(DRRTES) DRR's Team Endurance Series: Powered by MWMOpen 

• Thread starter Sinyster
  • 928 comments
Any sim racer here going to the REAL Rolex 24 at Daytona? Looking to meet some sim racers if possible :D

I think I'll be there on Saturday for some time, I actually live in Daytona. I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to go, I have a lot of work from my classes to complete, but I'll probably go anyway :P

Daytona is a bit of a stretch for ye ol' brit over 'ere... but if I can find something to listen to it on or watch then I'll give it a look, for sure!

Like that brit over there, it's gonna be quite difficult to be there seeing as I'm stuck in the Orient. A stream would be more than welcome, if anything.

One of my fondest memories last year was watching the stream for a combined total of 18 hours. I personally don't like watching just chunks of a race, because I like to know what happens at all points in it. It's why I can't bear to drive the 10 minutes from the speedway to my house without a stream going on my phone, because those 10 minutes could have been the 10 where the Deltawing crashed :( That was so sad.

I think I'll be there on Saturday for some time, I actually live in Daytona. I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to go, I have a lot of work from my classes to complete, but I'll probably go anyway :P

Sounds awesome! Just got back to the hotel after a good day of racing! Just get back to me if you'll be there!

The BoP to each car are as follows:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10
PP: 619 | Power: 450 bhp | Weight: 945 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: None

BMW E92 M3 GT2 '10 ('11 Base Model)
PP: 554 | Power: 455 bhp | Weight: 1,300 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: None

Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R '06
PP: 552 | Power: 440 bhp | Weight: 1,290 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: Differential, Drive Shaft

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
PP: 572 | Power: 420 bhp | Weight: 1,350 kg | Tyres: Racing HARD | Mods: None
Judging by the Lap Times in GTD and GTLM for the real Rolex24 at Daytona this year, putting our D24 cars between the 1:45 and 1:46 lap range in the race wouldn't be a terrible idea. Noticed that Corvettes are in GTLM, and BMW are in both.

I know there's been some changes to specs recently, perhaps adding 3-4% more power to the cars would raise the overall lap times by another second or so for the DRRTES D24. As for DPi, the Rolex24 laps see them doing 36's pretty nicely in the race. 5% more power and stock weight would probably put the car in that range or slightly quicker during the DRRTES D24 race.

Just an amazing D24 this year. @Chris Davison and I finally got our Dads to come along and they loved it. Rain was a pitty but it didn't ruin the event.

I need to figure out how to logistically do this race in February... Wife is out of town so I'm on baby sitting duty. Do we have estimated start times yet? 2:30 like the real deal?

Just an amazing D24 this year. @Chris Davison and I finally got our Dads to come along and they loved it. Rain was a pitty but it didn't ruin the event.

I need to figure out how to logistically do this race in February... Wife is out of town so I'm on baby sitting duty. Do we have estimated start times yet? 2:30 like the real deal?
Are you looking to run a Lightning Speed team? Or a general run out for anyone that wants you?

to make times a bit simpler, we plan to start at 2:00 PM (14:00) EST 👍

Just putting this out there...

Clockwork Motorsport are looking for a clean and consistent driver for the upcoming 24-hour event. Good pace obviously welcomed, but once cars are chosen for each teams I will need to see how well you can keep it on the black stuff.

Get in touch! :)

Clockwork Motorsport are looking for a clean and consistent driver for the upcoming 24-hour event. Good pace obviously welcomed, but once cars are chosen for each teams I will need to see how well you can keep it on the black stuff.

Seems the driver market is quite low for Daytona, surprising...

The market or the general interest/availability?

Coz if we're talking the market, maybe highlighting my need for a consistent driver has scared them all off... ;)

Might've found you a potential driver. Sent him link to this thread and your name :) hope to see CWM with a full team before the green!

I'm interested ;)

Back