Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
To be honest I'll be happy with a demo but seems abit pointless as it's a plus game anyway.

Hope it is April tho
its not actually a plus game its a retail game that will have a limited version for free on PS+ but you will still have to buy the full game. AFAIK.

The PS+ version will be similar to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, limited number of tracks and cars.
It's a great idea to download the PS+ edition then decide if you want to purchase the full game.

The game is expected to be released this April according to Evolution Studios deleted twitter post.

Last edited:
its not actually a plus game its a retail game that will have a limited version for free on PS+ but you will still have to buy the full game. AFAIK.

The PS+ version will be similar to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, limited number of tracks and cars.
It's a great idea to download the PS+ edition then decide if you want to purchase the full game.

The game is expected to be released this April according to Evolution Studios deleted twitter post.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-is-the-full-game-minus-a-few-cars-and-tracks

Doesn't sound like a limited/prologue version to me.

Yes you might be missing a few cars and tracks but if you can platinum the plus version without the need to buy the 'full' version it must be pretty close to the disc game.

I'm looking at it as the 'full' game is DLC, if I really enjoy it and see a lot of game time with it I'll pick it up, if not I'll try and get the Plat then delete it.

Either way it's a great deal for Plus members.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-is-the-full-game-minus-a-few-cars-and-tracks

Yes you might be missing a few cars and tracks but if you can platinum the plus version without the need to buy the 'full' version it must be pretty close to the disc game.

I'm looking at it as the 'full' game is DLC, if I really enjoy it and see a lot of game time with it I'll pick it up, if not I'll try and get the Plat then delete it.

Right I guess my point was the plus game is still less stuff than the retail game. I just wonder if its gonna be $60 cause that seems like a huge leap from free to paid.

Right I guess my point was the plus game is still less stuff than the retail game. I just wonder if its gonna be $60 cause that seems like a huge leap from free to paid.

Did you read the article?

There will be some cars and tracks missing from the game but not a great deal by the sounds of it plus it says to upgrade to the full game PSN Plus members will get a discount so you won't be paying full price for what ever content you want.

I would assume Evolution will be releasing DLC so it might even be worth only buying that and not whatever is missing from the PSN Plus version.

I guess it depends on what it is and how desperate you are for it.

Didn't know you could get the platinium trophy, i'll still buy the full game, Driveclub looks stunning.

Did you read the article?

There will be some cars and tracks missing from the game but not a great deal by the sounds of it plus it says to upgrade to the full game PSN Plus members will get a discount so you won't be paying full price for what ever content you want.

I would assume Evolution will be releasing DLC so it might even be worth only buying that and not whatever is missing from the PSN Plus version.

I guess it depends on what it is and how desperate you are for it.
Ah well that seems fine then. I hope this game is fun.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but if you pre-order from Amazon UK you get early access to the SLS and the RUF RT12 R plus a whole load of in-game moneys to do stuff with.

Pre-order DriveClub and get a code to download the Amazon-exclusive Special Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe Black Series Pack.

This pack offers you instant access to the high-powered Mercedes supercar which features an exquisitely designed signature livery, exclusively available within this pack. The Special Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe Black Series Pack also includes a significant sum of Driveclub money to give you a head start in the game!

The Special Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe Black Series Pack enables instant access to the high-powered supercar for use throughout the game and features an exquisite signature livery, fashioned exclusively for Driveclub by AMG Black Series designer JF Huet. The elegant black and red livery design wraps around the muscular carbon fiber bodywork of the SLS AMG Coupe Black Series perfectly, reflecting the sheer brawn and exquisite detail that make this car the purest example of driving performance from AMG ever.

SLS_Preorder._V358728123_.jpg

You'll also receive a code for the Special RUF RT12 R Pack with your DriveClub pre-order.

This pack offers instant access to the Special RUF RT12 R Pack, which features an exclusively designed signature livery AND comes with a significant sum of DriveClub money to give you a head start in the game!

The Special RUF RT12 R enables instant access to the car for use throughout the game and features a completely bespoke livery, available only in this pack. The stylish red and black DriveClub design will make you stand out from the pack as you enjoy the thrill of racing the dynamic RT12 R on the world’s fastest roads.

RUF_RT12R._V358728106_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature....rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=467554927&pf_rd_i=B00BF6D546

Almost everybody I know of that got to play the demo wasnt that impressed with either the graphics or gameplay. So if they're taking their time to fix it, thats all right.

More problems. But hey. At least we can give them credit for not wanting to release a broken and unfinished steaming pile of poo like Polyphony likes to do.

Yeah, because releasing a game after countless delays means it's gonna be the best thing ever... right? *cough* GT5 *cough* (Sorry for bringing it up, please forgive me)

Yeah, because releasing a game after countless delays means it's gonna be the best thing ever... right? *cough* GT5 *cough* (Sorry for bringing it up, please forgive me)

When Driveclub gets to "countless delays", maybe you'll have a point.

I didn't say anything about how the final game will actually be, as that is all up to speculation. I only said that clearly, the team making it are actually making some kind of effort to not release it in a broken and/or unfinished state. Which is very much unlike PD.

The part I liked best about this interview was this statement
"we're willing to kinda eat that [cost] and go back to the drawing board and make sure the game is great before we ship it. And that's what's going on right now with that game"

So you are willing to eat the cost but is Sony? could end being one of them games we never see for years by the looks of it now.

When Driveclub gets to "countless delays", maybe you'll have a point.

Well it has had a few delays already. Was going to be a launch title, then February, then a rumor of June and now more rumors of a September release. Thats nearly a year after it was supposed to be out so I would say it has had a good few delays.

Well it has had a few delays already. Was going to be a launch title, then February, then a rumor of June and now more rumors of a September release. Thats nearly a year after it was supposed to be out so I would say it has had a good few delays.

Uhm... That's two delays. Rumors are not announced release dates, and as such, don't count to the total number.
Usually, I'd agree that multiple delays are worrying, however, when it comes to launch titles, I think it makes perfect sense. It's all down to whether the puplishers wants to push out the game regardless of it being unfininshed or broken.

Uhm... That's two delays. Rumors are not announced release dates, and as such, don't count to the total number.
Usually, I'd agree that multiple delays are worrying, however, when it comes to launch titles, I think it makes perfect sense. It's all down to whether the puplishers wants to push out the game regardless of it being unfininshed or broken.
So explain again how Its a "launch title"

Oh dear....

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant. It was supposed to be a launch title, but clearly wasn't ready when the PS4 released. My point was that because launch titles have a release date decided by a system launch rather than when the devs actually think the game will be ready, delays are to be expected. Had they not planned Driveclub as a launch title, it probably would've never been slated for a 2013 release.

That said, the statement, "Going back to the drawing board" says to me that they are having focus and priority problems.

They should've released the Plus version and then sold DLC when it was ready. As it is, there isn't crap for racing fans to play on PS4. This game is gonna end up being pushed back until November, just in time to face off against pCARS and yet another NFS game.

Disappointed that DriveClub's been delayed indefinitely. As long as they can make it properly good, I'm not too fussed as long as I can be able to go and race through the Scottish Highlands as shown from preview clips.

They should've released the Plus version and then sold DLC when it was ready. As it is, there isn't crap for racing fans to play on PS4. This game is gonna end up being pushed back until November, just in time to face off against pCARS and yet another NFS game.

So basically, you want them to do what Turn 10 did, and release a game that was nowhere near finished? Well, I suppose that results in a very lucrative DLC business. Turn 10 certainly loves that.

If that is how long it takes for the game to be finished, then that is exactly how long they need to take.
The hell is it with people wanting games to release before being finished?

If that is how long it takes for the game to be finished, then that is exactly how long they need to take.
EXACTLY. The longer these games takes the better they usually are. I would MUCH rather have a game bumped year after year instead of getting an unfinished game that has to be patched year after year. GT5 and Forza 5 are perfect examples of games that were rushed and nowhere near finished.

It should have NEVER been considered (by SONY) as a "launch title" then.

Back