DTM and Super GT Agree Unified Rules, Will Race Together in 2019Touring Cars 

Great news, but there’s still a lot of details I can’t find info on.

Super GT is an open aero development series, meaning teams update their aero package through the year, bring different configurations to different circuits, and in fact aero between two cars of the same manufacturer can be slightly different. Not so on DTM, everything is the same there. So how will this work for the joint meetings? Will the super GT cars revert to a standard aero package? Or will aero development be removed from Super GT?

Similar with tires. Super GT is an open tire war, DTM is not. What rubber will they race on for the joint meetings?

Lastly, the drivers. It says the joint meetings won’t have driver changes....so who from the Super GT teams gets to race? Or do they do one race each? If it’s one race each, that seems like a massive disadvantage to the Super GT guys, who would be getting 1/2 the seat time as their DTM counterparts.

Interested to see where this goes

Great news, but there’s still a lot of details I can’t find info on.

Super GT is an open aero development series, meaning teams update their aero package through the year, bring different configurations to different circuits, and in fact aero between two cars of the same manufacturer can be slightly different. Not so on DTM, everything is the same there. So how will this work for the joint meetings? Will the super GT cars revert to a standard aero package? Or will aero development be removed from Super GT?

Similar with tires. Super GT is an open tire war, DTM is not. What rubber will they race on for the joint meetings?

Lastly, the drivers. It says the joint meetings won’t have driver changes....so who from the Super GT teams gets to race? Or do they do one race each? If it’s one race each, that seems like a massive disadvantage to the Super GT guys, who would be getting 1/2 the seat time as their DTM counterparts.

Interested to see where this goes

I believe they plant to use one time Bop for each of the two races.

Oh i meant that they might race on the Nordschleife in the near future
either way i would like to see it dtm haven’t raced there in a long time

Last edited:
Back