Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 231 comments
i have the fanatec csw v2.5, v3 pedal/shifter, and the fanatec universal hub for xbox one with steering wheel. i am following the instructions here to buy the drive hub and Hori controller. i hope they will work for my upcoming ps5 with gt7.
Update the wheel/base , the drivehub (beta) and then use mode Fanatec and you will be ok.
Im in pS5 and I have the same setup. I have also some more wheels (f1 v2.5, Mcl.,BMW) and only the BMW seems not be working perfectly (missing some buttons,but could be my fault since I dont know if I was in fanalogic or fanatec when I tried it)....

Last edited:
sorry slightly OT.

I'm on PS4 with a G25.

Buttons on the wheels etc seem to work but pedals do not respond, or better the brake seems to be responding vaguely so there is connection. I remember this happening on gt sport long time ago. any idea how to fix this?

THANKS

edit: clutch and brake work...only the gas is not responding

Last edited:
There is definitely something wrong with Drivehub in GT7, I have a CSL Elite Plus that is compatible with PS5, connected as the "actual" controller on the drivehub, and use it only for connecting my non-fanatec peripherals like shifters, and handbrake, it always worked on GT sport or dirt rally 2.0, at least I never noticed any lag, but on GT7 OMG, its unplayable, corners are laggy, input is not precise and many other issues.

Just by removing the drivehub all works, but then I lose access to all my peripherals which is a bummer, as anyone experience the same? or have a solution?

i have the fanatec csw v2.5, v3 pedal/shifter, and the fanatec universal hub for xbox one with steering wheel. i am following the instructions here to buy the drive hub and Hori controller. i hope they will work for my upcoming ps5 with gt7.
You should maybe wait that Collectiveminds is fixing the Stuttering issues.

have they officially acknowledged these issues as workable from their side? it seems very odd that happens only for GT7.
Yes they aknowledged it, and they said they are working on a fix in the coming week. As GT7 just been released recently, they discovered the issues like us.

I hope that the new firmware of the DRIVEHUB improves the FFB, there are very few sensations on asphalt and especially in the kerbs. Some more ffb is needed when turning the wheel

I hope that the new firmware of the DRIVEHUB improves the FFB, there are very few sensations on asphalt and especially in the kerbs. Some more ffb is needed when turning the wheel
If you are using fanatec wheel, the sensations a linked to the physic engine proposed by Logitech or Fanatec,via Fanalogic or fanatec mode, Drivehub is converting the signal to the physical asset.
Regarding the FFB the Fanatec mode is more accurate, but you can set it on the game to the maximum

If you are using fanatec wheel, the sensations a linked to the physic engine proposed by Logitech or Fanatec,via Fanalogic or fanatec mode, Drivehub is converting the signal to the physical asset.
Regarding the FFB the Fanatec mode is more accurate, but you can set it on the game to the maximum
I use a Thrustmaster TSXW on a PS4.

I'm using my trusty old G25 and I have to say, while it does work fine in general and the steering resistance is fine, there is most of the time no feedback whatsoever from bumps, curbs, grass, dirt and so on. Interestingly I can feel curbs on the inside of the corner sometimes, but basically never curbs on the outside.

I can't update my drivehub firmware atm, will try that tomorrow (I have the firmware from about 1.5 years ago), but if there's no change, I might buy a new wheel. I wanted to buy the Fanatec DD, but the cost being above 800€ (I don't want the ugly official rim...), it might be too much relative to how much I actually play.

I have the Fanatec CSV 2.5. V2 Wheel, csl elite pedals, drive hub and hori controller. Before I got the Hori controller yesterday the PS5 was timing out the controller every 10 minutes. That was fun. But that has all disappeared now. The wheel feels pretty good, I know it would feel better with native support. The issue that seems to be happening now is when it gets busy in the corner with a few cars there seems to be some video compression or "stuttering" as someone mentioned previously. I thought that might be a result of incorrect video display settings between the TV and PS5 but I see people mentioning it in this thread. My next step will be to update the Drive Hub, wheel base and wheels and see what that gets me. I'll report back here with my findings.

I'm using my trusty old G25 and I have to say, while it does work fine in general and the steering resistance is fine, there is most of the time no feedback whatsoever from bumps, curbs, grass, dirt and so on. Interestingly I can feel curbs on the inside of the corner sometimes, but basically never curbs on the outside.

I can't update my drivehub firmware atm, will try that tomorrow (I have the firmware from about 1.5 years ago), but if there's no change, I might buy a new wheel. I wanted to buy the Fanatec DD, but the cost being above 800€ (I don't want the ugly official rim...), it might be too much relative to how much I actually play.
You know the GT DD Pro can now be bought as Base only? No need to buy it in a bundle with that fugly wheel anymore. Add pedals and a wheel of choice and you have a native working solution.

You know the GT DD Pro can now be bought as Base only? No need to buy it in a bundle with that fugly wheel anymore. Add pedals and a wheel of choice and you have a native working solution.
Yes, but only the 8Nm Variant for 600€. If I combine that with the cheapest wheel and the cheapest pedals, I'm at a little over 800€. Which is totally fine for an enthusiast, but given the fact that I'm a father of two with a job, other hobbies and also other games that I play, I'd prefer having good FFB on my G25. Hopefully that is working better with the current firmware or a future one or someone has a good idea for something different that I could try.

Yes, but only the 8Nm Variant for 600€. If I combine that with the cheapest wheel and the cheapest pedals, I'm at a little over 800€. Which is totally fine for an enthusiast, but given the fact that I'm a father of two with a job, other hobbies and also other games that I play, I'd prefer having good FFB on my G25. Hopefully that is working better with the current firmware or a future one or someone has a good idea for something different that I could try.
Keep looking at second hand Elite + bases with pedals and wheel. Those probably will come to market if the enthusiasts upgrade to the GT DD Pro. Those are also very good. 6Nm, beltdriven. Mine will go on sale after my GT DD Pro base has come in and works like intended. ;) Only mine will only come with the standard Playstation P1 wheel that comes with it, because I am keeping my V2 wheel and V3 pedals.

I updated my drivehub. Looked like I was about 3 updates behind. All my Fanatec equipment looked up to date. I might say there was a small improvement in lag on GT7 on the PS5 but there was still a little that could be noticed in busy corners. All is fine on GTs on the PS4. Not sure why the big difference in performance.

I've been playing GT7 on PS4 for several days with my TSXW wheel and I'm already noticing that “stuttering” that many people are talking about. Apparently it's a problem with everyone who uses drivehub. I hope the next Firmware will correct that “stuttering”

I just wanted to post here to make sure I wouldn't be investing in this incorrectly. I have a Logitech G923 but my shifter and handbrake are Fanatec. This works fine for PC, but I believe I'd need a Drivehub to use them all easily on PS5 unless I move into a Fanatec wheel/pedal set.

Ignoring the current issue of lag which appears to be an issue planned to be solved, I could use a G923 + Fanatec SQ + Fanatec CS through the Drivehub for GT7, correct? I've not played any racing game on console, and I already know setting stuff up on PC is clunky, so I'm curious if this stuff would work natively or if there'd be additional issues.

Keep looking at second hand Elite + bases with pedals and wheel. Those probably will come to market if the enthusiasts upgrade to the GT DD Pro. Those are also very good. 6Nm, beltdriven. Mine will go on sale after my GT DD Pro base has come in and works like intended. ;) Only mine will only come with the standard Playstation P1 wheel that comes with it, because I am keeping my V2 wheel and V3 pedals.
That's a good idea, I will check for them.
Bummer that the PlayStation Fanatec stuff is so expensive. You could buy the non-compatible CSL DD 5Nm Base with wheel and pedals for 570€ which has been the entry price into the Fanatec world for quite some time. But if you want PlayStation compatibility with the same system, it's 700€ and if you don't like the GT7 rim, you are at 820€...

I actually contacted the Drive Hub support team as I wanted to know if my old Fanatec wheel (Porsche 911 Turbo S) would work on the PS5/GT7 and this is the response they gave me:

"If you get hold of a PS4 Hori Mini Pad, the Drive Hub will work on PS5. The problem is currently issues with GT7 with Drive Hub and Fanatec that the Drive Hub team is looking into. I'm told they cause slowdown in the game. You might want to hold off till they are fixed."

Last edited:
I actually contacted the Drive Hub support team as I wanted to know if my old Fanatec wheel (Porsche 911 Turbo S) would work on the PS5/GT7 and this is the response they gave me:

"If you get hold of a PS4 Hori Mini Pad, the Drive Hub will work on PS5. The problem is currently issues with GT7 with Drive Hub and Fanatec that the Drive Hub team is looking into. I'm told they cause slowdown in the game. You might want to hold off till they are fixed."
That slowdown in GT7 and the Drivehub is not only with Fanatec, it also happens to me with my Thrustmaster TSXW and on PS4. 😞

works very well in Fanatec mode. I didn't tried thé Fanalogic mode as the brake and physics are far away les accurate.

Last edited:
Hi all, there is an update with 2.08 bêta 8 that seems to fix the issue with fanatec wheels
Pretty sure that's the one I downloaded yesterday. Gives the impression of being slightly improved. Still not great. Still bogging down in congested turns.

Drivehub working like a charm now on GT7 with todays firmware update.

My setup;

PS5
Drivehub + Nacon controller
CSL DD + Formula V2 rim
CSL Elite LC pedals

Got the Drivehub in Fanatec mode and the CSL DD in Compatibilty mode and using Fanatec's recommended settings for DD Pro.

Everything works. The FFB is there and it feels great also the buttons and the lights on the wheel all seem to be working as intended.

Back