Enthusia Lives!

• Thread starter Adam West
  • 34 comments
well, I'm planning to buy a PS3 when GT5 (maybe GT5:P) is released, and I won't buy two next gen consoles, so I only hope that EPR2, if ever, gets released on the PS3 also ...

If these two games are released in different consoles, I'll just wait for their reviews here (from you Wolfe, regarding EPR2; from you Scaff, regarding GT5; from Dave A, regarding both :lol: ) before I decide what to buy ... :D

PS - a true "LM24H 2" from Atari would probably help me make my decision :dopey:

Didn't Enthusia die back in the Summer of 2005? Unless I'm mistaken it was a flop for Konami in terms of sales and they lost a good deal of money on it. In fact, unlike Konami's successful games, and despite having talked it up in their 2004 corporate report, Enthusia was not even mentioned in their 2005 and 2006 reports.

I tried to find a reliable estimate on the total sales figure for Enthusia and have not found any, but I'm guessing it was very low. I wouldn't be surprised if it has sold a lot more units as a bargain bin game then it did when it was released at full price. Given that, I seriously doubt Konami is going to try and make another Enthusia game, especially now that the sim-racing market is even more crowded than before.

Didn't Enthusia die back in the Summer of 2005? Unless I'm mistaken it was a flop for Konami in terms of sales and they lost a good deal of money on it. In fact, unlike Konami's successful games, and despite having talked it up in their 2004 corporate report, Enthusia was not even mentioned in their 2005 and 2006 reports.

I tried to find a reliable estimate on the total sales figure for Enthusia and have not found any, but I'm guessing it was very low. I wouldn't be surprised if it has sold a lot more units as a bargain bin game then it did when it was released at full price. Given that, I seriously doubt Konami is going to try and make another Enthusia game, especially now that the sim-racing market is even more crowded than before.

Sheesh, it doesn't get more depressing than that.

---

On a related note, you'd think that with the drifterzzzzzzz1one craze hitting full force after drifting was discovered in GT3, and with players hungering for a "touge" type track, that Dragon Range in EPR would grab a good amount of these people. The irony is that these drifterzzzzz1one would actually stand to learn a thing or two about vehicle dynamics outside of Initial D (ha!). I guess not.

Sheesh, it doesn't get more depressing than that.

Sometimes the truth hurts...

I think it's undeniable that Dragon Range is the highlight of EPR because it showcases the strengths of the physics model (as well as some of the nice graphics effects). On some of the other courses, the "drifting physics" seem less convincing.

If enthusia 2 was made it would have to be on the PS3, as that's the only console which works with the G25.

MS failed with the xbox 1 by not having FFB (DFP vs madcatz... nuff said), and the new 360 FFB wheel is as bad as the GT3 wheel (Original driving force). It's such an awful, awful wheel...

Enthusia is freaking fantastic with the G25. You can throw the wheel around, let it spin itself, it's awesome fun! The DFP was waaay too slow to feel natural (i wore the gears in mine by "ripping" the wheel about).

Back