Dying Light - Techland's other new game

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 204 comments
Sounds fun! So do you like return to a home base or are you endlessly walking around getting new items and completing missions?

Yeah, you have safe houses you can go to. You have to clear them out of zombies first but after that they can be used to sleep (to pass time), store items in your stash, and barter some items from a trader who will eventually camp out in the safe house. They're also good places to escape from a pursuit. Each area also has a couple central towns where most survivors live at.

Yeah, you have safe houses you can go to. You have to clear them out of zombies first but after that they can be used to sleep (to pass time), store items in your stash, and barter some items from a trader who will eventually camp out in the safe house. They're also good places to escape from a pursuit. Each area also has a couple central towns where most survivors live at.

Sounds well put together. Thank you for your help :cheers:

@Bjorn Lucas @Sureboss and @PureAlpha1206 Looks like all questions have been answered by @Techny 👍 One other thing though, you can play the game in two to four player online co-op also, either with friends or random players. You can play a vs mode as one of the Volatiles, if you have that DLC. Lastly, there are parkour challenges with leaderboards if you want to see how you stack up against other players.

@Bjorn Lucas @Sureboss and @PureAlpha1206 Looks like all questions have been answered by @Techny 👍 One other thing though, you can play the game in two to four player online co-op also, either with friends or random players. You can play a vs mode as one of the Volatiles, if you have that DLC. Lastly, there are parkour challenges with leaderboards if you want to see how you stack up against other players.

thanks for the comments :embarrassed:

i am doing a mission for somebody to close some valves,...
last valve/power station is in a kind of cage, to get there i have to open a door,. there are a ******** of zombies (normal, spitting and one big guy),..
did people solo this sidequest or did you do it in coop??

thanks for the comments :embarrassed:

i am doing a mission for somebody to close some valves,...
last valve/power station is in a kind of cage, to get there i have to open a door,. there are a ******** of zombies (normal, spitting and one big guy),..
did people solo this sidequest or did you do it in coop??
They should all be possible in solo mode, though odds are there could be a character death or two if things get fraught or a wrong choice is made.

Some missions early on are intense, due to your character level and of course the level design which makes the mission something you must do at night.

Until you get a crossbow, the big fellas are a pain alright and can seriously slow you down. Try various combinations against them, such as conducting fluid and an electric weapon, or flammable liquid and Molotovs. They are tough at first, but as Techny suggested, learning the map and how to tackle each particular type will see you through the early parts of the game.

Unless something is a timed mission, always remember that running away to recuperate is a valuable option. Give yourself room, don't get swamped and treat it like a survival situation. Stealth too is pretty handy and at various times you will be looking at ways to cloak yourself from the undead.

Just to prove that it's not all grim survival out there - here are some pictures from the Plants vs Zombies Easter egg:
Dying Light_20160317135618.png
Dying Light_20160317135205.png
Dying Light_20160317135855.png

Including mini-zombies
Dying Light_20160317140219.png

Anyone going for the community buggy bounty this weekend? http://dyinglightgame.com/bounties/ Extra boost available all weekend too.

EDIT: just over 500 racked up within a game day for me so far (I did drive through most of the night too) and you can punt the zeds quite far if you catch them right.

Last edited:
One day and one hour or so after the challenge opened, and the count is over double the target, maybe they'll give us more than the one paint job.

Temporary sale on the Enhanced Edition - up to 40% off on PS4.

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame?lang=en-gb

You've made me a happy Yellowbeard today with this post :D I'd completed the game, put it back on the shelf then ended up deleting it to make room for other games. I've somehow missed the fact that they'd done "The Following" dlc :eek: I'm now waiting impatiently for the 7 hours or so of updates to reinstall before I buy (and wait again for DL time) so I can get stuck back into a game I really enjoyed ..... should keep me busy until the postman brings No Man's Sky :sly:

Thank you :cheers:

You've made me a happy Yellowbeard today with this post :D
Glad to make you happy :) The Following is a pretty lengthy expansion and the buggies are superb fun to drive - even with playing nothing else, I think you'll be hard pressed to complete it before the 9th. The games are interchangeable too.

Have fun.

even with playing nothing else, I think you'll be hard pressed to complete it before the 9th.
Have fun.

I am, unfortunately, now a sole carer for someone terminally ill with cancer .... I don't get to leave the house very much and gaming is saving(ish lol) my sanity, so ..... challenge accepted :sly: :cheers:

I am, unfortunately, now a sole carer for someone terminally ill with cancer .... I don't get to leave the house very much and gaming is saving(ish lol) my sanity, so ..... challenge accepted :sly: :cheers:
My comiserations and respect - that's not an easy situation to be living in. I think playing games would be my sanity check too under similar circumstances.

Kudos and game on 👍

I discovered this game randomly. Never thought it would be good, but holy goodness... Easily the best Zombie game I've ever played. and overall one of the best AAA titles I've played in the past months.

I'm just level 12 so far. Few games have managed to grab me like Dying Light so far. It is so addictive. So well made, optimized, so technical. I love it!

Taking the amazingly fun Lacerator for a "spin!" HAHA!

I got this last week as the following enhanced edition (As it dipped under £20), I enjoyed the first couple of hours of the game far, far more than I did the demo. I think I was rarely fighting zombies compared to the demo, which was probably the key.

Looking forward to trying out the other DLC bits.

Do I need to finish main story before starting the Following?

I've just got a bow and it's quite awesome, saw that there's a Crossbow you can get on the Following.

Do I need to finish main story before starting the Following?

I've just got a bow and it's quite awesome, saw that there's a Crossbow you can get on the Following.
No, you can dive into that whenever you want, well, once you have done the first night-quest. Weapons found and that kind of thing are transferable and you can chop or change between both according to the devs.

I've got in to Old Town now, seems quite different to the Slums, starting to unlock more powerful weapons too, can see some swords available in shops when I level up, got a hunters machete right now, electrified and doing about 250 damage, getting better with head shots.

The fight with the demolisher in the Pit wasn't fun, I'm quite glad that it's health didn't return to normal in the 2-3 times I died whilst trying to fit it and virals.

Back