Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Wow, you're not one to make a quick decision are you?

I'm basing my decision from what I've seen, and in my opinion, it doesn't look like it'll be my type of game. Like I said, I'll wait and see when more is revealed about the game.

I also don't understand the hate for Arcade Racers, not everything can and should be a sim. I just really hope they won't add any boost crap.

I don't hate Arcade style racing games. I just don't enjoy them, that's all. 👍

I know I posted this elsewhere, but found this thread right after.

I always find very funny how Sony totally forgets about one of their biggest selling exclusive franchises.

Now, the concept of a "drive club" exclusive game is very interesting:
- Is PD involved in it (employees, joint venture, sharing content, programs and knowledge)?
- Why show a PD/GT rival project on their main presentation in years? It truly is the same concept by another company, being an exclusive as well.
- Are former PD employees working on Evolution Studios?
- In the end what I want to ask is, Is Sony going away from PD?

Obviously competition is always nice. Thing is it is weird having it promoted by a company that sells exclusives (Sony).

Funny how people say that it doesn't look much better than pCARS, while all the gorgeous pCARS shots from the PC version are technically a generation ahead of the PS3, just like this, crazy expectations everywhere. I think it looks fantastic for a first generation game of a console that launches in 9-10 months. Looks like the NfS of my dreams, no boost, no gangster crap.

You mean the edited ("optimized") pictures of a pc game running on settings no one is going ever to use in the next 5 years because it is way too taxing to begin with (5fps)?

Don't compare apples with oranges. Lets see first how the ps3 version of pcars will be.

Last edited:
- Is PD involved in it (employees, joint venture, sharing content, programs and knowledge)?
They said they have people on board who worked on GT.
The director of Tourist Trophy is definitely working on it.

- Why show a PD/GT rival project on their main presentation in years? It truly is the same concept by another company, being an exclusive as well.
It's not the same concept, PGR and Forza can also live on the same platform.
- Are former PD employees working on Evolution Studios?
See above.

I don't know why you think Sony forgot Gran Turismo.
They wanted to show some new stuff to present the console, GT will have enough room at E³. Yamauchi was actually featured in one of the promotional videos.

I honestly don't think that GT and Drive Club are meant to rival, from what I've seen of Drive Club it's a game similar to Forza Horizon, I don't think it's meant to be a simulator.

You mean the edited ("optimized") pictures of a pc game running on settings no one is going ever to use in the next 5 years because it is way too taxing to begin with (5fps)?
I don'T quite understand what you mean.
Don't compare apples with oranges. Lets see first how the ps3 version of pcars will be.
It will look good, but it will be far from the PC version and only 720p30.
They already showed pictures of the console version and I seriously don't want to play it that way.

Looks like a game to finally fill the void left by PGR.👍

As for the physics thing, I like arcade physics but not a fan of the more recent games as I like racing not trying to avoid traffic faster than the other guy.

Avoiding traffic can keep you alive and on course - especially while racing, Justin. :)

This announcement blows me away. One has to remember that the entire market of drivers out there are not hardcore GT tuners. There has obviously been a lot of market research and prosuming to this. This is possibly what Kaz meant by 'human drama'. PD seems to be taking a back seat - as far as their image is concerned - yet is involved heavily in various ways behind the scenes.

This actually doesn't bode well for the popularity of the driving experience that Gran Turismo brought to the masses; here is a serving of social networking behind the wheel.
Now you can drive and text. ;) Drive Club will be the next social net-racing phenomenon - and you will have to buy the PS4 to appreciate it. Or be left out of the gaming version of Twitter, FB and TDU combined - with a smattering of other hard-core racing games factored in to please the pedal-pushers.

I'm very excited about this game and this is my version of the trailer which includes all known footage of the game.
Please watch, like, share, favorite 👍

Last edited:
@jBhIpS That's a beautifully well made trailer you've done there, triple 👍👍👍 for you. :)

I just got even more hyped for Drive Club by watching it, loved the music you chose too. I can't wait! Looks so PGR like haha. :D

This actually doesn't bode well for the popularity of the driving experience that Gran Turismo brought to the masses; here is a serving of social networking behind the wheel.
Now you can drive and text. ;)

That sounds a bit dangerous. :dopey:

Still not sold on the club thing,seems if I have a bad internet connection Won't get alot out of it.

Still not sold on the club thing,seems if I have a bad internet connection Won't get alot out of it.

Most games work fine with our kind of internet connection (slow), GT5 is the problem and I think because it has a different kind of online, P2P? I don't know. I hope this works fine

With so little known about the club racing aspect of this, it's difficult to know if I can allow myself to get excited.

Seems like a lot of work to co-ordinate a group of like-minded friends just to play a game - or can teams consist of one racer? :)

Most games work fine with our kind of internet connection (slow), GT5 is the problem and I think because it has a different kind of online, P2P? I don't know. I hope this works fine

Yes GT5 uses P2P, which means that if you create a lobby or an event, you are the host...like your PS3 is the "server" and the people who enter in it will have different ping and stuff like that. (it doesn´t work as bad as I described)

So when you are the host the game will run good for you but the other cars or players with different and horrible pings because they don´t live close to your location...This is what creates that horrible effects in which cars are moving everywhere in your screen all the time. But you are fine, driving okay in your proper line.

It is not explained in a more technical and accurate way ...but it is more or less how it works.

We should expect to have servers in GT6 or a different way. Also this will be better for collisions and get rid of the "ghost" thing...which I really don´t like.

This is why I've never bought Forza 3 or 4 at full price with a chunk of the game you need to pay for XBLive to access. I already paid for the game, now I have to pay more to buy a paint job?

As long as its free a bad connection is better than being shut out for not paying to use internet that you already paid for in a game that you already paid for...

The GT references need to stop, really. We have little to go by and GT never crossed my mind the whole time the game was revealed. I was happy to see a new Sony racing IP. It can't possibly drive worse than TDU2.

Edit: The GT comparison picture. The Photomode only has one car model and post processed lighting in a still photo , a model not used in the in race. DC has fully modeled cars in the race on top of being true 1080p in motion.

Yes GT5 uses P2P, which means that if you create a lobby or an event, you are the host...like your PS3 is the "server" and the people who enter in it will have different ping and stuff like that. (it doesn´t work as bad as I described)

So when you are the host the game will run good for you but the other cars or players with different and horrible pings because they don´t live close to your location...This is what creates that horrible effects in which cars are moving everywhere in your screen all the time. But you are fine, driving okay in your proper line.

It is not explained in a more technical and accurate way ...but it is more or less how it works.

We should expect to have servers in GT6 or a different way. Also this will be better for collisions and get rid of the "ghost" thing...which I really don´t like.

Thanks for the explanation 👍 Yah I really hope GT6 uses servers, and Driveclub too.

This is why I've never bought Forza 3 or 4 at full price with a chunk of the game you need to pay for XBLive to access. I already paid for the game, now I have to pay more to buy a paint job?

As long as its free a bad connection is better than being shut out for not paying to use internet that you already paid for in a game that you already paid for...

The GT references need to stop, really. We have little to go by and GT never crossed my mind the whole time the game was revealed. I was happy to see a new Sony racing IP. It can't possibly drive worse than TDU2.

Edit: The GT comparison picture. The Photomode only has one car model and post processed lighting in a still photo , a model not used in the in race. DC has fully modeled cars in the race on top of being true 1080p in motion.

No idea why GT gets mentioned in this thread,different game entirely

No idea why GT gets mentioned in this thread,different game entirely

Both are exclusives, it's ok to talk about it, but say this is bad because GT5 is good is pointless, you are right they are both very different. But again we don't know exactly if this is going to an arcade or sim, time will tell

True but even if it is a simcade game (highly unlikely) it will be like comparing Horizon or PGR to Forza.

Back