Driving Force GT O And X Buttons

• Thread starter Lathafummi
  • 23 comments
Trying to use my wheel but the o and x buttons won't work. Anybody else getting this. Fine with joypad but soon as wheel connected no joy?

Is this in races or the menus? I use the DFGT and they they start off unassigned for racing for the wheel when you first start up. Work fine in the menus though.

I am however finding that R1 and L1 (which should be the paddles behind the wheel) aren't working in the menus to navigate between, say, pages of cars within a dealership. Is anyone else finding that?

Is this in races or the menus? I use the DFGT and they they start off unassigned for racing for the wheel when you first start up. Work fine in the menus though.

I am however finding that R1 and L1 (which should be the paddles behind the wheel) aren't working in the menus to navigate between, say, pages of cars within a dealership. Is anyone else finding that?
It's not just the DFGT. Durring the insidesimracing first hour of gameplay, they couldn't get it to work with their T500.

I prefer to use the DS3 to navigate the UI, but I'll see about this when I (hopefully) pick up my copy this afternoon.

I used to play gt5 with my ds3 as controller 1 and my dfgt as controller 2 (easier to navigate the menus with the ds3) so I turned gt6 on the same, and neither ds3 or dfgt were working properly.

So I restarted the game with the dfgt as controller 1 and my ds3 turned off, and it was working fine. So I then turned on my ds3 and assigned it as controller 1 (so dfgt becomes controller 2), and all the buttons are working.

Is that taking into account that:

L1/R1 on controller = L3/R3 on wheel
L2/R2 on controller = L1/R1 on wheel (shifters)
L3/R3 on controller = L2/R2 on wheel

Pretty sure I tried all the R and L buttons but will have to double check unless someone can confirm otherwise.

My game is now completely broken with this issue. It worked fine after the first patch but after this second mini patch I can no longer make any selections on menus. I've tried both my wheel and my 2 DS3's but neither allow me to use the X or O buttons.

If I press the PS button to bring up the XMB and then close it the game registers that as a selection for whatever option I have selected for some reason but that isn't exactly a solution.

I currently can't play the game at all

Is that taking into account that:

L1/R1 on controller = L3/R3 on wheel
L2/R2 on controller = L1/R1 on wheel (shifters)
L3/R3 on controller = L2/R2 on wheel
None of that works on the menus.
X-O work for me but L1/R1 or L3/R3 don't work on the DFGT. Have not tried the T500 yet.

Mine are working fine. DFGT. Sure you guys have them mapped to be doing the things you're expecting them to do? The default mapping is different from GT5.

On my Fanatec CSR Elite I'm not getting function on either the R1/L1 (to work the pages of cars in the dealership, shifting is fine) or the brights switch for lights on any of my buttons.

You guys getting the low/high beams to work? Or are they supposed to work?

Since Fanatec isn't listed I don't want to go into the wheel menu and pick a wheel and start assigning buttons because there is no default to return to. I don't want to wind up like Stinger.

Last edited:
Mine are working fine. DFGT. Sure you guys have them mapped to be doing the things you're expecting them to do? The default mapping is different from GT5.
They are mapped to shift up/down, just like GT5. Talking about r1/l1.

Right, L1 and R1 are assigned to the back paddles yet the only time it doesn't work (so far) is when I try to use them for browsing cars and stuff like that. They do work in the races but the issue is the page scrolling on the menu's.

My X and O buttons arent working either. They work in the playstation start up screens but once you go into the game everything else but them work. Any help or ideas?

Patch v1.02 acknowledged L1/R1 on DFGT and T500 as well the DS3 when used the T500 was not working in the menus. Hopefully in the next patch

i fixed the X and O buttons. I just hooked the wheel up and loaded it up with GT5 and it seems to have recalibrated. Check the buttons are working in GT5 and they should be good to go in GT6

My game is now completely broken with this issue. It worked fine after the first patch but after this second mini patch I can no longer make any selections on menus. I've tried both my wheel and my 2 DS3's but neither allow me to use the X or O buttons.

If I press the PS button to bring up the XMB and then close it the game registers that as a selection for whatever option I have selected for some reason but that isn't exactly a solution.

I currently can't play the game at all
same problem here. just got my DFGT.

i fixed the X and O buttons. I just hooked the wheel up and loaded it up with GT5 and it seems to have recalibrated. Check the buttons are working in GT5 and they should be good to go in GT6
i will try this later. i hope it works.

Back