(DRRTES) DRR's Team Endurance Series: Powered by MWMOpen 

• Thread starter Sinyster
  • 928 comments
Guys, no offense, but please make sure we have proper dates to do QP sessions.. I missed them because no dates we're initially announced..
Pay better attention to the thread next time.

Not all information is spoon fed onto the latest page of conversation.

Also, ask questions and speak up if concerned you've not seen something you think you should have already seen announced.

Cover your bases people, its simple logic.

Ok, to ALL TEAM MANAGERS, please report to me with your skype names so I may discuss an important subject with you all concerning the big race!

Guys, no offense, but please make sure we have proper dates to do QP sessions.. I missed them because no dates we're initially announced..
Your issue is indeed correct, we did not make a new post announcing information for QP as we have done in the past. We have always updated the original posts with new information for each race, but we have also made a new post in the thread to make it easier for everyone to get a hold of new information when it becomes available, and as such we apologise for not sticking to our usual protocol.

Usually if we are updating a large batch of info or making an important/late change to something we will update everyone via the thread, however small alterations of things can be updated that don't always warrant a post, so for most up to date info always check in on the original posts for all supplementary regulations.

Your issue is indeed correct, we did not make a new post announcing information for QP as we have done in the past. We have always updated the original posts with new information for each race, but we have also made a new post in the thread to make it easier for everyone to get a hold of new information when it becomes available, and as such we apologise for not sticking to our usual protocol.

Usually if we are updating a large batch of info or making an important/late change to something we will update everyone via the thread, however small alterations of things can be updated that don't always warrant a post, so for most up to date info always check in on the original posts for all supplementary regulations.
I must commend you Stigs, apologising on behalf of all race control.

I'll apologise for the passive aggressive attitude the other day... that said, I think the point I made still stands.

We know the general procedure and have a rough idea of when certain info should hit the shelves. Let's make a habit of being proactive, just takes one of us to say "hey we usually see post about X by now, any update?" or to scroll to the OP and quote the post ourselves saying "incase anyone missed this update, see X quote"...

I don't like seeing blame attributed to people for a problem we're all capable of fixing. We're all human after all. 👍

Thank you for the apology Stigs, putting qualifying this past weekened without notice kind of screwed things up a bit, but none the less I do appreciate the apology and hope things can be sorted out before the race. :)

Just a clarification of what is going on:

The Race has been shortened to 6 Hours in Duration.
Minimum Number of Driver Swaps is now 1.
Start time is still 19:00 UTC as originally planned.
In Game Local Time is 14:00 (2PM) as originally planned.

The Maximum Driving Time is 4 Hours for Silver/Bronze Drivers.
The Maximum Driving Time is 3 Hours for Platinum/Gold Drivers.
There is NO Minimum Driving Time.

All cars in the race are GTD Cars.
Teams with a Platinum/Gold Driver will be allocated to the Pro-Am Class.
Teams with only Silver/Bronze/Rookie Drivers will be allocated the Am Class.

Overall Results (Win, Podium, etc) can be achieved by either class due to both Pro-Am and Am classes sharing the same BoP within GTD.

If you have split your team of 4 into two cars, please run a different number/Colour for the second car, and if you wish to use a different Team Name for that car do so and inform us of the new Numbers, Colours and Team Names.

We would like to thank all the teams involved for modifying the event in a way we can get the best racing possible with the drivers who are available.

The Current Team List is:
Clockwork Motorsport __ Mercedes SLS GT3 __ (56, Black) - StormPacer17/The_Noir_Antares [Pro-Am]
MWM Racers Collective __ Mercedes SLS GT3 __ (13, Azurro Blue) - tanky1/THG-TS040 [Pro-Am]
Radio Le Banter __ Mercedes SLS GT3 __ (31, Gran Turismo Blau) - StigsTC/BlueXephos22 [Pro-Am]
Harsk Racing Series Community __ BMW M3 GT2 __ (24, Blue) - HarskGaming96/Tzanetos [Am]
Harsk Racing Series Community (TBA) __ BMW M3 GT2 __ (TBA, TBA) - epicgiratina/LITTLEBLACK0 [Am]
Speed Demon Motorsport __ Chevrolet Corvette Z06 __ (17, Orange) - RoadRageDudez/THG-Zebulin [Am]
Powerhouse Racing Team __ Chevrolet Corvette Z06 __ (18, Lime Green) - MonGnom/xXChrisWondersXx [Am]

Anyone wishing to field additional teams please let us know and we can arrange that.

Thanks everyone again and good luck for the race!

Last edited:
I would like to inform everyone here to please be sure to send in your final spotters guide images before the hour is up, if at all possible! I also shortly will be having a room open for practice, which will then turn into the main race room for everyone today. Refer to the skype chat if you need to get in contact with me further.

I know I'm in no place to ask considering how late I was, but are we getting a spotter's guide before the race begins?

I'll give it one last try, I'm afraid there's simply no point in constantly trying only to be let down.

Aside from a few Driver connection issues that was a bloody good race, thanks everyone for allowing it to happen.
Rough going @epic_apri_39 with the issues, we had similar issues with Xephos so we feel your pain mate.

Saw some fantastic on track action, Tzantenos and MonGnom battling to provide the most exciting passing and re-passing with some seriously close racing and insane moves (around the outside into T1!), Sinyster and tanky slipstream battling to try defend/get back on the lead lap, Chris Wonders running some fine pace at the start to be tricky to pass.
Also saw some just good thinking for Endurance racing with Zebulin, Harsk and RoadRageDudez being very polite when caught by faster guys, getting clear and getting back to running their laps, MonGnoM doing the same with his team mate after they followed each split by about 10 seconds for what felt like an hour as we waited to see if one would gain or the other would get away.
Apologies to Storm from me for binning it at Bus Stop with a couple of minutes left in our stint, great battle with you for the entire stint.

Congratulations to the overall Podium, looking forward to the next one with you all.

Such a fantastic race! MASSIVE THANKS to @Sinyster for pulling a team together with me, was great to run for DRR and keep that particular rivalry alive... shame I couldn't have Clockwork out there but things happened that needed a judgement call. Next time @Antares26? :)

The first few hours were crazy... switching from the SLS to the BMW with literally just enough time to throw on a tune and line up for the grid was insane, no recon laps for me!! Apologies to TS040 for the oversight into the Bus Stop, the closing speed plus losing all efficiency in the braking zone despite how far back I was from you in draft threw me completely. And Stigs, I'm just sorry I couldn't pull epic dodge #2 in that instance where we collected into Bus Stop, the first was close enough. XD

Hats off the the battles though, some REALLY intense moments from many guys, especially TZANETOS and MonGnom. Had that ballsy outside manoeuvre not been attempted I could have seen that fight happen for much longer than the few laps it did.

TZANETOS pulling that inside pass into the braking zone at Bus Stop when I was already far enough ahead was brave I'm glad I expected it because a massive roar of surprise filled my ears from the other guys on Skype call when it happened.

I have to say a very big well done to tanky1 and Sinyster for the spicy ending. 1 lap gained back from Tanky driving solidly, 1 laps lost from Siny for a moment of the opposite (much like my 2nd half of the race so no judgement there) but with a 6 second gap and half hour to go, Tanky and Sinyster put on their game face and Siny drove AMAZINGLY to keep the gap to 2 seconds before Tanky flaked.

Then the FINAL FINAL CORNER... 6 hrs of racing, the top 2 teams drafting down the back straight to the line, Sinyster in the lead, victoy in sight:
"SinysterPlague has left the room."

5 more seconds... 5 more seconds and the chequered flag would have dropped... so cruel.

Last edited:
Apologies to Storm from me for binning it at Bus Stop with a couple of minutes left in our stint, great battle with you for the entire stint.

I was just surprised that after all that happened... me getting 3 laps of damage and you getting that box and hold for track limits... it equated to us being seconds away from each other in those final minutes of our stints.

Had those two things not occured it almost seemed like the gap between us essentially would have been roughly 4-13 seconds for three hours.

Wasn't the best race from me even by my own standards. In hindsight shouldn't have swapped to a radically different set up day of the race. I practiced beforehand and presumed I'd learn more during the actual stints. Won't be doing that again. That being said Daytona is one of my bogey tracks along with Suzuka. Along with the incident with storm didn't make for a great race but I did at least get two good runs with quicker than expected laps. Thanks to @Tanky1for saving the day for #13

Had those two things not occured it almost seemed like the gap between us essentially would have been roughly 4-13 seconds for three hours.
And that exactly is why I love endurance racing. 3 hours of track time and split by under 10 seconds.
I got damage and then got the penalty for over-driving trying to compensate, which made up for your two damage stops earlier on. The early part of the stint where I made up time, then you made it back in the middle and at the end we were just both going 'fast as hell'.
That first dodge at the 2nd hairpin was pretty solid too, didn't expect you to pull that miracle off twice at the Bus Stop! You beat me today but it really could have gone either way, looking forward to the next one.

Shame I had to miss all of that, it looked like a lot of fun. Sorry for having you pull CWM out last minute @Storm_SP17, it would have been nice to try to mark the start and end DRRTES' GT6 run with a CWM victory. But really, big thanks to @Sinyster for sweeping in to make sure Storm still got to run.

I'll try my best to sort things out on my end for when GT Sport comes around, and hopefully by then, we can see a return to the series that's as great if not greater than when we started at Motegi.

Actually Noir, things maaaay not end there...

@StigsTC it'd be about 6 weeks before the next enduro right? With a Fun Cup in between?

We've got a few options we can look into... We've had GT300, One Make, VLN, Classic LMP/GTLM and now GTD... there's still some avenues and car/track combos to play with.

Actually Noir, things maaaay not end there...

@StigsTC it'd be about 6 weeks before the next enduro right? With a Fun Cup in between?

We've got a few options we can look into... We've had GT300, One Make, VLN, Classic LMP/GTLM and now GTD... there's still some avenues and car/track combos to play with.
Indeed there are, and I am always fiddling about to see what cars and track combos could work.

Though as for our next event, while it isn't finalized YET, we maaaay just be doing something interesting and bringing to the table a slew of Japanese AWD road cars!

Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI Evo VI

Last edited:
Back