E-brake

MdnIte
The reason your losing speed is because your holding the e-brake for too long. It may to you, seem quick but if your losing speed, you know your holding it too long.

The only time I actually use the e-brake is when I am only slightly understeering. And when I do, I just tap on the e-brake button. If I'm at a point where I'm holding on to it for more than a tap, I call it a total mess up and don't even bother trying to save the drift because holding the e-brake does not produce good results for me.

like mentioned above i use the handbrake to initiate my FF drifts, I never need to hold it long, just a tap or two to get it started. but other than FF cars, the e-brake in GT4 has proven to be useless to me.

Sloth.7SL
Since I don't have an emergency brake at my side, I would be forced to resort to pushing the circle button on the wheel, which could be in any number of locations, making it virtually impossible to use 100% effectively.

I just put a normal DS2 Controller next to the shifter and so I can tap the E-Brake should I need to without worrying about its location on the wheel. :sly:

MdnIte
That's where you mess up TO7N.

Yup, E-Brake only drifting is boring (to me), and unskillful; when you use the EB through the whole turn it just comes down to your countersteer, and that's a skill we all learned in the beginning (one should hope so).
But using EB to iniate a drift is very useful when it comes to cars with a significant amount of understeer.

Not E-Braking,

</Vin>

there is nothing wrong with using the e-brake, even the all pro d1gp drifters use the ebrake sometime. i use it when i am entering a corner but i am not at a high enough angle to where i can pull of a drift, so i just give the ebrake a tap to give the tail to slide out a little bit more. i also use it when i screw up and my car is understeering like crap.

Drifter5
there is nothing wrong with using the e-brake, even the all pro d1gp drifters use the ebrake sometime. i use it when i am entering a corner but i am not at a high enough angle to where i can pull of a drift, so i just give the ebrake a tap to give the tail to slide out a little bit more. i also use it when i screw up and my car is understeering like crap.

For understeer purposed it's fine, but in GT4 it's not necessary with most of the cars in the game tho.

</Vin>

Back