E-Cigarettes and Vaping Thread

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
At the request of a PM I received I thought I'd post this here for everybody. I realize that there are some people who may be interested in e-cigarettes but don't know much about them. They range from mild to wild and everything in between. There is a perfect model for everyone out there unless of course you don't or never have smoked before ;) After years of searching for the perfect model (only because I started using them when the designs were very crude) the modern e-cig has eveloved enough that I have finally left the real cigarettes behind and am not bothered by it at all (unless I've had way too much to drink :lol:)

Below is the setup I currently use and has served me VERY well. I chainsmoke this thing all day long at my desk and it just keeps going. It is quite a bit more advanced than the disposable units you would find in a gas station :lol: as such it will also be MUCH cheaper to use and last far longer and work WAY better.

picture.php

Breaking this down for people who may not know how they work or have never seen these before:

1. Obviously the assembled unit

2. E-Liquid. This is often referred to as "smoke juice" and is the tobacco replacement. It is made of either propylene glycol (NOT ethylene glycol like coolant!), or vegetable glycerine (or a mixture of both), flavoring, and niccotine if you chose. Niccotine levels are variable (0mg to about 24mg) and almost literally any flavor you can imagine (and some you can't). This morning I mixed a little esspresso into my Menthol ;)

3. Coil base assembled unit. Replaceable/Rebuidable.

4. Coil Head. Replaceable/Rebuildable. The coild is what heats up the E-Lquid and converts it to water vapor that is the "smoke".

5. Assembled tank unit. As you can see at the bottom the coild unit and base are screwed onto the tank after it is filled with liquid.

6. Rechargeable battery.

I custom built this one from different parts that I considered to be the best I could find for what I like.

The coil and tank assembly are a Kanger T3S which cost about $8.00. Coil heads are replaceable for about $1.50 each or rebuildable for about $0.10 each if you're willing to do it.

The E-Liquid is a 10ml bottle of 11mg Menthol which cost about $5.00 and is probably the equivelant of 4-5 packs of cigarettes (20pk).

Batteries range greatly. The green battery pictured is a standard "eGo" 650mah battery that costs about $14.00. The stainless steel one is a variable voltage "eGo" battery that cost me about $18.00. Variable voltage can change the amount of vapor produced and to a lesser extent the flavor and strength of "feel".

A battery charger is about $6.00

So to sum it all up if you wanted to build the same as I have pictured it would cost approximately $33 +shipping (there are also premade starter kits for about the same) to start out. After that all you really need to buy for maintenence items are the E-Liquid and an occassional coil head (or rebuild it).

Below are some links to places I buy things. I am in no way affiliated with these companies and make no profit or receive compensation in any way or receive for providing these links or selling any product for them. I am posting them soley for informational purposes. If this goes against the AUP please remove or send me a message and I will do so.

House of Vapor E- Liquid or MadVapes E-Liquid
T3S Tank/Coil kits
eGo style batteries
Battery chargers

If anyone has questions let me know and I'll try to help as much as I can.

E-cigarette are significantly less bad than actual cigarettes though and provide a really good way to help people quit smoking completely. E-cigarettes are how I quit once and for all and I highly recommend them anyone looking to quit.

Now whenever I get a random urge I just smoke a think of water vapor through it with zero nicotine in it. Works surprisingly well since I'm just tricking my brain.

I never really got into it. I'm a 20 a day smoker, and pretty heavy ones at that. I took up the efag for a few weeks but it wasn't doing it for me. Shame reaslly as I quite liked the taste of it.

@Ellis - this may be true and good for you for I'm guessing never doing it? Some of us got sucked in and any even slightly safer (not to mention far leas expensive) alternative is a good thing. There are over 600 chemical compunds created when burning a modern cigarette. In electronics there are 10 chemicals, period. Then again it seems the leading cause of cancer these days is simply having a heartbeat.

@Joey D - amazing isnt it?

@W3HS - The thing about it is you have to get the right combination to have the same sensation. I wouldn't give up on it. Was the one you tried a simple disposable? One of the key things is the amount of vapor produced, second is the amount of niccotine in it. More niccotine will produce a stronger feel like real "fags". More vapor makes it seem more like a real one too.

The cheaper ones just cant match what the ones like I have can do. The one I have produces huge clouds of "smoke" ;-)

In fact I got to the point where I actually liked these better and thus how I quit smoking the really deal. I was about 40/day and just decided not to have another one one day.

Last edited:
Well, I went out today and bought a kit. I purchased the Kanger EVOD. It comes complete with (2) e-cigarettes, (5) atomizers (coil head), a USB plug and a standard wall plug. The kit was $69.95. Now, what flavors ? I opted for Baked Apple, Kahlua, Black Cherry. These are normally $7.95 per 7oz. bottle, I was able to get (3) for $20. It was going to be like $97+ change as a total. The clerk was kind enough to offer 10% off which dropped it down to $87 + change, still not bad, considering a carton of Marlboros are running $56.00.

So the first day with it, I can honestly say, I can already see a difference. Turn on the e-cig, take a couple of hits, shut it off, good to go. I have no desire to really want a real cigarette. It works, it really does work !!!

ecig3_zps299a2f79.jpg

ecig2_zpsf2193aef.jpg

ecig1_zps2a3fb66f.jpg

*special thanks to smskeeter23 for this thread and his vapors thread*
*seeing it / them gave me that added boost / willpower to help make my decision to give up cigarettes*

Same here, I bought one myself because the smoke shop I went to buy tobacco at had them on sale for about the cost I'd be looking at for my usual can. So I said "Eh, why not." So far so good, I'm down to like... 4 cigarettes a day and lots of vape. Lungs feel a good bit better, which is a plus.

^
Have you also noticed that food has taken on a different taste ... for the better.

A lot of my buddies have them and like them. I'm a very rare smoker so when I use one of their e-cigs I get pretty buzzed. Those things are serious!

They also make me cough every time. Apparently water is harsher than smoke.

Ahhh got dammit.

I SELL THESE.

I probably don't sell them to the states though, as that would be expensive shipping.

Smoking evolved.
Now we Vape.
It is the way of things.
No smelly clothes, no smelly cars, no nasty teeth, more money in our pocket, something weird for people to ask about when you use it, etc etc.
The best thing about them is the industry made one or two different threads on their batteries, so everything is interchangeable, no matter who you bought it from.
It's like buying a Honda, and then going through the 1000 or so engines available that will fit it, and deciding how much power you want.
Shem, finding an E-cig that suits you is as tricky as finding a brand you want to smoke for life.
It doesn't instantly happen, you have to try a few. 👍
Did you know you can alter the nicotine strength in the liquid?
Did you know you can alter the viscosity of the Liquid?
Did you know you can alter the natural ingredients in the liquid?
Did you know you can alter the battery voltage you use to vaporise your liquid?
Did you know you can alter the atomiser you use to vaporise your liquid?
Did you know you can alter the way in which the liquid is vaporised via several different feed methods to the atomiser?

All of those things have an effect on how it tastes, and how effective it is FOR YOU.

I can recommend Virgin Vapour for the best E-liquid. (Californian site)
And of course, my shop for the best awesomeness.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nicksfix - Awesome man! Ya I use Kanger stuff too and it seems to work great. Like I said it's truly the design I was apparently waiting for to be able to quit.

Monatsende
These E-Cigarette pictures to me look like drug kitchen pictures. :ill::scared:

It does kinda look like that :lol:

I should post a picture of the little case I take with me everywhere. I always make jokes about feeling/looking like some sort of drug addict.

@VEXD - I believe it is against the AUP to post links to or promote the sale of items you profit from in the general forum. There is a trading section where it is allowed though. I would imagine you could start a thread there and post a link back to it here...

@VEXD

That's fine if the person is on your side of the pond. 👍

Stateside, E-Cignificance is the ticket from what I am seeing and hearing from others who are also on the e-cigarette. The variety of options, flavors they offer is amazing. They offer anything from Marlboro, Winston flavors to Menthol flavors for those not wanting to go the flavorful route. For those seeking the flavors that are available, check this out.

Once opened, click the tab that says "Flavors" .... pretty cool.

5 days, no desire at all to smoke a real cigarette.

Nicksfix
@VEXD

That's fine if the person is on your side of the pond. 👍

Stateside, E-Cignificance is the ticket from what I am seeing and hearing from others who are also on the e-cigarette. The variety of options, flavors they offer is amazing. They offer anything from Marlboro, Winston flavors to Menthol flavors for those not wanting to go the flavorful route. For those seeking the flavors that are available, check this out.

Once opened, click the tab that says "Flavors" .... pretty cool.

5 days, no desire at all to smoke a real cigarette.

Great job on quitting the real smokes Nick 👍

I gotta say though $8/10ml is a bit pricey for the juice. Checkout madvapes.com I get my stuff there for $8/30ml and the selection is as diverse if not more so.

Great job on quitting the real smokes Nick 👍

I gotta say though $8/10ml is a bit pricey for the juice. Checkout madvapes.com I get my stuff there for $8/30ml and the selection is as diverse if not more so.

Thanks 👍
$8 for juice (lasts a week) -vs- $6 per pack of cigs. per day .... EPIC WIN for the juice.

Thanks for the madvapes tip, I'll hit it up for sure. I've not had a cigarette since starting this, not even a desire to light one up. This stuff works !!!

I will say this though. This past weekend we were out and about with some friends. I was asked if I wanted a cigarette .... nope, nope, nope. However, just for kicks and giggles, my bud (who smokes) fired one up. I took 1 hit, just to see something ..... OMFG !!!! :yuck: Horrible taste from that cigarette, I just about got half ass sick, from just 1 hit. And it was the brand I used to smoke ... Marlboro Lights.

Done with cigarettes ...... done, done, done.

Thanks 👍
$8 for juice (lasts a week) -vs- $6 per pack of cigs. per day .... EPIC WIN for the juice.

Thanks for the madvapes tip, I'll hit it up for sure. I've not had a cigarette since starting this, not even a desire to light one up. This stuff works !!!

I will say this though. This past weekend we were out and about with some friends. I was asked if I wanted a cigarette .... nope, nope, nope. However, just for kicks and giggles, my bud (who smokes) fired one up. I took 1 hit, just to see something ..... OMFG !!!! :yuck: Horrible taste from that cigarette, I just about got half ass sick, from just 1 hit. And it was the brand I used to smoke ... Marlboro Lights.

Done with cigarettes ...... done, done, done.

Congrats!!!

On a side note I've found an even better source for the liquid... hoosierecigs.com and they're shipping is FAST!

I too have tried a puff or two here and there and it's reminded me each time painfully why I don't smoke anymore.

3 months on Friday and this time I've got it licked for good :)

Congrats!!!

On a side note I've found an even better source for the liquid... hoosierecigs.com and they're shipping is FAST!

I too have tried a puff or two here and there and it's reminded me each time painfully why I don't smoke anymore.

3 months on Friday and this time I've got it licked for good :)

3 months ... good for you. 👍

I'll check out the hoosiercigs.com site as well, thanks. 👍 There is a local place around here called Cheap Tobacco, they are pretty competitive / even beating some of the others prices for liquids. I've went there and bought some, 3 for $15, not bad, lots of flavors as well.

It's been 7 weeks for me now, not 1 cigarette or even the desire for one. And, I feel a hell of a lot better, food tastes better, just overall better all the way around.

These things do work !!!

Guys guys guys.

www.virginvapour.com

All you'll ever need.
The money goes on the quality.
Try a bottle of Blueberry through something with a strong batt attached to it, and see where I'm coming from.
Even I Vape nothing else, and I have to import that 🤬.
Which means I pay for the Liquid, then I pay for the shipping, then I pay when it comes here and the Customs guys won't let it in without me paying to.
It's worth it.

:irked:👍

This is my mechanical mod setup. It is a Sentinel m16 mod, with a Trident V12 atomizer. My trident is drilled out, and sub-ohmed to .2 ohms with dual 28 gauge A1 Kanthal wire coils. I run Sony vtc4 batteries, and I also vape my own 100% VG and nicotine free ejuice. I can blow huge clouds with this setup and I'm really happy with it.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I've gotten myself an eCom as my first ecig, and can't find a non-Joyetech tank for the life of me. The battery is a bit on the proprietary side though.

I don't smoke and don't vape but my old man does. He's got a lot of different thing and mixes his own juice. His main stay is a Pro-vari with loads of different tank mods and tips etc. He's been hooked for the last 2 years since he got Kidney Cancer and his doctors told him to stop smoking.

Never heard of sub-ohm before (I don't vape, but I"ve tried it), but now that I've looked it up, I'm uncomfortable with that particular aspect being on this board, as, though it's not illegal, it's potentially pretty dangerous. (danger, on an automotive forum? :lol: ) So, please, keep in mind we'll have general enthusiasts and newbies reading this thread. 👍

Like I said, I don't vape, but I've tried it. It's not for me, but it's infinitely more acceptable than cigarettes, because you don't get the smell of pure lung cancer coming up your nostrils while you take a puff. And yes, despite being a total non-smoker, I've vaped nicotine and found it very enjoyable.

Please, continue!

Latest Posts

Back