Endurance Racing in Career

• Thread starter Animera
  • 401 comments
You tend to run out of fuel before you need to change tyres in my experience of them.
Truth in television. Even the softest of the GT-class racing compounds is good enough for a full fuel stint and a couple laps extra. At night you could probably stretch them further than that, but there's not much tactical advantage in doing that. To my knowledge you should be able to double stint Medium compounds at night, and Hard compounds any time you want.

One question. When the AI takes over will they pit automatically for fuel?

For example with the 24/25 hours races if I want some sleep am I gonna wake up to my car retired at the side of the track??

Yes, the AI driving your car will pit for fuel and also for repairs if he crashes.

Great, thank you :)

Also does he improve the more he races or is his speed/skill standard the entire game?

Last edited:
I don't know whether he improves yet. I've just won the Formula Rookie championship in the 3rd career season and my next 2 races are 25 hrs of Bathurst Madness followed by 25 hrs Green Hell Madness. Endurance weekend for me!

I don't know whether he improves yet. I've just won the Formula Rookie championship in the 3rd career season and my next 2 races are 25 hrs of Bathurst Madness followed by 25 hrs Green Hell Madness. Endurance weekend for me!

Doing the 25hours of Bathurst as we speak! In real time of course! :)

I chose the McLaren for the race. Just about to make my 1st pitstop. This is the state of the race at the 1st pitstop.

Bathurst_1.jpg

100 laps into my 25 hrs of Bathurst. Night is falling and my AI is driving. Some things I've noticed that I didn't notice the 1st time I did this race.

- Tyres are only changed every 2nd pitstop.
- The brakes are slowly taking damage as can be seen in the profiler picture. They are not repaired during pitstops yet.
- Track temp has dropped from 33 deg to 22 deg.

pCARS64 2015-05-23 16-02-49-51.jpg

Bathurst_2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the AI driving your car will pit for fuel and also for repairs if he crashes.

Ok so I went to bed at 3am and have woken up at 7am and my AI HAS RETIRED with the fuel light flashing. I guess he didn't automatically pit all the time!

Will have to babysit him the whole race from now on!

I'm using the BAC Mono. I did the first 2 hours, now my AI has taken over. I'm currently 2:11mins in and I'm +0.776 ahead on p2 :)

So you can actually choose between cars? :dopey:

In all other invitationals that does not seem to be the case. At least I haven't found out how..

Ok so I went to bed at 3am and have woken up at 7am and my AI HAS RETIRED with the fuel light flashing. I guess he didn't automatically pit all the time!

Will have to babysit him the whole race from now on!
Would babysitting even help? As far as I can see there is no way to tell Bob to do anything during the race other than get in/out of the car.

btw I'm running the Le Mans 24 Hours now and gave my Oreca to B-Spec Bob for the night stint (Bedtime night, not in-game night). When I came back I noticed that even though there is still over half the race to go all but one of the LMP1 cars have retired.

9 hours into my race, big accident, hit the wall, terminal damage, race over. :(
Guess I'll have to try again next season.

On to the 25 hours Green Hell!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck @paoloevans.
My AI tends to pit for fuel when he still has at least 4 laps fuel in the car. I get so annoyed I shout at him! :lol:

Last edited:
9 hours into my race, big accident, hit the wall, terminal damage, race over. :(
Guess I'll have to try again next season.

On to the 25 hours Green Hell!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck @paoloevans.
My AI tends to pit for fuel when he still has at least 4 laps fuel in the car. I get so annoyed I shout at him! :lol:

Thanks same to you. There was some suspension damage as well to my car so without video evidence I will never know what my bob was up to. Whether he just ran out of fuel, crashed and got stuck then ran out of fuel or glitched? May miss this event next year to focus more on my Audi GT3 career. Wanna get in that endurance series!!

I simulated the rest of the race after I retired, and then sped it up 60x. That froze my PC so I quit the game and restarted it and when I went to my career the race was available. It was saved after quali, so I get a 2nd chance! I'll try to be more careful this time.

My 'endurance' weekend wasn't meant to be. After restarting the 25 hrs Bathurst race, I left Bob driving at midnight and went to bed. This morning I come through to find ... my PC did Windows updates and rebooted!

Man oh man, my patience has 'endured' enough for me to consider skipping the endurance races this season.

Last edited:
Did the first round of the Tri-Nations 1000 GT Endurance in my 12C GT3. Qualified for 2nd place.. Lost a few positions at did a pit stop after 22 laps. I had the race cut down to 43 laps instead of 154, because bed time. And I don't really like Road America.... Aaaaaaaand this was also my first time racing at night. So it was a tough one.

Really really tough. With 8 laps to go I was P3.. For 3 or 4 laps I fought for P2. Then I fought for P1 for the rest of the race before taking P1 with half a lap to go. That was the most grueling racing I've ever experienced. Night racing on a track on which I'm not good. With P2 right on my tail. Knowing that P3 was just a few seconds behind.

Yes, the controller steering might be bad on the Xbox, but I managed to get THIS out of this "oh so buggy" game.

I had to have something to show for my efforts this weekend, so I set the Bathurst race to 2 hours.
The day/night/day transition is awesome and it was actually great fun.

I've reduced the 25 hrs Green Hell Madness to a 6 hour race, so here goes. :)

Last edited:
Back