Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Does anyone know if the Unbeatable trophy fix works retro-actively?
Someone mentioned on FB that they logged in and it popped up.

EDIT: Looks like it was the Contender one he got...sorry. Hopefully both should appear though.

I've just booted the game and got the contender trophy lol

Last edited:
Did you not notice the butterflies before? They're everywhere, well, maybe not Chile or Norway, but Scotland, Canada, Japan and India. There do seem to more of them on the new track though.

The cars will be available next week.

Nope, guess I need stronger glasses now! :D Maybe Evo is squeezing more power out of the PS4 now for all we know.

The season pass I'll acquire when Project CARS will stop making me broke.

Maybe this is true or it's just me but I've noticed there's been some tweaks to the game's physics. The cars now feel less stiff and a bit more fluid. Or maybe I've gotten used to the them now

Nope, guess I need stronger glasses now! :D Maybe Evo is squeezing more power out of the PS4 now for all we know.

The season pass I'll acquire when Project CARS will stop making me broke.

Maybe this is true or it's just me but I've noticed there's been some tweaks to the game's physics. The cars now feel less stiff and a bit more fluid. Or maybe I've gotten used to the them now
There have bee a few, minor tweaks alright, not just to the off-track zones, though there is also something to be said about getting more used to the game too. I shouldn't worry about your eyesight though, probably concentrating on going too fast and therefore the butterflies would become almost invisible.

Funny though that you should suggest Evolution are squeezing more out of the game visually, as one conspiracy troll on their FB page reckons the opposite :lol: He even went as far as suggesting that the butterflies had been removed, lightning become less defined and a whole slew of other nonsense had been cut back on in the game to make the servers work...

I like the way you can now choose the colour/livery of your car quickly before the race starts and having the option of the rev counter on the screen in cockpit view too. It doesn't make it look as 'real' looking but handy to quickly check gears on a fast battle to win! Well done Evo for the quick update and response from feedback 👍(if you ever read this thread):boggled:

Good god, Kobago is fun as hell, both normal and reverse! Tackled the normal layout in the Bentley, then reverse with the Caterham R500 and the insane grin never left my face. Cant wait to hoon the F-Type round that mother...
The Caterham superlight was my choice and it just tucks into those tight corners :) You're right, it makes it all a lot of fun.

New track is great, as are the new factory color options. Great that we can now use the factory color option in the garage photomode. Can't wait to drive the F50 and Viper next week.

So, I'm an accolade level away from a platinum and it got me wondering...this platinum is a bit easy all things considered. That being said, developers don't really see the potential to make a great trophy set. WipEout HD is right up there as one of the most valuable platinums on PSN because its so challenging. Wish more games aimed in that manner rather than 'time spent'.

I tried the new track with the cars I think was very nice to drive and surprisely the bac mono was the nicest one i drove around there and the fastest car too with a lap time of 1:40.0.

Last edited:
Oh my god, you have no idea how welcome the new factory colours thing is. At least i assume its new! I never noticed it before, but as a photographer its just brilliant!

Just a question, how is Driveclub to play? Thinking of getting a PS4 for it and GT7 (when it comes out).
I thought it was AWFUL at first, Really enjoying it now! Defo a grower! I think the best lighting in any game helps it alot it's just looks incredible! Must of put around 25 hours into it now and my jaw still drops at the graphics.

They should put the definition 'grower' in the dictionary with a picture of Driveclub. I, too, was underwhelmed at first but it's a fantastic game in my eyes. Although, the reason it's a grower is because it does suffer from a lack of identity in my opinion. It's as basic as a racing game comes. :lol:

They should put the definition 'grower' in the dictionary with a picture of Driveclub.
Like it.
Just a question, how is Driveclub to play? Thinking of getting a PS4 for it and GT7 (when it comes out).
As much as I love the game, I'm wary of recommending it for someone who has yet to buy a PS4. I mean, it's a pretty subjective, multi-layered choice thing as a whole; the list of yes/no aspects about DC came out very much in favour of the game for me, but I'd feel absolutely terrible if someone listened to my advice and then didn't like it after getting the console as well.

If you were getting the console for more than just GT7 then I'd be happier in saying, go for it, the game is relatively inexpensive now, DLC season pass is cheap as chips; so, unless you are a relentless sim-head, you will quite likely enjoy it. On the other hand, there are plenty on people who apparently did get the PS4 for this, and have been pretty happy.

Well I got my PS4 for Driveclub, the still to come No Mans Sky and probably Project Cars as well as the inevitable GT7 and I'm not sorry at all.

The only thing I would say is that coming from GT6 I've found Driveclub a lot harder to get to grips with. You're straight in with some very fast cars and hard tracks, there's no gentle learning as with GT.

Well I got my PS4 for Driveclub, the still to come No Mans Sky and probably Project Cars as well as the inevitable GT7 and I'm not sorry at all.

The only thing I would say is that coming from GT6 I've found Driveclub a lot harder to get to grips with. You're straight in with some very fast cars and hard tracks, there's no gentle learning as with GT.
Its not even that, its just the cars don't feel nearly as fair as GT6's. Because of the FOV, you feel very different driving these cars.

Like it.

As much as I love the game, I'm wary of recommending it for someone who has yet to buy a PS4. I mean, it's a pretty subjective, multi-layered choice thing as a whole; the list of yes/no aspects about DC came out very much in favour of the game for me, but I'd feel absolutely terrible if someone listened to my advice and then didn't like it after getting the console as well.
Exactly my point! I've had a few friends ask me if they should buy it(when they already have a PS4) and I'm even skeptical about that because I've not played a game as divisive as this in a long while. It really is all about taste.

Not to start a gamer war or anything, but I've never enjoyed the Forza Horizon series' even though people seem to talk it up something awful. There's nothing compelling about that game to me personally. But, if someone, not totally invested in racing were to ask me which of the games is better for them I'd almost always suggest Horizon since it seems more 'welcoming' to those not in love with car/racing games.

Exactly my point! I've had a few friends ask me if they should buy it(when they already have a PS4) and I'm even skeptical about that because I've not played a game as divisive as this in a long while. It really is all about taste.

Not to start a gamer war or anything, but I've never enjoyed the Forza Horizon series' even though people seem to talk it up something awful. There's nothing compelling about that game to me personally. But, if someone, not totally invested in racing were to ask me which of the games is better for them I'd almost always suggest Horizon since it seems more 'welcoming' to those not in love with car/racing games.

Tell you what...If DC had the physics of Horizon 2 it would be the most amazing game, Would be an instant classic. Up there with PGR.

Not sure i agree about being more welcoming to those not in love with car games, DC is incredibly easy to play compared to Horizon 2 and if you go on Neogaf it's full of folk that dont like racing games but love DC. Horizon is very much simcade compared to DC all out arcade.

Tell you what...If DC had the physics of Horizon 2 it would be the most amazing game, Would be an instant classic. Up there with PGR.

Not sure i agree about being more welcoming to those not in love with car games, DC is incredibly easy to play compared to Horizon 2 and if you go on Neogaf it's full of folk that dont like racing games but love DC. Horizon is very much simcade compared to DC all out arcade.
Neogaf are notorious bias to Sony are they not though? Wouldn't be a surprise to see them talking up Driveclub without a basis.

Neogaf are notorious bias to Sony are they not though? Wouldn't be a surprise to see them talking up Driveclub without a basis.
This is true. However after hammering both of them DC is much easier than Horizon 2 driving wise, No need for casuals to slow down in DC.

Last edited:

You actually start off with the hot-hatches and then you ease into the much faster and aggressive cars as you go along, I still struggle with the Hyper-cars as it is now XD

You actually start off with the hot-hatches and then you ease into the much faster and aggressive cars as you go along, I still struggle with the Hyper-cars as it is now XD

Must just be my driving then!:banghead:

I for one welcome the reduction in stars needed to get to the next stage in the tours.

Right, thank you all. I should probably try a in-store demo of Driveclub to get a feel for the physics and then go from there. I currently have Horizon 2 and don't find it particularly fun (open world racers aren't my thing it seems), so I thought Driveclub might be a way to go for me.

Back