Enhance Your Skills II - Interest thread

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 73 comments
Ok, I know some of the rules like no handbrake are controversial. But in a competition, as I found out last series, the rules need to be laid down and not changed. Rules are the same for everyone. :)

Thanks again for the interest shown in the Series. :) I will most likely post the qualifier next week. I will be doing some testing over the next week (first time back on GT5:P for about 4-5 months. :lol:). Any suggestions by PM please.

Tiago

In real life and the game you can't drift a FWD without hand-brake or at least to keep it sliding ;) but I believe this event will only RWD have cars or Mid-Engine, right Mad?

I hope the qualifier will be at Eiger with the Viper SRT :sly: this car drifts with no effort :lol:

P.S: for any who's intrested, check my youtube channel, I've some drifting laps at Eiger not the best as I was still learning...:cheers:

Last edited:
I think the quali will be a TT.

I can't drift the SRT10 very well, or the Blitz D1 drift car, but I'm pretty nifty with a California and SL55 :D. All the people I have said the easiest to get going with is the Cali and SL.

The EYS II Qualifier will be a Time Trial. ;)

This is predominantly a TT event. Time Trials will have FWD, RWD and AWD. Drifting will only be RWD cars.

I think the no handbrake rule is very good, mainly because you feel like an unco trying to use it in the first place, plus along with all the spirit of racing stuff.

I think the no handbrake rule is very good, mainly because you feel like an unco trying to use it in the first place, plus along with all the spirit of racing stuff.

The rules could be better but its fine by me:)! Just the handbrake issue and the drifting only with RWD... really dont understand you guys some times :dopey:!

Ok ill lay down my points of view:

1. Handbrake use is a tecnic like any other and has absolutly nothing to do with "the spirit of racing" or the racing legend keiichi tsuchiya:tup: has no GT spirit :lol::lol:! He uses it everytime he needs too in any car (FF, RR, AWD, MR or FR) once in a while, except GT racing cars! I think the faster you go out of tight corners the better;)! Oh yeah all the fastest GT5p racers use it in TT. Do you guys need names? Well with the exception of Holl... :lol:!

2. Handbrake and drifting only in RWD?! You guys never seen D1 championship?

If its possible, why not? Hope you guys get my point! 👍 Was thinking maybe its better to move the issue to another thread :lol:!

Last edited:
Many good arguments for and against the handbrake guys, but the bottom line is, as Mad says, we need to clarify the rules straight up so we're all running on an even playing field. I think we should respect his view, as organiser of the event, and agree to abide by them, that way no one has an unfair advantage or disadvantage 👍

It was a typo! heh, don't read into it tooooo much! :D

Chad

Liar ...!!!...:lol::lol:

Count me in aswell...
Will try do do as many races as i can,allready have trouble to do more than 1,5 hours a week for the WRS lately...will try though...👍👍👍

spyrrari.

I will post the Enhance Your Skills II qualifier next Monday. :) That will run for a week, a week to get divisions sorted then EYS II will kick off. :)

:cheers: for the interest guys.

I will post the Enhance Your Skills II qualifier next Monday. :) That will run for a week, a week to get divisions sorted then EYS II will kick off. :)

:cheers: for the interest guys.

Looking forward:)!

Awesome work with EYS II Mad! good to see:).

Well i have to say! i will not be abel to run in this series! if the handbrake is banned!:indiff: i do understand real racers rarely use it! but there is nothing stoping them if they want to cure some understeer! it's a style i enjoy and want to continue with!. Everyone has a handbrake so why ban it? if it could shave .100 using it! why not? i would TRY not to use it but i don't think i can over all 12 rounds! and will get pinged for it so i will just sit this out thanks.

Good luck! to all taking part anyay:)

Seems like I am being convinced to join in this time because otherwise I'll just miss a lot of fun with friends from WRS and others in GTP 👍

Well i have to say! i will not be abel to run in this series! if the handbrake is banned!:indiff: i do understand real racers rarely use it! but there is nothing stoping them if they want to cure some understeer! it's a style i enjoy and want to continue with!. Everyone has a handbrake so why ban it? if it could shave .100 using it! why not? i would TRY not to use it but i don't think i can over all 12 rounds! and will get pinged for it so i will just sit this out thanks.

Join bro:tup:! Your fast anyway :D!

Last edited:

yea come on bro you dont need the handbrake to be fast !

We need another kiwi in mate 👍

Agreed, hand brake in my opinion is a bad habit, you tend to over drive, its unrealistic, in real life you would only use it once during a corner, but in gt5p you can apply it multiple times, which is absurd, thats just my opinion, you'd be suprised how fast you can be by feeling the car around a corner, sensing the traction and sensing that precise steering angle needed to obtain the limit, the handbrake interferes with such practices, look forward to the warmup;)

Agreed, hand brake in my opinion is a bad habit, you tend to over drive, its unrealistic, in real life you would only use it once during a corner, but in gt5p you can apply it multiple times, which is absurd, thats just my opinion, you'd be suprised how fast you can be by feeling the car around a corner, sensing the traction and sensing that precise steering angle needed to obtain the limit, the handbrake interferes with such practices, look forward to the warmup;)

I agree that it is a bad habit Dan 👍 It is better for us all to try and do without it in order to improve our driving in the end. I usually use it to cover up a mistake that I made by over driving into a corner, where if I don't use it I might clip the apex a bit too late. Although I will say that in a few select cars and tracks, it is ultimately quicker to use the handbrake. The Mines is one car that really likes the hand brake, as it generally has a fair bit of off throttle understeer, and likes to have as straight of a run out of corners as possible.

Agreed again, barely, I did notice while trying (the operative word hehe) to compete with MeAgainstYou in the Mines around various tracks that he did gain a very slight advantage in some slow tricky corners, like Suzuka, the hairpin after T1, but we're talking no more than .025, pointless even acknowledging it.

This rule created by Mad, is beneficial to the series as it solidifies a completely level playing environment, plus adhering to the general spirit of racing... I have never seen anyone ever use a hand brake on a tarmac race course during a race in my lifetime, If it was used more than 50 percent of the time during races all over the world, then it would be a different story- Mad is just simply using a bit of common sense.

This rule should not dishearten drivers who have grown accustom to using the handbrake, It should encourage them to adopt a more realistic driving style on what is meant to be a realistic simulator.;)

I am in but I have a question.
If I run a time trial playing with a wheel, can I switch to the sixaxis for the drift trial.

Handbrake should be banned during time trials for the reasons mentioned above.

Looking forward forward to the competition. EYS+WRS the more the better and it will keep me busy until GT5.

I am in but I have a question.
If I run a time trial playing with a wheel, can I switch to the sixaxis for the drift trial.

Handbrake should be banned during time trials for the reasons mentioned above.

Looking forward forward to the competition. EYS+WRS the more the better and it will keep me busy until GT5.

There are no rules regarding what controller you can use so this will be fine

I am planning on doing the same as i am hopeless at drifting with a wheel :dopey:

Back