El Capitan

• Thread starter JTB10000
  • 74 comments
You know, looking back on this track after Project CARS and Driveclub 1080p/60FPS stuff, El Capitan still looks pretty amazing to me.

El capitan was, along with infineon and motegi, one of my favourite tracks back in the times of GT4. That track was made for sportcars or touring cars i swear, every corner was a true pleasure. Just imagine it with rain conditions and you've yourself a serious endurance challenge.

Agreed.

Don't think I fully appreciated just how brilliant El Captian was/is when I was on GT4 first time around, as much as I do now.

Was a great track to drive on, was frustrating when it punished you for the smallest of mistakes, but pure bliss when you perfected it. Plus it was a beautiful track back on PS2, so god knows how good it would look on PS4, especially with PD's reputation for great visuals :eek:.

Last edited:
I dream of an old best original tracks pack (no license =low price to create) .. in UHD !!! :crazy::
El Capitan
Citta Di Arria
Almalfitana
Seattle
Georges V

(and those from GT6 logically : deep forest , trial montain, Grand Valley ...!!) but that's right that it's a big work !! I think it will stay a dream ...:irked:

The real tracks are already on all actual race games ...some revival please !

El Capitan and Cathedral Rocks are the most underrated tracks made by PD, this needs to be re-added into future GT games ASAP.

I think Cathedral Rocks (along with most, if not all the other Dirt/Snow courses, and the narrower city courses like Citta di Aria and George V Paris) could (and should) be remade as a point-to-point time attack stage.

With this in mind, I'd love El Capitan to return - I could see it being especially good for Gr.4 races, or classes below that. Gr.3 might be pushing it, and I think Gr.2 and/or Gr.1 would be too chaotic for the current layout, unless they make some serious changes and/or additions to it.

Back