Dying Light - Techland's other new game

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 204 comments
I've got in to Old Town now, seems quite different to the Slums, starting to unlock more powerful weapons too, can see some swords available in shops when I level up, got a hunters machete right now, electrified and doing about 250 damage, getting better with head shots.
There are some great swords alright and when upgraded by game modification blueprints you can get some very high damage, enough to take down virals in a swipe or two.

The fight with the demolisher in the Pit wasn't fun, I'm quite glad that it's health didn't return to normal in the 2-3 times I died whilst trying to fit it and virals.
Yeah, that's a bad one and they can be a pain, but in Old Town at least you have more possibilities to avoid them

Last edited:
I've been quite into this lately. Looking forward to getting my internet back on the 21st so I can have a friend who's completed the game come and help me out as I'm stuck on the bolters and the UV bulbs bit.

I've been quite into this lately. Looking forward to getting my internet back on the 21st so I can have a friend who's completed the game come and help me out as I'm stuck on the bolters and the UV bulbs bit.
Is that the bridge mission for the bulbs? Here's a hint if you like:

If it's getting clear once you have them, you can zip-wire down to the platform beside the bridges main deck and simply jump over the side and into the sea then swim ashore - you also get a trophy for it

The bolters are a pain alright. If you've got The Following DLC though, you can pick up some weapons that will make things a bit easier, such as a crossbow and some damn fine Japanese cutlery. You can take The Following on at any time in the story and even jump back over to the main story whenever you wish.

Still, the 21st isn't too long to wait otherwise :)

PS_Messages_20170617_215024.jpg

NSFW? :lol:

This game was the best what I played in my life, alongside GT, and...
Pro Street. No laugh allowed.

"Dying Lunch"
Gods, that Dying lunch part - I can really imagine that kind of thing happening.

Wow, excellent news, I haven't played it in ages. I'd best get it installed on the ps4 pro and get downloading :D
Thanks for the heads up :cheers:
Still eight more DLC to come after this too :D

Last edited:
So I started playing again last night after the update hit. I went to the board and took the bounty mission but ran around for a while but didn't come across anything new. Am I missing something?

So I started playing again last night after the update hit. I went to the board and took the bounty mission but ran around for a while but didn't come across anything new. Am I missing something?
I've not gone to the bounty board for the Fenris Axe, pistol and blade yet. Apparently you'll see a mission/bounty there called Bloodlust:

The other DLC can be found in Old Town, south along the coast (the promo trailer should play when you launch the game.)

In other news, also sneakily added in via the update, a George Romero tribute mural and shrine found just above Jaffar's garage.

Dying Light_20171018172153.png
Dying Light_20171018172207.png
Dying Light_20171018172216.png

I've not gone to the bounty board for the Fenris Axe, pistol and blade yet. Apparently you'll see a mission/bounty there called Bloodlust:

The other DLC can be found in Old Town, south along the coast (the promo trailer should play when you launch the game.)

In other news, also sneakily added in via the update, a George Romero tribute mural and shrine found just above Jaffar's garage.

View attachment 681415 View attachment 681416 View attachment 681417

Cool! Thanks man.

It's really weird to see this game basically resurrected (yeah yeah, I know) after seemingly having been abandoned by Techland.

Not that it is a big problem, Dying Light is a great game, but still, it's weird.

It's really weird to see this game basically resurrected (yeah yeah, I know) after seemingly having been abandoned by Techland.

Not that it is a big problem, Dying Light is a great game, but still, it's weird.
It's a welcome departure from what happened with Dead island, which wasn't bad but could have had further missions added via new DLC too and also some of the glitches did get irritating. Though now they are a bigger studio, things can be supported more. It also helps having a bigger publisher than Deep Silver who have subsequently failed to use Techland's work to bring out Dead Island 2 via another, quite capable developer.

Went for a night-time paddle from the camp north of the slums back to EXPcaliber rock. Lots to find deep down under the bridge and along the way.
Dying Light_20171024162818.png
Dying Light_20171024162859.png
Dying Light_20171024162946.png
Dying Light_20171024163401.png
Dying Light_20171024163422.png
Dying Light_20171024163612.png
Dying Light_20171024163807.png

Missed it by two months or so but Dying Light is three years old now. They released content drop #3 in February which was three new characters and more MP stuff as well as community event for St Valentines.

Content drop #4 is just out with a patch to include the following:

Prison Heist: new area for solo or co-op for free.

Chinese and Korean language support.

Easter Bunny community event - catch the Easter Egg skinned zombies to collect the reward.

Dying Light: Bad Blood is also upcoming - a Battle Royale style mode in MP.

Last edited:
Back