Driveclub (including VR, Bikes, & DLC) will be delisted on 8/31/2019. Game servers will shut down.

Discussion in 'Driveclub' started by Chikane, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Game Director Rushy pretty much confirms that these 5 cars will be locked then.

Marc30599, Lubeify100 and skydragon49 like this.
  2. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Thank God it's gone!

But on a more serious note, it's kinda sad how a modern game can disappear from one day to another.

3. gigio79

gigio79

One of the best drivegame, it was my first game with PS4 and I have been playing for 7-8 months.

4. crooky369

crooky369

Did they ever release the free version they promised at launch? I lost interest after a while...

5. GBalao888

GBalao888

Driveclub is the closest thing to an example of Project Gotham Racing on Playstation, only that the tracks take part in mostly rural/remote areas where you have absolute freedom of driving.

6. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Yes, they did. Between July 2015 and October 2015 IIRC. It was called "PS Plus Edition".

7. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

I am going to miss racing online. The majority of close racing is pretty dirty, but that just adds a challenge.

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I put a massive amount of time into DRIVECLUB and loved every minute of it. I haven't played it in a year anyway but will certainly give online a run before it goes.

SestoScudo and Marc30599 like this.
  9. FoxMulder

FoxMulder

Good for you. I found Driveclub to be my favorite racing game this generation. It had a fun and actually challenging campaign mode, which no one seems to care about making these days, including GT Sport. Forza Horizon doesn't even require you to win a race.

Interstellar9 and ice_Blazer66 like this.
  10. ice_Blazer66

ice_Blazer66

DC has still the most impressive Weather Effects in any Racing Game. And this was released in 2014 (though it was patched later, but still)

Frizbe, Interstellar9 and Lukanyon like this.
  11. skydragon49

skydragon49

I believe it's the series of cars you unlock as your club status progresses

- VW Golf GTI
    - Bentley Continental GT V8
    - BMW M3 GTS
    - BAC MONO
    - Pagani Zonda R

Is that correct, guys?

And besides the serves going down, it makes sad that the game will be no longer available in the PS store. Damn it.

12. Ande3200

Ande3200

Gt sport does not have that great career mode i know. But if they improve on that for the next gt. It could be one of the best. Just like they was in gt4/gt5. For me the Biggest downside with driveclub its not just the physics. Its Also the thing that you can't upgrade or customize cars either.
    Gt sport is far from perfect but i feel that for me its the gretest racing game this gen. But there is no strong and big racing titles if you campare to what it was back for ps2 and ps3

13. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

Shane that Sony dumbed this IP..... Loved it....

SestoScudo and Interstellar9 like this.
  14. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Yes, it's correct!

skydragon49 likes this.
  15. skydragon49

skydragon49

Well, I'm afraid to say that with servers going off and then the online cars being out of our reach some offline events maybe impossible to complete.

Ok, it's not like someone hasn't completed everything in the offline portion by now, but for those who haven't, better check out your campaign in game.

Also, there are those who wanna get 100% completion trophy wise and those who may get super late to the party and may be unaware.

Not being able to use online cars, may turn some dlcs tours not possible to be completed 100% and as a consequence theirs respective trophies won't be within grasp.

There it goes the list:

- Unite in Speed Tour
    Event: Crazy Golf
    Car required: VW Golf GTI

- Velocity Tour
    Event: Mono a Mono
    Car required: BAC Mono

- Torque Tour
    Event: Continental Breakfast
    Car required: Bentley Continental GT V8

- Startline tour (there are no trophies attached to this tour)
    Events: Pagani Showdown
    Car required: Pagani Zonda R

- Startline tour
    Event: Startline Championship
    Car required: BAC Mono

Fabr_123 and Marc30599 like this.
  16. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Damn that's the nail in the coffin, literally :(

Someone should start a petition and send it to Sony & Rushy to unlock these cars. If they managed to came back 6 months after the studio is closed to put out the VR update + city tracks, what's so hard about rewriting a few lines of code and make these cars available offline? :grumpy:

You might still get "loaned" these cars for the one off career events, you just won't be able to use them in single player. I remember being able to drive the LaFerrari in a couple of career events despite not reaching the required level to unlock it. I'll try going offline and see if this works.

Marc30599 likes this.
  17. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

So full VR support in the next GAN tourism title then? :confused::lol:

18. Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam

Greatest racer ever, that’s me done with PlayStation when they shut the servers for good

bs6magic and justin credible like this.
  19. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

@juanffy18
    That’s right. Because EA shared the license with another company that had a Porsche Pack released as DLC. I think it was one of the Forza franchise games. Porsche went from being in a lot racing games to not being any expect the ones produced by EA. After the license ownership ended Porsche’s we’re back in rotation of racing games. A very joyous day.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  20. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

That sucks if I cant drive those 5 cars in singleplayer just because the servers shut down.

21. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Well I just tried those 5 cars offline (disconnected PS4 from internet and checked I can't access leaderboards/club page/multiplayer/challenges) and I can use them normally, both in single player and tour events. So it seems one of the latest patches in the game's dying life did unlock those cars independent of online :tup:

If someone else can also try it out to confirm that would be great.

CHEN255 and Interstellar9 like this.
  22. Ande3200

Ande3200

This is not first game this have happen in. Look at sega gt online 2004 for standard Xbox when they shut that down its online services. You could not access some cars and tuning parts and thats a shame becouse you can't use the full game pontential

23. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

I'll test it later this day. Thank you!

24. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

I gotta install driveclub to check

Update: yep it works I played offline and the Zonda R, M3 GTS and other club cars were not locked.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    CHEN255, LeGeNd-1 and Marc30599 like this.
  25. sunshine2002

sunshine2002

Please help me. Can you count how many sim racing games there are for PSVR after DC VR is gone - where you can race with more than a one opponent...

I count 0.

Interstellar9 likes this.
  26. icenl

icenl

I wonder why they shut the servers down as well? With the increased cost of Ps Plus they should be able to keep some legacy servers online?

Interstellar9 and MOPARbarrett5 like this.
  27. moparmanmike

moparmanmike

I got my platnium long ago and never really touched it again. Not that i thought it was BAD, i bought the season pass and even the vr edition happily. But it was, meh. It was very arcadey in my opinon, and the tracks were....ehh ok i guess. Overall it wasnt a terrible game, but it wasnt anything that blew you away either. And in my honest opinon, the wheel support was terrible. It felt like ass on the g29.

That being said, i bought this game with my ps4, and had 100s of hours of fun with friends. But i finally got everyone to move over to project cars, and we ran that for a long time. Still have friends that play that from time to time.

Driveclub was a gorgeous game when it came out, ill give it that. Especially coming right in at launch. But overall, that was the best thing about the game. And im honestly surprised that its taken this long to pull the plug. What with evolution goin bankrupt and shutting down, and so many other racing sims thats been released this gen (dirt rally, PC1/2, assetto corsa, GTS ect) i cant imagine that many people have been playing it for a few years. Even when we were on it daily the online was basically a ghost town. Not to mention the horrible launch that lost a ton of the playerbase right away.

That being said, if anyones down to get together and get some races in before shutdown, for old times sake, VR or standard, lets get something going

28. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Anybody who wants to drive the cars try to join a club also level up to get every car.

Dont leave any club if not the cars will be locked.

Make sure all these stuff are done before the game goes offline.

CHEN255 and LeGeNd-1 like this.
  29. skydragon49

skydragon49

Stupid question: - after the game and everything related to it, gets delisted from PSN if I had purchased it at some point in the past, will I be able to download again?

30. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows

Yes.

skydragon49 likes this.