Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,180 comments
Fs0AiBrXoAIJaLo

At least when you search for "Musk" and "Doge", the search now returns "Twitter homepage" instead of "$258 billion racketeering case".

Full power to the deflector shields!

I really don't mind him pumping Doge. I still have 10k of them floating around, those are now worth 920 Euro. Last time he went bananas with his Doge loving I bought the 62 Impala.

And all that for 10 euros of investment.

We need a polished poopie emoji.

I really don't mind him pumping Doge. I still have 10k of them floating around, those are now worth 920 Euro. Last time he went bananas with his Doge loving I bought the 62 Impala.

And all that for 10 euros of investment.

We need a polished poopie emoji.
I mean, he's REALLY not helping his case saying that Doge isn't a pump and dump if he goes ahead and does this. Ignoring the fact that crypto could be a scam, to dance around violating SEC laws repeatedly is akin to walking into a live munitions field. Eventually it will blow up.

The way Crypto is being used right now is definitely a scam, as all of the coins suffer from the pump and dump tactics.

As someone with a bunch of Doge that I bought for less than $20, I'm in favour of Elon pumping.

I've never heard of them, but checking out their site, it looks to just be a site aimed at independent writers/podcasters create content through paid subscriptions.

I guess I'm just completely lost, but where is Twitter seeing the threat with them?

From what I read in the article they see Substack's notes feature as a competing platform, so have decided to flag links to tweets on their site.

Last edited:
I've never heard of them, but checking out their site, it looks to just be a site aimed at independent writers/podcasters create content through paid subscriptions.

I guess I'm just completely lost, but where is Twitter seeing the threat with them?
They had just announced their Twitter alternative

Well, it's his company, so he can do whatever he wants, but...

..."Titter"? Really?

To think some people down here wanted him to purchase the ailing Eskom (South Africa's national power utility) to make things 'better'...

Glad you left South Africa, Elon. Thanks.

Well, it's his company, so he can do whatever he wants, but...
It's not so much that as it is the hypocrisy of claiming that you're going to be an open platform and represent free speech etc. and then doing the opposite.

Is he going to buy Rotten Tomatoes next and show only his ratings for movies?

Musky or Malodorous?

Critics and the public are often way far apart with a bunch of films. It's why a Marvel movie can rake in a billion dollars and never win an Oscar. Critics are, well critical and look at a movie from all angles, whereas the general public typically just wants to be entertained.

He's right, but the tweet he's quoting looks to be picking at what could be an underlying, irrelevant issue.
Because critics have a problem with Chris Pratt
What's the problem with Chris Pratt? Is it his rendition of Mario's voice which most people who've watched it, seem completely ok with. Or...is this another right-wing persecution fetish at hand where they believe Pratt isn't liked by liberal Hollywood because he's such a good, proud Christian man they believe the left has tried to "cancel"?

Going by the comments, I'm confident I'm on the mark. Someone pointed out how well Guardians did with Pratt as the lead role, to which BoredElon tried to counter with Dominion & The Tomorrow War. I'm a gigantic Jurassic Park fan, and sorry, Dominion did kind of stink (& that's me not trying to cry saying that). Fallen Kingdom being mid-way (47%) & World (71%) immediately counter his point. Tomorrow War sucked major ass with big plot holes.

Critics don't have a problem with Pratt. They appeared to have reviewed this film from their perspective rather then perspective I've seen others approach, that this is a kid's movie, first and foremost so it's probably not going to be as in-depth & laid out to adults because it's made to make kids happy and sell Nintendo's brand. Overall, I have still seen it concluded as good movie that does what it was set out to do.

Last edited:
He's right, but the tweet he's quoting looks to be picking at what could be an underlying, irrelevant issue.

What's the problem with Chris Pratt? Is it his rendition of Mario's voice which most people who've watched it, seem completely ok with. Or...is this another right-wing persecution fetish at hand where they believe Pratt isn't liked by liberal Hollywood because he's such a good, proud Christian man they believe the left has tried to "cancel"?

Going by the comments, I'm confident I'm on the mark. Someone pointed out how well Guardians did with Pratt as the lead role, to which BoredElon tried to counter with Dominion & The Tomorrow War. I'm a gigantic Jurassic Park fan, and sorry, Dominion did kind of stink (& that's me not trying to cry saying that). Fallen Kingdom being mid-way (47%) & World (71%) immediately counter his point. Tomorrow War sucked major ass with big plot holes.

Critics don't have a problem with Pratt. They appeared to have reviewed this film from their perspective rather then perspective I've seen others approach, that this is a kid's movie, first and foremost so it's probably not going to be as in-depth & laid out to adults because it's made to make kids happy and sell Nintendo's brand. Overall, I have still seen it concluded as good movie that does what it was set out to do.
Plus hasn’t the Terminal List had good reviews while Pratt was at the helm?

I don’t mind Pratt and his politics and religious beliefs have no baring for me on if I’ll watch one of his movies or TV shows. If it sucks it sucks.

What's the problem with Chris Pratt?
Supposedly people have a problem with Chris Pratt because they said he belonged to the Hillsong Church, even though he's come out and said he'd never gone there. I don't know the full scope of the "controversy" but based on some things I've seen floating around social media, it has to do with the church's anti-LGBT stance or something.

What's the problem with Chris Pratt?
I don't like Chris Pratt because he was a) crap and b) literally just him in the first three things I saw/heard with him in, and I've neither seen nor heard anything with him in since that this didn't also apply to. I think Guardians of the Galaxy 1 was the third thing (might have been the second, and I watched a couple of episodes of the sitcom he's in afterwards), so I was on the "Can Chris Pratt be over now?" train early.

I mean, he's not particularly unique in not being a particularly versatile actor. Ryan Reynolds, Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, maybe Michelle Rodriguez all barely act and just play themselves in pretty much everything they've ever been in, but I don't find them particularly crap (mmm... not a fan of Jack Black though). Jeff Goldblum these days as well - albeit after a back catalogue of quite a lot of acting, so he's forgiven. Pratt's just not very good at it.

By all accounts he's not especially bad in All The Mario References Everywhere All At Once - many reviews point to the chronic underutilisation of Charlie Day and the existence of Seth Rogen (another "it's just me" "actor") - but he's a celebrity lending his voice to a character rather than a voice-actor doing voice acting (like when he was Emmet in The LEGO Movie), which pissed a lot of people (and voice-actors) off.

Lots of people started hating him because of Infinity War: Star-Lord chucked a tantrum on Titan and killed half of everyone as a result. Because people are idiots.

Latest Posts

Back