Driveclub Photo Thread *Read OP*

• Thread starter Earth
  • 8,072 comments
No problem MeanElf, Did a test on two my images and found out one is 809x458 and the other is 811x454, I use postimg org, how would i go on making sure the image is exactly 800x
Cheers. Direct uploading and posting here is automatically set to 800px but for me it won't let me post more than one at a time - but that could be down to me using IE instead of Chrome or Firefox.

As for posting from external sites, I'm not familiar with postimg.org but they usualyl give options and a list of URLs that relate to image sizes for when you want to share elsewhere (as folks post to FB Twitter, forum posts, as thumbnails etc) and one of them should be around 800px width. Have a tinker around when you get a link. Flickr offers a drop-down box with the various size options - maybe your hosting site does too.

TESTING :lol: ok i got it now 800x450 :D
DRIVECLUB™_20160721064232.png

Spot on! Sorry, I was in the process of trying to get a clear answer for you, but yeah, direct uploading is to GTP - when you are creating a post, the middle button should say 'Upload a file' that's the one that allows you to upload to GTP directly from your PC etc.

You seem to have found the correct size 👍

@Chikane

I found this I put in the other 'Crew' thread which might help, even your uploaded 800 px ones seem to take ages to load, are they large .png files?

I posted this on the other thread and put it in here to help out any one unsure of how to post 👍

"1. You can 'upload a file' direct from PC/USB in .jpeg or .png format any massive size and this GTP thread will automatically upload and resize to the exact 800x450 for you. (no link involved).

2. If you are on a hosting site i.e Flickr, the best way is to upload direct there then use 'share bb code' click the drop down box to Medium (800x450) this will resize for you then click the paperclick link (on your post) and paste the flickr code in and all done.

3. You can use 1. (above) and paste the big size link in the bb code editor by going in to more options on the post you are on if you want sharper detail on the pic but it takes so much longer. (as you have to upload twice -here and host site)

4. Let us know how you plan to do it and I am sure we can help!..👍 but pretty much now you don't have to get involved in any resizing as the sites do it all for you.

p.s don't be scared off all here to help, if you did post large it is easily sorted/edited...same with all new posters just ask if you think it is too large for help as we all went through this a few months ago when it was being discussed by the mods etc :cheers: "

My best suggestion and the easiest way if you are struggling is just add one little link at the bottom of your pics to the album i.e All full size pics click here ...imgur (link) or on your signature (profile) add a link to all your photos like I, @MeanElf and a few others have done as you post regular people will find them if they want to see the full size 👍 Keep the pics coming :gtpflag:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JUdAbY]DRIVECLUB™_20160804201844 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/KHY6ie]DRIVECLUB™_20160804202728 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/KFtZBd]DRIVECLUB™_20160804202613 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/JUrKJD]DRIVECLUB™_20160804201555 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/JUrKn6]DRIVECLUB™_20160804202432 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KHY5vc]DRIVECLUB™_20160804201236 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Ok guys i upload all my driveclub pictures into a gallery :) link in signature, also realized that i have now taking over 730 DC pictures :gtpflag:
You are lucky that you got to uploading early enough - when I had to, I think I had around 8,000 ;) and it took all week.

I'd say that one of those URL options on your Postimg page screen shot will give you the link to the image size you want. It looks to be the same system as used on imgur. I don't think I have my imgur account any more, so I can't swiftly jump on there to see how it all went again. You could give them all a go by posting a few up, checking after posting and editing the next ones in over the first if the sizes don't match - one of them has to be the right one :)

Above all, don't get stressed by it - as I said, the GTP mods aren't being so strict about it that you'd get into trouble or anything.

You are lucky that you got to uploading early enough - when I had to, I think I had around 8,000 ;) and it took all week.

I'd say that one of those URL options on your Postimg page screen shot will give you the link to the image size you want. It looks to be the same system as used on imgur. I don't think I have my imgur account any more, so I can't swiftly jump on there to see how it all went again. You could give them all a go by posting a few up, checking after posting and editing the next ones in over the first if the sizes don't match - one of them has to be the right one :)

Above all, don't get stressed by it - as I said, the GTP mods aren't being so strict about it that you'd get into trouble or anything.

:bowdown:

And I have hit nearly 14,000 virtual photos (of all games not just DC) just on PS4 &GT6 (PS3)! Most have been uploaded, very addictive, it is turning in to a hobby just organising and posting them:ill: I really have to slow down soon as so busy at the moment, but I have been saying that all year and one hour on PS4 and another 5-10 photos and only 5 mins of driving later! 👍 I think like most of us prefer the photos to the driving in the end after a while. I am so glad they have started to put these great photomodes in all the new releases its adds so much extra value/pleasure to game and longevity. It is like a dream come true for me as I have always just taken screen grabs of what I like now this gives me a free camera..Awesome times ahead :bowdown::gtpflag:

Back