Early Access First Impressions & Feedback

• Thread starter th3o
  • 230 comments
Looks like there is a 0.1.2 Update rolling out.
It does minor (Depending on view point) fixes, so nothing major.

From Kunos' forum rules and changelog thread...
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...r-reporting-bugs-and-issues-changelogs.50866/

- fixed T13 track competence problems with automatic gears
- Hotstint is starting at the Hotlap position, fixes timing and exploits
- Hotstint will now allow the last lap to be completed
- fixed Hotstint timing issue
- fixed stability control option and corresponding over-corrections
- using stability control laptimes will add a laptime penalty in the online leaderboards
- minor tweaks for audio voices usage

I was wondering why I had an update for the game on Steam. Good to see that KS is hard at work.

Really nice to see them pushing out small updates between the big builds. It gives me the feeling that i am not playing and reporting for nothing for 30 days but stuff can be addressed just within a week if it is nothing super major.

20180921140727_1.jpg 20180921135912_1.jpg
@Fo Shizzle wow you turn AA completely off? I think it is such a noisy mess the image then. It's clearly still much work to do. I find not even the epic+temporal solution very good as of now.

No AA is a bit jaggy for me too, but it was too blurry with the temporal currently for me.

Any distortion?

SRWE 2.3.1 is also available.
A little. One of my monitors is a bit more off than the other, but it doesnt help that they are not all the same model ASUS. I didn't know there was a SRWE update. Thanks.
Maybe a screen shot of AC1 Vs ACC would help.....Not sure SRWE can do what we technically need.....
Screenshots posted. ACC then AC1 respectively.
20180921140727_1.jpg
20180921135912_1.jpg

SRWE doesn't seem to be saving in this game unlike AC1.

Regarding input lag:

From Aristotelis:
"There is no input lag, and never have been. It's just impossible on how the engine works. We've been through it every time...
If you refer to graphics lag, that is different and yes terminology is important. I don't see any graphic lag, but it might be possible depending monitors, video drivers, and who knows what else. One thing I know that helps, is playing with the prerendering frames ahead in the nvidia driver panel.
Reports about graphic lag are certainly investigated.
"

Possibly it's graphics lag. I don't have a high speed camera to record and test out. Could be placebo as well of course. It just feels like there's a tiny bit of delay between my wheel input and the car's response on screen. I haven't really changed any graphics settings outside the game itself and I've been playing AC for 2 years on the same laptop. The only difference is there is a notepad edit you can make in AC to reduce "input" lag:

Go to the AC folder, usually located at by default: SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics. Change the MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY to 1 from 0 (was reset to 0 in the 0.2 update). Don't forget to save it before exiting or it will reset to 0.

upload_2015-3-8_14-44-54-png.325925

No such tinkering possible with ACC :/

But I did encounter an unrecoverable oversteer or two. That needs work.

According to what I've read from real GT3 drivers it's difficult to recover from oversteer in these cars, there's a tiny margin where you can reel it back in but for the most part once it goes it's gone.

Possibly it's graphics lag. I don't have a high speed camera to record and test out. Could be placebo as well of course. It just feels like there's a tiny bit of delay between my wheel input and the car's response on screen. I haven't really changed any graphics settings outside the game itself and I've been playing AC for 2 years on the same laptop. The only difference is there is a notepad edit you can make in AC to reduce "input" lag:

Go to the AC folder, usually located at by default: SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics. Change the MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY to 1 from 0 (was reset to 0 in the 0.2 update). Don't forget to save it before exiting or it will reset to 0.

upload_2015-3-8_14-44-54-png.325925

No such tinkering possible with ACC :/

Doesn't adjusting the pre-rendered frames in the nVidia control panel do basically the same thing?

Tried ACC on two monitors with SRWE. The image is stretched. AC on two monitors looks perfect. I mean not stretched at all. Three monitors would be even more perfect.

I was thinking about getting this, figuring worst-case it wouldn't run on my laptop and I'd get a refund. But then my kid knocked the laptop on the floor and broke one of the USB ports and I don't want to think about the laptop any more.
Forgot to update this. I ended up giving it a shot for the heck of it. Ran OK with just one car, almost all settings pegged at low. But was prone to random choppiness. Really wasn't playable and looked absolutely hideous on all low. Oh well.

Then a Win 10 update broke my wifi. I have to plug the laptop in to connect to internet. Tried every fix the web could throw at it. I'm so massively done with PC. I was on the fence about a refund until this happened. Here's hoping for a current gen console release! :lol:

Forgot to update this. I ended up giving it a shot for the heck of it. Ran OK with just one car, almost all settings pegged at low. But was prone to random choppiness. Really wasn't playable and looked absolutely hideous on all low. Oh well.

Then a Win 10 update broke my wifi. I have to plug the laptop in to connect to internet. Tried every fix the web could throw at it. I'm so massively done with PC. I was on the fence about a refund until this happened. Here's hoping for a current gen console release! :lol:

That may never happen... and surely wont happen before summer of 2019...

That may never happen... and surely wont happen before summer of 2019...

Well, the full game isn't expected to release until around Spring of 2019 and the PS5 is probably Q4 of 2019 at the earliest, so that's a pretty safe bet. I don't think there's much chance of ACC releasing on current consoles, so far it's a pretty resource hungry game and while that will surely get optimized before release I'd think current console hardware may not be up to the task. They've said all along that they're keeping consoles in mind during development and trying to ensure whatever they make will be able to work on consoles, so if they're satisfied with the performance on consoles it will happen but it's far too early to say with any certainty one way or the other.

The game currently is not very well optimized, true. It's okay optimized but can be much better.
I run an 8700k@5Ghz and 1080Ti and get in 1440p in the field of 16 AI opponents around 100-125 fps.
Tested with a 2080Ti yesterday, had 110-135 fps :D and the card was not running 99%. So maybe some CPU bottleneck, but really should not be the case with this CPU if well optimized (i run a 165Hz monitor)

Hello!

I've just made the move into PC gaming and have a decent spec rig with ACC and my G29. Can anyone suggest any wheel settings for the G29 please? Trying a few things but hoping someone can give me a bit of guidance towards some settings.

Thanks!

Hello!

I've just made the move into PC gaming and have a decent spec rig with ACC and my G29. Can anyone suggest any wheel settings for the G29 please? Trying a few things but hoping someone can give me a bit of guidance towards some settings.

Thanks!

Logitech profiler - everything 0% except overall strength 107%.
In game FFB - everything 0% except gain 100%. Maybe add a bit of minimum force (5-10%) if you feel the wheel is weak around center.
That should give you the "purest" FFB. Other people like to add in extra effects and whatnot, the only way to tell what works for you is just to test things out yourself.

In game FFB - everything 0% except gain 100%. Maybe add a bit of minimum force (5-10%) if you feel the wheel is weak around center.
That should give you the "purest" FFB. Other people like to add in extra effects and whatnot, the only way to tell what works for you is just to test things out yourself.

Thanks. Found some that are working fine so far, but will give your suggestions a try. Had a good few hours on it today and really enjoying it. Loads quickly without any issues the sounds are amazing. Very happy so far and looking forward to the 488 GT3 and Hungaroring tomorrow!

the update is live
V0.4.0 Changelog
- New Ferrari 488 GT3
- New Hungaroring circuit
- Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
- Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
- Fixed look around in chase camera
- Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
- Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
- Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
- Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
- Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
- Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
- Adjustments in cars inertia
- Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
- Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
- Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
- Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
- Fixed wrong car systems during replay
- Added lap tag in the replay HUD
- Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
- Instant replay support for Broadcast app
- Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
- Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
- Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
- Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
- Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
- Added new skins for featured cars
- Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
- New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
- New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
- CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
- CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
- TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
- Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
- Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
- Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
- Added HUD page for broadcasting
- Added HUD page with the current timetables
- Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
- Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
- Improved camera fading when switching cameras

In game FFB - everything 0% except gain 100%.

I think it's the general consensus that dynamic damping should be at 100%, not 0%. I also prefer some road noise added in too, don't really care if it's "pure" or not but I like to feel a bit of the road surface (YMMV).

My Logitech wheel profiler/programme doesn't show those options. Tweaked my settings a little more and have a setup that provides ease of driving with more weight when you'd expect there to be. My GT Sport preference is a lot heavier but also comfortable.

Last edited:
I am very pleased with this update. Hungaroring looks great and the Ferrari looks, sounds and drives great. Also some improvements on the technical side, all in all, very nice.

Ferrari drives a bit nicer than the Lamborghini. Anyone going to the Stats page and not having it load up? It switches between connected and disconnected for me.

ETA: Outside forum but it shows that the Server Status is currently down.

I think it's the general consensus that dynamic damping should be at 100%, not 0%. I also prefer some road noise added in too, don't really care if it's "pure" or not but I like to feel a bit of the road surface (YMMV).

Yeah, each to their own. I use a T-GT for ACC but I've used G25 with AC before, and the setting I recommended was what I used in AC. Dynamic damping is a tricky one but I generally hate ANY sort of damping in FFB because I like an oversteery car and like to make lots of quick corrections, and damping just increases the effort. I've tried it on and off in ACC and just prefer 0%. Road noise I can already feel ok even at 0%, so don't see the need to work my wheel's motors any harder :D

Then again I'm probably against most people because I like my FFB as soft as possible. I'm not the most muscular person out there so I guess I'm just more sensitive to smaller forces than most. I have my FFB in GT Sport on strength 2/10 for example :lol:

My Logitech wheel profiler/programme doesn't show those options. Tweaked my settings a little more and have a setup that provides ease of driving with more weight when you'd expect there to be. My GT Sport preference is a lot heavier but also comfortable.

The exact wording might have changed with the newest program. The important thing is main strength is 107% and spring/damper/other stuff 0%.

The exact wording might have changed with the newest program. The important thing is main strength is 107% and spring/damper/other stuff 0%.

These are all the options it's currently giving me. Going to try road noise down and gain up. Want to get a bit of weight to the wheel but without the motors chattering away loudly.

Attachments

• Wheel Settings.jpg
    Wheel Settings.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 22
Dynamic damping is a tricky one but I generally hate ANY sort of damping in FFB because I like an oversteery car and like to make lots of quick corrections, and damping just increases the effort. I've tried it on and off in ACC and just prefer 0%.

Dynamic damping is not like the regular damping we're used to. No problem if you prefer it at zero but for those who don't know, it's designed to be at 100% to help make the car feel more like a real car, especially in slides because it helps you hold the rear better.

Love the Ferrari in the new update. Best car so far IMO. It's more stable than the Huracan while still having that MR agility. Hungaroring isn't a great track for racing but I've always liked the flow in single player. You could take massive liberties cutting the grey run off area in the first chicane too.

These are all the options it's currently giving me. Going to try road noise down and gain up. Want to get a bit of weight to the wheel but without the motors chattering away loudly.

That is weird. Are you sure that's the only settings available? From that screen alone, you want rotation 900 degree, centering spring 0%. Sensitivity you want most linear which I'm guessing is at 50%

As for the motors chattering, unfortunately that's always going to be a problem with Logitech wheels. Their FFB technology is no more advanced than a blender at this point :lol: It's much improve in G27/29 compared to my G25 but it's always going to be there.

Dynamic damping is not like the regular damping we're used to. No problem if you prefer it at zero but for those who don't know, it's designed to be at 100% to help make the car feel more like a real car, especially in slides because it helps you hold the rear better.

I know it's not like regular damping, but it still restricts the movements of the wheel too much for my liking. It's just another layer of force that I have to contend with when making quick corrections, so I turned it off (even at the cost of making it less realistic).

As for the video, I've seen it recommended to me before but man, I can't be bothered watching a 15 mins video of something that could be summarised in 3 sentences.

The last time I tried DD was V0.1 though. Maybe I'll give it another go since they've tinkered a bit with the FFB in recent updates.

Love the Ferrari in the new update. Best car so far IMO. It's more stable than the Huracan while still having that MR agility. Hungaroring isn't a great track for racing but I've always liked the flow in single player. You could take massive liberties cutting the grey run off area in the first chicane too.

That is weird. Are you sure that's the only settings available? From that screen alone, you want rotation 900 degree, centering spring 0%. Sensitivity you want most linear which I'm guessing is at 50%

As for the motors chattering, unfortunately that's always going to be a problem with Logitech wheels. Their FFB technology is no more advanced than a blender at this point :lol: It's much improve in G27/29 compared to my G25 but it's always going to be there.

All the settings I have I'm afraid! But I've found a happy medium that I'm enjoying driving with.

488 with a little tweaking is better than the Huracan, but the M6 and Continental are better cars for me overall. Bit tired today so it took me a while to get up to consistency (not pace!), but when I did my ratings slowly climbed.

The Special Event races are a bit of a futile effort for me, with the AI ability (95-97%) far faster than I can currently drive. A quick race with them at 80 is an easy win, but having them on 50 aggressiveness is giving me a chance to race wit them and get an ideal of the spacial awareness, particularly using the in-car view.

Solid update, but that's only going by one day's driving! Will be getting the practice in to try and get a faster time for the Ferrari Hungaroring Hotstint and general racing practice against the AI.

As for the video, I've seen it recommended to me before but man, I can't be bothered watching a 15 mins video of something that could be summarised in 3 sentences.

Most of it's summarized in the first two minutes of the video. :lol: Wasn't saying you should use dynamic damping, was just sharing the video in case others were reading here but unaware of it.

Back