Endurance troubles

Drift2nv
so far i have done every endurance in the toyota minolta its the shiz it puts a huge amount of laps on everyone on any track so yea i recomend that for sure

Not very exiting then?
I prefer to race not go round a track passing some cars now and then...but its up to you!

The biggest margin i have won an indurance by is 2 laps and that was pretty disapointing....once i have over a lap lead i get bored fast!

iceburns288
I tried the 24h of La Sarthe II last night in my 1200hp Minolta Toyota. I had a good lead and was gaining about 2 seconds a lap on the Sauber when I decided to hit the sack. I wake up and I'm nearly getting lapped at 11:30h. I quit the race...

This race was also a failure in my CLKGTR, 1000hp and could do 250 in the straights.

Does anyone know what cars are best for endurances? I know I like to use my XJ220LM with sport tires for the races that require them... loopholes rock ;).

I would just like an idea for cars in the:
La Sarthe I+II
Ring 4+24h
Super Speedway 150

Thanks for your help :)

BTW, in case you're wondering I B-Spec all these so I can work outside in the sun :). I think that makes a difference for car selection.

R92CP Race Car ROCKS!!!
It did ALL THE ENDUROS THAT IT WAS ALLOWED IN AND TRASHED EM' :dopey:
BUT FIRST...here's the trick...You have to A-spec first(you know how bspec is) to get a nice lead...keep going until you pit...do a full pit stop...then keep going...on your 2nd pit...change to bspec...it should handle it...sometimes you may want to reenter aspec to gain more or regain a loss:):):):D

thedeester1
Not very exiting then?
I prefer to race not go round a track passing some cars now and then...but its up to you!

The biggest margin i have won an indurance by is 2 laps and that was pretty disapointing....once i have over a lap lead i get bored fast!

Yea whats the point of putting race car against sport cars? This game really should have more restrictions :) .. But race as you want, I dont mind.

If your b-spec driver is getting creamed, you might not have her trained well enough. You have to use your b-spec driver well before the enduros to get her up to snuff.

Try using a fast touring car like the BWM or the CLK to do the 24h 'ring (I used the CLK-GTR but that KILLED the competition), that should give you formula gran turismo. it will win every other race excluding d'sarthe and super speedway and even then only because you can't change the tire setup.

Still trying to find a car for those tracks. keep getting beaten by early 90s GT cars. Gonna do the El Capitan and get the minolta put some tuning to it and see what I can do.

In my experience you can win super speedway with any car that can make 30second or less laps on superhard tires.

The field will pull away at the start by maybe 10seconds but as your on hards and pulling 30second laps only the Pescarola will outlast you on tires so with the few pit stops you make you should easily win.

I was helped on this though buy the R92 which was leading but due to pit forgetting how wide the pit entry was an slamming into the wall, where it stayed for 2 laps.

I couldnt have won by more than a lap and on that track thats an achievement.

markj_87
So, is it imperative to use a LMP car in the endurance races? I've unlocked the Endurance hall, but I don't have any of the games super cars yet (Minolta, R8, the likes...), and there's seemingly no way I can compete in these races without them. Problem is, you win them by winning endurance races. :yuck:

I tried the Super Speedway 150 miles in my 900BHP Saleen S7 (which is probably my best car), and I was being lapped after a few laps. Any way I can get a competitive car without forking out millions or winning an endurance? :)

Just do one of the races that have tyre restrictions on them. That way ur S7 should kill the enemy.

relsisfejj
I was doing b-spec at curcuit de la sarthe 24h with my audi r8. on the hairpin s-turn my car ran
into a wall and it then just kept going back and forth. the toyota r92 has finally got back on the lead lap and i am in the lead after 16hours!i have my game paused. should i consider trying the race again or is there a way to override the b-spec without pitting?

I had a similar thing! It was stuck and would not get out of the gravel, I left it for 30 mins trying, I changed the speed settings to try and get it to give it more throttle, nothing worked, I had to quit, with 16 hours gone, after the 3rd place car went by... I had been leading by 3 laps. I opened a thread for it to see if anyone esle has had the problem.

I tried Le Sarthe with the Minolta and was being totally trashed. Can i win this endurance with the Formula 1? (yet to get though) and Infineon too?

I had some Problems on Super Speedway 150.

I used the Minolta on B-Spec, and every 5-10 laps it hits the wall slows down to 70 kph. The wheels spin and he can't accelerate properly.

Weird because in the first try my B-Spec driver had no problems winning this race.

I tried other cars, with the same result... 💡

I had the exact same problaem, but I solved it. Try pacing down. As my tires wore down , I had to pace to 2 or even 1. :dunce: Otherwise, he would hit the wall , and for some reason, turn right into it. try it, 💡 please :crazy:

tubeamp
Just wondering what the advantage is having a Super License ??

There isn't any advantage really. You can't enter any new races with it. S'pose it's just to say you've aced all the required aspects of GT and to gloat with! :sly:

Change that- I was wrong! Some Xprt Mode championships you can only enter with the S License!

in GT3, the S licence was the pinnacle of achievement

in GT4, i found the S easier to obtain than the IA :lol:

ok i havent bothered trying to get golds in them all, and the S in GT4 is only useful if u wanna do some races in Extreme yourself (rather than using Sharon, or whatever your "b" spec driver is called).... but i'd rather have that choice!!

"b" spec shouldnt be your default for doing a race.... well unless its 24 hrs, hehe

Gord

Madd Dog
Can anyone tell me how and when these black LM cars appear? Can't find them anywhere :(

they are cycling around every 695 days

Used cars I
Mazda 787B
Nissan R92P

Used cars II
Toyota GT1
Nissan R390

Roughly alittle bit less than $9,000,000 (you can have some change back) if you are trying to buy them at once.

Madd Dog
When they do appear, how long are they avaliable for?

I think they stay there for 5 days. For example their 1st appearance in the game is between Day 695-700, then 2nd time will be from Day 1390-1395.... and you can do the math for the rest :sly:

Madd Dog
Ah well, am at day 1319, so not long to go. :rolleyes:

Well just to remind you, each time you buy or sell a car that's 1 day, therefore make sure you have plenty dollars ready. And remember to do a oil change, also the chassis refresh :dopey: , otherwise the car will be uncontrollable during the races.

Madd Dog
Does the chassis refresh really make that much of a difference? :)

I've read some posts about it but not sure where. They say chassis refresh only affects those used cars with high millages on.

Madd Dog
Does the chassis refresh really make that much of a difference? :)

Yes. If you have a car that you use a lot and it is available I say buy it.

Some cars it affects more than others.

Zondas suck when the chassis goes whereas my Minolta doesn't seem to change much.

I have not read this whole thread but I assume the answer to the original question is lengthen the gears.

Phil McCavity
in GT3, the S licence was the pinnacle of achievement

in GT4, i found the S easier to obtain than the IA :lol:

I concur...

I found IA-15 harder than S-16. (Altho having said that I did silver IA15 and Bronze S16).

C.

If you are a very good driver (like me!, Jus' kidding!) then use the CLK GTR for the Fuji 624miles which I won 3hours ago! No mods, just use Hard front tyres and Super hard rears. I was up against an R92CP and a Pescarolo 2004 which I eventually lapped 2x, but it was never really easy. Set aside 5hours 10minutes or so and listen to about 6cd's!

U2fanman
If you are a very good driver (like me!, Jus' kidding!) then use the CLK GTR for the Fuji 624miles which I won 3hours ago! No mods, just use Hard front tyres and Super hard rears. I was up against an R92CP and a Pescarolo 2004 which I eventually lapped 2x, but it was never really easy. Set aside 5hours 10minutes or so and listen to about 6cd's!

I can picture it must be a intense race. Because CLK-GTR has such bad handlings.

I did the Ring 24 hour with the Minolta, RSH on the rears and RH on the front. I won the thing with some crazy number like 38 laps in front of second place. I also won the Super Speedway 250 with the same car same settings. the only difference is the Auto setting on my transmission.

Back