DROPFIVE Motorsports | KDFAlliance | [HOONIGAN]

• Thread starter SPANK
  • 13,153 comments
4 day weekend up ahead!! That means no golf and lots of drifting!!!!! I will actually have a lot of golf but the point is i will finally get to drift after a very busy week

In April of 2011, I randomly stumbled onto Google and found GTP. I saw threads for all of these teams and one caught my eye (can you guess which one?). So I filled out my registration form and started to drift with the current members and there were only 2. Spank and Stig, would go on to teach me everything I knew and needed to know about drifting (and even racing) on GT5, GTP, and even the real world. A couple weeks later comes Twist, who follows down the same path as me. He fills out the form and tries out and makes it. Little does he know, he's going to become the team manager in a couple months. Now, together we start to form this family called Drop5. We got members who came and went, but the members that stuck were allowed into this family. Of course I'm speaking of Zed, Kroks, and HumanDefinition. We bonded and had a chemistry that I don't think any other team had. If there was a drift event, we were there. If there were team meetings, everyone attended and even if they couldn't attend they had a better excuse than "GT5 is boring". That summer was the best summer I've had playing any game online. Same for Twist, we got to be apart of something bigger than our selves that contained a united community in a hobby that we all had in common.

Now, the dark side of things. This family is done. There isn't any chemistry between the OG members and the new guys that came in when some the OG members disappeared (myself included). Now, would it be hard for those members, old and new, to start a similar bond. No, not at all but as an OG member going into a room with the new guys and being looked at like "Who the **** are you" is tough. You start to get a sense that you are being replaced from this family and you don't feel like you're a part of anything anymore. In my eyes, this "family" is corrupted. People who claim to be on the team aren't in on the game half the time. But, if they're ever online, you can find them playing other irrelevant games. This is aimed at what I call "loose members", such as Zed and Kroks for a proper example. Why do I use the term "loose"? Because you guys are hanging on the team by a pinky just to claim that you're in it. You don't play GT5, you just whine and complain about how boring GT5 has gotten. Now, if that's what you intend to do then fine, but what is the point of doing it on GTP, a site for GT5. It just doesn't make sense to me. Who knows, maybe I'm only seeing things from my perspective. But, this is not the team I signed up for and it is no longer the family that it pretends to be.

On behalf of Twist and myself, we are saying goodbye to this family before our memories are tarnished by the current lack of familiarity that we were used to in the past 09-12 months. Twist and I aim to start our own team to create that feeling that we once had for Drop5, but allowing new people on GTP to experience the drift community the same way we did last summer. We believe that the experience of having an online team that you can be a part of as well as a family that you can relate to is a great experience and can cause someone to fall into the hobby of drifting just as Twist and I did.

We don't want to leave on a sour note and we aren't aiming to discredit Drop5 in any way. But, it is for the best. Not that it is any of my business, but ever since things in Drop5 have been getting worst everyone is stressed out. But the person that is stressed the most is you, Spank. Your life tends to reflect how good or bad things are on Drop5 and we, Twist and I, think that it would be best for you to focus on the things that matter most to you, ie. Your son. No, I'm not trying to say that you neglect people and things in your life. That's not what I'm saying at all, but what I am saying is that you should put your all into the things your life and stop wasting your charisma on the half-past-dead team.

I've basically typed up a life story, but just to get all of Twist and I's feelings across so that there aren't any assumptions or misconstrued thoughts of the members of Drop5 that this is aimed for. If Drop5, does rise up to that familial status that it attained last summer, me and Twist will be right there to cheer it on. Until then, we bid our adieus and have to say goodbye to a team that holds all of our good memories and changed GTP into a more competitive community. So, to Spank and the current, as well as, old members of Drop, Twist and I say thanks for the good times.

Sincerely, Killer & Twist

P.S. Blue and Green 4 Lyfe Yo! :D:sly:

Interesting turn of events! Best of luck twist and killer! Twist, make sure you use the lessons you've learned over the years. I'll miss being on a team with you

Edit: getting online in about 20 minutes if anyone's on

Second edit: Internet won't work :(

Third edit: Internet works now but nobody is on!

Fourth edit: Tonight = massive fail! nobody was on gt5. at least formula D starts tomorrow

Last edited:
risewithefallen
Interesting turn of events! Best of luck twist and killer! Twist, make sure you use the lessons you've learned over the years. I'll miss being on a team with you

Edit: getting online in about 20 minutes if anyone's on

Second edit: Internet won't work :(

Third edit: Internet works now but nobody is on!

Fourth edit: Tonight = massive fail! nobody was on gt5. at least formula D starts tomorrow

Ready for it to be to.orrow already. Its cold here by the coast!! But going to be epic

Yeah I having a grand theft auto binge. Kroks we should play sometime on there.

yea, we plan on launching it sunday I am at a friends at the moment but ill probably be on tonight killer and I wish the best of luck to drop 5.

silvia_s13_love
yea, we plan on launching it sunday I am at a friends at the moment but ill probably be on tonight killer and I wish the best of luck to drop 5.

Glad to see that gt5 hasn't gotten old for you.

My seats from Formula drift enjoy. Sorry for bad quality its recorded on my phone.

[Youtube]BHMzMQxlTWI[/media]

Found Spank! :lol: you and your brother chilling there ^^?

spankkkk.png

Back