Endurance Racing in Career

• Thread starter Animera
  • 401 comments
Yes, you can do the whole race yourself if you want.
You can also use the 'Pit in' command to call him in at any time if you want to take over the driving again.

Yeah, that's if he responds. I've had him ignore my pit call and stay out on track, even with 2 rear punctures!!!

Can Bob be turned off in a race?
No, you can select to take over from Bob at driving the car but that will disqualify you from the race and send your car flying into the air at pit-exit. (That might be a 'feature' exclusive to the Le Mans 24 Hours though, I'm not sure about other enduro's)

Well, my timing for the 24hrs Le Mans was really bad. I started in the morning NZ time and drove for 2 sessions before night fell in the game and I gave Bob the night duty. I stayed up till 11.30PM IRL but morning had not come in the game so I left Bob driving and went to bed. When I got up this morning, Bob had 24 mins left in the race so I let him take the win he deserved.

This win goes to Bob, he drove like a true champion.
Thanks to those who watched the stream and kept me company. I really enjoyed that.

Bob wins Le Mans 24.jpg

Hello

I’m not sure this is the right place but this seems to be the place for Endurance racing. So the post doesn’t take up a lot of space, I put the body of the post in the spoiler tag. Any help will be much appreciated.

Both races I used the Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS. It felt the most stable to me using a Dualshock 4 (sigh no Driving Force GT support). Did you (Animera) or anyone experience any of the following and if so can you or anyone lend some insight?

25 hours Bathurst Madness:

*Problem at the exit of the Pit Lane causing my car to dart right and sometimes causing damage. Yet the AI never had this problem. Did anyone experience this?

*The AI was pitting every other lap as the clouds rolled in. After his 3rd stop in 6 laps, I took a chance and edited my Pit Strategy to put Wet Tires on which stopped the pitting. Mind you there was NO rain, rain drops and the track was dry. Is there a way to set a dry and wet strategy so I don’t have to play “BOBBY”sitter and he can pick right tires?

*AI was WAY to cautious. How can I fix this if at all? Is his confidence based on the car setup? There were times, especially going down the long straight before the right hand kink towards the Start/Finish line where my AI driver got a good run off the turn, pulled out of the slipstream, and braked. On the flip side, the AI would at times move to the side and let the other cars pass. I never saw a Blue Flag pop up.

*After taking control back, the tires stayed at 77 degrees for the whole tank of fuel. After I stopped I took the extra 24 seconds (with many “hang in there, lug nut problems”), changed the tires and it seemed to fix the issue.

* I also had the slow car with sparks and never saw a Yellow Flag or any engineer assistance. It looked like his suspension was destroyed and was driving on the body of the car and his wheels were in the wheel wells. He never got it fixed. I also had some AI cars get stuck in the pit, trying their best to drive through the cement building.

I ended up having to do the event all over again because with 13 minutes of the 25 hours left, I clipped the kerb at turn 1 and ended up sideways, slightly bumping the wall, no invalid lap. That was my fault. What was not my fault was, I saw a car coming and held the brakes till he passed. NOPE, he went wide because he slid and hit my rear. I got disqualified for ramming and 567 laps down the drain. He just kept going. No Yellow Flag, nothing. So I did it again with 1% or 2 hours and 0% AI just to get it done. It’s done.... moving on.

I then attempted the 25 hours of Green Hell race this morning was was met with the following:

*I was stopping every 4 laps while it appears the AI was going up to 8 laps on a tank. I say this because the time gap between me and the AI would jump to a different gap then would correct it self when they would exit. I didn’t see this happen till lap 8.

*When I exited the pits three things happen: I got an invalid lap, my brakes started a over 1000 degrees and my tires were at 297 degrees before the first sector line (T1). Everything was fine until I tried to do two tanks of fuel on one set of Hard tires. I then attempted Mediums and everything went bonkers. For the next 3 hours and 10 minutes I dealt with this same pattern, until I got a messages saying “Final Invalid Lap Warning”. Well, after exiting the pits I got another Invalid Lap which disqualified me. 4 Hours down the toilet, but it could have been worse, 24 hours and 30 minutes into the race and get Disqualified. That’s not the point though.

I still have to try the Green Hell event again, I never let it save because this is clearly not my fault. Then I will attempt the 24 hours of Le Mans invitational. How do I know which tires (Hard, Medium or Soft) I’m on? I get a name brand tire like “X” company Extreme Summer or “X” Company Track Day.

I think I’m finally getting out of Karting (I’ve been doing every invitational as they have come along) and was looking forward to moving on. I’ve enjoyed everything, even with the flaws big and small up to this point. But this has been quite a discouraging experience.
Thanks.

I had very similar experiences when I first did these endurance races, and yes, they are very frustrating.
A couple of things that make endurance racing much better for me:

- Set damage either off or performance impacting.
- Set mechanical damage off.
- Set flags and penalties off.

You can set up multiple pit stop strategies but only 1 can be your default. Bob will always use the default when he pits, even if the default is for soft tyres and it starts raining. You have to take a chance to leave him for a few hours or babysit him.

Check your car setup before the race and set your fuel to max for pit stops. The default is weird.

Hope this helps and you have fun in endurance racing.

Not your fault Animera , but what's the point off having al these options but we must turn them off to have a normal race .:confused:

I agree with you, but for me it's better to have an enjoyable race than to be disqualified because Bob cuts corners all the time, or to have a blown engine after 9 hours of racing because I made a small mistake.

Thanks for the response Animera. I agree that an enjoyable and complete race is much more fun than a mistake out of your control. It stinks but not the end of the world. I may have to turn flags off, especially since I have yet to see any flags other than the black flag.

Have a safe day.👍

Just won the 3hrs at Zolder in the F1, although adjusted the time to 30 mins. Ended up 27 seconds ahead because the AI all pitted to refuel. Don't know why they didn't just put a load in at the start, I ran with 50l (a complete random guess) and literally ran out of fuel just after the final chicane, crossed the line with 0.0l, had to coast for the last couple of laps, won by 7s. So lucky!

But why did they pit? Is it because they're programmed to do so as it's meant to be a 3hr race? Does the AI not take into consideration the player lowering the time scale? You can get 90l in the McLaren so they could easily have run the whole race. Rather odd.

I've so far only had the Le Mans 24 hours race which I did at the 2 hour time scale. I don't sit on the game for long stints when I play, so even at this length I practiced and qualified separately and raced a different day. Topped first session , topped the second session (Audi R18 - I wanted something with more grip for first effort...) before saving and leaving it.

When I came back, I started in garage and after checking setup, skipped straight to the race as I presumed this was a warmup session, but no, last place on the grid instead... And NOW it saved as well of course.

Starting last was a real pain to begin with, as I would likely tap a slower car accidentally trying to fight way through the mix on opening lap. A number of times, this meant I retired a handful of laps later with an overheating engine, very frustrating. My only thought when doing my final run was constant fear over the engine blowing up again after so much time. I eventually decided it was less of the gamble to stick Bob in, and only resumed for final stint after Bob needed fuel anyway.

So largely a good experience, the good times are REALLY good. It is just those frustrating issues (most of them being realism related - can't be mad about that!) that make this game similarly REALLY frustrating. DS4 across the room frustrating.

I can't remember exactly because I did it a while ago, but I'm pretty sure it had more cars than the invitational race.

For a while now I have some issues during the WEC races in the LMP1. In the first stint I can manage the tire temperature, but as soon as I have pitted for fuel and tires, the new sets are red hot after a few kms and they stay that way. Tried everything to keep the temperature within limits, but no success. It does not seem to affect their lifespan, nor does the car start sliding or so.
Just curious: what could be the reason or meaning of this ?

After two practice sessions in Le Mans 24, I did the qualifying, managed pole. Saved and quit the game for a few hours. When I re-entered I had to qualify again... Did so, saved and quit. When I wanted to start the race today, qualification was open again... Seems buggy ?
So tomorrow will be qualifying AND starting the race...

On the side:
In the Road America WEC race, when leading the race, I spun trying to avoid a couple of battling Mustangs. While standing still on track I got hit real hard by a GT3 car and I received a penalty for hitting an opponent !? DSQ, race over and last place, which made me loose the Championship. The DSQ did not seem fair to me...:banghead:

Who's idea was it to have Bathurst as the WEC final? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Speaking as a very proud Aussie it is a great idea :-) We also have a 12 hour round of the World GT3 championship here so why not? It is our premier endurance circuit and rates right up there with the Nordschliefe.

Speaking as a very proud Aussie it is a great idea :-) We also have a 12 hour round of the World GT3 championship here so why not? It is our premier endurance circuit and rates right up there with the Nordschliefe.
It's fine for GT3, but its way too violent of a track for a modern LMP.

Hi all

I am now doing some career mode in PCars and i am now arrived in the First Championship of the Clio cup and I've got a question:

Does somebody know when Invited/Career Endurance Races will pop up to drive in ?

Or make a list in which weak and year they will pop up

I really want to complete them with a friend of mine

Can somebody please help me out

Thanks

Hi all

I am now doing some career mode in PCars and i am now arrived in the First Championship of the Clio cup and I've got a question:

Does somebody know when Invited/Career Endurance Races will pop up to drive in ?

Or make a list in which weak and year they will pop up

I really want to complete them with a friend of mine

Can somebody please help me out

Thanks
AFAIK that depends on the accolades you have earned. So I don't think it's a matter of just making up a list.

Back