El Capitan

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by JTB10000, Jan 20, 2014.

1. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

You know, looking back on this track after Project CARS and Driveclub 1080p/60FPS stuff, El Capitan still looks pretty amazing to me.

2. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

True

3. MarchingSaint

MarchingSaint

El capitan was, along with infineon and motegi, one of my favourite tracks back in the times of GT4. That track was made for sportcars or touring cars i swear, every corner was a true pleasure. Just imagine it with rain conditions and you've yourself a serious endurance challenge.

4. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

5. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

No posts since 2016.

Notice how each track with more votes than this is either added to GT6 or is strongly suspected for future use. Not enough love for this masterpiece. More votes required. :bowdown:

6. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

Agreed.

Don't think I fully appreciated just how brilliant El Captian was/is when I was on GT4 first time around, as much as I do now.

Was a great track to drive on, was frustrating when it punished you for the smallest of mistakes, but pure bliss when you perfected it. Plus it was a beautiful track back on PS2, so god knows how good it would look on PS4, especially with PD's reputation for great visuals :eek:.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    jubeiiiii246 likes this.
  7. Serious seb

Serious seb

I dream of an old best original tracks pack (no license =low price to create) .. in UHD !!! :crazy::
    El Capitan
    Citta Di Arria
    Almalfitana
    Seattle
    Georges V

(and those from GT6 logically : deep forest , trial montain, Grand Valley ...!!) but that's right that it's a big work !! I think it will stay a dream ...:irked:

The real tracks are already on all actual race games ...some revival please !

8. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Come on guys and galls. No posts for this the greatest of PD creations this year? More votes please.

S_Debre O1G likes this.
  9. TheGTGeek

TheGTGeek

El Capitan and Cathedral Rocks are the most underrated tracks made by PD, this needs to be re-added into future GT games ASAP.

Toshost likes this.
  10. flanylla

flanylla

I love it. Wish it'd return, would look amazing. Reminds me somewhat of Red Rock Valley how the scenery is!

11. J.D

J.D

the recent Yosemite scapes really makes me want El Capitan to come back in GTS. Imagine that deep forest in GTS.

Toshost likes this.
  12. MIE1992

MIE1992

I think Cathedral Rocks (along with most, if not all the other Dirt/Snow courses, and the narrower city courses like Citta di Aria and George V Paris) could (and should) be remade as a point-to-point time attack stage.

With this in mind, I'd love El Capitan to return - I could see it being especially good for Gr.4 races, or classes below that. Gr.3 might be pushing it, and I think Gr.2 and/or Gr.1 would be too chaotic for the current layout, unless they make some serious changes and/or additions to it.