Early Access First Impressions & Feedback

• Thread starter th3o
  • 230 comments
If you buy Early Access 1, when you reach for EA 3... you pay only 10 bucks more... or the full 35??? And for the final one ... you pay only the difference (10 bucks more) or again more 45 of them???
Were talking about a total price of 25+35+45 bucks... or just 45... for being able to play the game since the very start of it?

Or may we pay right now the full 45.xx bucks abd receive all EAs 1..2..3.. etc.. and final full game??
You only pay once, and then you get everything that comes later for free.

So:
If you buy now you get the full game for 24.99 Euro.
If you buy on November 14 you get the full game for 34.99 Euro.
If you buy on January 16 you get the full game for 44.99 Euro.

So the longer you wait the more you pay. :)

You only pay once, and then you get everything that comes later for free.

So:
If you buy now you get the full game for 24.99 Euro.
If you buy on November 14 you get the full game for 34.99 Euro.
If you buy on January 16 you get the full game for 44.99 Euro.

So the longer you wait the more you pay. :)

Are you sure on that?? Or selling a cat on the dish for an hare??

Are you sure on that?? Or selling a cat on the dish for an hare??

Yes!

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

At the bottom of the page, this can be found...

*Buy on Steam at any time at the indicated price and get all previous and next Early Access releases, 1.0 version included
**2019 Season coming as a free update, Summer 2019

I also recall seeing a Thank You note from Kunos in the Early Access that reiterates that we will be getting all the updates up to version 1.0 for free.

I assume after the 2019 season update, any additional content would fall into DLC, and require a purchase. Still, everything in the early access up to version 1.0 and the 2019 season is covered under the current Early Access price.

Last edited:
Yes!

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

At the bottom of the page, this can be found...

I also recall seeing a Thank You note from Kunos in the Early Access that reiterates that we will be getting all the updates for free.

I assume after the 2019 season update, any additional content would fall into DLC, and require a purchase. Still, everything in the early access up to version 1.0 and the 2019 season is covered under the current Early Access price.

Simply awesome!!! A true must have! :) I think! :)

I enjoy it. And I am not a fan of the Lamborghini Hurican GT3 or Nürburgring GP, but this has greatly swayed my opinion of both for the better.

I´ve seen around... that in some sites you may buy the access key to this Early Access with discount... some more than 20%... any one knows where we may find this type of dosicount and if this is not just a scam???

I was thinking about getting this, figuring worst-case it wouldn't run on my laptop and I'd get a refund. But then my kid knocked the laptop on the floor and broke one of the USB ports and I don't want to think about the laptop any more.

0.1.1 Hotfix

- fixed AI remaining without fuel
- fixed crash caused by faulty recognition of T500 Gear Shifter
- fixed time loop after midnight
- added starter and ignition command on Controller Page
- fixed car lights not working when opponents visibility video option is used
- fixed backfires and other particles visible on hidden cars when opponents visibility video option is used
- fixed misleading option values with AA and visible opponents
- fixed marshal spline detection
- expanded camera FOV and frame rate limits
- visual and LOD tweaks to the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- disabled saving the discord username for in build configuration
- slightly increased the retry-interval after a disconnect from the servers
- added proximityIndicatorsVisible setting to hud.json
- fixed music looping in some conditions
- tweaked volume for reverb zones

Yesterday I picked it up from Steam for 270 Argentine pesos (thats like $7 US Dollars), dont know how Steam did the math, but Im not complaining :lol:.

After a few laps and two quick races, Im pretty impressed with it, can't waitfor the next builds. My only gripe might be the FFB, maybe it needs a few tweaks down the road, but Im getting used to it (and Im not a professional GT3 racer, it might just be that Im too used to the original AC FFB).

0.1.1 Hotfix

- fixed AI remaining without fuel
- fixed crash caused by faulty recognition of T500 Gear Shifter
- fixed time loop after midnight
- added starter and ignition command on Controller Page
- fixed car lights not working when opponents visibility video option is used
- fixed backfires and other particles visible on hidden cars when opponents visibility video option is used
- fixed misleading option values with AA and visible opponents
- fixed marshal spline detection
- expanded camera FOV and frame rate limits
- visual and LOD tweaks to the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- disabled saving the discord username for in build configuration
- slightly increased the retry-interval after a disconnect from the servers
- added proximityIndicatorsVisible setting to hud.json
- fixed music looping in some conditions
- tweaked volume for reverb zones

And that just fixed about every other detail I could find in about 90 minutes of playing. :lol:

Wow, i was just doing a race in Single Player mode, 8pm, sunny conditions, and i spun the car in the last chicane before the last corner to start-finish straight. And i spun over three curbs, watched the replay and i was stunned: Not only did the sparks and all that look so so cool, but there was an actual sound(!) when the underbody of the car hit the curbs, like metal against stone. I am still recovering from being hit with this insane attention to detail. The camera was really close and there was no other car around me, so one could hear it. Just wow, Kunos.

If anyone has a T500rs and was not impressed with the force feedback, MAKE SURE FORCES ARE SET TO MAX in your Thrustmaster control panel. The default is 60%, and I upped this along with lowering damping and there isn't just a ffb feeling differece, but I'm finding that I can actually catch a slide or 2 now. Couldn't do that before.

Sound comparison: the real Huracan.

Why does this sound familiar? ;)

My favorite part is when he was starting the car. It's almost like he thought "Oops! I Forgot to press the Ignition button". That looks familiar too. LOL

Any feedback on framerates? No triple screen yet?
I have gotten triple monitors to work without surround with Simple Runtime Window Editor v2.2. I have attached my configuration xml file. As for framerate, I get 48fps in triple with the following hardware and graphic settings in practice mode:
Hardware:
  • i7-8700K
  • GTX 1060
  • 16GB DDR4
Video Settings:
  • v-sync: Disabled
  • Resolution Scale: 100
  • View: Epic
  • Shadows: Epic
  • AA: Off
  • Effects: Low
  • Foliage: Low
  • Texture: Epic
  • Mirror: High
  • Opponents: All
  • Motion Blur: Enabled

Attachments

• AC2.zip
    312 bytes · Views: 14
  • SRWE_AC2.png
    SRWE_AC2.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 18
@Fo Shizzle wow you turn AA completely off? I think it is such a noisy mess the image then. It's clearly still much work to do. I find not even the epic+temporal solution very good as of now.

Does anyone in the Blancpain series ever get lapped in under 20 minutes? Currently the top 5 ai seems to lap the bottom 8 cars in a 20 minute race. Seems awfully high

I have gotten triple monitors to work without surround with Simple Runtime Window Editor v2.2. I have attached my configuration xml file. As for framerate, I get 48fps in triple with the following hardware and graphic settings in practice mode:
Hardware:
  • i7-8700K
  • GTX 1060
  • 16GB DDR4
Video Settings:
  • v-sync: Disabled
  • Resolution Scale: 100
  • View: Epic
  • Shadows: Epic
  • AA: Off
  • Effects: Low
  • Foliage: Low
  • Texture: Epic
  • Mirror: High
  • Opponents: All
  • Motion Blur: Enabled

Maybe a screen shot of AC1 Vs ACC would help.....Not sure SRWE can do what we technically need.....

My quick review after messing around for 1.5 hours yesterday:

Firstly I have over 90 hours sunk into AC. Most of those are just messing around in different cars and tracks mods. I haven't touched a single career mode race in AC. I prefer road cars but I do drive GT3 cars occasionally, but I wouldn't say that I'm very familiar with them. Just before starting ACC though, I tried setting a baseline laptime in GTS with the Huracan at Nurburgring (got 2.00.xxx with Gr.3 BOP, you can probably take 1 second off because the chicane in GTS version is the slower one). Then I set a baseline in AC, and got 2.00.xxx as well.

So then, time to boot up ACC. First impressions are menu soundtrack is a definite welcome addition (yeah, I'm an OST nerd). The menus are a lot more "console like". It certainly looks better, but personally I prefer to AC menu for condensing a large amount of info in a smaller space. Also the options menu, especially controllers, are very confusing in that there are a lot of boxes that look clickable, but isn't (and vice versa). Disappointed that FFB settings are only Gain and Min Force (also the default settings are zero, really?). I settled with Gain 70 and MF 10 with my T-GT. Everything else is stock except turned up brake gamma to 2.40 because I'm a pleb that only uses stock G25 pedals. All other stuff are set to Pro with minimum assists. I tried setting the ignition sequence stuff to manual, but can't for the life of me find where the key bindings are, so for those I left it automatic. My aging laptop is from 2014, so I was conservative and set graphics settings to Mid for most. Runs at 60 FPS 1080p no problem.

Went to single race first. I find the car livery selection to be confusing. There's a livery with the same number, but if you keep clicking it will show a different pattern. There's one with the orange bit on the front hood, and there's a variation with a red logo on top (can't remember specifically what the brand is). Much preferred old AC's simple boxy list. The rest is simple enough, so off to the track we go! The confirmation screen is cool first time out, but it gets old real quick. Especially since you can't change FFB settings on track and have to go all the way out.

Went with safe preset tune. The tuning screens are definitely much simpler (probably helps that the game will only ever have GT3 cars). I miss the live settings screen, but since the values are now apparently the live ones I'll just have to take Kunos' word for it. Missing gear ratio changes though. Not sure if Blancpain actually restricts this IRL.

Anyway, off to the track! First impressions are the graphics feel a lot more gritty, so does the sound. I think the sound is the biggest leap they've done. There's so much subtle effects, and it doesn't sound flat like the AC Huracan. Reminds me a lot of GTR2 actually 👍 The HUD is ok. I hate that the redline on the tach is still as vague as ever. I just shift whenever it starts to flash yellow. The driving itself is a mixed bag. I like that the edges of grip feel a lot more defined, but when you actually lose grip, it's more sudden and harder to recover than AC. The FFB is also too noisy for my liking. I suspect they have the Road Effects settings turned all the way up. Hate that constant vibration that you get. I have all the extra effects turned off in AC and I'd like a more detailed FFB settings in the future. I read that there's also some input lag? There was a way to edit this in AC but no such thing in ACC (I looked in game folders and it's all bundled in a 3.5GB file). I miss modding already :( Spent a couple laps to get my consistency rating up. Fastest lap I got was a 2.01.xxx. Interesting that from GTS > AC > ACC there's a 1 second gap each.

Anyway, next I decided to try night time. It looks ok, nothing great but then again it's probably my hardware limiting. Next I tried Stormy conditions. Oh. My. God. It is probably the most natural wet weather sim I have ever driven. Other sims when it's raining always makes it feel like there's just a cling wrap on the track surface. With ACC you can somehow feel that dynamic water surface tension getting scooped away by the grooves in the tyre. Then when you hit a puddle (I assume it's a puddle, because the graphics isn't actually there - again I bet this is my computer limiting), the sense of resistance on one side of the car pulling the wheel, and then an "Oh ****!" moment as your tyres lose contact and aquaplane. If you're lucky enough to be going slow, you might save it. Otherwise you're just a passenger. It's an awesome, awesome sensation. I've had a similar thing happen to me on a freeway groing 100 km/h, and it's such a scary yet familiar sensation (no aquaplaning IRL thankfully). I say it straddles the perfect gap between GT5/6 sterile wet weather and Forza 6's overdramatic puddles (or lakes more like). The wet road surface looks realistic enough, but don't expect anything groundbreaking ala Driveclub. I also don't see any raindrops on the windscreen - again probably my dud laptop.

Next I tried the special events. Just got through the first 2 atm. Nothing special I guess. I tried the more aggressive setup which does make the car feel pointier, but laptime wise it's equal *shrugs*. I have no idea how the **** people get 1.52.xxx on the leaderboards. Damn aliens will always be aliens :P I got to the Car Control evaluation and it just stagnates there even though I'm getting all green boxes. It just keeps saying "Drive 2 more laps". I'm guessing the later special events where you race will unlock the next stage?

Anyway, that was all I had time for. First impressions are it's an exciting time surely. Top of my priority list would be more detailed FFB settings, and get rid of the input lag please. Also a better way of selecting car liveries. I'd also like the little blurb on the top right of the screen explaining the evaluation scores stay on longer (seriously, I can't read those in 2 seconds). Apart from that, I reckon they have an excellent basis to build on. All my fears of physics getting watered down by switching to UE4 engine is now laid to rest. Rest assured, that old AC driving feel is all here. There's still some rough edges but I'm sure they'll get those kinks ironed out (remember how much AC changed between tyre model V1 to V10?). Losing modding is a shame, but good ol' AC will still be there, and who's not to say AC2 won't build upon ACC and bring mods back? ;)

Exciting times ahead. I can honestly say buying EA is worth it. Roll on the roadmap content updates!

Regarding input lag:

From Aristotelis:
"There is no input lag, and never have been. It's just impossible on how the engine works. We've been through it every time...
If you refer to graphics lag, that is different and yes terminology is important. I don't see any graphic lag, but it might be possible depending monitors, video drivers, and who knows what else. One thing I know that helps, is playing with the prerendering frames ahead in the nvidia driver panel.
Reports about graphic lag are certainly investigated.
"

Kind of interesting. A lot of people are saying input lag, but I didnt remember having any lag. When I turned the wheel, things happened. I guess I was lucky and set the graphics correctly to mitigate graphical lag.

Kind of interesting. A lot of people are saying input lag, but I didnt remember having any lag. When I turned the wheel, things happened. I guess I was lucky and set the graphics correctly to mitigate graphical lag.
When people say there is a lag they mean that there is a delay between the rear of the car stepping out and the feeling of this in the FFB(and it's not just a delay, but the steering wheel is also too slow).I have this problem which makes correcting oversteer nearly impossible. I do not know what causes it but this is the worst FFB I've ever tried.

My quick review after messing around for 1.5 hours yesterday:

Firstly I have over 90 hours sunk into AC. Most of those are just messing around in different cars and tracks mods. I haven't touched a single career mode race in AC. I prefer road cars but I do drive GT3 cars occasionally, but I wouldn't say that I'm very familiar with them. Just before starting ACC though, I tried setting a baseline laptime in GTS with the Huracan at Nurburgring (got 2.00.xxx with Gr.3 BOP, you can probably take 1 second off because the chicane in GTS version is the slower one). Then I set a baseline in AC, and got 2.00.xxx as well.

So then, time to boot up ACC. First impressions are menu soundtrack is a definite welcome addition (yeah, I'm an OST nerd). The menus are a lot more "console like". It certainly looks better, but personally I prefer to AC menu for condensing a large amount of info in a smaller space. Also the options menu, especially controllers, are very confusing in that there are a lot of boxes that look clickable, but isn't (and vice versa). Disappointed that FFB settings are only Gain and Min Force (also the default settings are zero, really?). I settled with Gain 70 and MF 10 with my T-GT. Everything else is stock except turned up brake gamma to 2.40 because I'm a pleb that only uses stock G25 pedals. All other stuff are set to Pro with minimum assists. I tried setting the ignition sequence stuff to manual, but can't for the life of me find where the key bindings are, so for those I left it automatic. My aging laptop is from 2014, so I was conservative and set graphics settings to Mid for most. Runs at 60 FPS 1080p no problem.

Went to single race first. I find the car livery selection to be confusing. There's a livery with the same number, but if you keep clicking it will show a different pattern. There's one with the orange bit on the front hood, and there's a variation with a red logo on top (can't remember specifically what the brand is). Much preferred old AC's simple boxy list. The rest is simple enough, so off to the track we go! The confirmation screen is cool first time out, but it gets old real quick. Especially since you can't change FFB settings on track and have to go all the way out.

Went with safe preset tune. The tuning screens are definitely much simpler (probably helps that the game will only ever have GT3 cars). I miss the live settings screen, but since the values are now apparently the live ones I'll just have to take Kunos' word for it. Missing gear ratio changes though. Not sure if Blancpain actually restricts this IRL.

Anyway, off to the track! First impressions are the graphics feel a lot more gritty, so does the sound. I think the sound is the biggest leap they've done. There's so much subtle effects, and it doesn't sound flat like the AC Huracan. Reminds me a lot of GTR2 actually 👍 The HUD is ok. I hate that the redline on the tach is still as vague as ever. I just shift whenever it starts to flash yellow. The driving itself is a mixed bag. I like that the edges of grip feel a lot more defined, but when you actually lose grip, it's more sudden and harder to recover than AC. The FFB is also too noisy for my liking. I suspect they have the Road Effects settings turned all the way up. Hate that constant vibration that you get. I have all the extra effects turned off in AC and I'd like a more detailed FFB settings in the future. I read that there's also some input lag? There was a way to edit this in AC but no such thing in ACC (I looked in game folders and it's all bundled in a 3.5GB file). I miss modding already :( Spent a couple laps to get my consistency rating up. Fastest lap I got was a 2.01.xxx. Interesting that from GTS > AC > ACC there's a 1 second gap each.

Anyway, next I decided to try night time. It looks ok, nothing great but then again it's probably my hardware limiting. Next I tried Stormy conditions. Oh. My. God. It is probably the most natural wet weather sim I have ever driven. Other sims when it's raining always makes it feel like there's just a cling wrap on the track surface. With ACC you can somehow feel that dynamic water surface tension getting scooped away by the grooves in the tyre. Then when you hit a puddle (I assume it's a puddle, because the graphics isn't actually there - again I bet this is my computer limiting), the sense of resistance on one side of the car pulling the wheel, and then an "Oh ****!" moment as your tyres lose contact and aquaplane. If you're lucky enough to be going slow, you might save it. Otherwise you're just a passenger. It's an awesome, awesome sensation. I've had a similar thing happen to me on a freeway groing 100 km/h, and it's such a scary yet familiar sensation (no aquaplaning IRL thankfully). I say it straddles the perfect gap between GT5/6 sterile wet weather and Forza 6's overdramatic puddles (or lakes more like). The wet road surface looks realistic enough, but don't expect anything groundbreaking ala Driveclub. I also don't see any raindrops on the windscreen - again probably my dud laptop.

Next I tried the special events. Just got through the first 2 atm. Nothing special I guess. I tried the more aggressive setup which does make the car feel pointier, but laptime wise it's equal *shrugs*. I have no idea how the **** people get 1.52.xxx on the leaderboards. Damn aliens will always be aliens :P I got to the Car Control evaluation and it just stagnates there even though I'm getting all green boxes. It just keeps saying "Drive 2 more laps". I'm guessing the later special events where you race will unlock the next stage?

Anyway, that was all I had time for. First impressions are it's an exciting time surely. Top of my priority list would be more detailed FFB settings, and get rid of the input lag please. Also a better way of selecting car liveries. I'd also like the little blurb on the top right of the screen explaining the evaluation scores stay on longer (seriously, I can't read those in 2 seconds). Apart from that, I reckon they have an excellent basis to build on. All my fears of physics getting watered down by switching to UE4 engine is now laid to rest. Rest assured, that old AC driving feel is all here. There's still some rough edges but I'm sure they'll get those kinks ironed out (remember how much AC changed between tyre model V1 to V10?). Losing modding is a shame, but good ol' AC will still be there, and who's not to say AC2 won't build upon ACC and bring mods back? ;)

Exciting times ahead. I can honestly say buying EA is worth it. Roll on the roadmap content updates!
I've seen some people say they hated the FEB but after playing for a few days they now love it. Others loved it straight away. Seems like a tough task for devs to satisfy everyone.

Last edited:
I've seen some people say they hated the FEB but after playing fire few days they now love it. Others loved it straight away. Seems like a though task for devs to satisfy everyone.
Indeed, but there was also a hotfix in between there that seemingly made things better for many.

I am driving with the controller and enjoy the heck out of it, the car feels so responsive and communicates what it is doing so so well, it's incredible compared to other games i play with it. I always thought that AC feels insanely good once you set the controller up properly. But ACC took it to the next level. Catching small drifts out of corners is addictive!

When people say there is a lag they mean that there is a delay between the rear of the car stepping out and the feeling of this in the FFB(and it's not just a delay, but the steering wheel is also too slow).I have this problem which makes correcting oversteer nearly impossible. I do not know what causes it but this is the worst FFB I've ever tried.

I wouldn't say it's the worst FFB I have ever used. I had the honor of playing Race Pro on the 360. ACC is lightyears ahead of RP. But I did encounter an unrecoverable oversteer or two. That needs work.

I don't have a quick steering wheel, so perhaps I'd never notice the dampening? My CSR feels dampened in everything I play.

Back