Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
So out of curiosity, I just checked the overall leaderboard in the game, and the top player has more than 70 billion fame! How is that even possible? It's more than twice that of the 2nd player on the list. I'm unsure as to whether that is dedication or pure insanity.

I'm currently 5700 on the leaderboard, and I'd like to break back into the top 5000, but I just don't see myself playing the game that much. Nice to see that so many people are still actively playing the game though.
That person, or as has been suggested, a co-operative (not sure how that works) has held top spot for most of the game's life. Evo were asked about its legitimacy on FB back when they were still Evo and they seemed to think that the player was legit.

It is a stupid amount of points though. You can definitely break back into the top 5000 by driving the high-reward cars until their maximum level - it'll be staying in there that'll take dedication.

I got down to 800 or so during last year, then suddenly a huge influx of players arrived and I rapidly slipped south of 1300 in very short order.

I haven't played for ages, but still top 3000 with 222M and over 27000 miles :D GTS beta dragged me away, and since that finished I've been catching up with AC (but, always longing for the next update...) when I have time.

Just for the record, roughly, at the moment, 5000th is ~170M, 4000th ~196M, 3000th ~221M, 2000th ~300M, 1000th ~1B, 500th ~2B, 400th ~3.5B, 50th 5.1B.

I could well imagine a younger me getting maybe 10x the amount of fame, but nowhere near the >300x for the top spot!

I've lost all my data apart from my driver rank. My PS4 apparently didn't find Driveclub to be important enough to back up my data to the online saves.

I'm not sure if I'll bother playing it all again, I was on my way to platinuming it too.

I've lost all my data apart from my driver rank. My PS4 apparently didn't find Driveclub to be important enough to back up my data to the online saves.

I'm not sure if I'll bother playing it all again, I was on my way to platinuming it too.

Pretty sure all the important data is stored online for Driveclub. Cars are unlocked via the rank, and accolade progress is all online and tied to the account as far as I know?

Did you format your PS4 or something?

Pretty sure all the important data is stored online for Driveclub. Cars are unlocked via the rank, and accolade progress is all online and tied to the account as far as I know?

Did you format your PS4 or something?
Yeah I had to unfortuanlty. Lost all my stars though :(

I deleted my Drivecluib game save when I got my G29, as I was planning on starting it from scratch with the wheel. But I didn't like the FFB, way too unrealistic for me, so the games been gathering digital dust on my hard drive. Until today! Started playing it again with the pad, & I'm having lots of fun. The replays look gorgeous... :drool:

I think I might be coming back to DriveClub - and other semi-sims and arcade racers (the selection of new titles seems a little slim at the moment, although I've also been having fun with Redout and WipEout lately).
Maybe it's just getting older - 41 very soon - but my gaming habits and interests seem to be changing a lot over the last year or two - and very surprisingly after 15+ years of enjoying sim racing, with FFB wheel, on and off, I just seem unable to get into that lately. I've gone so far as trying to use the PS4 controller instead of my wheel in Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa, but that just doesn't feel quite right.

While I can still sometimes set off enough time for fairly long gaming sessions, I mostly just seem to want something that's a bit easier to just quickly jump in and out of and still get full enjoyment. Right now that appears to be mostly arcade(ish) racing games and some shooters (playing Destiny 2 at the moment, although it's unlikely to be long term, and will probably get Battlefront 2 in November). And perhaps a couple of the most compelling, large story based games in a year (as fantastic as my 150+ hours in The Witcher 3 were, I'm also having trouble imagining that kind of gaming commitment again. Although I'm sure it will happen again).

VBR
...so the games been gathering digital dust on my hard drive. Until today! Started playing it again with the pad, & I'm having lots of fun. The replays look gorgeous... :drool:
Did we not say that the pad was very well optimised for DC? :) Definitely the advantage of semi-sims, having decent controller parameters.

Vinitiecher, the number 1 player in Driveclub is holding the lead with 80.9 BILLION!!!
Wow...
I had made a video on how to get 30k fame by drifting every 2 mins (less than 2)
Here it is
I want to get 1k views:D:cheers::boggled:

Having spent the last week playing PC2 I can safely say (insert s****** here) that Driveclub is still so much more enjoyable, shame that the game and this forum is dying a slow death.

I’m sure the sim crowd love it but I much prefer the simplicity of DC, an online that works, the lack of clutter in the menus, still more gorgeous than any other driving game, cars that are drivable compared to some of the clown car handling of PC2, I know it’s a new game but it’s so riddled with bugs that some events are unplayable, I’m sure they’ll iron out the bugs eventually but I’m never gonna enjoy it anywhere near as much as this game

I haven’t played DriveClub in quite a while. I was wondering if the game received any kind of graphic or performance boost with the Pro?

Hi guys. Just saw Drive club is on the sale ( PSM store ) Wanna ask do this game worth it ??? How is ffb feels ?? In comparison with PC2 and AC??

Hi guys. Just saw Drive club is on the sale ( PSM store ) Wanna ask do this game worth it ??? How is ffb feels ?? In comparison with PC2 and AC??

It's a brilliant game, and when combined with the season pass, plus the two last car packs, the car list is really good. Graphically, it's probably still the best looking racing game out there, and it has an excellent photo mode to show it off. I no longer have a wheel, so I can't comment on FFB, but the driving feels great when using a controller. It's best described as being a Sim-cade game, and as far as I am concerned, it balances real world driving physics with arcade handling perfectly. A Hardcore driving mode was introduced in one of the updates, enabling you to make it more realistic. This can be enabled in the menus, and all the single player events, of which there are many, especially if we include the ones included in the DLC's, can be used with the Hardcore handling. Be advised though, you will not be able to get the gold times in time trials when using Hardcore handling, as you'll be significantly slower overall. The AI is also affected by the Hardcore handling, so normal races remain balanced.

Audio is quite good, weather and time of day is brilliant, and the online challenge system is great fun and has helped keeping the game alive. Simply put, you'll have a lot to do in the game. A comparison with actual sims doesn't really make sense. Project Cars is garbage though, so no worries on that front...

If you get it, be sure to get it with the season pass. It's cheap, and it makes the car selection much better. Also consider the Bikes DLC, if that is your thing.

It's a brilliant game, and when combined with the season pass, plus the two last car packs, the car list is really good. Graphically, it's probably still the best looking racing game out there, and it has an excellent photo mode to show it off. I no longer have a wheel, so I can't comment on FFB, but the driving feels great when using a controller. It's best described as being a Sim-cade game, and as far as I am concerned, it balances real world driving physics with arcade handling perfectly. A Hardcore driving mode was introduced in one of the updates, enabling you to make it more realistic. This can be enabled in the menus, and all the single player events, of which there are many, especially if we include the ones included in the DLC's, can be used with the Hardcore handling. Be advised though, you will not be able to get the gold times in time trials when using Hardcore handling, as you'll be significantly slower overall. The AI is also affected by the Hardcore handling, so normal races remain balanced.

Audio is quite good, weather and time of day is brilliant, and the online challenge system is great fun and has helped keeping the game alive. Simply put, you'll have a lot to do in the game. A comparison with actual sims doesn't really make sense. Project Cars is garbage though, so no worries on that front...

If you get it, be sure to get it with the season pass. It's cheap, and it makes the car selection much better. Also consider the Bikes DLC, if that is your thing.
Thank you mate. You got me. DC is downloading right now + season pass. Hope to meet you online :cheers:

Thank you mate. You got me. DC is downloading right now + season pass. Hope to meet you online :cheers:

If you want, you can join my club. I've got one spot open, and being in a high level club gives you more exp. Send a friend invite my way on PSN if you're interested ;)

You left the group on your own! You want back in? I'm not above bribery you know :lol:
I've gone from the small fish in the big pond being drip fed to the shark in a puddle doing about 95% of the XP in this other one. :lol:

I've gone from the small fish in the big pond being drip fed to the shark in a puddle doing about 95% of the XP in this other one. :lol:

So is that a yes? Should I extend you another invitation to the best club in all of the world? :P

How active are the people in yours now? Everyone still playing?

I'm pretty active, usually playing it a lot for a period of time, then taking a break for a few weeks, and then coming back again.
I assume Gr4ndy is also active every now and then, given that he has just a few million Fame more than I do. Sems4 pops in every now and then, and the same goes for Mattie and Lucian.

As a rule of thumb, I require some level of activity from my Club members.

btw. @MeanElf, @KennyL74 and @VBR, is it cool if I drop you guys a friend request? I'm looking to expand my network of people who actively play the game, as it is all the more fun seeing names you know pop up within the game. Same goes for anyone else who still actively play the game.

I think I might be coming back to DriveClub - and other semi-sims and arcade racers (the selection of new titles seems a little slim at the moment, although I've also been having fun with Redout and WipEout lately).
Maybe it's just getting older - 41 very soon - but my gaming habits and interests seem to be changing a lot over the last year or two - and very surprisingly after 15+ years of enjoying sim racing, with FFB wheel, on and off, I just seem unable to get into that lately. I've gone so far as trying to use the PS4 controller instead of my wheel in Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa, but that just doesn't feel quite right.

While I can still sometimes set off enough time for fairly long gaming sessions, I mostly just seem to want something that's a bit easier to just quickly jump in and out of and still get full enjoyment. Right now that appears to be mostly arcade(ish) racing games and some shooters (playing Destiny 2 at the moment, although it's unlikely to be long term, and will probably get Battlefront 2 in November). And perhaps a couple of the most compelling, large story based games in a year (as fantastic as my 150+ hours in The Witcher 3 were, I'm also having trouble imagining that kind of gaming commitment again. Although I'm sure it will happen again).

This has been me for the past 5 or 6 years. From 2000 to about 2009 I was really into the sim thing. Now though I just don't have the time or energy to commit to it. Just want to pick up the controller and play a bit once in a while...

Back