Elite: Dangerous

• Thread starter marky5244
  • 749 comments
That sounds awesome, should be fun when I unlock Palin. I'm still working on the first 3 engineers, (and looking for hard to find Specialty Legacy Firmware). I'm finding other things along the way, did a mission last night and was rewarded with a Security Firmware Patch, I need that for one of Todd the Blasters mods, I'm also stashing away rare materials for later.

I haven't equipped Limpets at all yet on any of my ships, I really need to get familiar with them. One of these days lol, I know their are different kinds for different uses, mining, fuel transfer etc. Right now I use the cargo scoop for everything. I really need to change that. I do have 2 unused hardpoints on the ASP...
Collector limpets are awesome lol. You use them for mining too. You basically just select an item you want from the contacts menu, send out a limpet and he picks it up and returns it, make sure your cargo scoop is deployed though. If you select an item, he returns it and gets destroyed, if you don't select and item he will keep picking up everything. Different collection module classes, you can send out more limpets at one time and it affects how long they are around. I have a 5a on my python, so I can send out 3 limpets at once.

They really come in handy while mining. I use 3 5a collection limpets at one time on my Cutter when mining. So I can keep 9 limpets collecting ore at once. That's a case where you don't want to select an item, you want them to pick up everything. I also use a prospecting limpet, you deploy that guy and he attaches to an asteroid that your aimed towards, if you select him he will tell you what materials are in that asteroid. I haven't used fuel limpets or hatch breaker limpets yet. Once you use some collection limpets though, it's so much faster and easier then scooping. You just have to remember to buy them at stations in the restock menu. I usually take 300 when I go mining in my cutter.

Edit: they are a major help when your trying to collect materials combat ships drop in combat zones.

Last edited:
Mining, that's another thing I need to try (again). I was comically bad at it the first time, manually scooping everything while avoiding asteroids, lol. I am waiting until I get a large ship, like a 'Conda to really start mining and give it a proper go.

Last night it was back to the Type 7 missions and trading, trying to grind my way up to 60 million from 29 million, currently I'm at 39 million. I'm putting the Engineering stuff on hold to go make some more money. The funny thing that happened last night was I found a station that sells the Micro-Weave Cooling hoses (it took me forever to find them doing missions), you can buy them in the Yu Di Yi system, at the Aksyonov Orbital station. So I used the prousonhairy trick of bookmarking the station and editing the text to add Micro-weave Cooling Hoses after the station name. Now I can selloff the 3 I'm carrying in my cargo without worrying about finding them again. By the way, eddb still doesn't have info on them yet.

So I just got my first elite rank in the game:

image.png

The cool thing is, once you get an elite rank, you get a permit to Founders World (you also could of gotten this permit by donating to Kickstarter when they were raising money to make the game). Founders World, aka Shintarta Dezhra, only has one station, Jameson Memorial. Jameson Memorial has every single ship and module in the game, all at a 10% discount.

image.png

I think I found my permanent home. This is going to be so handy when I need to switch modules on my ship. If I ever buy an anaconda or a corvette, I'll still go to Li Rong Yuis for the 15%, especially on modules over 100 million, but for just switching out modules for trading or mining etc, this is going to be sweet.

It's not far from a lot of my trade routes, only 20 LY from my favorite mining spot, and 65ly from sol, in case I want to visit earth. :)

I've been looking for a place with lots of outfitting to use as by home base, this has all of the outfitting in one station. I don't know what I'm going to work on next. I think I'm done trading for awhile, I wasn't really saving up for anything, just wanted the elite rank. I guess I'm going to move my cobra and python here now, to be with my cutter, and maybe set my cutter up and mine some painitte. :)

Well, I finally found a mission with the Specialized Legacy Firmware, completed it and only received the cash payout not the component, it was just a basic delivery mission. Then later in the day, I found another mission with it as the reward and the same result happened. Is this a known bug or something? I seem to get all of the common crap I don't need, Mounting Plates, Radiation Baffles..... After weeks of searching for the firmware this was very a disappointing result. I think I am done with Engineers until they fix this issue, it's pretty frustrating at this point. The whole rewards system needs to be reworked and balanced with rare materials appearing more often. The whole thing is way too much of a grind and then when you grind and it doesn't work properly......frustrating. I did unlock the next engineer, the Dweller but I think that I will put that on hold until the wrinkles are ironed out. Right now it's a pain in the Asp to do any of the Engineers stuff.

At least I made a ton of money for my efforts, I ranked up to Entrepreneur and Surveyor and I'm sitting on about 90 million to spend, trying to decide on a Python, FDL or keep saving for the Anaconda.

I also stripped down the Asp to reach a 30ly range but I kept my A-rated thrusters, my multi-cannon and Frag Cannon because they are modified-(Engineers) and I don't want to sell them. Then I went off into the black to do some exploring. I learned a lot about Scoopable stars after getting stuck with a low fuel situation in the middle of nowhere, just remember KGB FOAM, you can scoop star types: K,G,B,F,O,A,M. If your fuel level is getting low then just stop, go to your galaxy map and look for the closest system with one of those star types, go to it and fuel up. I didn't go too far out of the bubble, about 450ly-600 out but it was a learning experience. I'm now much more comfortable out in the black.

Well, I finally found a mission with the Specialized Legacy Firmware, completed it and only received the cash payout not the component, it was just a basic delivery mission. Then later in the day, I found another mission with it as the reward and the same result happened. Is this a known bug or something? I seem to get all of the common crap I don't need, Mounting Plates, Radiation Baffles..... After weeks of searching for the firmware this was very a disappointing result. I think I am done with Engineers until they fix this issue, it's pretty frustrating at this point. The whole rewards system needs to be reworked and balanced with rare materials appearing more often. The whole thing is way too much of a grind and then when you grind and it doesn't work properly......frustrating. I did unlock the next engineer, the Dweller but I think that I will put that on hold until the wrinkles are ironed out. Right now it's a pain in the Asp to do any of the Engineers stuff.

At least I made a ton of money for my efforts, I ranked up to Entrepreneur and Surveyor and I'm sitting on about 90 million to spend, trying to decide on a Python, FDL or keep saving for the Anaconda.

I also stripped down the Asp to reach a 30ly range but I kept my A-rated thrusters, my multi-cannon and Frag Cannon because they are modified-(Engineers) and I don't want to sell them. Then I went off into the black to do some exploring. I learned a lot about Scoopable stars after getting stuck with a low fuel situation in the middle of nowhere, just remember KGB FOAM, you can scoop star types: K,G,B,F,O,A,M. If your fuel level is getting low then just stop, go to your galaxy map and look for the closest system with one of those star types, go to it and fuel up. I didn't go too far out of the bubble, about 450ly-600 out but it was a learning experience. I'm now much more comfortable out in the black.

I've never had it where I didn't get my material reward, that sucks. That's a great way to remember the scoopable stars, I had to write them down, I've been doing Sothis/ceos delivery runs and there's areas with several stars in a row that are unscoopable.

Speaking of that, that's where the money is at right now. Tons of money. I've been making on average 60 million credits around every two hours give or take. It's about 400ly from the bubble, so make sure you have a good fuel scoop. I fly down there and hit CEOs and Sothis, I keep flying back and forth and refreshing the mission board until the cargo in my cutter is full. Missions pay anywhere from 2-10 million for one mission. You can stack several of them, basically you can take as many mission as you have room to carry cargo wise. In just a couple days, I've made enough to buy and fully A rate an anaconda.

There's also smuggling missions between Sothis and ceos, that pay great as well. I haven't done any of those yet. I'm making as many runs as I can, in case they happen to take them away, or Nerf them. If I make 4-5 more trips, I should have enough to buy an anaconda, an FDL, and a FAS and fully A rate each one right away. I don't think I'll need anything else in the way of ships, after I get those. :)

I've been doing a bit of smuggling, I found some systems that pay very well for them, usually they are short hops making a million plus, you just need a high enough rep with the faction to get them, I am making as much as 5 million per hour doing them on a good day. Just don't get scanned lol. A good technique when approaching a station in Supercruise is to fly in between the planet and the station, then turn/bank until the middle of the planet is to your back and the station is right in front, when you exit supercruise, the mail-slot should be right in front of you, speed your way in before you get scanned and land, the speed docking technique helps. I don't get scanned very often anymore.

I'll have to try that Sothis thing, I saw something about it and Robigo at the forums as a way to make money fast, it seemed pretty time consuming but if the payout is that good then it sounds like it's probably worth it. I might try it in the Asp because of the jump range, I would have 84t cargo in it's current configuration if I sell the Planetary Surface scanner. I already sold the SRV and every non-essential component.

I've been doing a bit of smuggling, I found some systems that pay very well for them, usually they are short hops making a million plus, you just need a high enough rep with the faction to get them, I am making as much as 5 million per hour doing them on a good day. Just don't get scanned lol. A good technique when approaching a station in Supercruise is to fly in between the planet and the station, then turn/bank until the middle of the planet is to your back and the station is right in front, when you exit supercruise, the mail-slot should be right in front of you, speed your way in before you get scanned and land, the speed docking technique helps. I don't get scanned very often anymore.

I'll have to try that Sothis thing, I saw something about it and Robigo at the forums as a way to make money fast, it seemed pretty time consuming but if the payout is that good then it sounds like it's probably worth it. I might try it in the Asp because of the jump range, I would have 84t cargo in it's current configuration if I sell the Planetary Surface scanner. I already sold the SRV and every non-essential component.

Robigo is only 4 or so jumps from Sothis and CEOs. I'd get as much cargo as you can, and still keep a decent fuel scoop. 84t, you should be able to find a mission for anywhere from 5-7 million or so, and maybe even a 2-3 million mission for 8t to fill your load out.

Sometimes I go down there and fill up with missions right away, and sometimes it takes a bit of flying back and forth between Sothis and CEOS refreshing the mission boards. You can probably make more money just doing smuggling missions between the two, it's a one hop jumps. Although you may have to build your rep with them to get the good smuggling missions.

After I fill this load and deliver it, I'll have over 700 million credits. :)

Edit: I just found a delivery for 8T of cargo, that pays 3.4 million, so if you logged in and out and went back and forth between stations, it would take awhile to fill up, but if you had 10 of those, you'd make 34 million in your asp. It would probably take awhile just to find those 8t missions though.

Last edited:
Robigo is only 4 or so jumps from Sothis and CEOs. I'd get as much cargo as you can, and still keep a decent fuel scoop. 84t, you should be able to find a mission for anywhere from 5-7 million or so, and maybe even a 2-3 million mission for 8t to fill your load out.

Sometimes I go down there and fill up with missions right away, and sometimes it takes a bit of flying back and forth between Sothis and CEOS refreshing the mission boards. You can probably make more money just doing smuggling missions between the two, it's a one hop jumps. Although you may have to build your rep with them to get the good smuggling missions.

After I fill this load and deliver it, I'll have over 700 million credits. :)

Edit: I just found a delivery for 8T of cargo, that pays 3.4 million, so if you logged in and out and went back and forth between stations, it would take awhile to fill up, but if you had 10 of those, you'd make 34 million in your asp. It would probably take awhile just to find those 8t missions though.

Is Robigo still worth trying too? I saw something that said it was nerf'd now. Well, I know what I'm doing tonight lol, Sothis it is, 400ly takes me about 15 jumps from where I'm at now in the Li yong Rui territory, that should only take about 25-30 minutes with fuel scooping :) of course the return trip will take longer, I get about 24.5 ly fully laden.

Is Robigo still worth trying too? I saw something that said it was nerf'd now. Well, I know what I'm doing tonight lol, Sothis it is, 400ly takes me about 15 jumps from where I'm at now in the Li yong Rui territory, that should only take about 25-30 minutes with fuel scooping :) of course the return trip will take longer, I get about 24.5 ly fully laden.
I tried Robigo the other day and there wasn't anything. Sothis and CEOs are where the action is. Wether it's smuggling or deliveries, it pays huge. I just messed around for thirty minutes trying to find one last load. I finally found one, but had to dump a 12t mission to fit it in. I just abandoned the mission, went outside the station and dumped the 12t. Another good tip I got Sothis sells a rare commodity called "Sothis crystalline gold". So you can fill a few cargo spots up with that to fill your load out.

Edit: I get about 18ly laden, I'm on my way back to the bubble. Actually most of the delivery areas are in LI Yong Ruis area

Ok I am an idiot. I checked my inventory last night and the Specialized Legacy Firmware was in there, both of them. So the missions did reward me, I was just looking in the wrong place! Time to visit Farseer again, I just need one more Atypical Wake Echoes before I go there for the extended range FSD mod. I was also looking at the Synthesis menu, there is some really cool stuff in there, I didn't realize that you could also repair and refuel your SRV, this could come in very handy when you are exploring way out there and need a quick fix. I will definitely also install a AFM unit before I make a pilgrimage.

Right now there is a million things I want to do, like visit Sol and visit the other system permits I've earned, I have yet to go to any of them; I'm sure I am missing out on some cool things. I also want to explore more and search for interesting interstellar bodies to photograph them. I don't play with the photo mode nearly enough. Last night I found two planets locked in orbit around each other. I wanted to land on one and take some photos but I didn't have an SRV with me.

I made a run out to Ceos and Sothis, it was 17 jumps (because I didn't realize I had some cargo in my hold). It took about 30 minutes to get there and I spent about an hour increasing my rep with the factions by flying data missions back and forth. I didn't see any high dollar smuggling missions so I didn't bother. I made 17 million on the return trip but I had to be very choosey on the missions, if you hold out for awhile then you will get 'the deliver 8 units of Biowaste' for 3 million type mission, which you can stack and make a nice profit. It is time consuming though. The return trip also took about 30 minutes to the first station, then I made 4 more stops after that until all was delivered which probably took about an hour total. So all in all I spent 3 hours and made 17 million, stayed up way too late doing it.

I can't see why they would nerf this, I could make nearly that much smuggling in the same amount of time if I put my mind to it. Sure smuggling has more risk, but you can also get interdicted doing the Sothis run. I got interdicted a total of 3 times, lucky for me, my modified Asp can outrun just about anything, even larger ships with tractor beams. I just boost, chaff and them jump out of there, but if I was in a lesser ship that could be trouble. I am happy with the run I made, it is very lucrative for the time spent. I could see making the trip in a 'conda and making 30-50 million easily. I just need a 'Conda first lol. I'm thinking about trying it with a d-rated Python build but with a type A FSD, the cargo capacity would probably be somewhere around 132 or so.

I haven't thought to go outside the station to dump cargo, I just dump mine inside the station right were I'm docked lol.

Last edited:
Ok I am an idiot. I checked my inventory last night and the Specialized Legacy Firmware was in there, both of them. So the missions did reward me, I was just looking in the wrong place! Time to visit Farseer again, I just need one more Atypical Wake Echoes before I go there for the extended range FSD mod. I was also looking at the Synthesis menu, there is some really cool stuff in there, I didn't realize that you could also repair and refuel your SRV, this could come in very handy when you are exploring way out there and need a quick fix. I will definitely also install a AFM unit before I make a pilgrimage.

Right now there is a million things I want to do, like visit Sol and visit the other system permits I've earned, I have yet to go to any of them; I'm sure I am missing out on some cool things. I also want to explore more and search for interesting interstellar bodies to photograph them. I don't play with the photo mode nearly enough. Last night I found two planets locked in orbit around each other. I wanted to land on one and take some photos but I didn't have an SRV with me.

I made a run out to Ceos and Sothis, it was 17 jumps (because I didn't realize I had some cargo in my hold). It took about 30 minutes to get there and I spent about an hour increasing my rep with the factions by flying data missions back and forth. I didn't see any high dollar smuggling missions so I didn't bother. I made 17 million on the return trip but I had to be very choosey on the missions, if you hold out for awhile then you will get 'the deliver 8 units of Biowaste' for 3 million type mission, which you can stack and make a nice profit. It is time consuming though. The return trip also took about 30 minutes to the first station, then I made 4 more stops after that until all was delivered which probably took about an hour total. So all in all I spent 3 hours and made 17 million, stayed up way too late doing it.

I can't see why they would nerf this, I could make nearly that much smuggling in the same amount of time if I put my mind to it. Sure smuggling has more risk, but you can also get interdicted doing the Sothis run. I got interdicted a total of 3 times, lucky for me, my modified Asp can outrun just about anything, even larger ships with tractor beams. I just boost, chaff and them jump out of there, but if I was in a lesser ship that could be trouble. I am happy with the run I made, it is very lucrative for the time spent. I could see making the trip in a 'conda and making 30-50 million easily. I just need a 'Conda first lol. I'm thinking about trying it with a d-rated Python build but with a type A FSD, the cargo capacity would probably be somewhere around 132 or so.

I haven't thought to go outside the station to dump cargo, I just dump mine inside the station right were I'm docked lol.

I'm glad you made some ok money. I have 863 million right now, I'm going to try to muster up 2 more trips, and that's it I'm done lol. I should have plenty to buy a anaconda, FDL, FAS, maybe an asp set up for exploration and a Vulture, and A rate them all right away. Then I'm done grinding. No more trading or any of that mess. I doubt I do much engineering on the ships I buy, until they fix the material drop rate.(which they said they were going to).

I'm going in easy mode, from now on when I play, I'm just going to mess around and pick one of my ships, and blow stuff up. I have entirely too much time in this game, and I still enjoy it, but grind mode endless hour time is over for me.

I know what you mean, I've been playing this game solidly since March, barely touched any of my racing games since then, and somehow it doesn't bother me at all. I am going to play this game all summer until Forza Horizon 3 comes out, then I will take a break from it for a little while. I want a Vette and a 'Conda and then I will go for the Imperial ships. Right now my Fleet consists of (and they're all docked at one station)

Eagle, Viper MK3, Cobra MK3, Adder, Cobra MK4, AspX, FAS, Type 7

I think by the end of August or early September we will get 2.2 which is supposed to add more mission types, cruise missions carry tourists, new ships like the Dolphin, ship launched fighters and more.

I know what you mean, I've been playing this game solidly since March, barely touched any of my racing games since then, and somehow it doesn't bother me at all. I am going to play this game all summer until Forza Horizon 3 comes out, then I will take a break from it for a little while. I want a Vette and a 'Conda and then I will go for the Imperial ships. Right now my Fleet consists of (and they're all docked at one station)

Eagle, Viper MK3, Cobra MK3, Adder, Cobra MK4, AspX, FAS, Type 7

I think by the end of August or early September we will get 2.2 which is supposed to add more mission types, cruise missions carry tourists, new ships like the Dolphin, ship launched fighters and more.

I just have the Cutter, Python and Cobra right now. Cutter and python are worth 800+ million alone. I'm still going to play, just not grind for hours like I've been.

I really wanted a corvette, but I'm not grinding Fed ranks until they fix the progression. It's not even worth it right now, it takes a stupid amount of missions just to move it a few percent now. It was slow before engineers, but this is just ridiculous. If they fix it eventually, I'm sure I'll get one someday. I'm just not going to spend countless hours grinding rank, for a ship I'll have to grind for countless hours to buy and fully upgrade. :)

I can't believe I'm already halfway to the next rank since getting chief petty officer and the FAS, it's slower but still doable. At least you have the money for it now and that's half the battle. I'll be in the same boat when I try for the Imperial Ranks, I'm sure it will take forever. I think when you leave the power you were pledged with, in my case the Federation and leave to a new power, the Empire, don't you get to export half of your rank? I think I remember reading that in the power play menus.

I can't believe I'm already halfway to the next rank since getting chief petty officer and the FAS, it's slower but still doable. At least you have the money for it now and that's half the battle. I'll be in the same boat when I try for the Imperial Ranks, I'm sure it will take forever. I think when you leave the power you were pledged with, in my case the Federation and leave to a new power, the Empire, don't you get to export half of your rank? I think I remember reading that in the power play menus.
I don't know how that works, I've never been pledged. Being pledged doesn't help you rank any quicker, from what I've read. I'm at 100 percent ensign now. Each rank you gain, it gets slower and slower to progress. The progression from Marquis to Duke was a nightmare, and that was doing charity missions when they still worked good, and before they changed the missions. I still have four whole ranks to gain after this one. I know how many missions I've done too, just to go from 20% ensign to 100%, a whole freaking bunch lol.

I'm back in the bubble. I'll have over 900 milion after this run, I wouldn't have to make one more run, but I'm going to. If my maths correct, I should have about 120 million or so left over then, after I buy and max the conda, FDL, and FAS.

They have that summer sale going on, there's a bunch of great discounts on games this week on Xb1. I've played most of the ones I would want, but am downloading GTA V right now. I've played it before, but on my 360 and didn't have internet access. So the rest of the summer and early fall, it will be elite dangerous and GTA V. :)

Haven't played since Saturday because I'm at the hospital (my wife just had a baby girl), but I did get a chance to buy an anaconda. I flew my Type 7 to Ray station in Diaguandri and traded it in. Made one run to sothis and back and netted 40 million. Man this ship is huge, it's a challenge just getting through the mail slot with it but I'm finally getting the hang of it. I did buy a docking computer to help with the landings.

Haven't played since Saturday because I'm at the hospital (my wife just had a baby girl), but I did get a chance to buy an anaconda. I flew my Type 7 to Ray station in Diaguandri and traded it in. Made one run to sothis and back and netted 40 million. Man this ship is huge, it's a challenge just getting through the mail slot with it but I'm finally getting the hang of it. I did buy a docking computer to help with the landings.
Congrats on the baby girl!!! :gtpflag:
That's pretty cool man. :cheers:

I finished up my Sothis runs last week. I ended up with this much:

image.png

That was enough to buy an anaconda, FDL, FAS, a vulture, A rate them all, and I still have 165 million. I haven't played a whole lot the past few days, I'm just slowly working on engineer mods for the anaconda and FDL.

I really like the anaconda a lot, from how some people talked, I thought it was going to be a lot harder to turn in it, but I find it just fine. I'm sure it will even be better one I mod the thrusters. I've been playing around with different loadouts on it, and finally have found one I like. For me, it's a breeze getting through the mail slot compared to the Cutter. As much as I've flown that thing, I'm just now getting where I can go through and not get hung up.

I've always found antimony to be one of the hardest surface minerals to find, and you need a bunch of it if you're modding a lot of shield boosters. I found a cool place Someone mentioned on the forums to get it. It's on Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1. At coordinates 20.8729, 91.6706 there's a wrecked anaconda. There's three cargo racks you can blow up that have a chance to give antimony. If you save the game and reload,, they reappear. I just got here, but have found at least one antimony each reload so far. It's only a couple jumps from Maia, but make sure you bring a discovery and surface scanner, there's no Nav beacon so you will need them to find the planet. Also make sure both those coordinates aren't negative, I spent a half hour going crazy trying to find it, and I was at -20.8729, 91.6706. :lol: It's really easy to spot from the air, so if you don't see it, don't land. 👍

Congrats on the baby girl!!! :gtpflag:
That's pretty cool man. :cheers:

I finished up my Sothis runs last week. I ended up with this much:

View attachment 567395

That was enough to buy an anaconda, FDL, FAS, a vulture, A rate them all, and I still have 165 million. I haven't played a whole lot the past few days, I'm just slowly working on engineer mods for the anaconda and FDL.

I really like the anaconda a lot, from how some people talked, I thought it was going to be a lot harder to turn in it, but I find it just fine. I'm sure it will even be better one I mod the thrusters. I've been playing around with different loadouts on it, and finally have found one I like. For me, it's a breeze getting through the mail slot compared to the Cutter. As much as I've flown that thing, I'm just now getting where I can go through and not get hung up.

I've always found antimony to be one of the hardest surface minerals to find, and you need a bunch of it if you're modding a lot of shield boosters. I found a cool place Someone mentioned on the forums to get it. It's on Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1. At coordinates 20.8729, 91.6706 there's a wrecked anaconda. There's three cargo racks you can blow up that have a chance to give antimony. If you save the game and reload,, they reappear. I just got here, but have found at least one antimony each reload so far. It's only a couple jumps from Maia, but make sure you bring a discovery and surface scanner, there's no Nav beacon so you will need them to find the planet. Also make sure both those coordinates aren't negative, I spent a half hour going crazy trying to find it, and I was at -20.8729, 91.6706. :lol: It's really easy to spot from the air, so if you , see it, don't land. 👍

Great job man, you are set! Plus you still have some left over for any new ships they release in the future! oh and thank you, she's a sweet little girl, we named her Lillian, I'm sure Lilly will be her nickname . We should be checking out of here in the morning, the I have two weeks off. I will have plenty of time with her and to play Elite when she's sleeping. I plan on making more runs then I want to get either a python or a FDL next an A-Rate it. I still have to finish the FAS too.

Great job man, you are set! Plus you still have some left over for any new ships they release in the future! oh and thank you, she's a sweet little girl, we named her Lillian, I'm sure Lilly will be her nickname . We should be checking out of here in the morning, the I have two weeks off. I will have plenty of time with her and to play Elite when she's sleeping. I plan on making more runs then I want to get either a python or a FDL next an A-Rate it. I still have to finish the FAS too.

Your first I take it? Good look with that, and many congratulations. :cheers:

Your first I take it? Good look with that, and many congratulations. :cheers:

No sir, this one is considered the bonus baby, the icing on the cake. I also have one boy (8) and one girl (5) and I honestly thought I was done (it's hard to have 3rd when you have one of each), but now we are definitely done, going to get the 'ol snip-snip done soon, lol.

Hey guys after my last trip to Bernard's Loop I decided to go bigger, much BIGGER. I'm currently en route to Sagittarius A* the monster black hole at the center of the galaxy some 22,000 LY away. currently i'm over 15,000LY from sol with 98% hull and all modules above 93% with no AMFU. here are a few things I have found I blanked location since they are new discoverers and I want my name on them when I get back.

In this planets 1,3 and 4 all water worlds
20160704160004_1_zpsl4erodzn.jpg

2 ammonia worlds in close proximity
20160704194843_1_zpsvnsxcoop.jpg

2 water worlds orbiting each other
20160707191348_1_zps07addbtx.jpg

and finally current location
20160715100517_1_zpscgeyrvij.jpg

Lots more stuff has been found but it would just make a huge boring post lol also not found an earth like yet.

Hey guys after my last trip to Bernard's Loop I decided to go bigger, much BIGGER. I'm currently en route to Sagittarius A* the monster black hole at the center of the galaxy some 22,000 LY away. currently i'm over 15,000LY from sol with 98% hull and all modules above 93% with no AMFU. here are a few things I have found I blanked location since they are new discoverers and I want my name on them when I get back.

In this planets 1,3 and 4 all water worlds
20160704160004_1_zpsl4erodzn.jpg

2 ammonia worlds in close proximity
20160704194843_1_zpsvnsxcoop.jpg

2 water worlds orbiting each other
20160707191348_1_zps07addbtx.jpg

and finally current location
20160715100517_1_zpscgeyrvij.jpg

Lots more stuff has been found but it would just make a huge boring post lol also not found an earth like yet.
That's pretty cool stuff! I don't know if I'll ever go that far out. When I want to explore, I usually go 3-5 thousand LY off the bubble somewhere, and I usually find a bunch of undiscovered stuff.

What do you fly as your explorer ship? I have a cobra I use for mine, it gets around 26ly a hop with a modded FSD. It would be neat to try one of those exploration anacondas with a modded FSD that get 56ly jump range. I modded my anacondas FSD, and I hit it perfect, 44% optimal mass. I have it heavily modded for combat though, so it gets 21ly a jump. That's really great for a heavily modded combat conda. I was getting 15ly.

I could get 50ly plus with that great result on my FSD, but I'd have to take off all my modded shield boosters/generator, HRP's armor etc, and I'm not going to do that. I really wish they gave you an option to store modules.

That's pretty cool stuff! I don't know if I'll ever go that far out. When I want to explore, I usually go 3-5 thousand LY off the bubble somewhere, and I usually find a bunch of undiscovered stuff.

What do you fly as your explorer ship? I have a cobra I use for mine, it gets around 26ly a hop with a modded FSD. It would be neat to try one of those exploration anacondas with a modded FSD that get 56ly jump range. I modded my anacondas FSD, and I hit it perfect, 44% optimal mass. I have it heavily modded for combat though, so it gets 21ly a jump. That's really great for a heavily modded combat conda. I was getting 15ly.

I could get 50ly plus with that great result on my FSD, but I'd have to take off all my modded shield boosters/generator, HRP's armor etc, and I'm not going to do that. I really wish they gave you an option to store modules.

That sounds like an awesome role on your anaconda! It would be cool to have storage even if it was station specific like ship storage when you consider how hard it is to get a good role. I currently am in a stock ASP explorer, I did try to get a level 3 upgrade on FSD but I couldn't find any missions with modular terminals. I did manage to get my ASP to about 31LY range with full tank (32T) and about 33LY when nearly empty. I am getting a bit bored now lol but I have gone too far to turn back, I'm still covering about 1000-1500 Ly every day or two.

I DID IT! I found an earth like and this one even has a moon!
20160716124314_1_zpsfb7dl0zb.jpg

20160716124101_1_zpsyntvh7z7.jpg

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I've been on here so I'm not sure where to start, I love the FAS, I A-Rated all of the essential modules for combat and D-Rated the nonessential modules for maximum jump ability. My unladen range is just a hair under 19ly at 18.96 and that is running a full combat build with an SRV, FSD interdictor and so on. It's built for one thing, taking out enemies. I love the maneuverability, it is great for dogfightingThe only thing I can't find for it yet is Reinforced Armor, the module finder website was wrong, I checked every station listed nearby and none of them had it for the FAS., It's still a pretty tough ship without it.

Now that I have the Anaconda for Ceos runs, I refitted my Asp Explorer, It's now a fully armed ship with and advanced discovery scanner, surface detail scanner, SRV, just about everything essential is A-rated and engineer modded. I still wouldn't take on a Python with it, but all other smaller ships I have no problem with now. I just modified my FSD to a level 4 at Farseer Inc, I am now getting 34 ly unladen with this, armored, heavy weaponry build. Oh and if anyone is looking for Yttrium for the FSD range mod, I found some on Decait 7a pretty easily.

Screenshot-Original.png

I also finally went to the Sol system, got enamored with the capital ship orbiting earth and a little to close, I might add, then got blown to pieces. Don't get too close to it. I spent some time doing various missions in Sol to up my influence, I'm cordial right now teetering on Friendly, here is a shot in front of a terraformed Mars

Screenshot-Original.png

Another prospecting shot:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Anyone know any epic trade routes? I'm currently running Imperial slaves from Knight Gateway, Yimanbin to Schoening City, Gebel and then running gallium back from Theodorsen, Gebel to Knight Gateway. It's a pretty profitable route - 61k for each 16-ton load of slaves, and 9,200 for each load of gallium - but I'm always up for a better route.

Anyone know any epic trade routes? I'm currently running Imperial slaves from Knight Gateway, Yimanbin to Schoening City, Gebel and then running gallium back from Theodorsen, Gebel to Knight Gateway. It's a pretty profitable route - 61k for each 16-ton load of slaves, and 9,200 for each load of gallium - but I'm always up for a better route.

I haven't traded in awhile since the sothis/ceos run is so profitable, but before I was using Thrudd's Elite Dangerous trading tool: http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

Now mainly what I do is accept good trade missions from my local systems and piggy back on those with a large ship. So if the run is for 43 units of Gold and I have 352t cargo space then I fill up the rest of my hold with additional gold and sell that when I get there.

Changelog from yesterday's patch below, looks like the rare Engineer materials and rare commodities drop rates were balanced. This should ease up the grind for doing the Engineer's stuff.

Change log below:

Stability Fixes
- Fixed Skimmer Group issue
- Fix a crash if we try to send a message to or about a player that is no longer in the game
- Fix crash during high res screen capture
- Fix crash in wing manager
- Fix for the pilot object never being destroyed
- Fix a number of unreleased effects that could potentially have caused small memory leaks
- Fix crash when calculating the tidal locking amount for a planet with exactly -180 axial tilt
- Fixes to protect against a fatal network error, and early detection of the disconnection with server
- Fixes a crash in the fairly rare case of a ship being killed or fleeing while waiting for a response to a docking request
- Fixes for cross-platform crashes reported from the Xbox client
- Improvements to memory management to tackle cases of fragmentation
- Fix a potential NaN in the vehicle system
- Added crash protection in outfitting when getting the inventory for a sub slot
- Fix crash when taking damage and when a contributing player doesn't exist anymore, likely due to quitting
- Fix a server crash if a CQC game ends at the same time the lobby is shut down
- Fix a crash if you disconnect while shooting someone while in CQC
- Fix a crash in CQC capture the flag if someone leaves the game at the same time that the flag is dropped
- Fix crash when disconnecting while taking damage in CQC
- Fix a transaction server error when transferring cargo on changing ships

General Tweaks & Fixes
- Added surface scan materials data to system map
- Added Federal supply stations to Merope
- Fix to allow TrackIR users to have the same headlook range as before the 2.1 patch when live
- Mouse cursor stuck on side of screen when in main menu fixed
- Station weapon strength increased to allow for players with engineer upgraded defences
- When dropping out after an interdiction make sure we don't drop out too close to a planet
- Added Saitek x56 control pre-set
- Fix occasional doubling up of first discovery names on the system map
- Fix for first discovery bonuses not being paid out when all members of a wing sell their exploration data
- Factions can no longer retreat if fewer than 3 factions would remain in that star system
- Fixed combat rank increases awarded from killing other Commanders
- If the game owner has changed before we close CharacterComponent (because we switched users for instance), then don't save the PlayerMisc config. Otherwise we'll save the old user's settings in the new user's save data
- Added latest batch of translations
- Various text fixes

Xbox One
- Updated New Logo and Idents
- Improvement to user settings when switching players
- Added a language override option to allow players to choose English over their default console language
- Reduce the frequency that the statistic events are sent to make them less spammy
- Don't allow the player to spam Create Commander requests - block new requests while another is active
- Don't refresh the XBL Inventory when unconstraining to avoid the client and server getting out of sync

CQC
- Matchmaker optimisations
- Removed the localisation from commander name in CQC as it is causing issues in the UI for long names

NPCs
- Removed boost from lowest NPC ranks
- Removed sub-system targetting
- Allow players a better chance of fleeing from NPC ships
- Rebalance for fixed scenario AI set up, specifically for Nav Beacons and RES sites
- Increase the threaten timer across the board for all AI. Pirates have slight higher since they are waiting for cargo to be dropped
- Set all AI ships in lawful space to have an interdiction rank range of 2 or less ranks below their own, and all AI ships in anarchy space to have an interdiction rank range of 3 or less ranks below their own
- Slightly reduced Anarchy interdictions, whilst keeping them more dangerous than lawful systems.

Engineers
- Wide ranging changes to drop rates and USSs: Change the rate and spread of drops from missions, wakes, ship scanning, USS collection, mining, data links and scannable wreckage
- Fixed blueprints being lost when using reputation to override the special modifier
- Make sure POI data points have the firmware rarity improvements mirrored across to them
- Rebalance POI data point drop quantities, including the rate and spread of drops
- Change the weighting on "Wrecks" USS
- Fix for being able to select an unselectable adjust option which appeared to give a free upgrade
- When collecting physical micro resources or retrieving data loot, add 3 to the inventory instead of 1. If your inventory can't fit 3, just add enough to fill the inventory
- Added locations to the descriptions of the commodities
- Material positions are now replicated correctly
- Balanced values for Materials amount and rarity spawned by PoI's to address difficulty of finding resources

Weapons
- Fix infinite ammo reloading on player ships
- Make the diminishing returns cap on external heat attacks more harsh, primarily making it very hard to cause significant hull damage with heat from thermal shock/cascade
- 20% reduction in heat applied by Thermal Cascade
- Fixed lens flare on class 4 burst laser

Missions
- Make permit missions have rank up tick box ticked
- When attempting to add a message to the inbox list in GUI, check if the mission manager knows about the mission. Don't show it if it doesn't
- Add a short wait time before the client re-requests a tutorial mission (60 seconds)
- Fix to allow Navy promotion missions to succeed if offered prematurely
- Fix to use the correct rank name in Navy promotion inbox messages
- Automatically clean up undeletable inbox messages for expired missions
- When attempting to add a message to the inbox list in gui, check if the mission manager knows about the mission. Don't show it if it doesn't
- Fix for Settlement Not Spawn Spawning Mission Required Skimmers

Scenarios/USSs/POIs
- Fixed various issues with capital ship scenarios
- Added new types of USS and new USS classifications
- Rebalance for fixed scenario AI set up, specifically for Nav Beacons and RES sites
- Separate Checkpoints/seeking weapons into a separate WarSupport scenario bucket and when generating war scenarios guarantee that at least one is always from the actual War bucket rather than support, to prevent warring systems being full of checkpoints but no actual combat zones people can participate in

Ships
- Diamondback Scout - cannot land on planet surface fixed

Render
- Make the render feature system more robust against GraphicsConfig.xml being broken

Powerplay
- Fix for "System Resistance" ships not having any weapons in Military Strike zones in powerplay systems
- Prevent depopulating systems, change the background sim to only allow Factions to retreat if there are at least 4 factions in that system
- Additional modifier to require a commodities market during Trade related CG's

Audio
- Fixed bug where planetary music suite didn't play when approaching from supercruise
- Reduced the timing interval on the probe to bring the total transmission down to just over 6 mins
- Small volume boost on flight controllers and radio chatter

I MADE IT! woop woop after maybe a month or more I finally got there. Now I am going to head to the nutron fields to make a bit more money and by then I hope Jacques has the ability to sell my exploration data.

The final plot.
83167C33F8282FF6796AB38F53F1AEC688310017

AC38D6C10ABD7273717D5B5284DA67C3D2F81428

A2F8EEF95560316A5F6F1CBA662A58171BF32779

Back to the Engineer grind, I'm working on getting my relationship with the Eurybia Blue Mafia high enough to unlock the 5th Engineer, I made it to 'Cordial' last night, it took about 6 missions, need to get it up to 'Friendly' though.

Back to the Engineer grind, I'm working on getting my relationship with the Eurybia Blue Mafia high enough to unlock the 5th Engineer, I made it to 'Cordial' last night, it took about 6 missions, need to get it up to 'Friendly' though.
I played some over the weekend, I have my anaconda almost fully modded, just have a couple weopons to do yet. I'm also working on my FDL too.

I started a new job and been working tons of hours, lots of 10-12 hour days, so I don't play as much as I did. I find myself getting really bored with the game now, I have enough materials to try 6 rolls for a level 5 dirty drive on my FDL. It only gets 10-11 LY per jump. I'm currently on my way to Maia, it's 60 jumps from founders world, I get so bored quick, I'll jump 8-10 jumps and turn it off! :lol:

Once I mod my FDL, I really don't know what's going to keep me interested anymore, every single activity I find, is fun for 30 minutes, then I tire of it. Maybe I've played too much, I just can't get into it like I was.

Back