Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,306 comments
I tried using my new Podium DD2 tonight for the first time with Drivehub. I can only get get the base detected as a G29 in GT7.

I assume my problem is being in a Logitech mode, and not Fanatec mode. How do I switch? I've got the Porsche GT3 wheel, so I'm using the Podium Button Module Endurance. I've tried pressing buttons 5 & 6, but the wheelbase only toggles between PC and PC COMP. I see nothing change on the wheel screen or on the base to indicate a Logitech or Fanatec mode.

Steps above repeated with and without the torque key inserted, if that matters.

Edit: Finally got it in Fanatec mode. I think this is how. I held down 5 & 10, but didn't see a change on the wheel display. I unplugged the Drivehub, then plugged it back in and saw F on the wheel this time and wheel appears as a DD Pro in-game now. If there is a better method for getting things set up smoothly each time, I'd appreciate the guidance.

Last edited:
I contacted the Drivehub support to asked them about Asetek Forte and invicta support.

They replied that would depend on Asetek, if they get in touch with them to do it. I don't think they will, they want their wheelbase to be natively console compatible.

Last edited:
I tried using my new Podium DD2 tonight for the first time with Drivehub. I can only get get the base detected as a G29 in GT7.

I assume my problem is being in a Logitech mode, and not Fanatec mode. How do I switch? I've got the Porsche GT3 wheel, so I'm using the Podium Button Module Endurance. I've tried pressing buttons 5 & 6, but the wheelbase only toggles between PC and PC COMP. I see nothing change on the wheel screen or on the base to indicate a Logitech or Fanatec mode.

Steps above repeated with and without the torque key inserted, if that matters.

Edit: Finally got it in Fanatec mode. I think this is how. I held down 5 & 10, but didn't see a change on the wheel display. I unplugged the Drivehub, then plugged it back in and saw F on the wheel this time and wheel appears as a DD Pro in-game now. If there is a better method for getting things set up smoothly each time, I'd appreciate the guidance.
You can switch between modes freely by holding start+select(whatever buttons those are mapped on your wheel). Hold like 3sec and you will see the wheel disconnect and then reconnect to the other mode.

Hi, I've just bought a used drivehub really cheap, I've updated it to the last beta version and it works like a charm !
I own a T300RS with T3PA and TH8A shifter and I've test it on Forza Horizon 4 and Forza 7on xbox series X, nice FFB, no issue of mapping or strange FFB / vibration/ linearity behavior, no latency, and no disconnection issues, that's a really good surprise I wasn't expecting this to work this good ! It's feeling native and as strong as the FFB on PS5

Now I can finally enjoy the whole Forza and horizons games the way it's mean to be play

If you own a THRUSTMASTER PS wheel and a xbox, this little box is a must have

EDIT : I'm actually shocked by how good the FFB is on FM7, GT7 feel lifeless in comparison

Last edited:
Hi, I've just bought a used drivehub really cheap, I've updated it to the last beta version and it works like a charm !
I own a T300RS with T3PA and TH8A shifter and I've test it on Forza Horizon 4 and Forza 7on xbox series X, nice FFB, no issue of mapping or strange FFB / vibration/ linearity behavior, no latency, and no disconnection issues, that's a really good surprise I wasn't expecting this to work this good ! It's feeling native and as strong as the FFB on PS5

Now I can finally enjoy the whole Forza and horizons games the way it's mean to be play

If you own a THRUSTMASTER PS wheel and a xbox, this little box is a must have

EDIT : I'm actually shocked by how good the FFB is on FM7, GT7 feel lifeless in comparison
My concern with buying this as that I don’t think I can update it. I have mostly Mac laptops that probably can’t install the software update client.

My concern with buying this as that I don’t think I can update it. I have mostly Mac laptops that probably can’t install the software update client.
I'm a Mac user and there is no issue at all, the software program is made for windows and Mac os, so you will be be able to update without any problem

After updating for 1.20, my drivehub+Fanatec DD1 stopped working properly. The issue is that I get terrible wheel oscillation at any FFB setting at 3 or above. From the cockpit view I can see the issue is caused by the actual wheel rotation not being aligned with the in-game wheel rotation. E.g. if I turn my wheel by 90 degrees, the in game wheel already turned by 180 degrees. This only happens when I'm actually driving. In the setting menu where you could check for pedal calibration, the wheel turning angles are actually aligned. Has anyone run into similar issue before?

After updating for 1.20, my drivehub+Fanatec DD1 stopped working properly. The issue is that I get terrible wheel oscillation at any FFB setting at 3 or above. From the cockpit view I can see the issue is caused by the actual wheel rotation not being aligned with the in-game wheel rotation. E.g. if I turn my wheel by 90 degrees, the in game wheel already turned by 180 degrees. This only happens when I'm actually driving. In the setting menu where you could check for pedal calibration, the wheel turning angles are actually aligned. Has anyone run into similar issue before?
Hi, did you update your drivehub as well ? Try the last beta version
This problem is happening on all games or only with one particular?

Hi, did you update your drivehub as well ? Try the last beta version
This problem is happening on all games or only with one particular?
Yea everything (fanatec fw, drivehub fw) is on latest versions. I later realized how dumb I was - I went into the wheelbase's tuning menu and changed settings to Fanatec recommended values. Now it works perfect again.

Hi,

Just have a new Drivehub and enjoy it on FH5 with T300 GT/TH8A/TSS(on Xbox Series X console). Although some keys from the wheel is not mapping correctly but overall the wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake works as expect.

However when I play Assetto Corsa Competizione, it seems the shifter and the handbrake are not recognized at all. There is no setting(or I haven’t found) regard the handbrake/shifter, and they also doesn’t response at all in game.

Any one can guide me how to get the setup work in ACC?

Last edited:
Hi, did you connect the shifter and accessories on the USB accessory on the drivehub ? If everything is connect directly to the wheel, yes depending the game it could not work

Hi, did you connect the shifter and accessories on the USB accessory on the drivehub ? If everything is connect directly to the wheel, yes depending the game it could not work
I have done some search and found some clues.

Firstly, yes, I have connected both the TH8A and the TSS via accessory port on drivehub.

I read somewhere that ACC doesn’t support the H shifter. So I set both TH8A and TSS to sequence mode to test. Turns out both of them work correctly in sequence mode. So my previous statement is not correct, both devices are detected correctly in ACC.

To the TH8A, as I think ACC doesn’t support H shifter, it’s fair that only sequence mode work. So to me the TH8A is OK now.
However, to the TSS, it seems that the handbrake mode is not responding, and I haven‘t found any settings related to handbrake key mapping. I think this is the only issue that prevent my rig working fully functional.

Anyone know how to make TSS handbrake mode working in ACC of Xbox console?

Last edited:
Hi, I've just make a comparaison between PCARS 2 running on PS5 and Xbox serie x (yeah in fact on xbox serie X the game is really nicer with less flickering and better resolution) with my T300RS regarding the FFB
On PS5 the FFB is really strong and powerful and on Serie X using the Drivehub, all effects are there with no lag or issues but it feel really weak compare to the PS5, I have to raise the FFB power of 20% at least to have the same level than PS5
Is it game relative or console relative or is it the Drivehub weakening the FFB ? I remember when I vas owning a old CSR elite running booth PS3 and Xbox 360, FFB was stronger on PS3 because the FFB protocol wasn't the same between the 2 platforms
I've got no issues on others games with power (FM7, Horizon)
I will run some more tests with F1 games demo available on both systems

EDIT : in fact I've made a mistake while setting the ffb, when everything is on par it's the same on booth system with Pcars or F1, I even think I prefer Xbox and drivehub fbi which is less raw and brutal than the PS5 conterpart

Last edited:
On the subject of Asetek compatibility, got in touch with drivehub support:
"Yeah if they up for it".

Talked to Asetek support:
"Why not if they aske us".

Talk to each other guys!

So i finally can use my Forte pedals with my Thustmaster TX on Series X. You need a DriveHub AND a gimx adapter. I did the adapter myself, it's fairly easy.
Flash a Logitech G27 firmware on the Gimx.
Create a G27 Config using gas and brake axes with the Fortes
Plug the TM directly on the console, the Forte pedals on a pc, the usb part of the gimx adapter on the pc.
Plug a series controller on the controler port of the drivehub, the gimx adapter on the accessories port, the drivehub to the console.
Launch gimx with the forte config.
Voilà!
Its working pretty great on ACC, I improved my best Spa time by 0.3 in a few laps!

Hello! Please answer me, can the copilot work on a PC without using the Drive Hub itself? I expected to use it as an adapter for a separate connection of the pedals and shifter from Logitech g25 to the computer, and connect the steering wheel from the same kit directly to the computer. Thanks!

Hello! Please answer me, can the copilot work on a PC without using the Drive Hub itself? I expected to use it as an adapter for a separate connection of the pedals and shifter from Logitech g25 to the computer, and connect the steering wheel from the same kit directly to the computer. Thanks!
Yes you can.
I am using the drivehub copilot to connect my g25 shifter and pedals as i have a ts pc racer base with no shifter and pedals.

Sorry I don't understand your request
If you're on PC I don't see the point of using a drivehub ?
From what I understand (which admittedly isn't much) the copilot has the necessary port for the earlier model G series peripherals that don't have a USB plug.

co-pilot-796_1024x1024.png

Edit: As he wants to use them as stand alone items it's either that or something like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164336955528 (I think).

Last edited:
Hi, On Xbox series X using a T300RS with drivehub (with the last firmware), since the last xbox system update I no longer have any FFB on FH4 or FH5, no issue on other games (PCARS 2, FH3, FM7) did you guy have the same issue ?

Has anyone tried their DriveHub with a G29 on the latest Xbox update that came out October 21? Is it working for you?

I'm using a DriveHub with a G29, TH8A shifter, and Fanatec CSL-LC pedals and up until that update, everything was brilliant. Literally the day before, everything was fine.

Since Friday, games that run natively on the XSX (e.g., not backward compatible Xbox One games) just don't have any feedback at all. There's just a little resistance on the wheel (juuust a little more than when it's turned off) but there's nothing else. Games for the Xbox One are still working 100% as expected.

Tested Working
  • GRID 2019
  • Forza Horizon 1-3 (yes, even the first one via BC)
  • Wreckfest (Enhanced Version)
  • Project Cars 3
  • Forza Motorsport 7
Tested Not Working
  • Forza Horizon 4-5
  • GRID Legends
  • Dirt 5

I've confirmed FH5 works fine with this setup on Windows (but not using the DriveHub, of course). At least that means I should be able to get the anniversary content, even though that PC can't run it nearly as well as the Xbox. 😕

I've tested the DriveHub with FW 2.0.8 and 2.0.9-beta2. Done the usual unplug/replug cycles, force-quit games to make sure they weren't quick-resumed, hard powered-off the console, rebooted the console, full disconnect on the DriveHub and wheel for a half hour, the works. I also tried swapping the auth controller from the cheap (but licensed) wired one I usually use to the one that came with the system. I have not yet tried a console refresh because that sounds like a pain to get right again afterwards.

I have a support ticket in with CM but that was Friday so it's still too soon to expect a response.

Is anyone else here having problems like this? It seems like it would've been mentioned already but I haven't seen anything. If it's unique to my console / setup, I'd love to hear some more troubleshooting suggestions.

Hi, On Xbox series X using a T300RS with drivehub (with the last firmware), since the last xbox system update I no longer have any FFB on FH4 or FH5, no issue on other games (PCARS 2, FH3, FM7) did you guy have the same issue ?
Lol we posted this at the exact same time. Dead for me too in anything meant for the XSX. Hopefully they're already looking at a solution.

I think the new Xbox update probably made some of the insider alpha ring FFB fixes live. I wonder if the protocol has changed just enough to break it.

I know something changed in the DH firmware between 2.0.8-beta4 and 2.0.8 final. When I had to switch to final to get the CSL-LC pedals working, I found that GRID Legends (one of the new problem games, too) felt like driving in wet concrete if the "tyre friction" setting was anything but 0.

Last edited:
Thank for all the informations, yes it seems so, I'm running 2.09 beta 2 on firmware and so far, I've don't have any issue, except sometime having to restart the game with some games using quick resume, well we have to wait for a fix, this is sadly not the first time microsoft mess with the FFB with their system update...

Solved it. Here is how:

Had to install the Logitech profiler as you suggest Omega. Then, open control panel, right click on G27 wheel, game controller settings. Select properties and then settings. Check the box that says "Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games." Without that box checked, no force feedback. Then, under degrees of rotation switch this to 270 since that is the correct stat for the 360 wheel. The degrees of rotation defaulted to something like 220. So when you turned the wheel too far, the computer interpreted that as turning the opposite direction.

The above paragraph is the solution for owners of the 360 wheel who want ffb with a Drivehub. Since Microsoft never developed the ffb driver this is what we must do. Though it should be noted MS promised the driver many years ago and did not deliver in this regard.

I am SUPER excited to finally get ffb on the 360 wheel and PC after all these years, hurray!
Hi moon.
Sorry for this late reply. I'm in the process of setting up a budget VR race-sim for a gaming night with friends.
Since I had an old xbox 360 wireless wheel and receiver laying around I thought this looked like the perfect solution, so I got myself a Drive Hub for $80.

No my problem is that although the steering and buttons react to presses I can't get any force feedback or have it actually change degrees of rotation from the Gaming Software 5.10. It's like the wheel is running on a separate driver that doesn't let changes in the software affect it.

Any ideas? Appreciate it!
I'm on win 10 btw and the wheel is tested fine on the 360 console

Last edited:
Has anyone tried their DriveHub with a G29 on the latest Xbox update that came out October 21? Is it working for you?

I'm using a DriveHub with a G29, TH8A shifter, and Fanatec CSL-LC pedals and up until that update, everything was brilliant. Literally the day before, everything was fine.

Since Friday, games that run natively on the XSX (e.g., not backward compatible Xbox One games) just don't have any feedback at all. There's just a little resistance on the wheel (juuust a little more than when it's turned off) but there's nothing else. Games for the Xbox One are still working 100% as expected.

Tested Working
  • GRID 2019
  • Forza Horizon 1-3 (yes, even the first one via BC)
  • Wreckfest (Enhanced Version)
  • Project Cars 3
  • Forza Motorsport 7
Tested Not Working
  • Forza Horizon 4-5
  • GRID Legends
  • Dirt 5

I've confirmed FH5 works fine with this setup on Windows (but not using the DriveHub, of course). At least that means I should be able to get the anniversary content, even though that PC can't run it nearly as well as the Xbox. 😕

I've tested the DriveHub with FW 2.0.8 and 2.0.9-beta2. Done the usual unplug/replug cycles, force-quit games to make sure they weren't quick-resumed, hard powered-off the console, rebooted the console, full disconnect on the DriveHub and wheel for a half hour, the works. I also tried swapping the auth controller from the cheap (but licensed) wired one I usually use to the one that came with the system. I have not yet tried a console refresh because that sounds like a pain to get right again afterwards.

I have a support ticket in with CM but that was Friday so it's still too soon to expect a response.

Is anyone else here having problems like this? It seems like it would've been mentioned already but I haven't seen anything. If it's unique to my console / setup, I'd love to hear some more troubleshooting suggestions.

This. I'm having the same problem, please need some help. Did Microsoft break it?

Back