Driveclub (including VR, Bikes, & DLC) will be delisted on 8/31/2019. Game servers will shut down.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enzo_P1_GTR
  • 100 comments
  • 28,882 views

Enzo_P1_GTR

Premium
Messages
8,384
United States
Heaven
Driveclub (including VR, Bikes, & DLC) will be delisted on August 31, 2019. Game servers will shut down on March 31, 2020

enjoy it online while you can :crazy:

Wonder what will happen to those online only cars?

Source
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Full Press
Online servers for DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR and DRIVECLUB Bikes will shut down on 31st March 2020, 23:59 BST. All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in single player offline modes. However, the games have significant amounts of online gameplay, so from 31st March 2020, functionality will be affected in the following ways:

You will not be able to:

  • Use your season pass online.
  • Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
  • Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
  • Create your own events.
  • Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
You will be able to:

  • Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
  • Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
  • Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.
PlayStation will cease selling DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR, DRIVECLUB Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from 31st August 2019, at 23:59 BST.
 
Last edited:
That’s what concerns me — the online only cars. I really wish that some Sony employee out there has the source code and will permanently unlock those cars for all players.
 
A year from now, the clock's ticking... Sad day for the PS4's best racer, but I guess it's inevitable due to licenses expiring etc.

I don't race much online but yes I do worry about the 4 club exclusive cars. If someone at Sony is reading this, please please try and get anyone from Evo/Codies to come back and flip a switch to make those cars available offline. I'm sure it's easier said than done but it will be much appreciated by those of us still enjoying this masterpiece :nervous:

On a related note, this is why I hate the shift to cloud gaming & always online (*cough*Google Stadia*cough*). Everything is just temporary and there is no sense of preservation.
 
Last edited:
I don't really play Driveclub much and i've only played a few online races because not a lot of people are playing it either. Maybe now there'll be more players making the most of it before the servers close.
 
Wonder what will happen to those online only cars?
Judging from Evolution Studios' previous works (notably MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and Apocalypse), those online-only cars are probably gonna be locked up forever. Pacific Rift had several cars that can only be unlocked via an online achievement, and you can only unlock new cars/parts in Apocalypse by ranking up online.
 
Dan
That’s what concerns me — the online only cars. I really wish that some Sony employee out there has the source code and will permanently unlock those cars for all players.

What are the online-only cars? I've never had the complete game and I want to pick it up.
 
Never went online with DC, I did see some video on YouTube & it looked atrocious, so never bothered. The game was fun for 5 minutes, I didn't get into it that much though.
 
I could understand closing the servers when the PS5 is out for a while, but it's unacceptable for first party games released this generation. Asking money to play online and then shutting the servers, what a joke
 
ss3
I really like how there are a lot of cars in Drive club that’s arent in any other good racing games: Mazanti Evantra, Savage Rivale, Icona Vulcano, etc. hopefully a driveclub 2??
They were very creative with the car list, imo it's one of its greatest strengths.
 
ss3
hopefully a driveclub 2??
Sony has no studios available for racing games. PD is obviously making Gran Turismo 7 or Sport 2.0, while X-Dev Europe is most likely sticking with Wipeout.
 
Blows, really sours me on Sony.

There's no need to shut down servers especially when you charge for online play. Let people play old games if they want.

It's my favorite racing game this generation. The solo campaign was fun and challenging going for all the medals and platinum trophy. Real shame we never got a sequel or even PS Pro patch. No PS4 Motorstorm either.
 
They were very creative with the car list, imo it's one of its greatest strengths.
Great game, but I disagree, the car list was ass. Like, there were no non-European cars in the game at launch. It's only good with DLC.
 
Great game, but I disagree, the car list was ass. Like, there were no non-European cars in the game at launch. It's only good with DLC.
There was a Hennessey Venom GT :lol:
Yeah I got your point. DLC made the car list 10× better than at launch. :)👍
 
DriveClub Bikes was also very under rated. I'm a car guy and never got into any bike games aside from this, and Tourist Trophy.
 
Looks like I'm gonna need to get the rest of the tour packs that I didn't buy. Season Pass is 12.99 so I'll go ahead and get that,
 
I love this game! I have the regular version and VR version. Using a full wheel setup with VR makes the game so much more immersive and more fun. You know the only issues I have the game is there weren’t any real licensed tracks. Those would’ve made the game a little better. I also didn’t like that there weren’t any Porsche’s in the game. But other than that no big complaints. The car models were beautiful, the driver animations look great. The weather is also looked great. Love this game!
 
I love this game! I have the regular version and VR version. Using a full wheel setup with VR makes the game so much more immersive and more fun. You know the only issues I have the game is there weren’t any real licensed tracks. Those would’ve made the game a little better. I also didn’t like that there weren’t any Porsche’s in the game. But other than that no big complaints. The car models were beautiful, the driver animations look great. The weather is also looked great. Love this game!
In an interview someone answered why they don't created real circuits for the game. About Porsche, around those days EA had the license.
 
Online barely gets filled up nowadays still such a shame to see it go like this
 
I am not bothered with this. I never got in to this game. The game feel to Much arcade for My liking. Their is no car tuning witch is strange for an arcade game. Gran turismo sport is a way better racing game. Even gt sport is lacking cars it still has more than drivclub.if we get a gt7 with 500-600 cars it will set the benchmark for racing games on ps5. Driveclub was never the racing game for me worth to get a ps4 for. I was waiting for an gran turismo game becouse that is what i wanted.
 
Bump
 
Last edited:
Back