Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Gamestop has a release date of 9/30/14. I am kind of hoping that they are delaying so they can get more racing wheel compatibility, but that's probably just a pipe dream, right?

Jerome

Gamestop has a release date of 9/30/14. I am kind of hoping that they are delaying so they can get more racing wheel compatibility, but that's probably just a pipe dream, right?

Jerome

What do you mean with racing wheel compatibility? The Thrustmaster TR500 has already been reported being used with Driveclub, hasn't it? I don't know if it's possible for them to get Logitech wheels to work with PS4 games due to Logitech being out of the business, but Sony has not blocked PS2, 3 and PC wheels as far as I'm aware. They just need new drivers, same as they did for the PS3.

Don't forget Fanatec wheel compatibility. After the bull:censored: M$ pulled with their $500 Official XBox 360 (Fanatec CSR Elite) not being compatible on the XBox One, call me a pessimist.

Jerome

I think Fanatec wheels are in the same boat as the Logitech wheels, as they use the same drivers (as far as I know).
Honestly, I'm sure they'll all work in-game. But yeah, I'd be mad too if I had shelled out the big cash on a quality wheel like the Elite, only to have it made redundant on the next-gen console. But I suppose it was to be expected, as MS did the same thing with the XBOX-Xbox 360 transition (again, as far as I know).

I think Fanatec wheels are in the same boat as the Logitech wheels, as they use the same drivers (as far as I know).
Honestly, I'm sure they'll all work in-game. But yeah, I'd be mad too if I had shelled out the big cash on a quality wheel like the Elite, only to have it made redundant on the next-gen console. But I suppose it was to be expected, as MS did the same thing with the XBOX-Xbox 360 transition (again, as far as I know).

Good point, fool me once..... :lol:

I think you may be right about the fanatec wheels being recognized as Logitech ones. But I just don't like counting my chickens before they hatch, you know?

Jerome

Yes, that article was quite misleading, when in fact it was just an article from Evolution explaining why it initially got pushed back.

Quote="GTPorsche, post: 9447407, member: 123788"]Turns out IGN was old news for clickbaiting. :dunce:

The game has not been delayed again.[/quote]

According to Playstation UK it has and for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
Amazon are listing it as a September release , but I don't see it happening this year.
It's happening this year without a doubt, Driveclub is looking amazing, if the game doesn't come out before E3 2014 then that would probably be the day Sony announces the release date.

Not sure, i can't wait to play Driveclub on my PS4.

It's happening this year without a doubt, Driveclub is looking amazing, if the game doesn't come out before E3 2014 then that would probably be the day Sony announces the release date.

Not sure, i can't wait to play Driveclub on my PS4.
Link to your source ?

Sony, Evolution Studios said that Driveclub is happening 100% this year, no need for a source, look it up.

should be easy to find.
I have looked It up and I can't find anywhere where it states a 100% release time for drive club , would appreciate a link to your source please.

I don't know how much truth there is to what I'm about to say, but it does at least give us hope.

http://www.simdriving.net/news/all-ps3-compatible-wheels-to-work-on-ps4

"Col Rodgers, Game Director on upcoming PS4 racing game DriveClub, has confirmed all current commercial racing wheels compatible with PlayStation 3 will also be fully compatible with PlayStation 4."

I really do think most if not all PS3 wheels will work with Driveclub. But as I've stated ealier, it all comes down to whether or not the wheel manufacturer gives a working SDK to the game developer.

Logitech bowing out worried me a little bit if I'm honest but even if they're not making the actual wheels anymore then how hard is it to make a bit of software for the games.

Logitech bowing out worried me a little bit if I'm honest but even if they're not making the actual wheels anymore then how hard is it to make a bit of software for the games.

That's the thing. Logitech never made their own drivers. They licensed drivers from another company. That of course costs money, and I doubt they'll want to spend money on doing that again for the PS4, as there is literally nothing in it for them. But I suppose it's possible that the drivers might still work on the PS4. Didn't they use DGFT wheels with Driveclub at E3? Or was it Thrustmaster wheels? Can't remember.

Fanatic and Thrustmaster certainly don't have any excuse for not working on the PS4.

I doubt they'll want to spend money on doing that again for the PS4, as there is literally nothing in it for them.
Except for thousands of sales of their wheels for the ps4 with a few simple software updates delivered to the developers. I have said it before, people, I believe, are reading to much into what Logitech said. The way I read their announcement was they wouldn't be an "official" PS wheel. That doesn't mean that they aren't going to provide drivers to developers, just that they wont be an "official" wheel. It makes no financial sense for Logitech not to provide the drivers.

Except for thousands of sales of their wheels for the ps4 with a few simple software updates delivered to the developers. I have said it before, people, I believe, are reading to much into what Logitech said. The way I read their announcement was they wouldn't be an "official" PS wheel. That doesn't mean that they aren't going to provide drivers to developers, just that they wont be an "official" wheel. It makes no financial sense for Logitech not to provide the drivers.

Logitech are out of the wheel periphial business. They aren't making them anymore, and as such, they aren't going to sell any more wheels. The wheels still up for sale in varies stores across the world have already been paid for by the stores. So fact is, Logitech does not gain any profit from making or licensing new drivers for their wheels.

Last edited:
Back