sorry for dragging out this old post... I have Logitech G29 wheel and acquired a set of T-LCM pedals. I bought the Cronus Zen with intention to connect them to my ps4 but it didn't work. At the time the T-LCM was not listed as a supported device. Do I understand from your post above that the T-LCM is now supported by the Cronus Zen? So my crossover should now work (after firmware update?) G29 + T-LCM on ps4.

Hello,
I used the DriveHub on my PS4 with no issues.
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase (Xbox) and the Clubsport V3 Pedals.
Right now I´m not able to connect it to the PS5.
I´ve done everything like before with the difference that I connected the PS5 Controller.
The DriveHub seems to work and it shows the "0". But when I try to connect the wheel by pressing the Home Button nothing heppens

Back