(DRRTES) DRR's Team Endurance Series: Powered by MWMOpen 

• Thread starter Sinyster
  • 928 comments
if worse comes to worse, I might scrap the road car idea for the racing/tuner variants, i.e.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX GSR TC '05
Subaru Impreza WRX STi TC '12
Mine's Skyline BNR34 GT-R '06

if worse comes to worse, I might scrap the road car idea for the racing/tuner variants, i.e.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX GSR TC '05
Subaru Impreza WRX STi TC '12
Mine's Skyline BNR34 GT-R '06
Raicng/Tuner variants are better in my opinion.

I think that maybe we could split up in two classes...

Racing: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX GSR TC, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 TC and Subaru Impreza WRX STi TC '12;

Tuners: HKS CT230R '08 and Mine's Skyline BNR34 GT-R '06.

Raicng/Tuner variants are better in my opinion.

I think that maybe we could split up in two classes...

Racing: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX GSR TC, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 TC and Subaru Impreza WRX STi TC '12;

Tuners: HKS CT230R '08 and Mine's Skyline BNR34 GT-R '06.
An issue with that plan is the HKS isnt paintable or allowed to have numbers. Otherwise I'd probably do so. Also I think from here on out we will balance the field with same class cars, then divide it by team classification for the event

I know its a late post, but the race last night was quite amazing! I was put a lap down on my team car, and I was able to unlap myself and win the AM class by two laps with my teammate in second. Amazing job by the team to make this race win and 1-2 a reality, these guys nailed it. To score your first class win in online endurance racing is huge. Thank you @Sinyster @StigsTC @Peelster1 for organizing an amazing race / championship. SDM will be back for the next event :)

So to everyone here, I would like to ask if you all have a Discord account. I'm wishing to put together a server for our series where we can all communicate a little bit easier. Each team would have their own dedicated channel, as well as a main channel for everyone to talk to each other. More ideas will be fleshed out but I wish to see if everyone has an account or would be willing to make one.

So to everyone here, I would like to ask if you all have a Discord account. I'm wishing to put together a server for our series where we can all communicate a little bit easier. Each team would have their own dedicated channel, as well as a main channel for everyone to talk to each other. More ideas will be fleshed out but I wish to see if everyone has an account or would be willing to make one.

I have a few questions about it;

How does it fair better than skype?
Is it free?
How much do you recommend it?

How does it fair better than skype?
It's like a refined, clean version of TeamSpeak. You get all of the functionality of Skype minus video calls with the added organization of various servers and channels for different functions.
Is it free?
Yes.
How much do you recommend it?
9/10 - it's a good tool to have at your disposal, particularly for online endurance racing.

It's like a refined, clean version of TeamSpeak. You get all of the functionality of Skype minus video calls with the added organization of various servers and channels for different functions.

Yes.

9/10 - it's a good tool to have at your disposal, particularly for online endurance racing.

Thank you @Whitetail, I too use Skype for a racing series I participate in with other guys and we use Skype, I'll definiely recommend it.

FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE DISCORD AND WISH TO JOIN, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK
>> HERE <<

Just to make it clear, my intentions for this possible update is to transfer most of the communication between officials, TMs, and drivers alike to a more centralized location. While we will continue to use GTP as our "Official" database for announcements, stint photos, etc., the addition of using Discord will bring it all closer and easier to keep tabs on.

As Bambi has stated, Discord is a free app! There's versions for PC, Mac, Linux (I believe), as well as Android and iOS, so you can keep track of things on your phone as well if you have a smartphone.

I know I cannot make it a requirement, as that'd force people to have to do things, but I would like to highly recommend using it, as it can help make a lot of things run smoother in the future.

Keep in mind also that making an account is easy, and can be done in just a few short moments.

Last edited:
A reminder to Teams and Drivers to upload stint photos for the race. Without them we can't confirm a finishing position for your team.

I think that we could have 1 more car which could be the Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00.
We had discussed this before, but for a fun cup event, which is what this is going to be, we want to keep it to a single car, like we did with the Mazda Roadster Cup

So the race ended over a week ago now and we still don't have all Stint Photos.
I'm going to Finalise results based on what I have in the team chats and publish it once completed based on the info I have or receive in the time it takes to complete.

Our in-race lap count is INDICATIVE ONLY, results are based on official counts derived from Stint Photos for races that do not utilise Gran Turismo's built in race functions.

I think that we could have 1 more car which could be the Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00.
As Siny said, had a brief look into this. I'd have liked it but the guys made a valid point that they're built for one-make Cup Car events. Besides, it'd be nice to keep the Lupo's free for a future Fun Cup I reckon.

NEXT EVENT: 4 HOURS OF MOTEGI EAST

CAR: 2001 NISSAN MICRA mm-R CUP CAR

totally not bolding this text to see how many people notice this is an official announcement
2-hr splits for this right? Like the 90-minute splits for the Mazda Fun Cup event, only slightly longer...

I'm aware of on-off talks regarding a main event after it and what we'll pick, and also delays to results for Daytona... but... excited to know when dates for the fun cup are. I thought there was talks of a 3-week respite between events but don't hold me to that...

Last edited:
n9U5uxM.png

My connection in a nutshell

I'm very happy of our team having its first ever finished race at DRRTES, despite of us finishing last. :sly:
Your drivers had good pace, just the driver changed needed a bit of work :P
Looking forward to seeing you guys in the next one.

My connection in a nutshell
It may have had something to do with me having to host the lobby because Sin's game simply refused to host a room that day.
We've seen your connection stabilise in the past to get some clean running like at Bathurst, but its super weird how it just decides when it will/won't work. Really sucks to have you do all the testing and practice and have it undone by internet chucking a wobbly.

Your drivers had good pace, just the driver changed needed a bit of work :P
Looking forward to seeing you guys in the next one.
Thanks StigsTC.

We had a few problems, especially when my cousin from Lisbon had visited me and that Tzanetos took too long to do the driver change. But when Tzanetos finally went to the track, I had a feeling of a relief, because I thought that we wouldn't make it to the end. But we did it!

My team and I are looking forward to race in next endurance races as well! :cheers:

Back