EA Sports WRC: Wheel & Controller settings

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 41 comments
Just a quick update on my Fanatec H pattern shifter problem,on Xbox series x
If you start the Xbox and game up with the shifter set to H pattern it will work perfectly, Hope this help’s someone else,

Well, I've been testing certain configurations, both as those that you have passed me and those that I have been testing myself.

These are my settings

FFB: on
Torque: between 40 and 50
Wheel friction: 30
Type friction: 25
Suspension: 25 or 30
Type slip: 20 or 25
Engine: 5
Collision: 5
Soft lock: 100
Steering center: off

All settins trueforce in 10 or 15

This setting seems to me lighter even when running on asphalt, you feel the inertias of the car more or less real.

On the steering wheel I have

Torque: 11nm
Tf audio 10
Ffb filter: 11
Dumper: off
Rotation: 1080º Rotation: 1080º

Please let me know how it goes and your impressions if you use my settings.
I noticed that if you set the ffb to more than 50% in the game, it feels too heavy and hard to drive, I refuse to think it is a realistic feeling.

My settings are as close to a real car as you can get.
Logitech g pro racing wheel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Can someone explain to me the difference between wheel and tyre friction settings?
IMG_0952.png

Good morning all, my Fanatec shifter will not work in H pattern mode on Xbox series x, its perfect in sequential mode,has anyone else got this problem,it won’t recognise input even in the binding screen, any answer’s or help much appreciated,thanks
I have a PS5:
My Fanatec Shifter does also not work in H-Pattern Mode. The games does recognize the gears (In the main Controller Settings screen, where you see the current inputs, the current gear is displayed but in the car there is no reaction.

Additional issue I have with all older Cars, that have H-Pattern Shifters:
The cars behave always as if the clutch was pressed. Free reving and no acceleration.
Modern cars that come with a sequential shifter do not show this issue…

On PS5 for me to get H-Pattern and Sequential to work, I head to the difficulty settings and change between ‘Sequential’ and ‘H-Pattern’ depending on which I’m using.

It’s a very manual process but I haven’t found any other way. I’ve got Thrustmaster equipment.

I have a PS5:
My Fanatec Shifter does also not work in H-Pattern Mode. The games does recognize the gears (In the main Controller Settings screen, where you see the current inputs, the current gear is displayed but in the car there is no reaction.

Additional issue I have with all older Cars, that have H-Pattern Shifters:
The cars behave always as if the clutch was pressed. Free reving and no acceleration.
Modern cars that come with a sequential shifter do not show this issue…
I’ve found a work around to get it working,
Before starting up my Xbox or wheel ,put the shifter into H pattern mode,then start the Xbox,then turn on my wheel,start up the game then from the dashboar start the game,but don’t have it in quick resume, it will then work normally and you can swap between h pattern and sequential as you please,this is on Xbox but hopefully it will work for you on PlayStation as well,
Edit,the free reving and no acceleration is because it won’t except a gear unless it had gone into h pattern mode,good luck 🍀

Last edited:
I got it working now.

This having to switch between "Manual Sequential" ans "Manual H" in the settings each time you change the cars is indeed a bit odd.

The issue where I could not start is a bug with the handbrake. I had to set a Deadzone for the Handbrake even though the handbrake did always show 0 in the settings when i do not pull the lever.

Back