Driveclubs fastest drivers!!

• Thread starter Mcpartyman
  • 78 comments
Will do,i tend to get fixated with one track and work through the cars from performance to hyper.I usually don't have the patience to stick with one for too long unless I get fairly close within a few laps,then i turn into a possessed man for lap after tormented lap! It's funny how some tracks i just don't 'get',the flow of it just never happens for me,for instance i love the point to point Japan track Goshodaira but the Scottish point to points I'm rubbish at.Maybe i just need to sink some serious time into them.
I am the same, I have about 50 world records on one track and about 5 on the other 80!!! I am also rubbish at point to point. I think because I try for great times and hit reset as soon as I make a mistake I just don't persevere long enough to learn them and for fast times you have to know tracks inside out.

I am the same, I have about 50 world records on one track and about 5 on the other 80!!! I am also rubbish at point to point. I think because I try for great times and hit reset as soon as I make a mistake I just don't persevere long enough to learn them and for fast times you have to know tracks inside out.

I want to try a new fast lap contest using the new Ferrari FXXK but its hard to decide on a track for the
reasons you mention. Personally I dont know if Ive spent more than 5 minutes in Norway. Japan is interesting in some ways. I can tell you that racing the F1 track Singapore in some of the Driveclub cars
would be awesome! We tried a point to point contest already and there werent any new faces trying it.
Are you interested in any of those 3 tracks at the end of the Chile list Mcparty?

I want to try a new fast lap contest using the new Ferrari FXXK but its hard to decide on a track for the
reasons you mention. Personally I dont know if Ive spent more than 5 minutes in Norway. Japan is interesting in some ways. I can tell you that racing the F1 track Singapore in some of the Driveclub cars
would be awesome! We tried a point to point contest already and there werent any new faces trying it.
Are you interested in any of those 3 tracks at the end of the Chile list Mcparty?
The new Ferrari is a joy to drive and I love a good chilli Moto!!! Gor for it, you attract all the top drivers so it should be fun. I suspect given the likely quality of participants and speed of the fxxk'n new ferrari the overall WR will go.

The new Ferrari is a joy to drive and I love a good chilli Moto!!! Gor for it, you attract all the top drivers so it should be fun. I suspect given the likely quality of participants and speed of the fxxk'n new ferrari the overall WR will go.

Yeah sounds good. In the end, F1 2015 was like cool precision and Driveclub is like sweaty passion, so
I'm basically decided now what I want to do. Driveclub.

I will try a few places and post a new contest thing tomorrow. I have an idea alreay called.. well lets
just say I have the idea already. It feels good to be back. Driveclub rocks.. or, well, some of the cars at some of the locations are pure pleasure to get right.

@bloodsugar6 I was just starting some times in Wester Ross in the rain in the meaty Viper GTS (love the engine sound and the handling) as I had a bit of spare time and guess who is at global no 1 spot! I saw your name. Well done :cheers: At first I was very slow sliding around all the bends in the rain then I started seeing your ghost and I think by the end I was pretty much level/ahead of you most of the way round but up that last hill you turbo rocket away! I got to 2.04 I think 3rd place as I lose that last corner but there are still quite a few seconds depending how you take the corner slides.

I highly recommend this in the rain-alot of fun!.. :D

Is it possible under 2mins do you think any one? As there are not many times up at all..It could be positions 12345 to :gtpflag:

@bloodsugar6 I was just starting some times in Wester Ross in the rain in the meaty Viper GTS (love the engine sound and the handling) as I had a bit of spare time and guess who is at global no 1 spot! I saw your name. Well done :cheers: At first I was very slow sliding around all the bends in the rain then I started seeing your ghost and I think by the end I was pretty much level/ahead of you most of the way round but up that last hill you turbo rocket away! I got to 2.04 I think 3rd place as I lose that last corner but there are still quite a few seconds depending how you take the corner slides.

I highly recommend this in the rain-alot of fun!.. :D

Is it possible under 2mins do you think any one? As there are not many times up at all..It could be positions 12345 to :gtpflag:
I will try that tomorrow, been on the juice tonite!! Haven't done Wester Ross for ages but I like the course, very scenic. You two are one and three on the global leaderboard!!

@Mcpartyman Not easy to get good scores on the juice ;) I'm sure you will get under 2 mins..there are quite a few tight corners towards the end that you have to brake hard and not drop gears and glide...Any way it is a great track once you mastered you can go full speed through the first turn hugging the right through the grass 👍

Oooh.yeah i took a few of the muscle cars around WesterRoss in the rain.It's a track that i'm not particularly great on but i love it.The only reason i'm no.1 there(for now) is low participant numbers i guess,in the dry in one of the favoured cars i'll be seconds away i guess!

I reckon there should be a fair bit of time to knock off,usually there are very few entrants in the wet in muscle cars on most tracks,so i won't have had to put too many laps in.

Last edited:
Oooh.yeah i took a few of the muscle cars around WesterRoss in the rain.It's a track that i'm not particularly great on but i love it.The only reason i'm no.1 there(for now) is low participant numbers i guess,in the dry in one of the favoured cars i'll be seconds away i guess!

I reckon there should be a fair bit of time to knock off,usually there are very few entrants in the wet in muscle cars on most tracks,so i won't have had to put too many laps in.
Spot on, I saw your ghosts and like me there's loads of places you can pick up time on your laps. My bet would be something around 1:55 in the end here. Gasmati is good in the wet, if he does it see what kind of time he puts in. You two will easily break two minutes.

Some guy over on the DC FB page is suggesting that a few drivers here use hacks ;)

He hasn't replied to my comment yet.
Lol I hope that's not true. It shouldn't be possible. Mind you there's a few I would like drug tested, eb4, kie25, arsenal kid, DJW, Death Racer to name a few!!!!! And if he was online, good old Moto too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on, I saw your ghosts and like me there's loads of places you can pick up time on your laps. My bet would be something around 1:55 in the end here. Gasmati is good in the wet, if he does it see what kind of time he puts in. You two will easily break two minutes.

I might seem fast in the wet, as long as none of those advanced sentient beings show up. I sure would like to know their control setup, anyways here's mine.

DS4 (Default Control Scheme)
Chase Camera #2
Automatic

I still jump around mapping the throttle from R2, R1, and X and then back again to R2. The R2 button seems to give the best control over the throttle, but I'm a bit paranoid after it failing on my previous controller.

Last edited:
I might seem fast in the wet, as long as none of those advanced sentient beings show up. I sure would like to know their control setup, anyways here's mine.

DS4 (Default Control Scheme)
Chase Camera #2
Automatic

I still jump around mapping the throttle from R2, R1, and X and then back again to R2. The R2 button seems to give the best control over the throttle, but I'm a bit paranoid after it failing on my previous controller.
Very similar to mine. I prefer the control of using shoulder buttons for brake and accelerate. I think some of the quickest guys who use the ds4 have the right analogue stick for braking and acceleration. That was an impressive time in the FXXK at autodromo by the way!!! 42.8 I think.

Very similar to mine. I prefer the control of using shoulder buttons for brake and accelerate. I think some of the quickest guys who use the ds4 have the right analogue stick for braking and acceleration. That was an impressive time in the FXXK at autodromo by the way!!! 42.8 I think.

I tried the right analog stick, have problems with the R3 click showing itself at the worst possible times. I might give it another go sometime. Your lap is also very impressive! I know I could improve, but that last sector is a nightmare...patience is definitely tested on that track.

I'm calling sour grapes with this Torres guy.What's easier,putting some serious effort in or calling 'cheat'?
All of us dedicated TT guys have been there,we've seen a time on the top of the board,rubbed our eyes,looked again to check we hadn't misread.We've chased those 'Aliens',their ghosts getting further and further away as we curse and mutter.But with time we improve,those big time gaps start to shrink and we can actually see Deathracers name floating,taunting,just ahead,close enough for us to try one more time.
Just last week Avforums had a 6 event point to point rally in the Renault Alpine,and yes my heart sank a little when i saw ArsenalKid in the event. As i expected,after the first day he was top of each challenge by big margins(up to 9 seconds i think).One event was Trotternish,a course i had put very few miles into.Over a few hours on Sunday I gradually got closer and closer until I got 3 great sectors together and beat his time by half a second!
I was under no illusion of the time he'd set being close to his best effort,and he went on to take another couple of seconds off.But by the end of the week,the gap between first and second on all events was 1 or 2 seconds,not 10:)
No,those ghosts we chase don't suddenly engage some rather obvious turbocheat,they just ease off on the throttle for a tenth of a second less than us on a tricky corner,and in the world of Driveclub,that's all in can take between being no.1 or no.10.

I'm calling sour grapes with this Torres guy.What's easier,putting some serious effort in or calling 'cheat'?
All of us dedicated TT guys have been there,we've seen a time on the top of the board,rubbed our eyes,looked again to check we hadn't misread.We've chased those 'Aliens',their ghosts getting further and further away as we curse and mutter.But with time we improve,those big time gaps start to shrink and we can actually see Deathracers name floating,taunting,just ahead,close enough for us to try one more time.
Just last week Avforums had a 6 event point to point rally in the Renault Alpine,and yes my heart sank a little when i saw ArsenalKid in the event. As i expected,after the first day he was top of each challenge by big margins(up to 9 seconds i think).One event was Trotternish,a course i had put very few miles into.Over a few hours on Sunday I gradually got closer and closer until I got 3 great sectors together and beat his time by half a second!
I was under no illusion of the time he'd set being close to his best effort,and he went on to take another couple of seconds off.But by the end of the week,the gap between first and second on all events was 1 or 2 seconds,not 10:)
No,those ghosts we chase don't suddenly engage some rather obvious turbocheat,they just ease off on the throttle for a tenth of a second less than us on a tricky corner,and in the world of Driveclub,that's all in can take between being no.1 or no.10.

Yeah, I just don't see it at least not in this game. There's countless times I've been ahead of these guys only to do something incredibly stupid. If anything they have a hack for stability control not turbo and I highly doubt that. They are just amazingly consistent and what you might think is a perfect lap in your head is most likely not.

Some guy over on the DC FB page is suggesting that a few drivers here use hacks ;)

He hasn't replied to my comment yet.
Haha, that's funny. I haven't seen anyone 'hack' Driveclub yet. I'm in True Talent 2 along with TRP_Button at the moment. We've just started a third club. However the original Club should not be challenged, they'll go above and beyond in their efforts to prove anyone who thinks we're either slow or hacking haha.

Is there anyway you can send a link with the comment? Or at least try and tell me what post they had commented on? I'd like to see for myself :D and show the other members in the group chat we all have going on. It'd be a good laugh for all of us.

(Nevermind, you have the comment in your reply. But i'd still love to see where it's located so i can screenshot and send to the other guys lol.)

...But i'd still love to see where it's located so i can screenshot and send to the other guys lol.
Trouble with FB is you can't link to a particular post (at least I don't think so) I set the page to 'recent activity' and his post is the first right now: Body texts is as follows:

Someone knows what happened to the classification of Driveclub, this morning was 2600 and 8 hours later I am 8900
It goes from there to the other that I mentioned. I commented because I know you folks are in those teams, as I regularly get challenges from you.

Anyway, thought you'd all appreciate that :)

Haha, that's funny. I haven't seen anyone 'hack' Driveclub yet. I'm in True Talent 2 along with TRP_Button at the moment. We've just started a third club. However the original Club should not be challenged, they'll go above and beyond in their efforts to prove anyone who thinks we're either slow or hacking haha.

Is there anyway you can send a link with the comment? Or at least try and tell me what post they had commented on? I'd like to see for myself :D and show the other members in the group chat we all have going on. It'd be a good laugh for all of us.

(Nevermind, you have the comment in your reply. But i'd still love to see where it's located so i can screenshot and send to the other guys lol.)
People don't seem to understand that some drivers are just that good. I remember on the other forum a few months back guys were having a go at kie25 suggesting it was something to do with his wheel or a faster refresh rate on his TV, hilarious!! Although I think he got a bit peeved at the time and I don't blame him!!

Its obvious but I think most guys overestimate what they can get away with and still post a fast time.
In other words I'm pretty sure a lot of guys make small errors, whether or not they know they are making them, and still look to their finish time with eager anticipation. Like at Munnar in the first fast straight section there are dirt areas that will drop your revs if you go over them, and I wonder how many guys run over them anyway and not make the connection with dropped revs and slower times.

Another area that gets overlooked is the need to keep trying to better your time *right after* setting a new personal best.. not later but right then.

a few months back guys were having a go at kie25 suggesting it was something to do with his wheel or a faster refresh rate on his TV, hilarious!!

While wheels tend to get that little bit more of an advantage over Pads, it's not by much. Same goes with the faster refresh rate on his TV. IF he has it, it poses a slight advantage. But not enough to deal huge damage to the leaderboards and his performance. Kie can post a time, and we can all catch up to it with enough effort and time. Same goes for eb4tiky. His times may be ridiculous to some but some of us can catch him. I was close once but i didn't get it.

If i sat there and had enough patience then i'd probably be beating a time or two of his. That's just what i lack lol

Its obvious but I think most guys overestimate what they can get away with and still post a fast time.
In other words I'm pretty sure a lot of guys make small errors, whether or not they know they are making them, and still look to their finish time with eager anticipation. Like at Munnar in the first fast straight section there are dirt areas that will drop your revs if you go over them, and I wonder how many guys run over them anyway and not make the connection with dropped revs and slower times.

Another area that gets overlooked is the need to keep trying to better your time *right after* setting a new personal best.. not later but right then.
Spot on Moto. I've set quite a few world records where I realise I am in the groove so instead of stopping having got the record I try to lower it and I've had a few where it's enabled me to be over a second ahead having initially been about a tenth up!

While wheels tend to get that little bit more of an advantage over Pads, it's not by much. Same goes with the faster refresh rate on his TV. IF he has it, it poses a slight advantage. But not enough to deal huge damage to the leaderboards and his performance. Kie can post a time, and we can all catch up to it with enough effort and time. Same goes for eb4tiky. His times may be ridiculous to some but some of us can catch him. I was close once but i didn't get it.

If i sat there and had enough patience then i'd probably be beating a time or two of his. That's just what i lack lol
You would be dangerous if you had many attempts. I wonder if eb4 just goes out and blasts away or if he needs lots of goes??? Did you see he got the one record at Fraser Valley reverse down to 45 seconds dead!!!

People don't seem to understand that some drivers are just that good. I remember on the other forum a few months back guys were having a go at kie25 suggesting it was something to do with his wheel or a faster refresh rate on his TV, hilarious!! Although I think he got a bit peeved at the time and I don't blame him!!
The was another guy not so long ago who complained that his car would lose speed when drifting and he didn't understand it...

@Mcpartyman Well done -I see you had a go and sneaked at no1 now 1.58 at Wester Ross!! I will keep trying that but I lose the slides on some corners and up that hill I drop gear but not sure if I can make up 6 seconds! Excellent driving.... :bowdown:

As above I don't have the time or patience to keep going for 1/10th of a second as there are so many challenges and races and tours to do..I think everyone knows their own limits and knows what to do on each sector it is bringing all 3 or 4 sectors together consistently and calmly with no errors, I normally get 3 good sectors ahead of the winners then lose it on the last few corners when the pressure is on!! :lol:

Great times all and I have respect to all the GTP and DC drivers who get these top 5 spots consistently :gtpflag: 👍

@Mcpartyman Well done -I see you had a go and sneaked at no1 now 1.58 at Wester Ross!! I will keep trying that but I lose the slides on some corners and up that hill I drop gear but not sure if I can make up 6 seconds! Excellent driving.... :bowdown:

As above I don't have the time or patience to keep going for 1/10th of a second as there are so many challenges and races and tours to do..I think everyone knows their own limits and knows what to do on each sector it is bringing all 3 or 4 sectors together consistently and calmly with no errors, I normally get 3 good sectors ahead of the winners then lose it on the last few corners when the pressure is on!! :lol:

Great times all and I have respect to all the GTP and DC drivers who get these top 5 spots consistently :gtpflag: 👍
You were well ahead of me and bloodsugar, just need to hold it together!! That's why I prefer shorter courses, my bottle goes when I am in the lead, it's much harder to hold together for 2 plus minutes as opposed to many I do which are less than 1 minute!!

You were well ahead of me and bloodsugar, just need to hold it together!! That's why I prefer shorter courses, my bottle goes when I am in the lead, it's much harder to hold together for 2 plus minutes as opposed to many I do which are less than 1 minute!!
Yeah, same for me. I suffer from a lack of focus and consistency to be anywhere near fast enough, plus getting put into pole position by a racing game is my worst nightmare.

That is precisely though one of the reasons why I like such driving games, they give you that feeling of pressure and reward you with such a sense of elation when you do achieve a good time or a win in MP.

Full-on respect to you all for doing what you do, and for sharing it.

..plus getting put into pole position by a racing game is my worst nightmare.

This made me smile because the psychology of hotlaps gets ignored.
What if being in the lead was your dream come true, instead? The difference between
nightmare and dream come true is purely mental; you are not in danger holding your DS4
and neither is it the way you make a living. I'm not mocking you- we all do what you do when
we watch a scary movie. We *know* we are safe on our couch, but we get tense and frightened
all the same.

Ayrton Senna said in a book he helped write that a driver should carefully examine his thoughts when
he does something to cost himself a victory or he ruins his own race. Why are you standing in the way
of your own success? etc. Granted its not as important with a video game as when people are paying you
millions to perform well, but the basis is the same.

The 'we' that we know only plays a small part in driving a hotlap. Its mostly subconscious mechanisms.
If I were your coach I would suggest 'turning your brain loose with abandon' to the task of hotlapping.
Dont be afraid, your ego will be there when you get done. Become an animal. Become an alien.

...that will be $5 please.
:)

What if being in the lead was your dream come true, instead? The difference between
nightmare and dream come true is purely mental; you are not in danger holding your DS4
and neither is it the way you make a living. I'm not mocking you- we all do what you do when
we watch a scary movie. We *know* we are safe on our couch, but we get tense and frightened
all the same.

Ayrton Senna said in a book he helped write that a driver should carefully examine his thoughts when
he does something to cost himself a victory or he ruins his own race. Why are you standing in the way
of your own success? etc. Granted its not as important with a video game as when people are paying you

The 'we' that we know only plays a small part in driving a hotlap. Its mostly subconscious mechanisms.
If I were your coach I would suggest 'turning your brain loose with abandon' to the task of hotlapping.
Dont be afraid, your ego will be there when you get done. Become an animal. Become an alien.

Lol, maybe I will give it a spin when I get in from the pub tonight then, the brain will certainly be relaxed!!!

all the same.

Btw I was having a little laugh with my last post Moto, I never play synchronised games under the influence, it just won't happen. You are right about what it takes, when I relax I drive my best laps, because fear disappears. I also think your mindset is incredibly important, if you believe you can, invariably you will!!

...The 'we' that we know only plays a small part in driving a hotlap. Its mostly subconscious mechanisms.

Interesting points and I'm sure they'll be valid nine times out of ten, or for nine cats out of ten at least :)

I think though sir that you mistake me; my fear of starting up front isn't out of worry for crashing, more impending anger at my own inability to remain focused. I actually prefer doing hotlaps and only rarely do competitive races for precisely that reason.

Thanks for the tips though, but it's just me, I can't focus :lol:

Interesting points and I'm sure they'll be valid nine times out of ten, or for nine cats out of ten at least :)

I think though sir that you mistake me; my fear of starting up front isn't out of worry for crashing, more impending anger at my own inability to remain focused. I actually prefer doing hotlaps and only rarely do competitive races for precisely that reason.

Thanks for the tips though, but it's just me, I can't focus :lol:
It's funny, even on hotlaps most my records happen when I'm a little behind the leader until the last turn or chicane, rarely when I'm in front but it's definitely self inflicted pressure!!! Easier psychologically to come from behind than hold a lead!

I mean my hotlaps are personally different. Instead i practice at two tracks through time trial and just see what i can do there:

I normally have a go at the incredibly simplistic yet anything-can-happen type of track that is Oliver's Landing, fairly STRAIGHTforward ( ;) ) but after it catches you off-guard with that ridiculous left hand hairpin after the long straight (Well depends what version you like doing best, i prefer the normal)

OR

I have a go at the very tricky and technical Munnar at India. Multiple elevations going up and down, especially weaving through that little section just after you complete the first sector. Very challenging and the good ol' blind corners thrown in for extra measure. Downhill braking, curvatures on one side of the track in some places.

Really good stuff for throwing off the competition and completely misjudging your speed or braking points.

Either way. I practice on these two tracks especially. Mainly because they're so different and trains my brain for the instances that occur on both tracks. Because they're bound to happen on more.

I've mentioned doing a Time Trial on Munnar with eb4tiky's ghost on there. It does panic you knowing that someone like that who handles the car so well and produces a quality time appears. However i got ahead of him by a good second on the first sector, he was JUST behind me on the second sector, and with my inexperience with the car on the track, i lose it on the third sector.

I think that's what counts too. Experience. This is why multiplayer gives me a favor in that department. I play it regularly and the tracks appear quite often. So i use the car i want, practice with it and use it again in Time Trial for a bit and THEN set my time. OR i just go in blind and give it a couple runs and see what i produce lol.

My Hotlaps occur when i'm comfortable with the setting after a few practice runs. I can easily push one out if i wanted to, providing that there aren't any big names in the list. If there are, it takes me more time and effort. Maybe produce the occasional record. P1 GTR on Salar de Surire [Reversed] took me a while because names like TRP_BUTTON and DJW_GT were there. What's even worse is that i was livestreaming with an audience at that time lol, constantly spewing out profanity.

Back