Driveclub is the Most-Played PS4 Driving Title with Estimated 10.5 Million Players

Discussion in 'Driveclub' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

GT5/6 servers were shutdown because Kaz doesn't want to expand the space used by his wine collection (see 1:21 below) ;)

Seriously though, considering how little people go on DC online, I wonder how many cents they save a day by shutting down the servers. The leaderboards take up space but even that is probably not a huge amount since it's basically just text and numbers data. Even Burnout Paradise on PS3 still has their servers up last I checked and that has a remaster released on current gen consoles (and this is EA we are talking about).

2. Bush_Killa-73

Bush_Killa-73

What pissed me off was how much good will and patience Sony showed towards GT/Polyphony but because Driveclub had a rocky start it was like one strike and you're out. We've got Gran Turismo and dont even need you attitude.

The way Evolution turned it around was extraordinary. They knocked it out the park with Driveclub in the end and got no thanks for it.

How could they stop the possibility of another Motorstorm? An iconic launch title for PS3. A Driveclub 2 would have been a potential system seller on PS5 given what they squeezed out a PS4.

I'll never forgive Sony for that one. Can't defend any of that business. Disgraceful business sense and complete failure to recognise obvious & in fact almost fully realised potential.

For the players my ar**hole!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    LeGeNd-1, dozer76, Pearl Jam and 2 others like this.
  3. justin credible

justin credible

I have been the first to moan about somethings on Driveclub, usually the things I hate "drifting" which I have to do to get stars etc.
    But all in all I will say now Driveclub is the best racing game ever for me and what makes it great for me is Sprints I love the global competition I love the weather change when I want it I love the fact I can vs my son and look forward to our times to see who has beaten who (he lives miles away) and trying again to better ourselves.
    When my son isn't online I can compete globally and have managed quite a few global number 1s. would be a lot more if that Tnan person wasn't so good but fair play to them that's what makes the game great the challenge of other people.
    For me Driveclub wipes the floor with GT Sport and the manufacturers could learn a great deal from it when producing future games.
    I will be gutted when the servers go off to say the least.

Bush_Killa-73 likes this.
  4. Bush_Killa-73

Bush_Killa-73

I'm in almost the same boat. I take turns with a pal using my wheel trying to beat each other's times and very importantly seeing how we fare against the rest of the world on the leaderboards. Switching off the servers will likely absolutely kill the game for us. Nothing else has came close to it in regards to it's appeal.

That they'd switch off the servers in a game still so widely played especially when the game was sold with such an online focus is an absolute outrage in my opinion.

I actually tweeted 3 separate Sony accounts to ask about a refund because of this. Not that I expect an answer from any of the c**ts!!

justin credible likes this.