Engine swap tunes

• Thread starter F1gtr97
  • 157 comments
Praiano's M3'03 tune works even better with engine swap version. I tested it at WTC 600 Tokyo expressway, the 80,000 one. Was a little over 1 second faster for me. Got 4:16 at WTC 700 le Mans with no swap and got 4:07's with engine swap. High RPM Turbocharger...70 ECU output...96 Power Restrictor & 2,550 for the final gear. Everything else is Praiano's tune, also had more fuel and no oversteer with engine swap version.

Last edited:
It’s too bad this thread has not got more support, I would like a place to find these tunes that is easier than searching each user’s garage.

Edit: I found that praiano’s tune for the 800pp rx7 was a good jumping off point for a max build. I changed a few things, but would never have achieved what he made.

Last edited:
I have some sort of tune for just about every swap car just have to take more pictures when im home.. Id probably say i only have 2 or 3 optimised so far though... This car (s13drift car swapped) is awesome it does have the ultra turbo but it doesnt add to much extra at under 700pp this car can still win 800 sardenga race on normal difficulty... Fair warning you really have to use traction1 at minimum though

Attachments

• 20220628_001937.jpg
    20220628_001937.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 20220628_001921.jpg
    20220628_001921.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 315
It’s too bad this thread has not got more support, I would like a place to find these tunes that is easier than searching each user’s garage.

Edit: I found that praiano’s tune for the 800pp rx7 was a good jumping off point for a max build. I changed a few things, but would never have achieved what he made.
Hey you mind sharing that tune ?

Mini Cooper S '65 with Honda civic K20C1-Civic-20 Engine swap 601pp

Body and motor ALL upgrades especially the largest wheels you can get.

This is my first tune, I am only putting it up as I usually just use Praiano's as they are always great. So I have used Praiano's pic format

The challenge here is to try and get the power to ground so I suggest TCS1 at least. This is the same car I tuned with the original motor and it was "meh!" It now has 3x the HP and is soooo much fun. Tested at Brands Hatch Indy and Goodwood.

Attachments

• Mini 4.jpg
    Mini 4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Mini 3.jpg
    Mini 3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Mini 2.jpg
    Mini 2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 293
  • mini 1.jpg
    mini 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 311
I have a Volkswagen Beetle tune to compete with GR4 Racecars. 629PP

Runs Deep Forest Raceway in 1:33.5

A little twitchy but that was required to lower the lap times to what was needed to be competitive (You can turn TC on to 1 and still pull similar lap times if you want a more stable ride)

If anyone has one for the Vette powered Miata I'd love to try it. I'm looking for something different for the Sarthe grind.

I have a Volkswagen Beetle tune to compete with GR4 Racecars. 629PP

Runs Deep Forest Raceway in 1:33.5

A little twitchy but that was required to lower the lap times to what was needed to be competitive (You can turn TC on to 1 and still pull similar lap times if you want a more stable ride)
Hi Jak, not a bad tune. Here are my screen shots for you to try. I fixed it for you while leaving it at the 630pp mark ;-) I should add at full noise it laps under 1:30 ;-)

I only made 3 changes. 1:move ballast to give 50:50 weight dist, 2: stiffen rear sway bar to 5 and junk those carbon brakes and put slotted racing back on. It now stops and handles consistently ;-)

The car is now far more stable and predictable and I took 1 second off my times I was doing with your original tune so you should be able to also take a second off yours. I only did about 15 laps with this. More time should give better results ;-)

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• bug 1.jpg
    bug 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 166
  • Bug 2.jpg
    Bug 2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Bug 3.jpg
    Bug 3.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 177
Hi Jak, not a bad tune. Here are my screen shots for you to try. I fixed it for you while leaving it at the 630pp mark ;-) I should add at full noise it laps under 1:30 ;-)

I only made 3 changes. 1:move ballast to give 50:50 weight dist, 2: stiffen rear sway bar to 5 and junk those carbon brakes and put slotted racing back on. It now stops and handles consistently ;-)

The car is now far more stable and predictable and I took 1 second off my times I was doing with your original tune so you should be able to also take a second off yours. I only did about 15 laps with this. More time should give better results ;-)

Just heading to bed but am really looking forward to giving this a try tomorrow.

I am very curious about the brakes as I thought they both had the same effectiveness. If not then I have a lot of cars I need to change!!

Thanks for letting me know about your changes. I will let you know my results.

I am very curious about the brakes as I thought they both had the same effectiveness. If not then I have a lot of cars I need to change!!
The PP goes up a couple of points when the brakes are changed back to slotted racing and my braking markers were shortened. Deep Forrest has the best corner to test this on, the hairpin at the top of the mountain ;-)

It is a shame that on these early cars we cant add front aero :-( With your set up and the engine on full power it wheel stands over the hump on the main straight :-))

It is a shame that on these early cars we cant add front aero :-( With your set up and the engine on full power it wheel stands over the hump on the main straight :-))
You are looking at it all wrong, what's better than beating these modern race cars and not even requiring 4 wheels to do it. :)

You are looking at it all wrong, what's better than beating these modern race cars and not even requiring 4 wheels to do it. :)
Too true :-) These "now available" engine swaps has re-invigorated this bland game for me. I am finding it is a real challenge.

I am currently trying to tune the 4 muscle cars (Stingray, Mach 1, Firebird and Challenger) at full noise. The Vette at 1,000hp is undriveable without babying the throttle and full TCS :-( The other two aren't much better :-(

Anyway anyone reading this I would love to hear what you think. I am starting to think the only way is to take all power options off the swapped motors. BTW all my testing has been at Laguna Seca so why not use a challenging track as well :-))

Update the Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 has just re-appeared in the used car dealership....... so I bought 4 ;-) I have lots (and I mean lots) of motors to swap and will try some different body configs and do some side by side testing.

Last edited:
Toyota Crown 3UZ 700pp

I’m quite pleased with this one! It’s handling is neutral, but I suggest running TCS as it’s still 800hp. At lemans it will do 200mph on the straights before the chicanes, and if you set the fuel maps to 6 it will go about 5 laps.

Behold, THE CROWN!

Attachments

• 890781C9-3F2A-4720-A86F-A6BC6E0D77AA.jpeg
    890781C9-3F2A-4720-A86F-A6BC6E0D77AA.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 213
  • F224CE53-10F9-40E0-98FB-5EE40142FF34.jpeg
    F224CE53-10F9-40E0-98FB-5EE40142FF34.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 206
  • B3B1F632-0917-48DB-8CE9-79046B6A01DC.jpeg
    B3B1F632-0917-48DB-8CE9-79046B6A01DC.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 07FDCEBF-6FA0-4BDB-9AD3-44293BB1D8F1.jpeg
    07FDCEBF-6FA0-4BDB-9AD3-44293BB1D8F1.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 211
Toyota Crown 3UZ 700pp

I’m quite pleased with this one! It’s handling is neutral, but I suggest running TCS as it’s still 800hp. At lemans it will do 200mph on the straights before the chicanes, and if you set the fuel maps to 6 it will go about 5 laps.

Behold, THE CROWN!
Cant wait to get home to try this out

Praiano's M3'03 tune works even better with engine swap version. I tested it at WTC 600 Tokyo expressway, the 80,000 one. Was a little over 1 second faster for me. Got 4:16 at WTC 700 le Mans with no swap and got 4:07's with engine swap. High RPM Turbocharger...70 ECU output...96 Power Restrictor & 2,550 for the final gear. Everything else is Praiano's tune, also had more fuel and no oversteer with engine swap version.
Works a treat mate. Forgot to install turbo initially and thought id restrict for tokyo... acceleration was appalling and wondered what the hell was going on :D.

Worked great on le sarthe. Could maybe nudge final gear another 10kpmh as it read lines on a straight.

Last edited:
I have some sort of tune for just about every swap car just have to take more pictures when im home.. Id probably say i only have 2 or 3 optimised so far though... This car (s13drift car swapped) is awesome it does have the ultra turbo but it doesnt add to much extra at under 700pp this car can still win 800 sardenga race on normal difficulty... Fair warning you really have to use traction1 at minimum though
Yaris tune, anyone?

Last edited:
Toyota Crown 3UZ 700pp

Behold, THE CROWN!
Thanks for this mate, think its my favourite car to use on the 700pp races.
Quick, but sips fuel. Can get 6/7 laps on fuel map 6 on the French course with the long straights.
Yes the Silvia is faster, can get 230/240 on the straights, but the fuel only lasts 2/3 laps.
Just a note, your build has been 'patched' so don't change it in case you cant get back to it. Mine ended up around 720pp with your settings, think i added ballast to get it under 700.

My Q with the swap is insane. Soft race tires let loose at 180mph.....wth? I tried one tune from another thread. Looking for other options.

Last edited:

Ok I finally managed to give it a go for a couple of laps. I had to drop a little power to get it back under 630 as you mentioned.

Braking. A big improvement, not only allows me to brake later but stops the other cars running into my rear.

Handling. Also an improvement, I feel much more confident to push it on corners.

Lap times. No improvement but that is due to my limited testing laps. It definitely has more potential than my tune.

Thanks heaps for improving it. Loving the changes.

Back