• Thread starter Earth
  • 8,072 comments
driveclub201411272313v3kxb.jpg
driveclub201411272318nsjh6.jpg
driveclub201411252228twix6.jpg
driveclub201411252202qlekk.jpg
driveclub2014112522135jitt.jpg
driveclub201411252224dsdwt.jpg

Ey mate, I think it is. Had a lot of fun in solo mode and I personally like the handling, even with the pad. Unfortunately playing online sucks tho, since you cant have private lobbies and therefor you re constantly thrown in with random crashkids. But you know what? Imho its worth playing for the absolutely astonishing visuals alone... To elegantly throw the curveball back to the thread topic. :D

Thanks mate, maybe just give it a try for hot lapping, are the leaderboards true? no doubt visual wise it looks stunning :cheers:

IS THIS GUY MAD?
You can almost hear him screaming 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!' :lol:

And if you think that was close...

DRIVECLUB™_20141202113035.jpg

Or maybe sandwiched in a three abreast dash...
DRIVECLUB™_20141202113515.jpg

Both were generally intense races 👍

I really hope the replays are saveable soon though, as I'm having to restart so many races after taking action photos and ending up piling into a wall or other car when I resume the race...

I know this is a right noobie question, but what is the best way to get the action pics?

Do you have to just press photomode when in an event? What about looking at a shared video (I haven't tried this yet), can you pause them into photomode as well?

Not having a replay option at the end of the event is a bit of a pain to say the least.

I know this is a right noobie question, but what is the best way to get the action pics?

Do you have to just press photomode when in an event? What about looking at a shared video (I haven't tried this yet), can you pause them into photomode as well?

Not having a replay option at the end of the event is a bit of a pain to say the least.
You can certainly pause saved replays, but the compression that happens when saving the file tends to take even more from the image when you do that again from an already compressed image. Straight-up using the share button, whilst not ideal for image quality, is at present the best.

So, it is a pain alright, but replays are still coming and I just know I'm going to be doing it all over again when that does.

In the meantime, it's probably best to run a race several times, and even then it'll be a big portion of luck and after a while, experience will help you sense when something is about to happen. Replays will be bliss by comparison.

I ran several of the earlier races ten or so times each yesterday, just to catch a couple of snaps. Especially if you want an undamaged car, it'll take longer...sorry. I still had fun doing so, but photomode and racing are two different mind-sets.

These are all examples from a TT I did six or eight times today. I know TTs are easier as there are less random parameters, but they sort of serve a point.

The last one was pure luck of the pause...
DRIVECLUB™_20141204095757.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141204095853.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141204100032.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141204102213.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @MeanElf

As I've just got the game (and PS4) I'll be running races and TTs then for a bit before I can be bothered doing them several times to get a potential photo op.

The aurora pics looks great though.

Back