Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 240 comments

regnar

Premium
United States
Florida, USA
For those that may not have a compatible wheel to work with PS5/GT7
You need two specific devices to make your Fanatec or Thrustmaster wheel to work

Collective Minds DriveHub & third party controller HORI, PS4 Mini Wired Gamepad
Also you need to make sure that your wheel is set to the correct mode, refer to your specific wheel on how to. I'm using a Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 set to PC mode

Note: there may be other third party controllers that will work, but this seems at the moment to be the best one
Note: There may be a newer model of the Drivehub coming out that may not need the third party controller (can't verify at this time)

My setup, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 & CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3, V3 Peddles & shifter

On the PS4, A PS4 controller is all that's needed with the DriveHub, but in the settings on the PS4, under controllers, change communication method 'Use USB Cable'

The Logitech G29/G923 Wheel in the GT7 in the settings will be the one that is used.

Related thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-racing-wheel-converter.358306/page-60

How it works
Drivehub Setup

Collective Minds DriveHub
https://www.drivehubnow.com/
1.png

How to update DriveHub

Firmware Link

PS4 Mini Wired Gamepad (Black) by HORI
PS4 Mini Wired Gampad by HORI.jpg

Compatible Wheels
Drivehub Compatible Wheels.png

Compatible Accessories
Compatable Accessories.png

Last edited:
Awesome post thanks SO much. You just saved me giving up and selling my setup to get a g29. Bought the hub and controller just then.

Id say this saved me lots of money overall actually, I was so bummed I wasnt gonna be able to use my setup for gt7. Since GT1 as a kid ive always had to use controller, will be sick to play with a good wheel since the licences will be way more fun now :)

Last edited:
Please help me, i have a thrustmaster TS-XW, bought a ps4 with gt7 and i get no road feeling what so ever, just a stron restraint the more i turn the wheel, but cant feel bumps or apex's 😫😫

You need two specific devices to make your Fanatec or Thrustmaster wheel to work

Also you need to make sure that your wheel is set to the correct mode, refer to your specific wheel on how to. I'm using a Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 set to PC mode

Note: there may be other third party controllers that will work, but this seems at the moment to be the best one
Note: There may be a newer model of the Drivehub coming out that may not need the third party controller (can't verify at this time)

My setup, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 & CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3, V3 Peddles & shifter

On the PS4, A PS4 controller is all that's needed with the DriveHub, but in the settings on the PS4, under controllers, change communication method 'Use USB Cable'

Related thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-racing-wheel-converter.358306/page-60

How it works
Drivehub Setup

View attachment 1120127

How to update DriveHub

View attachment 1120128

Compatible Wheels
View attachment 1120129

Compatible Accessories
View attachment 1120130

Related thread

How it works
Drivehub Setup

View attachment 1120127

How to update DriveHub

View attachment 1120128

Compatible Wheels
View attachment 1120129

Compatible Accessories
View attachment 1120130
Please help me, i have a thrustmaster TS-XW, bought a ps4 with gt7 and i get no road feeling what so ever, just a stron restraint the more i turn the wheel, but cant feel bumps or apex's 😫😫

Same with CSL DD + CSL elite LC pedals for me.

Are you guys using the PS5 with "Performance" mode? I didn't notice lag with the game set to "Performance". I just have problems with the car not working reliably in License Tests. I go to start, and the car doesn't move despite seeing the throttle "moving" on the screen when I press the pedal, and I'm in 1st gear, etc.

Are you guys using the PS5 with "Performance" mode? I didn't notice lag with the game set to "Performance". I just have problems with the car not working reliably in License Tests. I go to start, and the car doesn't move despite seeing the throttle "moving" on the screen when I press the pedal, and I'm in 1st gear, etc.
Yeah performance mode.

The drivehub is causing in game lag for me. GT7 PS5, using the drivehub to make my TM pedals work with my podium dd1.
Are you in Drive hub's "Fanatec mode?" Then try it in the normal Logitech emulation mode - that should reportedly fix it. You may get some wheel oscillation when driving straight though, so maybe add some friction.

Are you in Drive hub's "Fanatec mode?" Then try it in the normal Logitech emulation mode - that should reportedly fix it. You may get some wheel oscillation when driving straight though, so maybe add some friction.
how do you change modes on the drivehub?

I don't own one (I have a GIMX, sort of the DIY version of DH,) so I have no idea. That's why I wrote "reportedly." But I'm sure they have user manuals over at Creative Mind's site.

Press options and share for a while on your wheel or controller. It should display a L for Fanalogic or a F for Fanatec mode.

But the Fanalogic mode isnt really a fix it has bunch of other problems. It does fix the stutter though.

Last edited:
These things never feel quite right. It's taking wheel and pedal input and converting it to analog stick and trigger input...

It's unfortunate that both consoles don't support all the major wheels. It's especially frustrating when a Xbox & PlayStation wheel look identical and are essentially identical aside from the face buttons and a logo but then don't work on the "other" console.

I have a Logitech g923, there's an Xbox version and a PlayStation version. I've been told by Logitech support that either wheel will work on either system and then another support person told me no it wouldn't....

Guess I'll find out when I pull my Playseat evo out of the closet tomorrow lol.

So I broke down, plugged the wheel back into the PC, updated the drivers, f1 firmware, and wheel base firmware. Then I unplugged the USB cable and plugged the pedals in via "telephone" cable. Was a hassle, but when I plugged the wheel back into the drive hub, booted the PS5, turned on the wheel, and switched between modes till my BMW wheel showed "F" 3 times. Then started the game, and everything seems to be working pretty well.

Hadn't occurred to me there might be a newer Fanatec driver, and that might help with things... but that seems to have done the trick. At least with some brief testing.

Hi! I also have a TSXW with PS4 and GT7. You don't have to change any mode because the drivehub already comes by default in racing mode for thrustmaster.

Beyond my own wheel, I couldn't give you a specific answers, but have you tried to update the DriveHub, that I would do first & if your wheel can, I would also try to update it,
then try adjusting the FFB from your wheel and the FFB setting in GT7

Link to the DriveHub Firmware

I typically before turning on the PS4/PS5, I turn the wheel on and let it go through it's cycle, then turn on the console, I've been using the DriveHub on the PS4 since GT Sport was released.

Since your on the PS4 also make sure to change the communication method of the controller 'Use USB Cable'
Aside, the PS5 that option doesn't exist, a PS4 controller on a PS5 remains in Bluetooth mode regardless of setting
PS4 Controller Setting2.jpg

My controller settings

Gran Turismo® 7_FFB.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! I also have a TSXW with PS4 and GT7. You don't have to change any mode because the drivehub already comes by default in racing mode for thrustmaster.
thanks bud, is yours working? cant seem to find a solution anywhere.

Beyond my own wheel, I couldn't give you a specific answers, but have you tried to update the DriveHub, that I would do first & if your wheel can, I would also try to update it,
then try adjusting the FFB from your wheel and the FFB setting in GT7

Link to the DriveHub Firmware

I typically before turning on the PS4/PS5, I turn the wheel on and let it go through it's cycle, then turn on the console, I've been using the DriveHub on the PS4 since GT Sport was released.

Since your on the PS4 also make sure to change the communication method of the controller 'Use USB Cable'
Aside, the PS5 that option doesn't exist, a PS4 controller on a PS5 remains in Bluetooth mode regardless of setting
View attachment 1120664
My controller settings

View attachment 1120665
thanks bud, yes all is up to date, but theres no option to change the connwction method on that menu on ps4, there no options after the brightness settings?

Last edited:
Here is another thread on that topic where someone is in touch with the drivehub creator who thinks he can work out most problems during the coming week. Wouldn't buy any stuff etc. before there isn't a firmware update.
Did you mean to link to a thread? I'm curious to see what it has to say. Thanks!

If you have a PS4/5 compatible wheel base, then there's no need to plug in an extra controller. Simply plug the wheel base into the "controller" port of the drive hub and it will see it as a controller. At least that's how it works for me with a Thrustmaster T300 RS wheel base, so I assume this should be the case for all PS4/5 compatible wheel bases. Also stays connected - no disconnect.

If you have a PS4/5 compatible wheel base, then there's no need to plug in an extra controller. Simply plug the wheel base into the "controller" port of the drive hub and it will see it as a controller. At least that's how it works for me with a Thrustmaster T300 RS wheel base, so I assume this should be the case for all PS4/5 compatible wheel bases. Also stays connected - no disconnect.
The T300RS was supposedly officially supported on both the PS4 and PS5. The 500RS (supposedly) was never officially supported on the PS4 (even though it worked with many games). I think that's why people are having to use the extra controller with the 500RS.

Did you mean to link to a thread? I'm curious to see what it has to say. Thanks!

Hi, was using the G920 and a drivehub to play GT7 on the PS4. The controller disconnected thinking that the battery for my DS4 was dead, but plugging and resetting the PS4 does not turn on the drivehub. I tried plugging the drivehub into my PC and the eyes and RPM LEDs are not blinking anymore, all I see is a black screen. I've sent tickets and emailed contact support due to frustration that it was just working fine a moment ago. Thanks for any help!

I was able to set up my Thrustmaster TS-WX base with the dedicated wired controller. I do have one question, is it normal for the wheel to only have 180 degree of rotation? For example, with the wheel at 90 degrees I am at full steering lock.

Thank you in advance!

Many of us who use the drivehub have no sensations when driving, at least with the edges of the track or the same asphalt. I particularly think that there is more FFB than in GTSport but asking several people, the problem is the drivehub, maybe a new update would make there more FFB.

Many of us who use the drivehub have no sensations when driving, at least with the edges of the track or the same asphalt. I particularly think that there is more FFB than in GTSport but asking several people, the problem is the drivehub, maybe a new update would make there more FFB.
I emailed their support late last week to confirm compatibility (TM 500RS / GT7 / PS5) and they said that it’s not officially supported and that people were reporting some issues (I’ve seen others report the lack of FFB on curbing). I’m holding out hope they can work out the kinks because the G923 I got while I wait is like a kid’s toy compared to the TM 500.

Last edited:
i have the fanatec csw v2.5, v3 pedal/shifter, and the fanatec universal hub for xbox one with steering wheel. i am following the instructions here to buy the drive hub and Hori controller. i hope they will work for my upcoming ps5 with gt7.

Latest Posts

Back