Drone in GT Sport E3 Trailer Gives Rise to Hopes of a New Spectator Mode

FPmaCqa.png

But seriously, While that would be awesome, I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

But seriously, While that would be awesome, I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill here.
At the moment, the PS website says that GTS will support 2-32 network players, while Kazunori suggested that the number of cars on track will be up to 20. That leaves 12 players who can't drive...

But if they could control a drone each... :D

It's clearly a camera mounted drone, as seen from the footage right after we see the drone itself. But if it is a replay camera drone (a la DiRT Rally) or if we can control it, remains to be seen. It would make sense what @Famine says, if the game can't hit a solid 60fps on PS4Pro even with 18(?) cars in the beta, imagine the big drop in fps with 32 cars on track! My money is on spectator drones.

Imo there will be no free drone control, otherwise there would be some funny drone into car events happening, I know I couldn't resist hitting a car or two with the drone :)

Imo there will be no free drone control, otherwise there would be some funny drone into car events happening, I know I couldn't resist hitting a car or two with the drone :)
That can be solved by not being allowed(a lock if you will) to fly lower than 2m off the ground, or just disable collisions between cars and drones. Which makes more sense than total freedom.

Oh, I can't wait for this!!! GT Sport is one of the most detailed and in depth games I've seen. I mean, most racing/simulation games obviously focus on physics and what's right in front of the user... but Polyphony Digital literally (pun intended) goes that extra mile to allow you to see every little trackside detail. That's what I love about GT. That's what helps make Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo.

*SHRIEKS* I want it now!

Why? Adam is asking the question just like us here in the forum.

We've seen glimpses of a drone camera in the replays in the beta.
Of course it can be asked, but it's also letting the imagination run wild. There are things in the trailer that we could ask the same question for. Will there be fog that looks like that in the trailer? Can we fly those jets and let streams of coloured smoke out? I could go on, but I'm just saying it's kind of setting people up for disappointment if it's not possible.

To me, a "spectator mode" or "drone mode" would just be extra sweet icing on the cake.

Having drones as dynamic scenery elements or objects as you race on the track would be pretty cool by itself, but much like the helicopter seen in the trailer, and the airliner seen in the screenshot, I think it is just for show/marketing. The tracks in general need more dynamic scenery objects that you can see, not out-of-LOD blimps that fly well above the track.

Why? Adam is asking the question just like us here in the forum.

We've seen glimpses of a drone camera in the replays in the beta.

Wait a minute, you have replay videos in the beta now?

Can someone please tell me more about the replay features? Like what are the options for the replay cameras? Does the replay camera have the Spin Camera where you can watch the replay video moving around the car?

Thanks!

Back