EA wins "Worst Company in America" award by Consumer Reports

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 122 comments
  • 12,695 views
Who did it FIRST? EA with the NFL in '05. 2K at least had an out for the first parties(Sony and Microsoft) to make a baseball game and make it a competitive market for baseball games. Only Sony took up that offer with 2K and MLB. All MS had to do was shove the same amount of money in front of 2K and MLB and they would enjoy the same first party rights as Sony.

EA's NFL deal has no such clause.
 
Interner voters usually means people who spend inordinate amount of time either playing games or shifting through porns. I don't think most of them think anything beyond the scope of these two activities.
 
Who did it FIRST? EA with the NFL in '05. 2K at least had an out for the first parties(Sony and Microsoft) to make a baseball game and make it a competitive market for baseball games. Only Sony took up that offer with 2K and MLB. All MS had to do was shove the same amount of money in front of 2K and MLB and they would enjoy the same first party rights as Sony.

EA's NFL deal has no such clause.

Exclusive licenses in video games have been around forever, people just get pissy because EA was smart enough to reach deals with companies people actually want in their games. Sure it makes them look bad to a few people on the Internet, but how well does Need for Speed, Madden, FIFA etc. sell regardless of quality.

If people want to get mad they should be mad at the NFL, Porsche and FIFA as they are the ones that agreed to it. As long as they are making money from the deal they aren't going to give a damn.

Anyways, I'm done with this, you obviously have an issue with EA and obviously refuse to budge even the slightest. Have fun being angry.
 
Interner voters usually means people who spend inordinate amount of time either playing games or shifting through porns. I don't think most of them think anything beyond the scope of these two activities.

This thread will explain why EA was even in that competition to begin with.

Exclusive licenses in video games have been around forever, people just get pissy because EA was smart enough to reach deals with companies people actually want in their games. Sure it makes them look bad to a few people on the Internet, but how well does Need for Speed, Madden, FIFA etc. sell regardless of quality.

If people want to get mad they should be mad at the NFL, Porsche and FIFA as they are the ones that agreed to it. As long as they are making money from the deal they aren't going to give a damn.

Anyways, I'm done with this, you obviously have an issue with EA and obviously refuse to budge even the slightest. Have fun being angry.

It is you who has the problem, sir. Game exclusives have always been there, fair enough, but to go as far as saying that the NFL, Porsche and FIFA has reached exclusivity deals(BTW, FIFA did not agree to an an exclusivity agreement. They have competition in PES) and that has been the norm since forever is going way out of line. You take the fact that the NFL and Porsche are exclusively locked to EA games and can not be undone is like saying you can not have peace between the Hatfields and the McCoys. Microsoft did sub-license the Porsche license for Forza 4 from EA by dumping a lot of money in front of them, what will stop Sony and Microsoft to do the same thing with the NFL license? And be successful?
 
Last edited:
Well deserved award EA, although it should have been the world, and not just America. :)
 
Good on 'em! Maybe now they'll be even more 🤬! I didn't think they were bad enough already...

EDIT: Well, now I think about it, really they are still a company. All you that play Need for Speed should agree, they're not the worst... maybe I just feel bad for saying '🤬'... meh.
 
Justin
So, nothing?

Really?

What point were you trying to make in the post I quoted? I took your thought just one step further. Having one company making NFL games is not good for the NFL nor gamers. Having their precious football game locked to one console (like the Wii) would not be good for the NFL or gamers.

I know your thoughts moved onto something else. But you really never had the notion of how bad it would be if the official NFL game was isolated to one console?
 
There is no way EA is worse than AT&T or Comcast. At least the stuff I buy from EA works and some of the games are decent. I honestly can't think of anything redeeming about AT&T or Comcast other than maybe the modem AT&T gave me looks sort of nice on my desk.

One of the major issues I can see is that you don't buy things from EA. You rent them, believing you've bought them. This makes them a very different kind of evil than, say, Halliburton - who don't lock you out of your car for 72 hours because they own your fuel and you were rude about them on the internets.

They're not exactly alone in this, but certainly amongst the leading parties pushing to make this situation the norm.
 
I don't know, AT&T feels the need to make my unlimited data plan unusable after 3GB of data. At least I get what I pay for with EA stuff, clearly I don't get what I pay for with AT&T. I'll be so happy when my contract is up so I can take my business elsewhere.
 
Joey D
I don't know, AT&T feels the need to make my unlimited data plan unusable after 3GB of data. At least I get what I pay for with EA stuff, clearly I don't get what I pay for with AT&T. I'll be so happy when my contract is up so I can take my business elsewhere.

You apparently have Internet at home. Your mobile devices should be on wifi when your at home. Do you have a buttload of apps running in the background? Do you use YouTube to listen to music (as way too many people do)? Video streaming inhales data.

My wife used up almost 2 gigs of data in less than a week. She uses Internet radio apps instead of the music on her phone. My daughter goes to sleep with Pandora running. My daughter is one of those people who use YouTube as a music player! If they (or friends of mine who have similar habits) go over the limit, I look at it like paying a "stupid tax". Emphasis on "stupid".

I don't think AT&T, Verizon, nor T-Mobile should be throttling data. Sprint doesn't have as many users inhaling data like the other networks do. Neither do Virgin Mobile nor Boost. They can afford to give truly unlimited data.
 
:lol: That's your defense of AT&T? They have more users so of course they can't afford to give what their customers pay for?
 
Just my two cents, i've enjoyed a lot of EA games over the past 25 years or so (yikes) but in my experience they have got to kinda stink in the last few years. Firstly, ensuring a hugely famous marque such as Porsche is entirely exclusive to their games just felt like such a cynical move and it's still a little scary for us genuine car and driving game fans, though thankfully this kinda precedent doesn't seem to have been followed thus far.

It showed little or no regard to the consumer and scoffed at the notion of healthy competition (funny that, perhaps they think their product doesn't stand up against the likes of PD or Turn 10), and was merely a cynical ploy to rake in the $$$. No way of dressing that one up.

Of course they've done exactly the same thing on numerous occasions, with the likes of the FIFA franchise, though I do wish Konami would get their act together so the PES series can win back the title of the best soccer game around.

My most recent "run-in" with EA and their questionable money-making tactics was when I got Shift 2 as effectively a freebie with my Playstation Plus membership. Firstly, whilst I still manage to somehow enjoy the game, the PS3 controls are shocking, as there is a constant input lag of about 0.5 seconds. In other words, drive in a straight line then tap the stick and see how long it takes for the car to move left or right. I believe some kind of update/patch was mooted but it would seem EA thought it a better plan to kinda hope it all blew over, and continue selling a bugged product. Ick.

However worst still, and this was alluded to earlier in this thread, is their knack for dressing up paid-for unlocks as DLC (see Shift 2 again). This is, quite simply, appalling. I guess more fool (some of) us for paying them to unlock content that is already in the game, but as a cynical marketing ploy and blatant cash cow, it still beggars belief. Money for old rope indeed.

Anyway, that's me done. Award well deserved I think, and the infantile response they gave speaks volumes.

Incidentally, for those who asked where Capcom or Ubisoft were, you seem to be assuming all software publishers are American. Perhaps there are equivalent awards in Japan or France though. :)
 
Last edited:
You apparently have Internet at home. Your mobile devices should be on wifi when your at home. Do you have a buttload of apps running in the background? Do you use YouTube to listen to music (as way too many people do)? Video streaming inhales data.

My wife used up almost 2 gigs of data in less than a week. She uses Internet radio apps instead of the music on her phone. My daughter goes to sleep with Pandora running. My daughter is one of those people who use YouTube as a music player! If they (or friends of mine who have similar habits) go over the limit, I look at it like paying a "stupid tax". Emphasis on "stupid".

I don't think AT&T, Verizon, nor T-Mobile should be throttling data. Sprint doesn't have as many users inhaling data like the other networks do. Neither do Virgin Mobile nor Boost. They can afford to give truly unlimited data.

I do run my phone on wi-fi when I'm at home, but it doesn't work that way when I'm in the car or at work. Listening to a Spotify play list all day at work really adds up the data usage. Or I just drove to Columbus, OH, which was almost 4 hours and I made another Spotify list for the drive down. I also get SiriusXM on my phone as well, along with Pandora and TuneIn Radio.

AT&T pretty much told me that they couldn't keep up with the demand for data which is why they throttle, and my response to that was "does it look like I care you guys had a poorly laid out business model?" AT&T is the worse company out there and only slightly edges out Comcast.

Oh and my favorite part when I attempted to argue that AT&T was in breech of contact by throttling my unlimited data plan to unusable speeds was that they still were offering me unlimited data, they never said anything about it being usable. I mean it is like if you leased a car that gave you unlimited and after 3,000 miles the car wouldn't go over 25mph. That business practice wouldn't fair to well and I don't know why people put up with it from AT&T. If it wasn't so expensive to break my contract I'd be gone already, I just need to make it till August though and then I can move to Sprint.
 
EA being at the top makes perfect sense. I was going to say, Comcast better be on that list too and it is.
 
Either The Run or Prostreet. I quite liked the rest of them.
EDIT: And Undercover, hated that :yuck:
 
Either The Run or Prostreet. I quite liked the rest of them.
EDIT: And Undercover, hated that :yuck:
Frankly i was disapointed prostreet at 1st but i eventually learned to like it, mostly cause of the massive car selection and the good car customizations, especially after seeing how Shift was, it made me miss prostreet to be honest.:drool: I had the ps2 version at 1st back in late 2007 but after i saw various videos of peoples cars in the ps3 version, after that i got it for the ps3 in 2011 since it was faster and had even more cars that the ps2 version and now i think it's pretty good, but it still ain't the greatest.

As for The Run, it was okey, it was the best i think they did in the 3rd generation, but still pretty horrible.

For Undercover i imagine you played the ps3, Xbox 360 or Nintendo DS versions of it. From what i seen, it seems like all those versions were the worst and i can agree with that for them, but i have the ps2 version of it and it actually got the best ratings! In my opinion that was the last good NFS game they ever done, it was my second most favorite NFS game i ever played. (again this is the ps2 version)

As for me, i think most wanted, partially pro street (for me) and any 3rd generation NFS games (anything past shift) are the worst they ever did. (just my opinion)
I prefer Underground 2 over anything! It has always been my favorite one and i haven't played one as good since then!
 
Nope - I got the PS2 version after playing it on a friend's PS3. Bad decision...
 
Nope - I got the PS2 version after playing it on a friend's PS3. Bad decision...
Well again it's just my personal opinion on the game, i know many people may not always agree, but we all have different opinions.:)
Frankly i doubt this new NFS Most Wanted is going to be good especially since i never really liked the original and it's being made by Criterion.:ouch:
 
SkylineObsession
Well deserved award EA, although it should have been the world, and not just America. :)

Yes. EA is the worst company :rolleyes:

Do you know american banks? Do you know weapon companies? Do you know Foxconn? Do you saw the oil in the ocean from a company?

Some of the Foxconn staff said they will jump from a rooftop if the work conditions don't get better.

It is rediciolous and sad that they voted EA!!! The people who voted EA should be embarrassed and think next time, because it seems that the don't use their brain often.

We can talk about if EA is the worst company in the game industry, but not if EA is the worst company in the world or in america.

Just my 2 Cents.

Edit: I have nothing against you or those people. But just think about it.

Some companies have worse work conditions and the staff wants to kill themselves.

EA has Day1 DLC.

Some banks throw your money out the window and waste it.

EA has waste some franchise. NFS for example

Some companies don't have high security standards. Oil to ocean and so on.

EA don't patch some games.

Some companies make money with war and sell weapons.

EA has onlinepass

Only a few examples. What is more worse?
 
Last edited:
The worst for me was NFSU 1. The rubberband AI was simply aneurysm-inducing.
 
DK
The worst for me was NFSU 1. The rubberband AI was simply aneurysm-inducing.
Well frankly i got NFSU 2 first before i got the NFSU 1, so i kinda have a jaded opinion of the game, but frankly i think it was kinda lacking in ways, but i would rather have games like that again than what they do now.:yuck:
 
Yes. EA is the worst company :rolleyes:

The reason people voted for EA is because they seldom listen to the players' feedback, and the people think their games have become worse recently.

There are a lot more reasons for that, what I've said is just a tip of the iceberg. Just check the previous pages, and you'll find out why it is the 'Worst company in America' ;)

The reasons you listed are the relationships between the company and the staffs, while this survey focuses on the relationship between the company and the customers, and something like that ;)
 
The reason people voted for EA is because they seldom listen to the players' feedback, and the people think their games have become worse recently.

There are a lot more reasons for that, what I've said is just a tip of the iceberg. Just check the previous pages, and you'll find out why it is the 'Worst company in America' ;)
I don't doubt it!
 
I'll just leave this here, haha!

How EA's legal team keeps one eye on former employees

Game Industry.biz
EA's passive aggressive counsel reminds ex-staff not to leak trade secrets when moving on to new jobs.

A legal note to Ben Cousins, previously general manager of EA's Easy Studio, highlights how the publisher had "serious concern" about leaking company secrets and other confidential information - including the salaries of Electronic Arts' employees - when Cousins began to set up a Swedish studio for mobile publisher ngmoco.

124ufwj.jpg
 
Lol.
 
People really care more about gaming than an establishment that handles their money?

An establishment such as Bank of America that has been noted for ridiculous fees for handling your MONEY?

Wow.

I don't remember EA giving out sub-prime loans to unproven credit.
 
I wouldn't put it past them that the letter is robo-signed.
 
Agreed, but to me, the whole banking industry is corrupt (many things are really in my opinion) & there's really nothing that can be done about it, some key people responsible for our crappy economy stand next to the pres., but that's a whole other topic.....

People really care more about gaming than an establishment that handles their money?

An establishment such as Bank of America that has been noted for ridiculous fees for handling your MONEY?

Wow.

I don't remember EA giving out sub-prime loans to unproven credit.
 
Back