Endurance Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 592 comments
Nurburgring 4 hour endurance race - 200 A-spec points

Infiniti G35 Sedan '03: 272 hp, S1/S1, 152 kg ballast vs NTSC lineup #14

The purpose of this setup is to win the Nurburgring 4 hr endurance race for 200 A-spec points, without nitrous or dubious driving tactics required or used. My G35 is Garnet Red, and I found the lineup #14 to be the best. This was BMW M3, Ford Focus, Renault Clio, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, and Fiat Turbo Coupe. My car has worn oil for 237 base horsepower. A secondary objective was to evaluate this car for possible purchase as my next road car.

The pitting schedule is 4 laps, but care will need to be taken not to abuse the tires so they last the 4th lap. The Clio is your quickest opposition, but he will self-destruct on his 4th lap of each stint, so the the M3 and SVT Cobra which have 5 lap pit schedules become your true opponents. You will be able to take the lead for good during the 2nd or 3rd stint with steady driving.

My MOV was 2'16.914 over the M3, total time 4:03.914 with a fastest lap of 8'11.674.

Full setup info is found here: http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8353/G35-Sedan-Dotini2001/

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Last edited:
I've started the Sarthe I 24hr race using a newish Mazda 787B (down to 799bhp). Its set as so:

200kg ballast
Downforce reduced to 53/74
Started on R1s, changed to R2/R1
gears auto 16

line up:

Nissan R92CP
Nissan R89C
Sauber C9
GT One
Mazda 787B

After 2:05'48.380 i've done 35 laps with a best of 3'27.044 and lead the Sauber C9 by 12.688 secs! I've ran this totally clean so far, not even cutting the curbs but it looks like a few shortcuts will have to appear cos i cant get rid of the C9.

I'll keep this updated as I go.

===========================================================================================

Well at just over 5 and a half hours and with a 1'30.000 lead I had to pull the plug :ouch: RL just got right in the way 👎 Hopefully in a few weeks time (when the Mrs is away) i'll get the oppertunity to run this race or one of the 9hr jobs.

Bud

Last edited:
El Capitan 200miles 200 A-spec

solsticeq.png

Car: bonestock Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept `02

raVer

I've just finished the 4hr Nurburgring Endurance and it was the closest racing I've ever had!

Car: New Lotus Elise 111S '03, S1/S1 tyres, Racing chip, 22kg ballast. No oil change. 163hp, 200 A-Spec pts 👍

Grid:
1. FPV F6 Typhoon '04
2. Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
3. BMW M3 '04
4. Mazda RX-8 Type S (J) '03
5. Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00
6. Lotus Elise 111S '03 :sly:

I initially attemped to win this race bone stock in my Elise, however, after 1 hour of racing and a pit cycle I was 37 seconds off the lead and the lead car was having no trouble entering the pit lane so I aborted to save wasting another 3hrs :indiff:

2nd attempt, I added a racing chip which dropped A-spec points to 195, so I added the minimum ballast possible to make 200 pts, which was 22kg.

So the race began, and after the first lap it was clear that the Mazda was going to be my main opponent. I held 2nd for what seemed like an eternity on my S1/S1 tyres, so 3rd pitstop I changed to S2/S1 as the fronts were hardly wearing at all and began to make inroads into the 30sec lead of the Mazda.

Eventually I got close enough that I could overtake the Mazda on the outlap from the pits, but he'd murder me on the straights. We continued like this til the last lap where I had to to some blocking on the final straight and I ended up winning by 1.256s :scared:

Closest endurance race I've ever had and I'm so glad I won! :dopey:

Result:

1. Lotus Elise 111S '03 29 laps complete, 4hrs04'47.124
2. Mazda RX-8 Type S (J) '03 +1.256s :nervous::scared:
3. BMW M3 '04 +/- 1/3 lap
4. FPV F6 Typhoon '04 +/- 2/3 lap
5. Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00 +/- 2/3 lap
6. Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 + 2 laps

Good to "see" some new faces here. What's your Aspec score at the moment?

AMG.

I'm currently on 52,265 pts, so I've a long way to go yet. I've recently come back to GT4 after a year or so and thought I'd get back into it. I haven't increased my 70% complete stat yet, but I've been working on 200pt races instead. Previously, I had a shameful 17,000 pts for my 70%, most of which came from Manufacturer races, so I've been doing ok I think :)

I've been going along with the help of an Excel spreadsheet, possibly created by yourself? I can't remember where I got it from now, but it's been excellent for keeping track of things. If it was you, thanks for posting it for others :)

I've still got plenty of Enduros left to run, including all the 24hrs which I'm beginning to think I'll never do :( Mum won't be happy with my PS3 on for days straight!

I still have to complete all the 24h endurance's. Looking through this thread I have 2 questions.

1 - Is it possible to Nurby 24h with one of the cars that requires wear for it's one make race? I have seen people mentioning the Crossfire and 120i for Nurby 4h, but is there a car from that category that can be used for the 24h endurance?

2 - I am going to try Sarthe I first. My eye is falling on my trusty Chaparral 2J. Post #164 by bttlefed discusses this but mentions using increased rigidity and handling problems that inflicted.
Is it possible to use the 2J without the increased rigidity? Or would my ride "fall apart" after 20 or so hours? I never really noticed any useful impact this feature brought, I read the info on this on the forum, but I am still unsure.

*snip*...
Is it possible to Nurby 24h with one of the cars that requires wear for it's one make race? I have seen people mentioning the Crossfire and 120i for Nurby 4h, but is there a car from that category that can be used for the 24h endurance?

Great idea Brother Numsey! It would be killing two birds with one stone, and B-spec Bob would be able to continue relaxing on the sofa watching NASCAR!

I can't think of a car that could win 200 pts in both race series. My only thought would be the Saleen S7 since it needs to be worn down and it could win the 24 hours at Nurburgring (however it wouldn't give you 200 pts at the 24 hour race on race tires), though maybe if you could de-tune it enough on N tires and still win, maybe it would work).

Respectfully,
GTsail

Tokyo R246 300km Endurance Race - for 200 A-spec points

As I continue on with my 1st of June Society game, I now need to start running some of the endurance races. Looking back at my first run at Tokyo R246, I see that I used the Suzuki GSX-R/4 (wing enhanced) to gather the 200 points. I have decided to try something different, so seaching my limited garage I noticed the Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01, and feel that it has a chance at R246. Giving my Altezza an oil change to boost its horsepower, I took it to the local dealer who installed some R1 tires for a nominal price.

On the starting line at Tokyo R246 were the following competitors (lineup # 7):
Opel Astra Touring Car '01
Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC '01
Honda Takata Dome NSX JGTC '03
Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R JGTC '01
Honda Mobil 1 NSX JGTC '01

From the start, the field pulls away due to their horsepower advantage, however, I don't let them get far ahead, so by the end of lap 2, I catch and pass them all as the final hairpin is negotiated. For the next 20 laps I drive smoothly and fast and maintain a lead over second place of about 2 seconds.:scared: The second place car is the Opel Astra (who will dog me throughout the entire race).

I pit from first on lap 22 for tires and take on some additional fuel. The field all drives by since they don't start pitting until lap 25. The field are all bunched together, and sometimes trade a position or two. The last to pit is the Opel Astra Touring Car, which pits on lap 30. This makes me worried!:nervous:

For the next 19 laps I drive hard, and pull away from the field, who are all going slowly on their cold, cold tires. It takes them all about 4 laps to get up to normal lap speed, so I stretch out a small lead. I pit on lap 42 for new tires. The fronts have started to go orange, so it was time. I was considering a switch to R2/R2 tires if I could have stayed out two more laps, but opted for the R1/R2 combination again, since I don't think the R2's would have lasted 18 laps on the front of my Altezza.

When I exit the pits, I'm in 5th place, but not that far behind the 4th place car since my average lap times have been a bit faster the the AI's (except for the Opel Astra). However, I immediately get dropped to 6th place during the long pit exit lane while my car is still under the pit-speed limitation. For the next few laps I drive hard, and one-by-one I pass the other cars and reach 3rd place before the field starts to pit for their second and final pit stop. The second place car is only about 1 second ahead of me when it pits, so I drive by and take over 2nd place.:) The Opel Astra continues on with about a 12 second lead over my Toyota Altezza.

The laps count down: 55, 56, 57, 58, should I be worried? Let's see 30 plus 30 equals 60. Hmmm, have I been outsmarted by the AI?

Finally, on lap 59, the Opel Astra pits from first, still with about a 12 second lead, and I drive by the pits and regain the lead and begin my final lap of the race (lap 60).

The last checkpoint says that I have a margin of 25 seconds over the Opel who is going slowly again on cold tires. The rest of the field has fallen away and are all about 40-45 seconds behind.

So, Victory is mine!

My Altezza had the following specs:
Horsepower: 321 (the oil was changed)
Weight: 1020
Tires: R1/R2
Brakes: 5/6
Springs: 12.5/13.0
Ride: 68/68
Bound: 4/6
Rebound: 4/6
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0/1
Stabilizers: 4/4
Auto slide # 9 (note: this was a little tall)
Aids: 0,0,1
Downforce: 32/47
Ltd Slip: 10/35/10
Ballast: 20, +4

Sorry about the double post!
Enjoy the racing!
GTsail

Last edited:
I didnt want to chase Aspec points until i had 100% completion, but some of the enduros i only fancied doing once and for 200 points so here they are.

Ps you may note i didn't use the same car twice (for 200points), i like to try to drive as many different cars as possible.

Grand Valley 300
Toyota Altezza Touring Car vs
Cant remember, strongest opponent was the Audi ABT TT-r and i know i would 'not' have raced the Rx-7 Lm.
Set up
DF @ 38,40 Gears @ 8 Aids @ 000
I think the rest was stock, the car chewed up its front tyres, but i still won.

Laguna Seca 200
Shelby Series 1 Vs
Pontiac GTO 5.7, Chevy Camaro, Saleen S7, Ford GT 05',Shebly Series 1.
Parts: FC Transmission, FC Suspension, R1 tyres
Setup: Front RH 110, Camber 1.8,1.2, Aids 000
Have a full race report if wanted, I beat the other Shelby Series 1 by 25 seconds.

Roadster 4h
not 200; 146 points using Mazda MX-5 V-Special typeII (j) '93

Tokyo R246
not 200; 177 points using Honda s2000 Lm Race car 01' with NA3

Superspeedway 150
not 200; 118 points using Toyota TS020 (black) old oil start R1's change to R2's

Nurburgring 24H
Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza vs
Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car, Audi Abt TT-R Touring Car, Nissan FALKEN*GT-R Race Car, Audi A4 Touring Car, BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Parts R1's
Setup
Brakes;6,4 Susp;12.5,11.5 RH;75,75 Bound;5,5 Rebound;7,7 Camber;1.5,1
Toe;0,0 Stab;4,4 Gears;auto 11 Aids;0,0,1 DF;21,25 Diff;15,45,25
Ballast 200,0 (the setup is 200 without ballast) this was to make the race closer.
193 laps beat the ABT TTr by 1:23.
link to full report
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=130248

Nurburgring 4h
New Honda S2000 vs
Cant remember i know the Chevy GS and the Rx8 where my closest rivals though
i think the car was stock apart from a fair bit of ballast to make 200 points.

Suzuka 1000
Toyota Mr-s Apex JGTC vs
Audi ABT TT-r, Nissan Calsonic GTR, Xanavi Nismo GTR, Audi A4 Touring Car,
Honda Loctite Mugun NSX
Parts R1&R2 tyres, T3 turbo
Setup
Brakes;5,5 Susp;14,14 RH;62,66 Bound;7,7 Rebound;8,8 Camber;1.6,1.4
Toe;0,0 Stab;6,5 Gears;Auto 9 Final 4.200 DF;22,22 LSD;6,12,6
Weight 32,0 Aids; either 001 or 000
Start on R1's then pit for R2's, beat the Nissan Xanavi Nismo GTR by about 1 min

Motegi 8h
Toyota Corolla Gt Apex AE86 83' (Black oil) vs
Spoon Civic,Nismo GTR Road Version,Toms Chaser,Trial Celica,Spoon Integra
Parts
NA2, Race Brake, Brake Controller, FC Susp, FC Gearbox, 3Clutch, Race Flywheel, Carbon Propshaft, FC LSD
Setup
Brakes;3,8 Susp;5.5,9.5 RH;110,120 Bound;6,6 Rbnd;7,7 Camber;1.2,1.5 Toe;0,0 Stab;2,4 Gears;TT Final 3.850 LSD;5,30,5 Aids;000
Race on S1 tyres for whole race, I wanted to use a car that had some sort of tuner image (and could do 200 and wasnt the Amuse s2000) and this was the car i settled on won by by 40 seconds over Nismo GTR RV
The setup made the car feel pretty oversteery which isnt a bad thing at motegi, however despite feeling pretty loose, the front tyres were wearing out first no matter how much i tried to tune it out. But it was good enough to win, i just had to do the last couple of laps of each stint on dark orange front tyres.

Tsukuba 9h
Lotus Elise '00 with 24km on tacho vs
Mitsu Lancer Evo(8 i think), Mazda Rx8, Alfa Romeo 147, Subaru Legacy, Nissan GTR R34
Parts none (only used stock S2 tyres)
Setup Aids 000
cant find my notes but this race, but i remember it was really close, i beat the Rx8 by about 15-50 sec (i think it was 15 but then it stopped late in the race. I remember calculating that if id been any more than 0.1 sec per lap slower (on average) than what i was i would have lost. Cant remember how many laps i completed either

Circuit de la Sarthe 24h I
Mazda 787B (Black) vs
Nissan RCP92,Nissan R89, Sauber Merc, Toyota Gt1, Mazda 787B
This race is fairly easy with this car, i won by 3 laps over the Sauber Merc.

Circuit de la Sarthe 24h II
Mercedes CLK GTR vs
Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car '89, Nissan R89C Race Car '89, Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88,
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89,Mazda 787B Race Car '91.
Parts R1,R2 & R3 tyres
Setup
Brakes;10,4 Gears;auto 16 final 3.750 Aids;001 Ballast 25,-10
(aimed at being stable under braking and corner entry)
I did this for a challenge as the CLK GTR is a bit of a pain to drive IMHO, however it does fly down the mulsanne.
I tried lots of different tyre/pit combos, but ended up settling on a R3,R2 strategy that had me pitting every 4 laps, (i was really struggling on R1's even driving conservativly). In the end i won by 2:30 over the 787B

Fuji 1000km
BMW MClaren F1 GTR vs
Nissan R89C, Chevrolet Corvette C6R, Nissan RC92P, Audi R8, PLaystation Pescarolo
Parts R1 & R2 tyres
Setup
Brakes;5,5 Susp;13.8,13.8 RH;70,70 Bound;7,7 Rbnd;8,8 Camber;1.5,1.2 Toe;0,0 Stab;4,4 Gears;auto 16 Final 3.100 LSD;15,35,15 Aids;001
Start on R1's then at first stop change to R2,R1 combo won by 1.5 laps over
Nissan RC92P.

Infineon 2:45
Toyota TS020 (black) vs
Nissan R92CP, Audi R8, Pescarolo Judd, Bentley Speed 8, Toyota TS020
Parts R1's
Setup
Brakes;4,3 Susp;12.5,12.0 RH;80,80 Bound;6,6 Rbnd;7,7
Camber;1.5,1.0 Toe;0,0 Stab;5,5 Gears;auto 14 LSD;10,35,20 Aids;001
The track is difficult but the race not so much, it took me until lap 30ish to get to the lead, and used to the car/track combo, but once i did it was fine, won by 1 lap over the Nissan RC92P.

El Capitan 200 miles
Mazda Rx7 Bathurst (black oil) vs
Dodge Viper SRT10, Protomotors Spirra, TVR 350CC, Chevy Corvette GS, Calloway C12.
Car was stock
Won this one bye 2 laps over the Viper

New York 200 miles
Honda NSX concept R vs
TVR Cerbera, Merc SLS AMG 65, TVR 350 CC, Aston Martin Vantage, Motorsport Elise.
Car was stock
Only beat the TVR Cerbera by 20 seconds, overtaking it when it stopped late in the race, if it pitted every 19 laps instead of 18 it would have been a really close race.

I have more info on a few of these races if anyone wants it.
Cheers

Last edited:
That's an excellent set of races, shotamagee. 👍 With those credentials, you'll be able to make it easily to 105,000 points, and if you're prepared to do the wallriding and opponent bashing required, 111,813 as well. :)

That's an excellent set of races, shotamagee. 👍 With those credentials, you'll be able to make it easily to 105,000 points, and if you're prepared to do the wallriding and opponent bashing required, 111,813 as well. :)

Maybe, I wanna see how many points i can get clean and without nos. If / when i ever get that done ill re-evaluate.

Nurburgring 24 hour Endurance race - for 200 A-spec points

Needing to win the FGT to continue my career, I look in my limited garage, and my gaze falls upon a beautiful 2001 Honda NSX-R Concept car that only has 200 miles on the odometer. Does it have a chance? I will just have to find out!

I check to make sure the NSX has all non-power parts and an assortment of race tires. And then its off to the 'Ring.

After a little testing, my Honda has the following stats:
HP: 344
Tires: R1/R2
Ballast: 110kg

Sitting on the starting line are the usual suspects:

Toyota SuperAutoBacs Apex MR-S
AMG Mercedes 190 E Evo Touring Car
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia JGTC
Nissan Falken GT-R Race Car
Opel Calibra Touring Car

I take my place at the rear, the flag drops, and we're off!

I get a nice launch off the line and take up the chase from 6th place. I'm able to reach 2nd place going thru Adenaur Forst on lap one. On the winding back straight, I'm able to draft past the leading AMG Mercedes and take over 1st place in the race.:) As I drive down the long straight, the Nissan Falken overtakes the AMG Mercedes and drives up to my back bumper. The next three laps are similar with the Nissan Falken hounding my every move as I begin to learn how to drive the beautiful NSX. I pit at the end of 4 laps and give the lead of the race to the Falken.:ill:

I stick on R2/R2 tires, and take up the chase. My Honda drives very fast on R2/R2 tires, so I eat into the Nissan Falken's lead tremendously during the 5th lap. The Nissan Falken pits at the end of lap 5 and gives me back the lead.:)

By the end of lap 7, my tires are yellow, but I take the chance that I can get another good lap out of them. Boy was I wrong! Beginning about half-way thru the lap, I'm all over the place, spending more time on the grass than on the tarmac! I get passed by the Falken before the Kleine-Karussell,:yuck: and it takes some skilled driving to make it to the pits! That didn't go well!

For the next 40 laps or so, I stay on R2 tires, but pit every 3 laps, even though the Falken (my only competition) is pitting every 5 laps. I'm able to run laps a little bit faster than the Falken normally does on its first 4 laps of a stint, and then really gain a boatload of time on the Falken's 5th lap of a stint, when it really struggles. This allows me to catch and pass the Nissan Falken and then slowly pull away, even with all my pit stops!

The 6 Hour Mark shows the following:

1st: Honda NSX-R Concept (me)
2nd: Nissan Falken GT-R --- 1min, 40 seconds back
3rd: Opel Calibra Touring ---- 5min, 50 seconds back
4th: AMG Mercedes 190 E Touring --- 1 lap down
5th: Toyota SuperAutoBacs ----- 2 laps down
6th: Nissan C-West Razo Silvia --- 3 laps down

The 12 hour mark is reached when I'm on lap 97. I've now learned how to drive the Honda NSX, so the Falken has fallen away. My best lap so far is a 7.12.857 on R2 tires. I have R1, R2 and R3 tires on board, and have tried them all. The R1 tires will last me 4 good laps. The R2 tires last 3 good laps, while the R3 tires only last 2 good laps (this is as bad as a FGT!).

The 12 Hour Mark shows the following:

2nd: Nissan Falken GT-R ---- 5 min, 30 seconds back
3rd: Opel Calibra Touring -------- 1 lap back
4th: AMG Mercedes 190 E Touring --- 2 laps down
5th: Toyota SuperAutoBacs -------- 5 laps down
6th: Nissan C-West Razo Silvia --- 6 laps down

The 18 hour mark is reached when I'm on lap 145. I've now caught and passed the 2nd place Nissan Falken. I'm enjoying driving the Honda NSX-R, even if I have to pit every 3 laps. The frequent pit stops give me a chance to take a break every 22 minutes (during the pit stop) since I'm averaging one lap every 7 minutes and 20 seconds. Though sometimes I still blow one of the 'Ring's jumps and lose 10 seconds in the grass!

The 18 Hour Mark shows the following:

2nd: Nissan Falken GT-R --------- 1 lap down
3rd: Opel Calibra Touring -------- 2 laps down
4th: AMG Mercedes 190 E Touring --- 3 laps down
5th: Toyota SuperAutoBacs -------- 8 laps down
6th: Nissan C-West Razo Silvia --- 9 laps down

I finished the last 6 hours of the race last night. Just cruising at the end, but thoroughly enjoyed driving the Honda NSX-R. Completed 193 laps. I'm not really sure why the Honda NSX-R wears out its tires so quickly. The NSX-R does slide around a bit, but not so much that I would expect excessive tire wear. Perhaps PD just modeled it this way. A solution might be to install a wing and give the NSX-R some downforce (I did not do this since I did not want to burn a game day).

Finishing order was as follows:

2nd: Nissan Falken GT-R --------- 1 lap down, plus 3.5 minutes
3rd: Opel Calibra Touring -------- 3 laps down
4th: AMG Mercedes 190 E Touring --- 4 laps down
5th: Toyota SuperAutoBacs -------- 10 laps down
6th: Nissan C-West Razo Silvia --- 12 laps down

My best lap was a 7.11.059 without NOS or drafting.

Enjoy the racing,
GTsail

Last edited:
El Capitan 200

Car: Amuse S2000 R1 (NA2, S1 tyres, Racing Chip, Racing Muffler, Customizable Tranny (@12), No Aids) = 200 points.
FIRST LINEUP ON NTSC GAME:

Lotus Motorsport Elise
Merc SL65
TVR T350C
Shelby Series 1
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 (the 1997ish one)

Fairly straightforward wing. MoV was +3 laps over the Elise. Maybe a way too overkill using the NA2 but a fun race.
Total time: 2:04'56.724
Fastest lap: ~1'49.450

Laguna Seca 200 miles

I used a brand new Honda NSX type R 2002 with an oil change and RSH tyres, for 200 pts. (Oil change and R2 tyres would have given 197 pts)
Against the Pontiac, the '99 Viper, Callaway and '96 and '00 Corvettes.
I got 2nd place in lap 2, after carefully overtaking the slower ones, and the Corvettes are stuck in traffic. However, at this point the Viper was getting away, building up an 8 s lead. Then he was going slowly on worn tires and I was able to catch up to about 3 s behind. The viper pitted on lap 17, giving me the lead. When I had to pit on lap 22 (due to my right-front tire loosing to much grip), I had a big enough lead (due to the viper's cold tires), to pit while staying in the lead. At the pit stop I filled up my gas tank to about 3/4 full.
My second stint I drove a bit conservatively, lasting my tires for 24 laps, enough to have two 22 lap stints left. The viper really didn't get close ever again. I finished the race easily with a best lap of 1.33.053, which could have been faster, but I never pushed it, as I was spitting out 1.33's and low 1.34's without much effort, so I decided to take only 3 stops.
In lap 69, on cold tires, I spun out in the corner after the Corkscrew, but I only lost about 10s, which didn't endanger my victory.
Finished in 2.22.59, with the '00 Corvette in second place, as the viper decided to pit on lap 89, the last split shown, showed me the Corvette was 1.15 behind.

Finishing order:
Honda NSX Type R '02 (me)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (1.15 down)
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96 (about 1.28 down)
Dodge Viper GTS '99 (little over 1 lap down)
Callaway C12 '03 (3 laps down)
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04 (3.5 laps down)

I really love this NSX for making me fall in love with Laguna Seca again.

Last edited:
One question I don't seem to be able to answer myself by previewing,
as I already researched 200 line-ups for this race, and about 50 previews,

does anyone know the amount of HP for the Impreza in Nürburgring 4hour Endurance??

[edit]

I just found the answer, after about 150 previews,
the Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C (GD, Type II) '04 as it appears in the Nürburgring 4 hour Endurance has 362 hp.

Last edited:
Nurburgring 4 hour endurance race - 200 A-spec points

Toyota MR2 Spyder ' 02: 206 hp, S1/S1, 161 kg ballast vs NTSC lineup #5 after a race Preview.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-vi...der-(6-speed-sequential-manual-transmission)/

The purpose of this setup is to win the 4 Hours of Endurance at the Nurburgring for 200 A-spec points. By far the easiest lineup to defeat is the 2nd one after console reset, featuring Ford Focus, Pontiac GTO, Camaro SS, Audi RS4 and Lancia Delta Evoluzione. However, I chose to take on the Opel Speedster Turbo, Corvette Grand Sport, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Jaguar S-Type R and Fiat Turbo Plus. This is the 5th lineup after a race Preview. I thought this would be easier than it was, but the Speedster missed his pitstop only twice instead of three times, so I had to fight for my life on the last lap. MOV was only 2.868 seconds. Yipes!

The color of my MR2 is red, and I wore out the oil on B-spec, so the base power is down to 130 hp. The car is carefully tuned to get 5 good laps out of the S1 tires.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Hello folks, i'm back after a long(ish) abscence and raring to go again. Had a break from GT4 for a few months, I was at 94% complete on my NTSC game and could not summon the willpower to do my final 24hr race at Le Sarthe I, however last sunday I finally decided to get going again.

After looking around for a good setup, and after deciding not to do it in my trusty R8 I decided to go with Dotini's setup for the Judd noted here:
http://gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::7957/Pescarolo-PlayStation-C60-Judd-Race-Car/

Alas, after a couple of hours testing I couldn't get the tyres to last for 6 laps and the general setup was not to my liking. So, more testing later I had revised the setup more to suit my driving style. Started the race on monday, did 8 hours on that monday, 6.5 on tuesday and 9.5 yesterday and finally finished around 11pm uk time.

Here is my final setup, I used Dotini's suspension setup as that seemed good for me:

Circuit de la Sarthe I - 200pts
Car: Playstation Pescarolo C60 Judd Race Car '04 727bhp
Mods: Started race on R1/R3, pitted end of lap 1 & switched to R3/R3, pitted every 7 laps thereafter, no NOS, brakes @ 5/6, aids @ 5, 5, 5, auto tranny @ 22, ballast @ 59, -10 balance, default limited slip.
Lineup #2 NTSC

My ultimate goal for this race was to at the very least equal Dotini's 15 lap MOV over 2nd place, i'm guessing that was the Sauber on his race as it was on mine. However, I managed to go one better and get a 16 lap MOV in the end which I was very pleased with. Only caught him for the 16th time in the final hour of the race at 23:21, I still had to pit once more at that point but managed to get out the pit's 2-3 seconds ahead of the Sauber who still had 1 more stop to go. Plain sailing from that point.

Final few stats:

Total Time: 24:00'50.484
Best Lap: 3'16.400 (Very early on in the race)
# Of Laps Completed: 421, as it turned out my pit strategy was spot on as I crossed the finish line on the lap I would have had to pit for tyres & fuel.

On another note, I have now done 6 24hr races on GT4 (3 on PAL & 3 on NTSC) and will probably not do another one until I get a PS3 & GT5 early next year. For now have 1 final endurance race at Motegi to do & some manafacturer events to get to 100%.

My ultimate goal for this race was to at the very least equal Dotini's 15 lap MOV over 2nd place, i'm guessing that was the Sauber on his race as it was on mine. However, I managed to go one better and get a 16 lap MOV in the end which I was very pleased with. Only caught him for the 16th time in the final hour of the race at 23:21,

Nemesis01, highest congratulations!! I'm delighted not only that you got some use of my Pescarolo-Judd setup, but also established a new MOV record!
I've always believed that records are made to be broken, and you have justified my faith.👍

Very respectfully yours,
Dotini

Motegi 8hr Endurance - 200pts

Car: Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 (Used, 1278 Miles, 174 BHP)
Mods: N1/N3 (Switch to N3/N3 on 1st lap), NOS (optional), Auto tranny @ 10, DF @ 30/30, Ballast @ 168, Aids @ 0, 0, 4
Lineup: #4 NTSC:

NISMO Fairlady Z S-tune concept by GT
Opera Performance S2000 '04
MUGEN S2000 '00
Spoon CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '00
Opera Performance 350Z '04

Pit every 21 laps, only 28 units of fuel are consumed each time but I topped up to 30 just incase.

# Of Laps Completed: 221
Best Lap: 2'03.946 (a nos fuelled crazy lap when I was chasing the leader down)
MOV: +8 laps from the Opera Performance S2000
Total Time: 8:00'50.707
# Of Miles Ran: 655

I only had this race to go to finish off the endurance hall, so I thought why not win it as easily as possible, so I did. I knew from practise that my GSX was far superior, so it was the obvious choice for me. A lot of people say this race is dull, have to say I quite enjoyed it. Not for the racing exactly, just for the challenge of completing as many miles as possible, as many laps as possible and gaining the biggest MOV I could. Managed to pass the Opera Performance for the 8th & final time on lap 214 at 7:45'32 into the race.

Last edited:
Excuse me the trivial question.

I remember reading something like a list of AI cars with their pitting schedule for the endurance races (many if not all). I looked through the usual places (faqs etc.) and don't seem to find it now when I need it. I'm convinced it must have been here (there's nowhere else really).

Can somebody please point me into the right direction?

Thanks a million!

I'm going at Suzuka 1000k now, it'll be a great help.
Actually I have less than 10 events to go, but those are the hardest ones so lots of racing ahead.

variation on a theme from one of the first posters...

El Capitan in the RUF 3400S. S1 tyres, oil change, FC trans (autoset 8) and weight save 1. 325bhp and the car will run 1:55-1:57 quite easily for an easy 200pts pitting every 13-14 laps. I raced the first line up I got which did not include the Elise or the Zonda - Esprit 350, Cerbera Speed 6 and Viper SRT10 were the competition with the Mustang SVT R bringing up the rear. AI seems very poor at certain parts of the track, but I guess that's a measure of the licence requirements.

Also completed the Grand Valley race for 200pts in the Cusco Subaru, although I can't remember the opposition as I subsequently took the same car and had a couple of cracks at the Japan GT championship.

First 200 A-spec by a Spanish car?

Nurburgring 4 Hours of Endurance

Car: Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 (9000+ miles, no oil, S1/S2 tires) / FF / 223 HP / 1372kg / 6.15kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Dotini

Starting line-up NTSC #18*

Audi S4 '03
Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG '00
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Holden Commodore SS '04
Ford Focus RS '02
Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 (me)

Completing 28 laps in 4:00'33.781
Fastest Lap 8'23.009
MoV 1'18.261 over CLK 55 AMG

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first 200 A-spec score by a Spanish car in GT4.

I tuned the car to mitigate understeer and maximize tire wear. Even so, I had to take care of the left front tire so that it would last for the 3 lap stints.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Last edited:
I used the Amuse R1 S2000 in most of the endurance races for 200 Spec points. I used both the 787B Black Beauty and the Audi R8 on the LMP races and of course the MX 5 in the Tsukuba race. Never had the patience to get the 200 in the MX 5.

It's been busy days playing GT4 these weeks.
I'm fresh after my first 24h endurance and my thumbs are sore and dumb, but I made it.

Sarthe I - 24 hours endurance.

My car was black Mazda 787B on R1/R1 with setting no. 4216 from the Vault (by Kiss my Exhaust), I just tweaked a little bit the final gear to match the straights.

NTSC grid#2 gave me the chance for the max points, I just had to put some 171 kgs of weight on the car.

I started carefully concerning the super hard tyres and its long period of getting into temperature, but the real factor with this race is fuel consumption instead of tyre wear. All in all, bit by bit I started to break away from the pack which was the hardest thing. On the first stop I changed to R2/R1 and stayed that way from then on, taking about 62-65 units of fuel each time.

Tried to race cleanly, but due to my inconsistent style and sometimes lack of concentration I was all over the place touching problably every strip of grass and piece of sandtrap during my race (:crazy:). The kink before Indianapolis proved to be the most problematic, especially later in the race when the car seemed to behave somewhat differently. Also the entry to the Porsche curves gave me some hairy moments.

In between I actually managed to put up a streak of fast laps which averaged around 3:24 and 3:26. I lapped the field pretty soon, but it wasn't so straightforward, I was really fighting (with myself mainly) on every lap. My fastest clean lap was around 3:22,5 (I did laps well under 3:20 but it was when I decided to empty my NOS tank - does it count towards the weight of the car?).

The final order of the race was:

1. Mazda 787B (black) 407 laps
2. Mercedes Sauber C9 +3 laps
3. Nissan R92CP
4. Mazda 787B
5. Nissan R89C
6. Toyota GT-ONE

I raced three whole days (8,5hrs on the first, 9hrs on the second and the rest on third) and I'm glad it was for 200 a-spec points so I don't have to do it again (apart from the two other 24hr races). I finally got my hands on the Audi R8 so I can take on some FGT races with it!

I'm 96,6% complete, still few events to go...

Back