DualShock Throttle/Brake Input

United States
United States
Hey folks!

Doesn’t seem to be a way to configure sensitivity for the triggers in the game itself, am I missing something?

Anyone know a way through system settings or something?

Gas - Confident in my throttle control on the controller, but half throttle - full throttle seems like a very small input difference, I feel like I could improve with some more variation in sensitivity.

Brakes - brake control into turns is really hard with the trigger, and slowly releasing brakes seems impossible to me. Said before it’s pretty intuitive for anyone in a real car with pedals, so I presume it’s the same in game.

The brakes is the much bigger issue for me. Tried playing with ABS but it seems like it doesn’t help, we’ll it helps me go straight into walls 8)

When really practicing it, my inputs on replay don’t seem to represent what I atleast THINK I’m doing. Becoming frustrating for sure!

Hope for a wheel set up one day when I got money to throw at the wall! My controllers triggers are rough to begin with so hope it helps a little when I get a new one.

Any insight or settings I’m unaware of!? Thanks! Goodluck

Gas - Confident in my throttle control on the controller, but half throttle - full throttle seems like a very small input difference, I feel like I could improve with some more variation in sensitivity.

Brakes - brake control into turns is really hard with the trigger, and slowly releasing brakes seems impossible to me. Said before it’s pretty intuitive for anyone in a real car with pedals, so I presume it’s the same in game.
This is the non-linear response in the game, it's non-linear in the same way with pedals. It works well for brake pedals with a rubber stop at the end where it needs a big difference in force to move it that last little bit where all the action is.

Abs set to default and the triggers are at 100% fully on at maximum 3/4 travel so gently gently does it 👍

Maybe that’s what it is for me on the throttle, where I simply don’t know where the max input is on the trigger 8)

edit -

Well after a few laps on the track after work, with this in mind for braking and accelerating... (I’m hitting the max, when I THINK I’m at 75%...ish)

everything is better. Lol.

thank you, you hit it right on the head.

now I’m gonna go relearn everything I thought i had gotten decent at lol -mindblown-

Last edited:
Back