Either I'm such a Rally noob, or that final rally challenge is HARD!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DreamersParady
  • 18 comments
  • 1,364 views
Messages
187
Messages
DreamersParady
Using the Citroen C4 Rally Car and I just can't seem to put up any decent times!

Anyone got any set up and driving tips?
 
Yeah i found it hard too, had to whack a stage 3 turbo on the Lancia S4, and ditch the steering wheel and use a DS3 to complete the gravel stage. Oh and a little tip for you... if you release the gas and brake before you hit the barriers i dont think you get penalised.
 
DreamersParady
Using the Citroen C4 Rally Car and I just can't seem to put up any decent times!

Anyone got any set up and driving tips?

More downforce and 50/50 torque setting won me the event in the C4 WRC with a 2:00 lead.
 
Try not to slide! rather break early and keep as much traction as possible.

Other than that you can just use the follwoing setting:

Traction Controll: 3
Skid Recovery: On
ABS: 5

The rest off. You will win easily.
 
Btw...are you talking about the Loeb Challenge?

If not you can also use a better rally car like the Subaru or one of the Evolution rally cars.
 
Try not to slide! rather break early and keep as much traction as possible.

Other than that you can just use the follwoing setting:

Traction Controll: 3
Skid Recovery: On
ABS: 5

The rest off. You will win easily.

When you have the hand of God turned on, you don't need any other aids.

Switch the torque setting to 50/50 if you haven't done so yet, it will help drastically. Or you can turn SRF on and guarantee an easy win.
 
He might be talking about the Loeb challenge. You can't change the torque settings for this one..
 
He might be talking about the Loeb challenge. You can't change the torque settings for this one..

You may be right. Im using a DFGT, and I can't remember if I could adjust it on that challenge or not.
 
I cannot beat any of those two Sebatians' challenges with a DS3 which really frustrate me....
 
Thanks for the tips guys, no not the lobe challenges, the previous challenges.
 
Either I'm such a Rally noob.....

No, you're not a Noob. The rally physics on GT are quite different than other games which focus on rally. You could say it's just what the developer makes it, but all the other games are quite similar while this one stands alone. The 'no-grip' through corners is my biggest pet peeve.

Skid Recovery Force make these events easy.

Sure, but it's not so much fun or challenging if you know with the push of a button you'll beat it. Use Skid recovery right before you throw the controller through your TV, but not when you first try it. Imagine the satisfaction of beating it without help.
 
I have been playing the challenges with 0 aids apart from 1 abs (bit hard to do it with a DS3!)
 
Cheers guys, the 50/50 torque distribution worked a charm. 20 second lead by the end of stage 8.
 
I still havn't done the rally specials because I find it too hard. Not really a big loss to me though, never been a big fan of rally.
 
Lancia Delta rally car. Just ABS=1

Still a cake walk, just look at the recommended gears for any corner, when it flashes begin your braking. Occasionally stay in a higher gear to reduce wheelspin.
Ignore idiotic co-driver, all he will do is confuse you.
 
Yeah i found it hard too, had to whack a stage 3 turbo on the Lancia S4, and ditch the steering wheel and use a DS3 to complete the gravel stage. Oh and a little tip for you... if you release the gas and brake before you hit the barriers i dont think you get penalised.

I used the S4 as well, cakewalk! You sure that's true with the penalties? I noticed that like in GT4 if you tend to hit the wall with the back of the car rather than the front you tend to get away with it more.
 
Back