Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
The cars, just the cars. The environments are pretty poor in GT5 and these look better (pretty much any PS3 NFS/Cody title already looks better in that dept).
GT5 cars are not modelled on inside wheels. They used a black texture. Maybe you mean you like PD shaders, I can agree. But if we talk about 3d modelling, pCars, Assetto Corsa and Driveclub are superior because they model the whole car.

As soon as this game came on the livestream, my Twitter feed lit up with people saying stuff like:

"**** DIS GAEM, I WNT GT6 NAO"
"ANOTHER NFS PILE OF ****"
"JUST ANOTHER GENERIC RACING GAME!"

I think it's only fair to give it a chance. I personally think it looks quite good.

Hopefully this game can take away some of the "cruise free 420" lobby players from GT5 and 6.

Hennessey venom gt
Koenigsegg agera r
Maseratti gran turismo
Bmw (3 series?)
Porsche carrera gt
Pagani huayra
BAC mono

Thats every car in the trailer, that i could see

Last edited:
It looks good

To be called driveclub, I think it will be more than just track racing, I'm hoping.

And I doubt they would do arcade physics looking at what they have to work with!!

Not sure if porsche is in it. I know for sure RUF is tho, I saw the logo when they showed all the brands.

Yeah, I saw that too, I think they will only have RUF, and not Porsche.

As for the team based aspect of the game, I hope they do realize we will need some way of identifying different clubs. If Im in a race how do I identify the different drivers of different clubs? What if Im watching a replay or viewing a photo, how do I know which car/driver combo belongs to which club?

Maybe custom decals or even a livery editor could help

As someone has pointed out, if this is an online, social ONLY game, I'm going to settle my interest for this game. It has to have a single-player career.

860375_10151456884291670_754466789_o.jpg

Here You go

That AMG reminds me of the PS3 boomerang controller for some reason.

It looks good but one thing I noticed in the gameplay video with the Koenigsegg is that he doesn't actually shift the car. Just like in Forza & Driver San Francisco. He makes a motion with his hand, but the paddle never moves. The only games where I have noticed that they actually shift is GT5 & TDU2.

I think it looks really good, it's going to be similar to Forza Horizon but hopefully a lot better.

Every track will be available in any time of day, in any weather, and any time of year

PD should take notes

It won't be a day 1 for me, maybe pick it up secondhand. It didn't stand out as a great game, plus the concept doesn't float my boat.

List of cars from trailer and gameplay
Aston Martin Vanquish
BAC Mono
BMW M3 GTS [E92]
BMW M5 [F10]
Hennessey Venom GT
Koenigsegg Agera R
Maserati GranТurismo MC Stradale
Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
Pagani Huayra
RUF CTR3 Clubsport
Marussia B2
Bentley

:bowdown:

Still holding out for a full-scale MotorStorm. My reasoning? Remember the job description Evo sent out last year. That specifically said that applicants needed experience in things like ragdoll physics and terrain deformation, things I highly doubt to be in DriveClub ;)

Back on topic... :lol:

I'll probably get this, Evo knows how to make fun racers.

Last edited:
I find this car absolutely hideous.

Merc got the style nailed a few years ago (around 2008) and everything in the range looked amazing, now its gone all bonkers and curvy which a Merc should definitely not be :yuck: The new A-Class rear looks like a DS3 with a different badge.

Funny how people say that it doesn't look much better than pCARS, while all the gorgeous pCARS shots from the PC version are technically a generation ahead of the PS3, just like this, crazy expectations everywhere. I think it looks fantastic for a first generation game of a console that launches in 9-10 months. Looks like the NfS of my dreams, no boost, no gangster crap.

This game doesn't appeal to me. It just looks far too Arcade for my liking. I most likely won't be buying this unless there's some sort of amazing reveal of new footage which shows otherwise.

👎

This game doesn't appeal to me. It just looks far too Arcade for my liking. I most likely won't be buying this unless there's some sort of amazing reveal of new footage which shows otherwise.

👎

Wow, you're not one to make a quick decision are you?

I also don't understand the hate for Arcade Racers, not everything can and should be a sim. I just really hope they won't add any boost crap.

Funny how people say that it doesn't look much better than pCARS, while all the gorgeous pCARS shots from the PC version are technically a generation ahead of the PS3, just like this, crazy expectations everywhere. I think it looks fantastic for a first generation game of a console that launches in 9-10 months. Looks like the NfS of my dreams, no boost, no gangster crap.

Yeah this looks like the NFS of my dreams as well, very similar to what NFS games were on the PS1

Closed courses from all around the world. All of which are raceable at any time of day and with any weather. Deep online modes. The greatest supercars. No fast & furious cars in sight. Im going to support this as much as I can. Definitely a Day 1 buy for me.

Back