El Capitan

• Thread starter JTB10000
  • 74 comments
mmph... Must... Have... Childhood... Track... Please PD? It's so beautiful on the PS2, imagine the capabilities now?

Yes, but with the Cathedral Rocks part. I always liked the transition between tarmac and dirt. El Capitan only wasn't bad either.

So far GT have yet to revive any of their former tracks that had really exciting and interesting scenery, like Citti di Aria, Costa di Amalfi, Grand Canyon or El Capitan. I'd love to see any of them make their way back into GT.

It's also worth noting that 200 miles of El Capitan is probably how an awful lot of people started making serious money in GT4. For me it was the significantly bigger springboard after Rally di Amalfi.

Always thought it was odd that when they reached into the well and pulled out Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley that they didn't pull this one too. Was always one of the best looking tracks in GT4.

El Capitan and Seattle were DEFINITELY two of my favorites. And screen shots exist of the Seattle circuit already exist. Crossing my fingers for El Cap.

You know what's pretty sad?

I'll be returning to El Capitan in the form of an operating system before I'll be returning to it in the form of a track in GT. :lol:

I would prefer that they kept all tracks and updated them as they went along like Suzuka. No need to remove them especially when there are tracks like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley without either weather or time change. I've never driven El Capitan, Seattle or Costa di Amalfi but I hear they are all fantastic classic tracks from GT4.

I would prefer that they kept all tracks and updated them as they went along like Suzuka. No need to remove them especially when there are tracks like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley without either weather or time change. I've never driven El Capitan, Seattle or Costa di Amalfi but I hear they are all fantastic classic tracks from GT4.
That's why we want them back ;)

.... I've never driven El Capitan, Seattle or Costa di Amalfi but I hear they are all fantastic classic tracks from GT4.

mind-blownshockedwwewrestler.gif

Last edited:
Just like Grindewald from GT2, it is a perfect track for vintage car competition. Sadly, the endurance event in GT4 had modern cars on grid.

Back