Engine swap tunes

• Thread starter F1gtr97
  • 157 comments
Has anyone engine swapped the BMW 3.0 CSL?
This is mine. Tuned down to 600pp for Tokyo. It is very fuel efficient. No pit stops needed with SH tyres.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801211130.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801211130.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205257.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205257.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205333-CSL.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205333-CSL.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 125
Anyone got the delorean swap? No idea what to do with it.
This DMC tune I did with a swap is working out good enough to share. TCS 1 at least is suggested, and she’s quite thirsty, so fuel on 6, but she still pulls away from AI 700pp.

Wide body, wide wheels, and wide offset on racing hards.

I added ballast to bring the weight distribution closer to 50/50 and in return did the stage 1 lightening. Have fun!

Attachments

• 3FA61325-9E6E-4F20-82DB-FA516F5A7FAC.jpeg
    3FA61325-9E6E-4F20-82DB-FA516F5A7FAC.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 837C0536-8719-4DB9-9D25-E56864E5BDC0.jpeg
    837C0536-8719-4DB9-9D25-E56864E5BDC0.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 79B98944-E496-4137-9248-5A1CA937050E.jpeg
    79B98944-E496-4137-9248-5A1CA937050E.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 142
Way to go man, that's awesome!

Now you have to do it in the Sambabus.
The Porsche Curves kill it :-( I do think it is achievable though BUT between the rain and the heavy fuel consumption and not quite getting to the 700PP on race hards it will take quite a bit of effort to get the win.

And be warned, because of the "tender" rear end and the GR4 cars having better brakes be aware the AI WILL spin you at every opportunity :-( I can't make it past the 2nd lap without rage quitting ;-)

I think I am going to have to try some different tuning options. Anyway, it fills in time ;-)

Now where's that engine for my DeLorean? :-))

The Porsche Curves kill it :-( I do think it is achievable though BUT between the rain and the heavy fuel consumption and not quite getting to the 700PP on race hards it will take quite a bit of effort to get the win.

And be warned, because of the "tender" rear end and the GR4 cars having better brakes be aware the AI WILL spin you at every opportunity :-( I can't make it past the 2nd lap without rage quitting ;-)

I think I am going to have to try some different tuning options. Anyway, it fills in time ;-)

Now where's that engine for my DeLorean? :-))
Finally have done it :-) And not just once, twice now to make sure it was not a fluke. The unpredictable rain at La Sarthe makes doing comparisons difficult and boy oh boy this Samba Bus (Kombi) is quite fun in the rain on full wets but it did help to get the wins.

Samba Bus up to 695 PP depending on suspension settings <palm slap to forehead> ;-)

Tuning Bits: Everything! If it can be fitted put it on.

Tips: FM 1 is only 2 laps FM 5 gets 3 comfortably and still has lots of speed. Don't let it slide too much as it destroys tyres :-(

Attachments

• Kombi Tune 3.jpg
    Kombi Tune 3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Kombi Tune 2.jpg
    Kombi Tune 2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Kombi Tune 1.jpg
    Kombi Tune 1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Kombi Win.jpg
    Kombi Win.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 163
Honda Integra DC2 '98 with K20C1 swap
Don’t let me forget this one. Probably not the next cycle, but I do want to get it on the list.
Way to go man, that's awesome!

Now you have to do it in the Sambabus.
Oh you know that’s next when I get down to VW again!
This DMC tune I did with a swap is working out good enough to share. TCS 1 at least is suggested, and she’s quite thirsty, so fuel on 6, but she still pulls away from AI 700pp.
I’m going to try and get to this one tomorrow. D’oh! Forgot I might need the egine first. :banghead:

Mine for the RX787 - 600PP
Aero on this bad boy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine for the RX787 - 600PP
Yea, so I just no-stopped Sarthe with it. Obiously the weather cooperated and the lap times were rather pedestrian, but that was awesome! Great patience must be taken with her or she will try and kill you. Bravo!

97F9B598-7D2A-4275-AAE4-4EC17E3663BA.jpeg
92AF708E-BC91-4585-B48F-32699BE8ED74.jpeg

I am not admin, but I believe he was one of the ones that only came around for 'tips and tunes' because of the "bonanza" ticket glitch that was yielding swaps and parts.

He was posting alot of his "times" on the maestro's tuning page. After 3 pages of him posting amongst the usual thread banter, to the point of me actually posting,

("Is it really necessary to post your lap of every single vehicle vehice? This is a tune/tip sharing thread? No need to share your results for every tune in a thread of 150 pages...)

I believe he was sharing false info as well, engine swap thread maybe? Been a couple months now.

I was down for surgery, but now am back at work, havent been following threads as much.

He wasn't a long time member like most here, only here for a glitch. (No offense to you, joined june 22 as well I see)

Now he isprobably running around Tokyo in a swapped car doing ricer fly bys and going "reverse".

This is all my assumptions/opinion and are not the thoughts of gtplanet lol

@Famine ultimately would be the one to ask!!

Ps-

A thread for swaps was needed anyways, the glitch just had new folks scrambling everywhere for quick satisfaction.

He was posting alot of his "times" on the maestro's tuning page. After 3 pages of him posting amongst the usual thread banter, to the point of me actually posting,

("Is it really necessary to post your lap of every single vehicle vehice? This is a tune/tip sharing thread? No need to share your results for every tune in a thread of 150 pages...)
Out of curiousity, I was posting a lot of my times at the same time on Pra’s wall and took that comment partially directed at me. At the time I didn’t understand it and have curtailed the behavior significantly and resorted to hiding the screenshots behind spoilers and not posting anything if there’s not something notable about the time(s), 1, for less clutter and 2, because it seemed it wasn’t appreciated. Now, if someone wants to see, they just click the button, if they don’t, just keep on scrollin‘!

Is this a more appropriate approach or is it considered proper forum etiquette to refrain from that altogether?

I am not admin, but I believe he was one of the ones that only came around for 'tips and tunes' because of the "bonanza" ticket glitch that was yielding swaps and parts.

I believe he was sharing false info as well, engine swap thread maybe? Been a couple months now.

I was down for surgery, but now am back at work, havent been following threads as much.

He wasn't a long time member like most here, only here for a glitch. (No offense to you, joined june 22 as well I see)

Now he isprobably running around Tokyo in a swapped car doing ricer fly bys and going "reverse".

This is all my assumptions/opinion and are not the thoughts of gtplanet lol

@Famine ultimately would be the one to ask!!

Ps-

A thread for swaps was needed anyways, the glitch just had new folks scrambling everywhere for quick satisfaction.
no offense taken i was just curious what happened to the OP of this thread considering i visit here frequently the "banned" notification always catches my eyes.anyways, im hoping this thread can still continue and grow with new tunes in the future.thanks for the explanation.

Finally have done it :-) And not just once, twice now to make sure it was not a fluke. The unpredictable rain at La Sarthe makes doing comparisons difficult and boy oh boy this Samba Bus (Kombi) is quite fun in the rain on full wets but it did help to get the wins.

Samba Bus up to 695 PP depending on suspension settings <palm slap to forehead> ;-)

Tuning Bits: Everything! If it can be fitted put it on.

Tips: FM 1 is only 2 laps FM 5 gets 3 comfortably and still has lots of speed. Don't let it slide too much as it destroys tyres :-(
No one said it had to be pretty right? Mission:accomplished. Entertaining to say the least, I’d love to take it on a dry day sometime.

7E4BD58A-E161-441E-AB16-F70FFA2A56DC.jpeg

My 700pp M3 GTR tune. You can swap for hards and increase power if you want. Easy 1 stop on fuel map 1 on La Sarthe
I got it kinda’ close, but I don’t want to test it until I can get a closer match. Can you provide the GT parts used as well as the upgrades? I’m about 10 PP over right now.

No wide body/19” wheel/wide wheel/wide offset/front B/side A/rear A/custom wing

F4A6A503-E38C-4587-921F-FAFE163FF332.jpeg
5F944982-1ED2-490B-958A-9CFBC199F2E2.jpeg
84BE3826-B83F-4CE2-BA0A-33E15DE301E8.jpeg

Out of curiousity, I was posting a lot of my times at the same time on Pra’s wall and took that comment partially directed at me. At the time I didn’t understand it and have curtailed the behavior significantly and resorted to hiding the screenshots behind spoilers and not posting anything if there’s not something notable about the time(s), 1, for less clutter and 2, because it seemed it wasn’t appreciated. Now, if someone wants to see, they just click the button, if they don’t, just keep on scrollin‘!

Is this a more appropriate approach or is it considered proper forum etiquette to refrain from that altogether?
I dont think it matters, I'm no forum guru, just a long time member! People share times frequently, even on pras page, but just like alcohol, all in moderation! 1 post every once in a while, not to the point of almost spam, as he was. I enjoy all your posts in all the forums, keep up the good work, sorry if you took any offense!

LOVED this one. It was all going splendidly until I missed a pit for a tire swap, hence the terrible time on L4. I think she’s actually capable of 5 laps economy-wise, but I’m too hard on tires and probably can’t do it. She’s due for another run to bring the overall time down, but this was a really great tune for this car and there are quite a few to compete with.

5BB85D4F-BEBA-4FA6-AC1A-B9AB44D341B5.jpeg

I dont think it matters, I'm no forum guru, just a long time member! People share times frequently, even on pras page, but just like alcohol, all in moderation! 1 post every once in a while, not to the point of almost spam, as he was. I enjoy all your posts in all the forums, keep up the good work, sorry if you took any offense!
In retrospect, my posting was probably a bit excessive as well, that’s why I have curtailed it a bit and only when its actually something noteworthy (in regards to lap times at least, lol). None taken, you helped to make me a better contributor!

I don’t suppose you have the tuning sheets for this one?
Install a custom wing, it lowers the pp by about 16 points. You can go more power with more ballast or less power with less ballast. This tune is in the middle more or less and the rear end only gets a little happy on the first lap while it's very wet. (different livery but same car from my other post)
:cheers:

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916083413-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916083413-1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916083510-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916083510-2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916083530-3.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916083530-3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 80
Install a custom wing, it lowers the pp by about 16 points. You can go more power with more ballast or less power with less ballast. This tune is in the middle more or less and the rear end only gets a little happy on the first lap while it's very wet. (different livery but same car from my other post)
:cheers:
Holy Hell is that car fast! Getting out of 2nd is an arduous task though, maybe using the M Turbo was the culprit however. I‘d definitely give this one another run at some point, well done!

Last edited:
Tuned for WTC700, insanely fast (can get less than 4 minutes for fastest lap) , handles quite well for a small car with big engine, the problem is the fuel consumption is pretty quick even with FM6. Personally this car is really fun for me, but I'd like to know if there's something that you guys would think suits better. I'm not good at tuning like most of you.
Ff1pHpnUoAAD2lQ.jpeg
Ff1W_EmVEAAOX00.jpeg
Ff1pP9PVIAAZoev.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my Dodge Challenger tune completed .
She’s competitive with all the other swapped tunes I’ve tested and may be the best of the bunch. The skies opened up on me this race, so I never got a truly clean lap. That said, I was very impressed by her wet-track ability. Up for a retest, but I was quite happy with the car.

B0CAC18C-05D5-4A74-B0CF-AD505AD7DA6B.jpeg

Challenger ‘70 (Swapped)
Man, I am not happy right now. I pulled in at L6 for a tire change and my last fuel top-off and the game did not refuel me. I was on such a good pace, had ideal conditions and was on pace to lap the ENTIRE field, I was thinking a 4:05 for L7 was likely. Excellent tune, look for me to shatter these times and exact my vengeance soon.

D23A9FD0-A62D-4D67-B0C1-DC0C75D8C111.jpeg

BD910BC9-E892-4DF7-8E5D-5BB75989CDB8.jpeg

Much better conditions and better times, but I still feel as if I left something out there.

865D3EFF-8409-4F54-8927-E2F02CDE38C2.jpeg

Last edited:
She’s competitive with all the other swapped tunes I’ve tested and may be the best of the bunch. The skies opened up on me this race, so I never got a truly clean lap. That said, I was very impressed by her wet-track ability. Up for a retest, but I was quite happy with the car.

Happy that you had fun with it!

Back