[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
2nd Akasaka Grand Prix

2nd Akasaka Grand Prix.jpg

Time and date: November 26, ??:?? CET (click for countdown) (tba)

Event Introduction

A little more than 15 years ago, Gran Turismo 3 was released as the series' first main entry on the PlayStation 2, a hardware much more capable than the original PlayStation, and, if Polyphony is to be trusted, better in many ways than even the PlayStation 3 that succeeded it.

All this fancy new stuff meant a graphical revolution. The cars were as beautiful as they had ever been in any game before, and the locations where far more detailed as well. So naturally, to really showcase all this, Polyphony not only updated a few fan favorites from previous entries (including the thus-far latest appearance of Special Stage Route 11), but introduced a couple of new tracks as well. Among those was Tokyo R246.

As was par for the course in those days, to properly introduce it and give players some extra track time on it, an endurance race was created. Originally set at 100 laps at its debut, it was shortened to an arguably more sensible 60 laps for Gran Turismo 4, the event was discontinued by Gran Turismo 5.

As was the case with Trial Mountain 2 Hours, a similar event was hosted by me about 3 years ago, however, also like aforementioned event at Trial Mountain, this revised edition is only similar in name, this time being a 2 hour timed race.

Simulation Options

Tyre wear and fuel consumption: Normal

Damage: Visual, Heavy

Slipstream: Real

Grip: Real

The Classes

All three classes present at the Trial Mountain 2 Hours will be open for entry again, and are joined by a fourth one.

680PP Racing Cars

Restrictions:
Max. PP: 680
Minimum weight: none
Vehicle type: Racing cars - prototypes
Drivetrain: 4WD banned
Other: Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05 banned

The 680PP class is the one most likely to claim overall victory. The relatively high PP setting aims this class squarely at Le Mans Prototypes, Group C racers and other cars of similarly high performance.

After two dominant victories by the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05, the car has been banned from participation.

600PP Racing Cars

Restrictions:
Max. PP: 600
Vehicle type: Racing cars - GT and touring
Drivetrain: 4WD banned
Other: Cars of the GT500 category limited to 580PP

The 600PP class may not have the speed of the 680 prototypes, but it features racing cars from around the world and is always an exciting mix of motorsport culture.

Due to their extreme levels of downforce, cars from the GT500 category will have an extra 20 PP added. Thus, in order to comply with regulations, they cannot run more than 580PP.

500PP Production Cars

Restrictions:
Max. PP: 500
Minimum weight: 900 kg
Vehicle type: Production - at least two seats
Drivetrain: Open
Other: 4WD cars limited to 495PP

The 500PP class is traditionally the most varied class, as it offers plenty of opportunity for creating your own racing machine.

Due to their advantage in power delivery and stability, cars with four wheel drive will be capped at 495PP. Furthermore, cars entered must have at least two seats and can weigh no less than 900kg in "race spec".

400PP Open

Restrictions:
Max. PP: 400
Vehicle type: Open
Drivetrain: Open
Other: none

The 400PP class is the result of a test race at the last event, and it's open for people to try it out. There are basically no regulations, apart from the obvious PP limit.

Live Streaming and Voice Chat

As with the previous event, I will livestream this event from my POV. However, this does mean a change to voice chat.

Voice chat will be moved from the games system onto Discord. This will hopefully allow the streaming service to pick up not only my voice, but the voices of other competitors as well, giving the full experience.

Qualifying

Qualifying for this event will be done in the GT6 Community Club that has been set up specifically for this event, and is similar to the original qualifying setup used in the 2016 edition of Midfield Sportscar Trophy.

The objective in qualifying is to complete as many laps as possible within a set amount of time in race-like conditions.

Links

GT6 Community Club (ID: 1068981)

Discord server

Click an image

Midfield Sports Car Trophy 2016 banner.jpg
Trial Mountain 2 hour 2016.jpg

Last edited:
Just signed up.

This is my ticket out of retirement...

What tires are all 3 classes running on?

I knew I'd miss something :lol:

Added it to the OP, but I'll put it here anyway:

Racing Medium or lower and you must change tyre type during the race, regardless if your second type will be Hards or Intermediate/Wet (I might set it to possibly rain during the race, haven't yet decided on that).

Hey morten, this may be obvious, but you also forgot to mention usage of nitrous... Sorry

Either way, it should be a fun race, if the lobbies' stability is willing to agree on that. I'm not sure if I'll stick to my original plan or move down a class to 500PP, but consider me interested. Whether my concentration can stand up to an endurance race or not I have zero idea, but it'll be an interesting challenge nonetheless.

I would like to sign up for the 500PP class, but I don't know If I'm able to do this race because I have a race in the same day...

Well, I did say I was a bit rusty, so I'm not surprised I've actually missed quite a bit :lol:

Added it to the Cars section 👍

Hey, at least the key points (namely car classes and race rules) are clear enough, so you haven't failed entirely as a race organizer. Still better than Brian France in my book. :lol:

Also, I've just signed my own name in this. For the better or the worse, I had intentions of using this car, so I'm sticking to it...

And no, it's not the Pontiac Vibe, as much as you loved that idea. But I could be convinced to use that with some persuasion :sly:

And no, it's not the Pontiac Vibe, as much as you loved that idea. But I could be convinced to use that with some persuasion :sly:

That thing might not be numberable, but, just the comedic value of a very slideways Vibe.. we can have that be the safety car! :lol:

That is another thing I'd like opinions on, should or should I not back out and instead play the role as safety car? It would open a few more options and I have done a two-hour sit-there-and-do-nothing safety car job before.

That thing might not be numberable, but, just the comedic value of a very slideways Vibe.. we can have that be the safety car! :lol:

That is another thing I'd like opinions on, should or should I not back out and instead play the role as safety car? It would open a few more options and I have done a two-hour sit-there-and-do-nothing safety car job before.

Well, you are the boss, I'll leave that choice to you. Problem is that while the Vibe is definitely an unique choice in terms of entertainment, it's not exactly a professional-looking pace car... I mean yes, the visual of a Vibe powersliding to kick off the race is brilliant stuff, but it ain't no M4 with flashlights. :lol:

As for the second question, again, it's up to you. Or to be more precise, it's up to your patience; if you can stomach over two hours standing still and looking pretty, opt for the safety car driver role and then do something else (like being a race steward, I dunno). If not, then join us lot as a pro racer...

Well, you are the boss, I'll leave that choice to you. Problem is that while the Vibe is definitely an unique choice in terms of entertainment, it's not exactly a professional-looking pace car... I mean yes, the visual of a Vibe powersliding to kick off the race is brilliant stuff, but it ain't no M4 with flashlights. :lol:

As for the second question, again, it's up to you. Or to be more precise, it's up to your patience; if you can stomach over two hours standing still and looking pretty, opt for the safety car driver role and then do something else (like being a race steward, I dunno). If not, then join us lot as a pro racer...

True, true, it's not professional, but it would be unique and you'd definitely remember being in the race where the safety car spun around in a cloud of smoke :lol:

I guess I'll let it depend on the number of drivers then. If we're no more than 10 come race day, a safety car isn't worth that much. If this, by any chance, ends up with a full grid, it might be an idea to have it in case things go wrong.

True, true, it's not professional, but it would be unique and you'd definitely remember being in the race where the safety car spun around in a cloud of smoke :lol:

I guess I'll let it depend on the number of drivers then. If we're no more than 10 come race day, a safety car isn't worth that much. If this, by any chance, ends up with a full grid, it might be an idea to have it in case things go wrong.

Well yes, that's the thing; on one hand, having a pace car that looks anything but that would provide some earnest laughs before we all put our serious faces on, but on the other there isn't much on it that makes a true pace car... Again, maybe it's worth it just for the laughs alone. :lol:

Very well, fair enough. A full grid would be nice, but then again, PD servers...

What's 8 + 2?

Yes, if people can be there somewhat on time, that's the plan.
8+2 is 10.

Well, then I will have to sit out from this one then.

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to attend that race. But I wish you good luck for the race and I hope that you do well. 👍

Question 1: does the number need to be apliciable, i.e. only base models and GT originals? Or can for example Mazda 787B, Pescaloro C60, Audi R8 be used?
Question 2: is the TS030 allowed in the 600PP class?

Last edited:
Also about OP cars in the 500pp class, shouldn't there be some rules concerning that? *couh* Lotus Elise... *cough*

Question 1: does the number need to be apliciable, i.e. only base models and GT originals? Or can for example Mazda 787B, Pescaloro C60, Audi R8 be used?

As long as the car has or can have a number applied to it, it's good to go.

Question 2: is the TS030 allowed in the 600PP class?
Also about OP cars in the 500pp class, shouldn't there be some rules concerning that? *couh* Lotus Elise... *cough*

The original idea was that people would bring pretty much whatever they feel like in the respective classes (and then face the choice between something that'll guarantee a certain victory and something that'll be fun to drive), but if some kind of restriction is requested, we're still early enough for that to happen.

So I guess you can consider the theoretic TS030-in-600PP a theoretic yes, for now, but mind the driver number.

The original idea was that people would bring pretty much whatever they feel like in the respective classes (and then face the choice between something that'll guarantee a certain victory and something that'll be fun to drive), but if some kind of restriction is requested, we're still early enough for that to happen.

So I guess you can consider the theoretic TS030-in-600PP a theoretic yes, for now, but mind the driver number.

We may need to change that if we don't want an all-prototype 600PP class and an all-Lotus Elise 500pp class...

Yeah, it may need some tweaking..

Last year, MR was completely banned in the 500PP class, but I don't really feel like doing that again because there are a few interesting MR cars. Maybe put them at a lower PP? It'd obviously need some testing to find a good level, but it should be possible.

As for the 600PP class, like it says in the OP, that class is aimed more towards GT and touring cars, so yes, as of right this instant, any form of prototype, be it actual LMP or Group C, goes in the 680 or nowhere.

Yeah, it may need some tweaking..

Last year, MR was completely banned in the 500PP class, but I don't really feel like doing that again because there are a few interesting MR cars. Maybe put them at a lower PP? It'd obviously need some testing to find a good level, but it should be possible.

As for the 600PP class, like it says in the OP, that class is aimed more towards GT and touring cars, so yes, as of right this instant, any form of prototype, be it actual LMP or Group C, goes in the 680 or nowhere.

Well, maybe ban prototypes in the 600PP class and some OP 500pp cars in the 500pp class then?

Also for the race, I'm expecting it to be like this:

"Three classes, 2 corners, 1 epic crash"

Last edited:
Signed up! White Samurai has been running 1:11's offline for the 500PP class. :D

1:11s!?

..yeah, I do need to do some 500PP speccing over the weekend, 11 isn't too far from 600PP territory.

That makes it a total of 4 confirmed entries (you're not actually considered as entered until you fill in the signup form).

Well it was going to happen at some point anyway, either that or simply banning them. I have too good a memory of a Lotus Elise injecting a wall of noise into my ears while I was safety car for a previous enduro to let the latter be the default again.

If anyone is interested (and I can find the time), I will be hosting open, public sessions at random throughout the weekend.

Back